Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jun 2021 at 10:16 AM
Default Cheaper Clothing
Is there a mod which makes purchasing clothing from the racks cheaper - more reasonable?
I don't mean the get-for-free coat rack or anything like that. My sims have to purchase their outfits but don't want to pay 200 for a t-shirt.
TIA.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Jun 2021 at 8:05 PM
You can start with the hacked hooks for charity sims and I use cheaper clothing racks though I downloaded them a long time ago.The hooks are from this site and I alos use them for sims taking charity.I like to place them on community lots and in apartments for sims or in dorms if I add a high school campus.
Alchemist
#3 Old 26th Jun 2021 at 11:06 PM
Gdayars Mannequins and Clothing Racks

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Jun 2021 at 1:10 PM
I couldn't find anything on this site but I did get those from Gdayars. But they still seem to cost 200 for everything, even the cheapest racks/mannequins.
Alchemist
#5 Old 27th Jun 2021 at 3:03 PM
@VirtualAlex there should be a tutorial on Gdayars' page that tells you how to adjust the prices in simPE. That way you can adjust prices to your liking.

Otherwise, yeah for now the options are free and regular price. Gdayars' mod is really the only mod I've seen that attempts to give price ranges.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Jun 2021 at 3:19 PM
Ok thanks, if I'm brave I'll give that a shot!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 27th Jun 2021 at 3:38 PM
That link is where I got clothing racks from that give options to have clothing at default prices or have it be cheaper or more expensive than normal if I place the right racks in the game.I got the hacked coat hooks from here to have a charity mission bin of clothing for my poor sims to be able to get free clothing if they don't mind clothing from donations.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 27th Jun 2021 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VirtualAlex
Ok thanks, if I'm brave I'll give that a shot!

Don't know how cheap you want them but the cheat code "kaching" gives 1,000 each time you use it so buy what you want then refund 1,000 or more to off set the price.
This way no mod needed.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#9 Old 27th Jun 2021 at 11:37 PM Last edited by gdayars : 27th Jun 2021 at 11:48 PM.
There are a few versions of my stuff there. Some you download as a global mod, and it changes some of the price racks to cheap, regular price, and expensive. Some are custom racks that sell things at cheaper, regular priced and more expensive. I also include a tutorial so you can change the bcons to whatever prices you actually want to sell them at, as I only set them at what I thought was a reasonable amount Also the prices work differently in owned vs unowned stores. So the prices for owned stores is what is altered in the global tuning bcons. There are different prices for various items as well, depending on whether you buy say a casual outfit as opposed to formal etc. for unowned stores. 200 for casual as opposed to 400 for formal. Now the reason I included the unowned one, is so you can adjust the prices for unowned ones to what you like. Now if you want to actually have different prices for both owned and unowned ones, I suggest using the custom racks instead because those prices are separated out into cheap, standard, and expensive ones. Again you can alter the prices as you see fit. I realize it is very complicated, but blame maxis for that! For some reason they made everything tunable individually for owned stores but unowned ones get stuck with the same generic prices (global bhav wise) but the clothing items in unowned can be priced differently.

Also I wanted to add that if you have any questions you can message me there or on Tumblr or here. I promise I won't bite
Mad Poster
#10 Old 28th Jun 2021 at 1:38 AM
@gdayers -I got the custom versions of the racks at least a few years ago and put them into my game so I can just use the ones I wanted to have some stores be more expensive or cheaper for clothing and I've loved that freedome ever since adding it into my game.I've got your download for the clothing racks bookmarked on my browser.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 28th Jun 2021 at 8:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
There are a few versions of my stuff there. Some you download as a global mod, and it changes some of the price racks to cheap, regular price, and expensive. Some are custom racks that sell things at cheaper, regular priced and more expensive. I also include a tutorial so you can change the bcons to whatever prices you actually want to sell them at, as I only set them at what I thought was a reasonable amount Also the prices work differently in owned vs unowned stores. So the prices for owned stores is what is altered in the global tuning bcons. There are different prices for various items as well, depending on whether you buy say a casual outfit as opposed to formal etc. for unowned stores. 200 for casual as opposed to 400 for formal. Now the reason I included the unowned one, is so you can adjust the prices for unowned ones to what you like. Now if you want to actually have different prices for both owned and unowned ones, I suggest using the custom racks instead because those prices are separated out into cheap, standard, and expensive ones. Again you can alter the prices as you see fit. I realize it is very complicated, but blame maxis for that! For some reason they made everything tunable individually for owned stores but unowned ones get stuck with the same generic prices (global bhav wise) but the clothing items in unowned can be priced differently.

Also I wanted to add that if you have any questions you can message me there or on Tumblr or here. I promise I won't bite

I need a rack/mannequin that can be used on a community lot, not a business (at the moment, don't have any home businesses currently). I will give it a go to change the prices when I get SimPE reinstalled, but can you please point to the exact rack I will need to do this. Yes it is complicated...! Thanks for the download gdayars, it does look like what I need.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#12 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 2:54 AM
Any of the custom mannequins and racks will work there. The one marked cheap sells at cheap prices at both unowned and owned lots, the one marked standard does standard prices and the one marked expensive does expensive. And yes they do sell at different prices than the standard prices in game (except for the standard one). The clothing in unowned lots sells at different prices depending on category so underwear is cheaper than formal wear for example. The global mods were marked differently for owned ones but only include the bcon for unowned for you to set for yourself. If you contact me privately I can change them to whatever you would like to have in your game.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 8:36 AM
Thanks gdayars, I PM'd you!