Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More Animated Ceiling Fans - 1.29

by Morphead Posted 28th Apr 2011 at 12:54 AM - Updated 5th Jan 2013 at 8:38 PM by Morphead

58 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 38 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Scholar
THANKS POST
#26 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 12:58 PM
Great work! Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#27 Old 1st May 2011 at 8:05 PM
Hey, thanks for fixing the fans they are great. Do you think sometime in the future you could release a second pack, maybe a Victorian 4-bladed fan, this kind of fan would really fit my building style.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 3rd May 2011 at 7:06 PM
awesome! could you also do animated desk and floor fans?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 7th May 2011 at 1:08 PM
Thanks!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 24th May 2011 at 11:49 AM
Thanks for these! I can't wait to add them to my game. Downloading now.

I loled reading your overview information about where to find the animated fan link. Think everyone was able to find it? ^_^
Forum Resident
#31 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 11:14 PM
I know how frustrating it can be when people don't read the whole post for downloads. Just to be sure that you know I did read it all I have attached a short video. Grandma's Old Fashioned Ceiling Fan does not work. The other 2 are fine.

Edit

I just re read my post and it sounds catty. I don't mean it that way. You did a great job on the fans.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Video.rar (463.7 KB, 28 downloads)
Description: Fan Video

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#32 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 5:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Winterhart
I know how frustrating it can be when people don't read the whole post for downloads. Just to be sure that you know I did read it all I have attached a short video. Grandma's Old Fashioned Ceiling Fan does not work. The other 2 are fine.

Edit

I just re read my post and it sounds catty. I don't mean it that way. You did a great job on the fans.

I'm sorry it doesn't work. I assume you have the latest version as well? That is odd, since I know it works in my game. I'll look in to it and see if I can solve this. In the mean time, I'd like for you to make sure you have the latest version and no duplicates of any files or previous versions.

Thanks!

Facebook | Currently On Hiatus | Twitter
Current Works-In-Progress: 0
Future Car | 2012 EA Cars | Car Parts | Jet Plane | Telephone Table | Concept Car
Traditional Bed Set | Living Set | 82 Slate Roofs | 1/2-Tile Kitchen Set | Distant Terrains | Kids Bedroom
Forum Resident
#33 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by morphead
I'm sorry it doesn't work. I assume you have the latest version as well? That is odd, since I know it works in my game. I'll look in to it and see if I can solve this. In the mean time, I'd like for you to make sure you have the latest version and no duplicates of any files or previous versions.

Thanks!
I'm using V2 Launcher Beta Release It's a fantastic tool. It's a launcher and package manager. It automatically deletes duplicate files. Just to be sure I looked through my packages and there are no duplicates. Using "Configuration Management" allows you to choose what custom content you want in the game. I set up a config where the only custom content was "Grandma's" fan and cmomoney's fan. Just to be sure I tested the fan with all my custom content in my game. . It is working now. I don't know why it didn't work before. Maybe I didn't look at it in Live mode.

At least I get to show off Grant's Launcher.

You should check out Grant's v2 Launcher. I have 8 different configurations. I use my "Testing" configuration to test each thing I download by itself with no other mods before deciding to keep it or not. See screenshots of launcher attached.
Screenshots

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#34 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 10:57 PM
Haha, how weird! I'm glad it's working now at least. I've heard of the tool but never used it. It actually looks very useful. I'll have to download it sometime. Thanks again!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#35 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 10:49 PM
LOL thanks for the wonderful fans, and the message to point to the mod made me giggle =) In short, U ROCK!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 8:49 PM
im assuming this has not been updated yet
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 8:52 PM
How did you animate the fan? I want to make animations with objects but i dont have a clue on how to do it. A little help here please?
Test Subject
#38 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 11:12 PM
the fans are great but they doesnt work in lattest updates
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#39 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 4:03 PM
It doesn't work with the new patch.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#40 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 1:11 AM
Are these still awaiting compatibility fix for Pets and later? I don't have Showtime yet but I am updated to the latest patch.

When you say they won't work with Pets and later patches, do you mean that it won't show up? Or that it won't turn on? Or will it bug the game and cause crashes?

I don't care if they animate or not. I just love the look of the "grandma's" ceiling fan. I have similar style ones in my house (they are about 20 years old or more), but mine aren't as nice as the one in game.

Anyhoo, thank you very much for making these.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 29th Jul 2012 at 4:51 PM
Just wanted to add my 2 cents as well. TS3 objects tend toward modern and this Grandma fan is wonderful - probably representing a much larger portion of the type of ceilings fans that are out there in RL. You have so many wonderful creations and I would love to have them in my game...will put you in my favs bar so I can check back for updates...!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 11th Aug 2012 at 7:28 PM
I glanced at the EA Exchange or whatever and saw a few ceiling fans (same model, different design) but I don't really feel like signing up. What I don't get is the cmomoney fan still works just fine with the game fully updated (like I literally just *ahem* downloaded *ahem* and installed the game/expansions/stuff packs a few days ago). The Morphead ones however do not. I opened both .package files in an editor and they seemed very similar except that cmomoney had a few "ma" entries with something in the name to the effect of animate, which Morphead's fans do not. Naturally, knowing nothing about creating a .package file, I simply tried to export the three ma files, import them into one of Morphead's files, and fire up the game.

Good news is the game didn't crash and the fan loaded and placed just fine.
Bad news is it still doesn't spin/animate.

Everything else about the fans works except that it doesn't spin/animate. Just seems dumb that there isn't already working ceiling fans in the game, there always have been...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#43 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 10:51 PM
there is a post about a "rigfixer" that will make these work.
Test Subject
#44 Old 21st Dec 2012 at 4:22 AM
It's a shame these fans aren't compatible anymore because I only have one fan to choose from now :/ please fix them ASAP because I want more fans!
Test Subject
#45 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 7:28 PM
Its a real shame that these awesome fans dont work. could you please please try and fix this problem as your fans look absolutely amazing !!!!
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#46 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by muzza x HD
Its a real shame that these awesome fans dont work. could you please please try and fix this problem as your fans look absolutely amazing !!!!

They have been updated now.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#47 Old 11th Apr 2013 at 6:38 AM
So happy that I was directed to this page. Even though the fans didn't work and left god awful tool tips, I would not take them out my game, just the mod one by cmomoney. I didn't even care they didn't work. The antique, grandma fan is my favorite to use.

One of my favorite objects in the game and still look good in basements and kitchens. Love them and thank you for keeping them up.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#48 Old 25th May 2014 at 11:46 AM
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 5:44 PM
Great Mods, I am having trouble downloading your fan mods and Cmomoneys mods due to the rar files. If you can can you make the mods a zip file and email me when you do so.
my email is walden.brent@icloud.com
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 4:10 AM
thanks for the fans can't wait to use them :-)
Page 2 of 3