Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2021 at 6:21 PM Last edited by mykindofawesome : 1st Apr 2021 at 2:03 AM. Reason: marked as answered
Default Invisible Road Replacement for Dirt Terrain?
I've been looking and I can't find a dirt road replacement that I like, since I like the EAxis dirt terrain and don't want to replace the entire terrain. Honestly I just want to keep it and just have the roads be invisible, but am open to other similar dirt-like terrains if they have invisible roads. If no one knows of any invisible dirt terrain roads, is there a tutorial on how to do it myself? I can follow a tutorial, even if I can't mod generally or make textures on my own, but I'm not sure where to start for making a road replacement other than that I do know that "invisible" roads are actually made with the textures of the terrain replaced onto the road textures themselves.

Many thanks if anyone can help!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 30th Mar 2021 at 6:49 PM
This is the cheat I use when I want to keep the EAxis terrain :
BoolProp_DisplayNeighborhoodRoads_False

Where the underscore (__) means a space and you do not have to type in the underscore.

I found out that although for my medieval neighborhood I like to manually remove the stop signs and other N-hood props, I'll leave them long enough to place my lots.
That way I still know where the roads were; before changing the trees/flora as well.
My medieval and also my apocalypse N-hoods get a total revamp.
Hope that helps.

" Inama Nushif "
Alchemist
#3 Old 30th Mar 2021 at 9:33 PM
Agree with Tleilaxu3; I was looking for this exact thing when I was working on a desert hood.

You could edit a default file (for example delete the grass textures from Sunni's grass default for all terrains, with no roads). But the easiest way turned out to be to just add "BoolProp DisplayNeighborhoodRoads False" to your userstartup.cheat file. That way the cheat stays on every time you load the hood. And do add lots/decorate before you remove the roads; much easier.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Mar 2021 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tleilaxu3
This is the cheat I use when I want to keep the EAxis terrain :
BoolProp_DisplayNeighborhoodRoads_False

Where the underscore (__) means a space and you do not have to type in the underscore.

I found out that although for my medieval neighborhood I like to manually remove the stop signs and other N-hood props, I'll leave them long enough to place my lots.
That way I still know where the roads were; before changing the trees/flora as well.
My medieval and also my apocalypse N-hoods get a total revamp.
Hope that helps.

Ahhh thank you! I honestly forgot that cheat even existed! I had no idea it would be so simple. You've saved me a ton of work!

Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Agree with Tleilaxu3; I was looking for this exact thing when I was working on a desert hood.

You could edit a default file (for example delete the grass textures from Sunni's grass default for all terrains, with no roads). But the easiest way turned out to be to just add "BoolProp DisplayNeighborhoodRoads False" to your userstartup.cheat file. That way the cheat stays on every time you load the hood. And do add lots/decorate before you remove the roads; much easier.

I appreciate your feedback too! Thank you very much!