Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jul 2021 at 3:23 PM
Default Is there a mod to reduce sims' obsession with playing on the computer?
It's just really annoying, sims are obsessed with playing the computer on every single lot, I want to have computers in my community and residential lots not only for their interactions but because of realism too. I know there are mods to reduce a sim's obsession with certain objects so I was wondering if there's one for the computer, I haven't found any to this day.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 12:01 AM
Visitors, Stay off my stuff! https://modthesims.info/d/315995/vi...f-my-stuff.html

If you mean a playable you are controlling then IDK I don't find they gravitate much at all towards the computer.
Also, this is more of a WCIF rather than help.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#3 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 7:34 PM
I use No Autonomous Computer Game, which reduces the times I've had to stop sims from playing computer games constantly. They will still check E-Mails and Chat Online, though. Since I use Monique's Computer more than the regular Maxis ones, my sims don't even use them at all autonomously anymore, however, I'm aware not everyone would want that.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 11:04 PM
Oh maybe that's why my sims don't use them, 99% of computers in my game are Moniques.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 12:07 AM
Not exactly what you asked but I use twojeffs' Computer Fixes, the normal version. The fact that visitors can't use the computer, and that other household members leave it alone when it's already in use makes its presence bearable.

The no autonomy version seems to kill all computer autonomy, which seems too extreme for what you want. Sounds like Squinge's No Autonomous Computer is less extreme, it «only» kills playing and chatting. But I haven't tested this one and I wouldn't want my sims to stop spontaneously deciding to chat.

My sims still use the computer autonomously but aren't obsessed with it. Of course it also depends on the sim's personality, and on the computer's placement. If it's right next to their bed they will tend to sit at the computer as soon as they get up, same if it's the closest fun object when they get home from school or work. Or of it's the only fun object on the lot.