Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#7676 Old 16th Oct 2022 at 7:14 PM
Default News from Veronaville
46 Bard Boulevard (Smythe)

On Saturday morning Emma went to her work in field sales as usual. Enid took a Vacation Day from her job as a nurse. She wanted to buy some new clothes, so she took a taxi to Fantasia Fashions in the Via Commerciale.

Inside the shop she started talking to a little boy called Jason Fairbairn. She also talked to a young model called Priscilla Hand.

She bought a couple of mini skirts, which she thinks she might wear on occasions where her little denim shorts are not quite appropriate. Enid thinks that she can still wear sexy clothes even though she's over 60, but there are some times and places where she maybe would be better not showing a bare midriff.

There are a couple of quite elegant sofas in a corner of the shop, and she and Jason sat on one of them talking, mainly about animals. Bill McBain, who lives with his wife and children in the Via Veronaville, joined them chatting. A very pregnant April Hutchins Capp was also in the shop, looking for new clothes. While there, Enid also bought a metallic bikini, and some very sexy lingerie.

She invited young Jason to join her for a meal at Bernard’s Botanical Dining. Jason had to go home after the end of the meal, but Julian Moltke-Jones (Andrew's husband) was there, and he came back with her to Bard Boulevard.

Enid and her sister Emma had made friends with Julian when he used to live with his parents just round the corner from them in the Via Veronaville. She played chess with Julian until Emma was due home from work at four o'clock. Emma came home very pleased. She had got a promotion to Junior Executive. Both Enid and Emma were rather tired by now. Julian lay down for a rest too.

Emma made some spaghetti which she ate while Enid took a nap. Julian came and joined her. Emma went to bed, but Enid got up and joined Julian. After the meal, Enid changed into her new underwear and 'phoned Jason for a chat. Eventually, after giving Julian a (chaste) goodnight hug, she went to bed. (And Julian went home to Andrew.) Enid and her sister may be getting on now, but they feel that keeping up with much younger friends helps to keep their brains from atrophying.

[The main reason for playing the Smythe sisters at this time was to get Enid a slightly more professional looking outfit for when she acts as midwife for April's new baby.]

95 Bard Boulevard (Hutchins-Capp)
(But starting at 35 Mendoza Lane, Downtown Veronaville)

When they moved out of Capp Manor (in a hurry because Consort thought that Juliette might have 'flu), Consort and April (who is pregnant) first moved to 35 Mendoza Lane. That's next door to Bianca Monty, and is the house where Tybalt and Lexie had briefly stayed.

Anxious that April would need a lot of support during her pregnancy and after giving birth, and knowing that Juliette and Hermia were no longer on hand to help, Consort was trying to think of someone whom they might invite in to stay with them, who could help out. His friend and fellow business tycoon Seth Almassizadeh seemed the obvious answer, as Seth and April were already good friends. So he invited Seth round and asked him to move in. Seth agreed.

Juliette (who is still at Capp Manor) transferred enough funds to Consort to enable him to buy 95 Bard Boulevard.

Still at 35 Mendoza Lane, a Welcome Wagon party arrived about half past twelve. The Welcome Wagon consisted of the Jeffreys' three teenage children from Greaves Avenue : Jolyon, Jemma and Roger. Consort, Seth and (despite her condition) April did their best to make their young visitors feel welcome. Jemma left after lunch, but the boys hung out with Seth, while Consort slept on the settee.

That night they moved to 95 Bard Boulevard, a very substantial house that had been prepared for them. Consort stayed home to be with April, but Seth went to work in the helicopter. Around 10 a.m. Henry Junor, a teen from Monopolis came by and Consort invited him in.

Around midday the Welcome Wagon for Bard Boulevard arrived. It consisted the three eldest Romanov daughters from across the street at number 80: Olga, Tatiana and Maria. Maria is still a teen. Despite her pregnancy, April went out to greet them. The guests chatted with April in the front room while Consort prepared lunch. Then they all went through to the dining to eat the lunch meat sandwiches that Consort had prepared. Cooking was clearly not his forte -- at least not yet.

About four o'clock Seth returned in the helicopter. He talked to Olga Romanov, but didn't get on very well with her.

His culinary skills improving, Consort made some chef salad for April. She ate it with Tatiana.

Late in the evening, when having a bath, April got her second bump. She's enormous. She went to sleep for a while after that. She had to shoo Henry Junor out of her bed before she could sleep. April got up again after midnight to enjoy a late supper of spaghetti with the Romanov sisters. And so to bed, for her last night's sleep before becoming a mother.

Don't miss the next thrilling instalment! How will the birth go?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#7677 Old 16th Oct 2022 at 7:56 PM
I tried getting into my game today and did more work setting up Arbor Valley by adding two pinball machines to the service center and went out into the town to find more trees grown in.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#7678 Old 16th Oct 2022 at 8:29 PM
BIRTHS
95 Bard Boulvard
Veronaville

To April and Consort Hutchins-Capp

A Boy
Caspar

Excerpt from Today's Veronaville Courant
Full post will follow soon

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7679 Old 17th Oct 2022 at 10:46 AM
So I'll try to get you all up to date with the new town I've been playing, so far called Badlands. Lacuna Delta has been put on ice for now (after so many years of playing it, I fancied a change) and this town is being built as I play, in a desert map. Not much there yet, just a few lots! And it's the first hood I've ever played where I haven't had Sim Sample in it. I left him in Lacuna D!

So that's the first two families in my world, I do have two more to show you but I'll leave that to another post as this one is getting long!
Mad Poster
#7680 Old 17th Oct 2022 at 11:17 PM
Default News from Veronaville
[Of course I went on playing the Hutchins-Capps in Bard Boulevard -- I was to excited to do anything else.]

95 Bard Boulevard (Hutchins-Capp)

On Tuesday morning neither Consort nor Seth went to work, but Seth ordered a taxi to go shopping. He left just as the paper girl was arriving.

He went to Fashionista in the Via Commerciale. He chatted briefly with Gerry McBain from the Via Veronaville. Then he went into the shop where he met Beatrice Monty, who is still a child. He chatted with her for a while but he couldn't persuade her to form a casual group with him. He did however buy a lot of clothes.
Seth then took a taxi to the Swim Centre. There he met another child, Scot Philippine, who lives downtown with his older sister and her boyfriend. Seth and Scot ate together in the poolside restaurant. Then, after using the toilet and showering, Scot came home with him in the taxi to Bard Boulevard.

Back home, it was still breakfast time and Seth poured out the cereal in the kitchen. Scot then joined Seth and April in the dining room for breakfast. Consort didn't join them, but April ate two bowls od cereal. She is after all eating for two. After washing up, Seth played Rock, paper, scissors with Scot, who then went home. After the meal Vivian and Enid returned to the front room and watched television. Seth 'phoned Scot and invited him back again, this time checking with his sister Nancy that it was OK for him to stay the night.

Around ten Consort went out and met teenager Vivian Marshall and invited him in. Before getting a bubble bath and going back to bed, April played red hands with Consort in the kitchen. Consort phoned Enid Smythe, after she had finished her shift at the hospital, and asked to come round to attend the birth as midwife. She duly arrived, looking more professional in the new mini skirt she had bought.

Vivian and Enid joined Consort watching TV, while Seth prepared a chef salad in the kitchen. When Seth called them, Enid and Vivian came through to the dining room, and of course April came downstairs. For some reason she was in her underwear rather than her pyjamas. Maybe she'd taken a quick shower. Consort, who still wasn't really hungry, came through for his, just as the others were finishing. After the meal Vivian and Enid returned to the front room and watched television. Seth 'phoned Scot and invited him back again, this time checking with his sister Nancy that it was OK for him to stay the night. April took a shower and then went back to bed. She thought she wasn't due till after midnight.

Then at half past eleven she went into labour. Everybody ran to see and to help. It's a big bedroom, but it was still a squeeze to get everyone in. Enid, the midwife, didn't make it in time to be of much use. Consort had no difficulty though; he was already sleeping at April's side. April gave birth to a beautiful little boy. (Well, April and Consort think he's beautiful, and so do I!) In the sheer joy of his birth, April forgot, at least for the moment, all her worries about motherhood. She just beamed with maternal pride and delight. She and Consort named their new child Caspar. Everybody wanted to see Caspar. Visiting teen Vivian talked to him, with April looking on approvingly. April carried him downstairs, took a bottle from the fridge and gave him his first feed. Then she carried him back upstairs and laid him in the crib she bought some time ago from Ramirez's Fine Furniture.

Scot wasn't tired and, since she had spent most of the last three days in bed, neither was April. As Vivian and Enid went home, and the men got ready for bed, April and Scot watched late night television. Then they went to the dining room and ate toaster pastries that April made.

It was nearly 5 a.m. when young Scot finally went to bed. April still wasn't finished; she changed Caspar's nappy and gave him another feed. As she was carrying him back to his crib, she ran into Seth who wanted to talk to Caspar. When she finally placed him in his crib and headed back to her bedroom to sleep, it was after seven and getting light.

But it had been an unforgettable day.

Pictures Here!

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Scholar
#7681 Old 18th Oct 2022 at 12:24 AM
I had a bit of a scare today. I had been messing around a bit with my downloads folder and trying to download some new cc, mostly clothing, so I'm mystified why this happened. First, my game wouldn't load. I took out some of the new cc and got it to load then. I was a bit tired and just wanted to play the game a bit and relax, so I loaded Mercutio and Lilith's house. It took me a minute to realize that their son and both their dogs had disappeared. They were on the loading screen but not in the house. Next I went to Johnny and Ophelia's house, and both their children had disappeared as well. By now, I was fairly panicking. I quit the game and restored my downloads folder from a backup, effectively wiping out everything I downloaded today. I reopened the game, but nope, the children and pets were still missing. So I quit and restored to my latest save of my neighborhood, which fortunately was at the end of the last day's rotation. This time, it appears that everything is normal, so I haven't lost much. Whew. But what a weird mystery. Let this be a lesson to me not to go on a download rampages anymore, but to download just a little bit at a time and test, test, test before proceeding.

Well, here's hoping my megahood is back to normal and I haven't lost anyone permanently.
Lab Assistant
#7682 Old 18th Oct 2022 at 3:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
I had a bit of a scare today. I had been messing around a bit with my downloads folder and trying to download some new cc, mostly clothing, so I'm mystified why this happened. First, my game wouldn't load. I took out some of the new cc and got it to load then. I was a bit tired and just wanted to play the game a bit and relax, so I loaded Mercutio and Lilith's house. It took me a minute to realize that their son and both their dogs had disappeared. They were on the loading screen but not in the house. Next I went to Johnny and Ophelia's house, and both their children had disappeared as well. By now, I was fairly panicking. I quit the game and restored my downloads folder from a backup, effectively wiping out everything I downloaded today. I reopened the game, but nope, the children and pets were still missing. So I quit and restored to my latest save of my neighborhood, which fortunately was at the end of the last day's rotation. This time, it appears that everything is normal, so I haven't lost much. Whew. But what a weird mystery. Let this be a lesson to me not to go on a download rampages anymore, but to download just a little bit at a time and test, test, test before proceeding.

Well, here's hoping my megahood is back to normal and I haven't lost anyone permanently.

You might have hit the object limit.

The game has a limit of how many object meshes you can have, which happens to also include custom careers since they have custom tokens.

Neighborhood decorations and CAS stuff (even clothes) don't count against it, but sims in your neighborhoods do. Basically, if you can pick it up with move objects on, it counts.

They should use The Sims 2 in psychology....it could work wonders.
Mad Poster
#7683 Old 18th Oct 2022 at 3:41 AM
Quote:
The game has a limit of how many object meshes you can have, which happens to also include custom careers since they have custom tokens.

From my game, (all EPS and SP's) my upper limit before it starts crashing is 15,000 items. I don't know if recolors count, but I'd assume they do.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#7684 Old 18th Oct 2022 at 6:25 AM
I've been adding more CC to my game and am likley about to hit three times what should be the objec limit which might've already happened to me and my game is still loading fairly quickly though issues like that can happen if I don't switch my computer to the right modes for my game before loading it and events like mentioned above can eastily happen beciase the computer was trying to run too many tasks at one time while you loaded your game.I don't download my CC into my game's downloads folder though it can be downlaoded into the EA Games folder and I add only a little at a time and stop background tasks from running whlle my game is running.
Scholar
#7685 Old 18th Oct 2022 at 2:41 PM
Based on this, I decided to remove CC from my game that I'm not really using. It seems like the object limit is not a number that's set in stone but can be different for everybody? I was actually surprised at how many files are in my downloads folder because I didn't think I really had that much CC. The game seems to be working fine now, but I haven't gotten a chance to do more than testing.

I've been tempted for a while to pare my downloads folder only to what I consider the essential mods and then gradually add back in only that CC I really like to use. I know I have a bunch of expensive furniture in there that I never use.
Mad Poster
#7686 Old 18th Oct 2022 at 9:03 PM
I once again tried loading my game and was only able to make it into Alpine Valley for a little editing on the community service center.I wanted to do more though it won't happen because I Have shopping to do and I wish I didn't.I'm almsot done on the community lot and will work on the homestead and creating my first couple.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#7687 Old 18th Oct 2022 at 9:20 PM Last edited by FranH : 27th Oct 2022 at 2:13 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
Based on this, I decided to remove CC from my game that I'm not really using. It seems like the object limit is not a number that's set in stone but can be different for everybody? I was actually surprised at how many files are in my downloads folder because I didn't think I really had that much CC. The game seems to be working fine now, but I haven't gotten a chance to do more than testing.

I've been tempted for a while to pare my downloads folder only to what I consider the essential mods and then gradually add back in only that CC I really like to use. I know I have a bunch of expensive furniture in there that I never use.

You might also consider those items that have high poly counts, such as cars, hairs, clothing and some furniture. If you want to know the number of polys that an item has, run your downloads folder through Delphy's Download Organizer-which displays the number on the right hand side of the panel.

If you have a lot of items in one lot with a lot of polys, you can expect the game to slow down quite a lot. Processing such things takes a lot of memory.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Instructor
#7688 Old 18th Oct 2022 at 10:33 PM
Exciting news from Veronaville, my sims send their well wishes to the new baby and his parents!

I'm an awful simmer and just keep putting off Orchard Isle now because I know what will happen next time I play: I'll have to prepare to send Suzy off to uni. There will be a party and all before she goes, but I'm gonna miss her steady and dependable influence in that chaotic family and I'm not looking forward to it. All the love that neighbourhood has gotten from me lately has been playtesting lots for future vacation hoods so the inhabitants can finally get to travel like they dream of! Bigfoot is being a bit unwilling to show up, but I am determined to show him who's the boss.

In Unnamed Area, the Picaso's completely unexpectedly topped the military career, both of them! I forgot to check on Jessica and she stayed on the treadmill til she was nearly beyond help, but she got back in good health just in time for work and actually had all the skill points she needed. Matthew lucked out completely on a chance card twice, he is still nowhere nearly skilled enough to have the job level he has . Otherwise, they party with friends, or they make new friends, and Jessica is embarrassing me slightly by stalking and swooning over one of her son's student friends.

The Cooke's have two level five businesses now, and two badly trained dogs. There's hope for the puppy yet, he will be following young Julienne to uni as soon as I remember to put in the mod. The older one, Puffy, is just spoiled beyond repair but if the Cookes don't mind her chewing the violin tp pieces regularly and sleeping on Julien's side of the bed, why should I?

The students are all doing great, a whole bunch of them graduated recently and Eric Swain actually graduated with honours. They were dirt poor after moving back to Unnamed Area, and spent some time in the budget friendly Eco Village, where everyone has a share of responsibility for the common garden and the flats are just tiny cabins with a communal kitchen and showers in the central house - but in return, every cabin has solar panels and the rent is a measly 300 - 350 a week. They saved up while they were there, found jobs and made some nice juice, then they bought their own pieces of land in the newly opened Wolfbane Walk. The inhabitants there so far are: Jesper Picaso - chief of staff, constantly daydreaming of his fiancée Pandora who is still at uni, Jared Starchild - level five in the gamer career, currently focusing mainly on teaching his cat Nummie stuff, Eric Swain, waiter (and he was the one who graduated with honours! He just couldn't stay in any of the jobs he wished for and found) - raising the first of his aimed for 20 puppies and kittens and not doing a great job of it, and Ty Bubbler and Sam Thomas, Journalist at level seven and Educator at level four - currently planning a wedding party and having pillow fights all over their weird little cottage.
Top Secret Researcher
#7689 Old 19th Oct 2022 at 8:13 PM
Dreamer Household - I forgot Darren is in love with Cassandra. Might make for drama later on. He's in a relationship with Brandi Broke. Darren paints to try and earn enough to barely live while Dirk studies and hopes he can make it into Uni. He's a very good kid.

Darren does have a few friends he keeps up with. Before I start a neighborhood I move all graves, that I remember exist, to a cemetery. I forgot Darleen Dreamer. So she had a night floating around the yard and screaming. She never went inside. Dirk and Darren didn't see her but Dirk had a friend over who did and got scared by Darleen. Thankfully no death, just a fright. Her grave has now been moved to Pleasantview Cemetery where she can rest in peace.

Dirk and Darren may not have seen her but they must have felt her leave because it was like she died all over again. Dirk couldn't concentrate on anything for a little bit and they both wanted to resurrect her (with Dirk having a fear of her being a zombie). She will not be resurrected though, sorry to them. Dirk went on an outing with Lillith and Woody Weiss. He invited someone else but they didn't show so that made poor Woody a third wheel. They had fun though. Lillith demanded she and Dirk woohoo first, then they all dined and just had a little fun before the outing ended.

Dirk got a job in the Nanny career. Darren and Dirk are now best friends. Darren supports Dirk trying to get into Uni and says if they need to sell some things they can. Darren paints a lot, barely scraping by, and Dirk studies and skills. He even went to a community lot to reach level 5 logic. He had been level 1. I made him stay there awhile lol.

Darren proposed to Brandi and she moved in. The game scared me because I told it to move in her 3 kids but it didn't seem to be doing that so I saved, went out to neighborhood view, saw her old house empty, panicked, went back to Darren's house where neighborhood view says all of them are there now, I go back in and there they were. Safe and sound from the looks of it. So I guess all is well. Dirk now has to share his room with Dustin and Beau and Darren's room gets a little smaller to make room for Eric. And now let's hope Dirk AND Dustin can make it to Uni! They've both got the want locked.

My Simblr
He/They
Instructor
#7690 Old 21st Oct 2022 at 11:18 AM
I finally went back to Orchard Isle and the main O'Rourke household. Here's a breakdown:

1. Evelyn and Michael's "twins from hell" finally feel like a nice addition rather than just a chore. They wake up every morning and cheer at the thought of making their beds, then they entertain eachother and feed and play with the dog until it's school time. They love doing things with their big sister.

Speaking of the big sister. She had two dream dates with her boyfriend Corin. They hung out at the O.I.Y.A. house where only teens are allowed and stayed the night in a tent so they could date around all their other activities. There are a set of regulars who seem to always end up playing the instruments and Suzy and Corin are two of them. I think of them as 'the houseband'. They did a lot of playing, some fishing, and very nearly got their first woohoo in but were stopped by routing problems on the hot tub.

After the dream dates, it was time for Evelyn's long planned New Year's party, which was also Suzy's farewell party. Nan Imelda and her husband Fergus were there, also Fergus' sister Abigail. I tried to get Goopy to come, since he and Abigail are having a passionate romance, but he doesn't know the O'Rourke's very well. Corin was there and some of Evelyn's townie friends. There's a guy she's ended up playing chess with regularly, and he had been throwing hearts over her bestie Lorelei, so I thought I'd play matchmaker but nothing happened. There may or may not be an explanation for that! The party was a roof raiser and very messy. I tried to take screenshots but everyone were standing on top of eachother and there were cake plates all over.

2. Evelyn rolled a want to get Bridget into private school. I thought the twins were already in, but I was wrong. So Suzy stayed another afternoon, just to help her mum through the headmaster visit. He hated the house, but loved Evelyn's dinner and all the schmoozing from Suzanne, so now they're in. Everyone was exhausted afterwards, though. The twins went straight to bed, and so did Evelyn. Or that's what I thought anyway! It was her chess day, and Rosald Askim that she plays with had stayed through the whole headmaster scenario...

3. ... and this is what was really going on when Evelyn head straight into bed after shaking the headmaster's hand. They have two bolts, but Evelyn has never rolled any wants for him. She's on birth control now anyway and becomes an elder soon, so no more surprise pregnancies!

4. Suzy took a quick nap, then she called college and the taxi came for her. From now on, she'll have a life that's more about herself and less about other people, I hope.

Last day in the household everyone wanted to go fishing, so they went to Captain's Pot, a little pond which is named after an ancestor of Michael's. There they had a good outing, feasted on hamburgers at the nearby diner and even caught a few fish before the pond froze over again and they went home. Next time I play Orchard Isle will be in the second O'Rourke household, with Michael and Yara and their set of twins.

Screenshots
Field Researcher
#7691 Old 21st Oct 2022 at 4:26 PM
I restarted Pleasantview again because I didn't like how the second version was turning out.

The Oldies adopted Cecelia who is now a teen.

Lucy Burb is dating Alexander Goth and had a unexpected pregnancy as a teen. They gave up baby Mattie for adoption. Jennifer reached the top of her career! John got a job to help pay the bills, but will probably quit soon to be a homemaker. Their only child is Lucy.

Don Lothario left Cassandra Goth at the alter despite woohooing with her first. Cassandra got pregnant and had Agnes Goth. She's charging Don child support. Since Agnes is so young, Cassandra does not currently have a job. Alexander has an A+ in private school and also has enough skills to get scholarships to go to college.

Don also knocked up Nina Caliente who moved in with him. They had Alexis Lothario. They're surprisingly good parents. They're living in Don's bachelor pad and don't have any plans to move.

Dina Caliente married Mortimer Goth and had Janet Caliente. Dina thought Mortimer would bring his fortune, but he left the house to Alexander and the money to Cassandra. The money he brought with him is all Dina will get. She was so disappointed!

Brandi Broke had her third baby and named him Nathanial. She later got involved with Daniel Pleasant and had a fourth kid, Lucas. She's currently pregnant with a fifth child, also Daniel's. She so starved for adult attention that she doesn't care that Daniel is married. Dustin is getting ready to marry Angela Pleasant. He doesn't know that Lucas is Daniel's kid. Beau is one day away from being a teen. Nathanial is one day away from being a child. Lucas just learned to walk.

Daniel and Mary-Sue are just going through the motions of marriage. They don't love each other, but they don't want to get a divorce. Mary-Sue is aware that Daniel has a second family - she's not stupid. She can see the child support payments. She just doesn't care. Daniel saw Angela off to college and she recently graduated with perfect honors.

Lilith moved in with the Dreamers as a teen. She recently graduated from college with perfect honors. She reconciled with Angela while there. All those stupid teenage fights seem so stupid now! Dirk is preparing for college as well. He's got the skills for multiple scholarships. Darren got a job because painting just wasn't cutting it.

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7692 Old 22nd Oct 2022 at 4:26 PM
I'll tell you about the other two families currently in my new hood, Badlands. Part one was in this post.
Scholar
#7693 Old 22nd Oct 2022 at 6:32 PM
Well, I have embarked on a new project because I had an idea I wanted to try. I have not abandoned my megahood, just put it in storage. I had to roll it back a few days because I borked it twice--at least now I am very well educated on object file limits and Mac character limits and what not to do. I ended up taking out a lot of CC and updating my default replacements instead to refresh my game's look, which I'm very happy with.

My new project is my first stab at a semi-integrated neighborhood. I call it semi-integrated because while I'm going to try to have a playable with each of the jobs I consider essential for a small town and a corresponding community lot, I'm going to use a mix of owned businesses and rabbithole jobs to simulate this and I'm not going to try to replace every single NPC. I thought Pleasantview would be a good place to try this because it is exactly the kind of small town I want to build up and because many of the premades start out unemployed so they can be slotted into the local economy. Then I thought it would be fun to use the original Pleasantview townies to start off in the essential jobs, and to give them families using the townie children so I don't have homeless children roaming the streets. (I have to confess that Ani Bats's videos gave me this idea.) I spent some time over the past few days setting it up, and I'm very pleased with the setup and how the business area of Pleasantview looks now, with a mix of retail, offices, and government buildings.

Here is the initial setup:
- Marisa Bendett owns the local farm and a roadside stand, which are located near a fishing lake. She rents a room to Sandy Bruty, who runs animal services. The PV rumor mill wonders whether they're really just roommates, or something more?
- Abhijeet Depiesse and Benjamin Long are a long-time couple, if a somewhat odd one. Abhijeet owns the florist, and Benjamin is the fire chief whose hobby is tinkering on cars, so he's also an ad hoc mechanic.
- The power couple are Kennedy Cox, the town doctor, and Andrea Hogan, school principal. They are well-off DINKs (dual-income no kids).
- The fun couple are Goopy GilsCarbo, a nurse who works for Kennedy, and Melissa Fancey, a realtor. They have a daughter, Marsha.
- Komei Tellerman owns the grocery, and his wife Jan owns the hair salon. They have two kids, Orlando and Chandler.
- Joe Carr runs the post office, and his partner Christy Stratton is the police chief. They have two kids, Sophie and Ollie.
- Brandon Lillard is the judge, and his wife Marylena is the pastor. They have a daughter, Brittany. With Brandon's roving eye and Marylena's strong spiritual beliefs, I predict trouble ahead for their marriage.
- Ivy Copur is the reporter for the local newspaper. Her parents are deceased, so her teen sister Holly lives with her. Ivy is very interested in the disappearance and rumored reappearance of Bella Goth (as is Don Lothario Goth--in fact, he's quite obsessed with Bella).
- The mayor of Pleasantview is Amin Sims. His partner is Bonnie LeTourneau, a teacher. They live with Amin's son Ricky from a previous relationship and their two children together, Randy and Chloe.
- Dina Caliente has married Mortimer Goth, and he bought her a clothing boutique to run as a hobby project.
- Don and Cassandra are also newly married, and she quit her job as soon as she found out she was pregnant. Don is an intern who commutes to the hospital downtown, which conveniently explains why he needs to be away from home a lot.
- Nina Caliente has found a job in the Athletic career and aspires to open a small gym. Maybe her sister will loan her the seed money?
- Jennifer Burb, a new arrival to Pleasantview, aspires to become the district attorney. John is a househusband who freelances as a writer, mostly of food and garden articles.
- Daniel Pleasant is the high school athletics director and also coaches the swim team. Mary-Sue just got fired, so I'm not sure what she will do next. (Daniel and Kaylynn were quick, though, so they did not get caught this time.)
- The Oldies have taken in Lilith until she goes to college, which is what I usually do because I can't stand the constant fighting in the Pleasant house.
- Darren Dreamer is trying to be a full-time artist still and aspires to open his own gallery.
- And Brandi Broke will remain unemployed until the kids can look after themselves, as she can't afford a nanny.
- At college are Alvin Futa, Meadow Thayer, and Tosha Go.

It should be fun to play and add to the community lots over time as my teens get out of college and enter new careers. Well, we'll see how far I get.
Mad Poster
#7694 Old 26th Oct 2022 at 8:18 AM
Nothing much hsppened today except that I was testing my SGR file edit in the game and found a few more new trees grown in around town.I managed to get a few pictures of my game from today's session.
Screenshots
Link Ninja
#7695 Old 26th Oct 2022 at 8:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
Nothing much hsppened today except that I was testing my SGR file edit in the game and found a few more new trees grown in around town.I managed to get a few pictures of my game from today's session.

This is interesting, so you are saying new trees grow around your hood with the edit?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Scholar
#7696 Old 26th Oct 2022 at 3:13 PM
In Pleasantview, Bella Goth was spotted at the Fire Department's weekly hot dog dinner talking to Fire Chief Benjamin Long and playing chess with Daniel Pleasant. That same night, Benjamin was abducted by aliens. Coincidence? Whatever the reason, a new baby is on the way.

Don tracked down Bella and spent some time with her. He found out she has no memory of what happened while she was away, she apparently did not age or may even have been made younger during that time, and she has nowhere to live. Don convinced Nina to let Bella stay in her extra bedroom. In return, he's secretly giving Nina the money to buy her gym (which is, of course, Cassandra's money). Even though Nina knows Don is in love with Bella, she feels soft-hearted and protective toward her. Bella has been through a lot. Nina was actually quite angry when she came home to find Daniel woohooing with Bella--taking advantage of an obviously disturbed woman--and she threw him out on his ear.

For her part, Cassandra finds time on her hands since she quit her job even though she has a new baby. For her next project, she convinced Mortimer to use the Goth money to endow a new art museum in Pleasantview, and she plans to hire Darren as the curator. Will that mean spending more time together as they get the museum ready to open? Probably.

And in other news, Bonnie Le Tourneau got fed up with Andrea Hogan's micromanaging and quit her job at the school, leaving Pleasantview without a teacher. In fact, Bonnie has decided to make a whole new life for herself. She is becoming an adventurer and leaving her family--Mayor Amin Sims and their children--to move downtown so she can travel freely and really experience life. Truthfully, their relationship has been cold for a long time, and Amin was not all that upset to see her go. Soon after, he was spotted dining out with Jan Tellerman by Jan's husband, Komei. Amin wants Jan to leave Komei and marry him, but will that kind of scandal wreck his political career?
Mad Poster
#7697 Old 26th Oct 2022 at 6:56 PM
@Charmful -That's just part of the story where I pretend the trees are growing when I'm actually still editing the terrain.It's only happening because I've been still adding the forest cover that's in a new colonial settlement in the new world to make it look like it's a colony being established in the 16th century when they would've found the land heavily forested and had to clear that out to build the colony.
Mad Poster
#7698 Old 26th Oct 2022 at 9:33 PM
Building myself into a coma here when I get the chance - I miss playing! I truly enjoy taking a break and read everything that happens in everyone's game when I take a break, so please continue telling us!
Forum Resident
#7699 Old 26th Oct 2022 at 9:47 PM
@simsample I really liked seeing the photos and reading the texts
Mad Poster
#7700 Old 26th Oct 2022 at 11:01 PM
In TT, Sarah Bishop (a Broadway star, former wife of TT's Mayor, and all-around good time party girl) did some estate planning-she took Fluffy (the cat) out for a walk and went to the bank to do some money stuff. She sent a check out to her daughter Sara, but she forgot that there are 2 Saras in the neighborhood and accidentally sent it to Sarah Hubbard, instead of Sara Stewart.
The wrong Sara got the mail and suddenly wondered why she would get a check for $35,000 from Sarah Bishop-and then realized the older woman was probably just confused. "Too many women with the same damn name in this town!" she thought to herself-she intends to cash the check and then resend the money to the real recipient-the idea of keeping the money did not cross her mind-she's got enough, and even when the right Sara has enough herself, there's no need of being greedy!

Page 308 of 349