1 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#276 Old 15th Mar 2007 at 12:47 AM
I just got about 2 sims into aspiration failiure. It was a bit boring...
Advertisement
Test Subject
#277 Old 15th Mar 2007 at 11:30 AM
I love everyones experiences, the only eventful thing I've had happen is the poor guy that cries because he wants to make some money, and the way they all scream at once when someone plays the piano, it's hilarious. They are all sleep deprived, but it's been 5 days their time and no one has really freaked out yet or started any fires. I'm loving it though. One of the inmate/patients must be a very outgoing romance aspiration, he whistles at all the girls, even though he's supposed to be dating my sim, Suzie Sane. Kinda funny what trouble they get into all on their own!
Instructor
#278 Old 16th Mar 2007 at 5:20 PM
I started an Asylum challenge about a week ago, playing with the new Seasons stuff to see how it worked. Five females (including the playable, two Romances, a Popularity, and a Family) and three guys (a Fortune, a Knowledge, and a Popularity), on a lot with an orchard, a greenhouse, and a fishpond.

Four or five in-game weeks into the Challenge, I'm down to my sane (recently Plant-ified) sim, her Family wife (they had three bolts, why are my sims always lesbians?) and the goth Popularity girl (whom both other ladies apparently think is pretty hot).

And I'm now cheating left and right by installing ladybug houses in what's left of the orchard and occasionally moving stuff.

Contemplating making Golden Sun stuff for TS2.
Forum Resident
#279 Old 16th Mar 2007 at 6:47 PM
Enjoyed the visit tremendously... spent all morning here.
Lab Assistant
#280 Old 17th Mar 2007 at 1:16 PM
I'm in the process of setting mine up now....with a bit of a twist...I'm using selfsims from the community I'll be posting mine up in the stories section in a bit and I'll put a link here if you wanna check it out And thanks for this challenge, it's gonna be fun!

http://forums.sims2community.com/sh...5789#post805789

See how crazy all your fellow simmers are! The MTS2 Community Neighborhood
Forum Resident
#281 Old 17th Mar 2007 at 2:27 PM
I started this, just. I made a home first for under 20,000. Then I went to CAS and took the Sims it created, just they way they appeared; I only changed hairstyles and clothes, and added a touch of make-up to some. I rolled for all the aspirations and personalities. I rolled 5 half the time, so I have four pleasure sims.

I put in a double bed thinking I'd get a few romance sims, but I didn't.

I put in a shower instead of a tub to cut down on time and privacy in the bath, and I know pleasure sims like bubble baths... Oh well.

I thought I'd try to play without any counters to see if that keeps them from cooking on the stove as they can't prepare the food first. I don't normally play with a stove - I just let them live on jello. (It lasts 24 hours and needs no prep.)

You can see my starting house and sims under Asilam Sims (bottom left) on my web.

I'm using a strictly Maxis environment with no custom content.

My Sims LTW is to be a professional party guest.
Forum Resident
#282 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 4:28 PM
I don't know if it's a lack of counters that keeps them from the stove or not.

My sim "makes many" (OFB) "group meals" "gelatin" that go into his inventory. It is just a tad more convenient than "serve dessert" "gelatin" as it seems to be available all the time, so they can have it for breakfast. (Without OFB, I just got out several plates of jello the night before.)

Just to see how many plates of jello were in my average-priced frig, I had him make many from the newly stocked frig. He had 12 jellos in his inventory before the frig was empty again. Of course that doesn't last three full days.

But then I thought, what a great way to keep your sims from causing a fire. If you have Uni, you can cook a lot at one time and put all your food into inventory, keeping the frig empty. Just pull out a meal and call your roomies to eat before going off to work. Though I discovered by accident that you could call your roomies to a meal while your sim is at work. (I thought he'd get off work at 3, so I pulled out a jello and selected call to meal as his action upon returning. The roomies had the jello eaten and cleaned up by the time my sim came home at 5.)

I've played for about 5 sim days now. He's making good money in politics, so the place has windows and curtains as well as floor tile and wall paper now. I'm still waiting for the slacker job to show up in the paper.

I'll get more pictures on my web later this morning.
Test Subject
#283 Old 19th Mar 2007 at 12:36 PM
This challenge is so much fun, but my sims were sooo boring for the first week or so, no fire, no aspiration failure, I'd swear they are all popularity sims, just wanting to be friends with each other, LOL. But then my game crashed, I lost my asylum and had to start over. I altered the personalities a little bit so some would be extra slobby, not nice etc. and now it is a lot more fun to "watch". I'm not playing for points anyway, just for fun :-)
Forum Resident
#284 Old 19th Mar 2007 at 1:59 PM
My poor pleasure sim just wants to buy electronics or a car, and no wants have rolled in days. It's too bad we can't buy something and stick it in inventory where they can't use it just to get those wants rolling to something obtainable.

Oh I did add more pictures to my web and will add more today.
Test Subject
#285 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 1:43 PM
Finally!
My sims finally started a fire, two in fact, and a few of them have the fear of fire, so it is finally getting more entertaining in my asylum, LOL. It's been easy to keep my romance sim happy, she just woohoos once in a while, and she's platinum . I have locked the door so only she can come and go, which infuriates the others when they try to put the trash out. I found it was more fun for them to make their own food instead of my sane girl feeding them all the time. Poor sims, they are not being well taken care of by me, are they? :shrug:
Forum Resident
#286 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 3:08 AM
Well I finally finished. It seemed to take forever as the slacker only works three days and is off four. I played them all the way around four seasons, which was three weeks.

You can see all my pleasure sims have really low aspiration reward points. The best they could do was go on a date for +750. Then they might want to entertain, talk, and/or play. My sim asked each of the other roomies out once. They lost -350 for negative talk a few times and only one other sim gained +250 for entertain and another +250 for play (and that was one of my knowledge sims).
Instructor
#287 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 8:50 PM
I deffently going to gives this callange a secound try as my frist attempt was a dismal (SP?) Failure
Forum Resident
#288 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 5:42 PM
I have finished posting pics from this challenge on my web. Just click the link in my signature and click on the Asilam Sims pic in the bottom left.
#289 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 1:27 PM
I love this challenge! I've had like...ten fires already, but It's been about 20 sim days or something. There's been lots of aspiration failures. My sims almost died about 6 times. Not from fires though, it's from the fridge being empty. o_O; No one is enemies with eachother, so thats' boring. Instead they're all friends. Though I accidentally made these two guys fall in love. I wanted to see some drama so I influenced this guy to kiss this other guy who I thought he didn't like. Oh noooo, now they're in love and make out in the bathroom while everyone else is in bladder desperation. Oh yeah, and everyone seems to have the flu. These are my crazy insane sims. >.>

Kitana is mad because every boy she kisses explodes. She also has a ninja obsession from watching too much Naruto. >.>

Rena is a ganguro! She liked tanning so much that the tanning bed caught on fire and burned down the building!

Lola thinks he's a girl. o_O; And sometimes I forget that he's a boy. He also likes peeing around the house. Ew.

Jay is constantly going into aspiration failure. He is here because he sold everything he owed for money. ...He even tried selling his money for money!

Fiona is a supermodel! But after a bad plastic surgery incident, she decided her face was too ugly (which it is) to show to public. So now she wears a scuba helmet everywhere she goes.

Say hello to Tarzan. Tarzan thinks he is a gorilla.

Felix is here because he claims to be abducted by aliens. Of course no one believes him.

And Rhia. The sim I play as.
#290 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by angelyne
Your sims characters are all very interesting Pink

Thanks. :D Unfortunately they all died today. Someone left toaster pastries in the oven, and I was at work so no one could call the fire department. Tarzan, Rena, Jay, Fiona, and Kitana died in that fire. It lasted from the minute my sim left for work, to after she got home from work. And even then it was still going! Rhia caught on fire just after calling the fire department. and the fireman was ignoring her! She eventually was put out.

So it was only Felix and Lola left. I don't know how Felix died since I wasn't looking at the screen. I think it being scared/hungry/illness. Then Lola and Rhia died since Rhia fell asleep while cooking. :< and she wouldn't wake up when the flames where like...right next to her.

Instructor
#291 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 5:13 AM
Quote:
Jack looked at the poster for a long time, then commented on what a handsome man Johnny Depp is.

I hurt myself laughing at that, MagicBeans!

Contemplating making Golden Sun stuff for TS2.
#292 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 5:12 AM
Okay, I started this once but I was using SimPE to alter something and somehow screwed up the Asylum neighborhood, so I had to delete it. I'm not even sure what I did to it. It was really too bad because they were all still alive, the Sergeant-major who thought he was a Major General was very good at taking care of himself (according to background color in his icon) and my controlled sim was falling in lurv with a fellow patient, aw.

So I'm going to start again (if I can find my dice, last seen when my cat was playing with them.) Unfortunately, I don't know how to take pictures; I might look for some instructions for that, maybe not.
Lab Assistant
#293 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 10:13 AM
look at sisaly's pic tut here in the contest section....it helps with just taking any kind of pics Also I've put up the next installment to my asylum challenge
http://forums.sims2community.com/story.php?t=37191

See how crazy all your fellow simmers are! The MTS2 Community Neighborhood
#294 Old 12th Apr 2007 at 4:25 AM
Twice I've had to use move_objects when a sim passed out next to an occupied bed and the sim in the bed woke up and couldn't get out--that's all right, right?

And I had to move a telephone table because some dummy (I plead the Fifth) absentmindedly put it right where it could block a door...
Test Subject
#295 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 5:34 PM
Hi all, new here and very much enjoying the asylum, although i'm only on day 2, so anything could happen. I just wanted to share that I put a few teddy bears around, so assist with recovery and working out 'issues' and it's hilarious.
Test Subject
#296 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 8:34 AM
Quick question.

I'm thinking of taking the challenge.

Now, I have the Pets expansion pack, and more than once I've had a Sim with a lifetime aspiration of "Raise 20 Kittens or Puppies". They literally want to raise 20 kittens and puppies to achieve their lifetime aspiration.

If the Sim I initially wanted to use as my only selectable Sim had this aspiration it would be impossible, there can't be more than 8 Sims and Pets living on a block.

My question: Would I be able to switch the from the Sim I initially wanted to use to a different one if I had only just started the challenge when I found out they had this lifetime aspiration?
#297 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 5:21 AM
Default Sims leave lot when using InSIMenator
I thought this challenge would be fun, so I gave it a try. I made all but the one sim unselectable with the InSIMenator, and it worked great for a while, until some of them just decided to walk off the lot! They returned when I loaded the lot again, but when I made them unselectable again, they left again. Apparently this is the expected behavior, not a bug.

So...does anyone have any hacked objects or hacks to just kinda "hide" the picture on the left of the sim? I know I could just not click on the others, but you still see the color behind their head so you know how they're doing...and there's always the chance I could accidentally click on them. Besides, I would rather just have the temptation removed.

I deleted my lot and the family, and I'm going to start over, but if anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate them.

Thanks!
#298 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 12:03 PM
I just decided to do this challenge... but... my one selectable sim.... well... his lifetime want is to have 20 simultaneous PET best friends. Now, how's he supposed to pull that off if he can't leave the lot except to go to work? *sigh* I have such horrible luck sometimes.
#299 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 2:41 PM
The first time around, I was doing stuff with SimPE and lost the neighborhood. The second time around just finished.

The first bunch I tried were really interesting. There were some personality clashes, some fires, I had one sim who seemed very competent at taking care of himself. They seemed to have some varied personality, you know? I wish they hadn't gone to data heaven, because this second bunch--yawn.

My controlled sim was a knowledge sim, which is not the most difficult. That got kind of boring. (I love knowledge sims for regular families, but I guess it's no the most interesting possibility for this challenge.) The rest of them (except the really stupid ninja sim) never got interesting.

The rest were rolled at random, just like the rules say. And the sim gods must have been smiling on them, 'cause after I started to play, everything was perfect. Even the really stupid sim who didn't discover the existence of beds for eight days got humdrum after he found out about matresses. There were no fights, no hard feelings. The therapist came once. There was a lot of begging at the side of the road, but just the one breakdown on account of roaches. They fell into a schedule for sleeping, bathrooms, really quickly.

It took them 17 days to set the stove on fire even once. And then they did it when my controlled sim had just left for work. To tell the truth, this bunch was so boring I was happy to sit back and watch them all burn to death. My controlled sim was heartbroken, of course, but then he had seven ghosts to fulfill the see a ghost want.

They were such cookie-cutter sims that I hardly bothered to take pictures and I stopped when it was obvious they weren't going to get interesting. I'm going to try again with a different group and see if they've got any more personality than these guys did.
#300 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 2:51 PM
Day 2 in the asylum for my sim, and already FOUR of his fellow "patients" have burned to death. I'm getting the feeling I won't be able to pull this off. lol
Page 12 of 36