Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 8:12 AM
neighborhood and neighboring lots in HD
Is there any actual mod to improve the entire neighborhood lots look. I know of some for actual neighborhood decoration items etc but I am specifically talking about the way of the neighboring lot buildings etc look while being next to it from the lot you play on.

image is by cord11, using just as reference
the neighbors are always pixelated to hell and always bothered me, other then that I love TS2

If a mod doesn't exists can someone make a code that loads in actual lot materials instead of the awful lods. Or at least half of the lot texture quality. Something like textures from mid settings. That is all I can say for now, I am tired so due to it out of ideas...
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 11:37 AM
Try this tutorial-
https://criquette-was-here.tumblr.c.../the-roof-is-on

But there is no way that I'm aware of to increase the lot impstor resolution that the game generates; it's something a lot of us would like!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 12:16 AM
Seeing that post, basically now I understand that the game actually compiles / bakes textures into a new file. With that maybe someone can come up with a script code to override that and instead bakes a texture into a higher resolution.
Maybe it's a simple case of editing the numerals in the game config. I don't have the game installed so can't try this. I am just brainstorming before I build a PC for TS2 in a hope that I will jump and play then, instead of dealing with too many modding.

Also a no-brainer is that the game also compiles / bakes a lot into a low poly 3D model and that code might be trickier then the textures. For a start textures seem like the easier fix.
I just wasn't sure how the textures work but now it's all clear.

So yeah maybe someone can make it happen so we don't go manually lot by lot and edit the textures that will be overwritten by the game at one point anyways.

For now I am just watching some people stream and helping them finding mods and brainstorming about what I will need and what can be done etc so I be ready for later events.
Instructor
#4 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 10:23 AM
Ugh, that's why I don't like row houses/buildings. I can't be sorounded with pixelated houses. It's such a shame they couldn't improve it while other games can't even have row houses at all.