Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Nov 2015 at 1:48 PM
Default Elder Clothing
Where can I find some nice recolors or newer meshed clothing for the elders which are maxis shape only? It's difficult to tell some downloads because they don't say whether the body shape has been altered or if they're maxis. No adult to elder or ones the adult are needed to work, please. (: Thanks!

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Nov 2015 at 4:58 PM
You can look at All About Style - there are some decent clothes, many recolors of Maxis. Google All about Style, Sims 2 elder.
You can look at Trapping/ Jedpie - she has left the community, but has converted a lot of stuff for elders.You might unfortunately need some adult stuff, but she has converted some of Fanseelamb's clothes, which I had anyway.
And you have to look at Cat of Evil Genius on MTS, I love her clothing for elder females, and they look very good on my Sims, especially the separates.
Dustfinger has converted stuff as well here on MTS like the H&M clothing.
Lidignata has some nice stuff here on MTS as well.
(Guess who has been hunting for elder clothes recently )
Forum Resident
#3 Old 4th Nov 2015 at 5:21 PM
GOS is having November as Senior Citizens content. There isn't much yet, but you could keep an eye on it throughout the month: http://digitalperversion.net/garden...p?topic=32978.0
Theorist
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Nov 2015 at 5:38 PM
I've been to All About Style and a few of the others, I'll check a few more. I've also been watching the GoS but so far they're converted from adult body shape. They do have a few links posted under that one too. Thanks!

Mad Poster
#5 Old 5th Nov 2015 at 8:13 PM
I'm looking too, but I WANT them have a non-elder shape - or at least look like they own a bra!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 5th Nov 2015 at 10:38 PM
I use both adult and elder shapes depending on an elders age. Thanks for the link I am about to have a bunch of elders in my new hood and needed some new adult body shaped meshes.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Not actually evil.
#7 Old 6th Nov 2015 at 3:04 PM
tamo and cocomama here at MTS also made elder clothes that mix and match just fine with Maxis

Aw, @Justpetro, you made my day.

@grammapat - I'm going to convert Amaryll's safari shirt, my rolled sleeve Oxford, and Skellington's Oxford for elder ladies and I'll be sure to make them not too droopy. I was debating how much to alter the bust since I like "elderly" elders. Maybe a happy medium between horrible Maxis droopage and plastic surgery might be achieved. That older lady in good shape and owns a supportive bra look takes some mesh tweaking and I'm not sure I've quite ever gotten it exactly how I want it, but I keep trying!

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Theorist
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Nov 2015 at 9:59 PM
@CatOfEvilGenius I've been downloading your shirts, I'll sort them later so the elder and adult don't have the same recolors and I too, like the "elderly" elders, otherwise it's like having more adults with the converted clothes. The skirts are great too. Thanks. The problem I have with some of the maxis body clothes is the shoes. I dislike sandals, don't like the tall boots (older styles). To me, they look odd with dresses and shorts. There are some more stylish types I like. For the most part, I prefer sims wearing shoes, flats, sneakers when the majority of time is spent casually. I'll be re-checking some of the suggestions here. Thank you all!

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 6th Nov 2015 at 10:06 PM
I'll download elder ladies clothes with a good support bra if you make them Cat. I'm sure if there was a middle age I would not mind the elder shape so much, but it's just too much of a jump for me.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#10 Old 7th Nov 2015 at 8:08 AM
Since I am 2 years away from 60, I find it hard to see myself in any of the Maxi clothes. So maybe elders should reveal their own preferences in clothing. I like, in winter, to wear long tops and leggings with short boots, and sporty-type hoodies with jeans (and short boots). In summer, I wear shorter, stretchy fabric skirts and T-shirts, sometimes with sneakers, but most of the time I go around barefoot since it is very hot where I live, and I am the boss anyway. Formal - I like corsets and long, flowing skirts, have three sets of those, with shoes with medium heels. High heels do not work so well anymore, but I still have 2 pairs which I wear when I know I am going to sit down. I also prefer stripes to flowers on fabric.
Not actually evil.
#11 Old 7th Nov 2015 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Since I am 2 years away from 60, I find it hard to see myself in any of the Maxi clothes. So maybe elders should reveal their own preferences in clothing. I like, in winter, to wear long tops and leggings with short boots, and sporty-type hoodies with jeans (and short boots). In summer, I wear shorter, stretchy fabric skirts and T-shirts, sometimes with sneakers, but most of the time I go around barefoot since it is very hot where I live, and I am the boss anyway. Formal - I like corsets and long, flowing skirts, have three sets of those, with shoes with medium heels. High heels do not work so well anymore, but I still have 2 pairs which I wear when I know I am going to sit down. I also prefer stripes to flowers on fabric.

@Justpetro - EVERYTHING you mention I've been wanting to make! I see ladies in their 40s (my age) and older looking great in leggings and tunics, modern shoes, tees and sneaks. I walk around barefoot in summer too. I was going to do adult tunics and leggings first, but I do plan to get to elders. I just have the adult tunic meshes done but not the elder ones. I also see ladies in palazzo pants, working on those as well (but only adults right now). Maybe I'll have the elders jump the project queue in November, if work/toddler permit. I have tons of photos in folders for inspiration. If you have some photos of stuff you would like to see on elder ladies, feel free to send me a link. I don't do requests, and I have a ridiculous backlog of projects, but I do love making elder clothes. I would love to see what you have in mind for the older ladies.

Mad Poster
#12 Old 7th Nov 2015 at 3:47 PM
Thank you I am so looking forward to the tunics and leggings. Your clothes for the elders are really great, I just want you to make more, and for the grandfathers too.
Not actually evil.
#13 Old 7th Nov 2015 at 6:45 PM
It's #NovemberforElders on tumblr this month! Search all of tumblr for that hashtag and lots of goodies pop up. You can also look at totallymaxis tumblr below. They have a bunch of November elders stuff up.

http://totallymaxis.tumblr.com/

@Duine - I will try to make different recolors for different ages for the shirts I'm currently recoloring. Basics like white, black, grey, I want those for all ages, but things like bright colors and patterns, it is nice to have different ones. I'm on a rolled sleeve shirt recoloring bender right now, doing adult shirts, but I have plans for elders, soon as I age convert their meshes...

Mad Poster
#14 Old 8th Nov 2015 at 1:47 PM
I have sooo much of your elder clothes. I think your elder male stuff is 90% of my EM clothing.
Not actually evil.
#15 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 1:19 AM
kalynn06 has some great stuff on her old LJ, here's a page full of lovely clothes for elder ladies, wish I'd gotten these years ago

http://kalynn06.livejournal.com/3027.html

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 2:14 AM
Still nothing for the men though. I'm going to have a whole bunch of elders soon and while the ladies are catered for I don't know what they guys will wear except the same few outfits.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#17 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 5:10 AM
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 5:19 AM
Yes misomoso does do lots of good male clothes, child to elder. Doesn't help me much with Coral Bay which is tropical area because most of their things are more for a cool climate. I will certainly grab a couple of items though, thanks. I will probably open SimPE for my 'young elders' and set all my adult male clothes to elder.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#19 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 1:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Still nothing for the men though. I'm going to have a whole bunch of elders soon and while the ladies are catered for I don't know what they guys will wear except the same few outfits.

Cat of Evil Genius has elder male clothes too. So does Dustfinger (although some of her trousers clash with tops).
Not actually evil.
#20 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 3:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77

Try the downloadsbyskell tumblr. Skell did a whole lot of separated repositoried clothing for teen through elder and she uses elder shapes.

I <3 this thread so much! Elders need more love.

edit: I assume everyone here knows about clothing filters on MTS? You can click checkboxes for Elder, Male, Top and find just tops for elder men. Very handy. There are checkboxes for category (everyday / outer), mesh or no mesh, style, etc. You have to be in Body Shop, Clothing, to see the CLOTHING FILTERS. Otherwise, if you are in general downloads, you're just going to see the generic download filters.

Mad Poster
#21 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 4:16 PM
I am so with Jo about the warm clothes for men - I guess that stems from where we live. Some of the outfits for men, great as they are, will only be worn here in the middle of winter, and only in the colder places. The last outfit for elder males was posted on MTS in April 2014 and it was pajamas or undies. They are really a neglected group.
Not actually evil.
#22 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 8:36 PM
Did I mention bunhead's clothing for elder ladies? (sorry, not a lot for men)

EF pants, skirts, and outerwear by bunhead
http://bunheadsbuns.livejournal.com/29370.html

Mad Poster
#23 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 7:01 AM
Yeah, elder men suffer from the same lack of clothes that adult men had before Fanseelamb came along.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 9:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I am so with Jo about the warm clothes for men - I guess that stems from where we live. Some of the outfits for men, great as they are, will only be worn here in the middle of winter, and only in the colder places. The last outfit for elder males was posted on MTS in April 2014 and it was pajamas or undies. They are really a neglected group.

Same here Justpeto, Australia is a very hot place. It took me years to find enough decent shorts for adult male sims.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#25 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 1:47 PM
I know - and it is hard to explain to somebody sitting in the cold that one finds it hard to deal with Sims in coats
Page 1 of 3