Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jul 2021 at 10:44 PM Last edited by Softlism : 13th Jul 2021 at 12:58 PM. Reason: added pics
Default Connecting column arch mods?
I want to let columns still create an arch with each other when there is two tiles space between the columns instead of one tile.

No connection when they're two tiles apart

For even tiles, it would be nice if columns can connect with each other at a wider space.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Jul 2021 at 11:50 PM
I think they need to be 3 apart and that has never been modded as far as I know. Would be nice though.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 11th Jul 2021 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I think they need to be 3 apart and that has never been modded as far as I know. Would be nice though.

each column is on it's own square, with one square in between...isn't it?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 12th Jul 2021 at 7:34 PM
Connecting columns are three tiles when forming an arch, if you don't have the empty tile between them then sims would never be able to walk through them. Also, they cannot just be "modded". Each piece is it's own mesh.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 12th Jul 2021 at 11:47 PM
I was thinking there were 2 tiles empty beneath the arch but I rarely use them.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Jul 2021 at 12:59 PM
@hugelunatic: do you know by chance meshes that allow arch connection if there's two tiles space? (I've added pictures for clarification btw)
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#7 Old 13th Jul 2021 at 8:16 PM
Mad Poster
#8 Old 18th Jul 2021 at 5:33 PM
Does that mean it is not POSSIBLE for someone to create?

Alchemist
#9 Old 18th Jul 2021 at 6:24 PM
I would probably just fake this by making a matching column that has the arch shape built onto the top, then I could use that piece to create one half of a longer arch, and, at least, one middle piece that has an arch on each side, something like that. I would have to think about what pieces are needed. It's rather like the way I made the Pleasanter View Bridge from the meshes that the game uses to generate the bridges.

http://sunradersims.com/2020/10/ple...borhood-bridge/
Mad Poster
#10 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 11:30 PM
Default found these
Great idea Sunrader; now to FIND those items..
===
https://modthesims.info/d/286956/ex...le-columns.html ... would these work?

Inventor
Original Poster
#11 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 3:44 PM
@grammapat: thank you! Now I have to look for extensions for wooden and roman columns