Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 10:30 AM
Default Technophobe Trait Revamp?
It's kind of unrealistic and too much of a blanket trait. There are different degrees of technophobia and a lot of people who don't like computers don't mind TV, and few would freak out as if the magic picture box was going to steal their souls. Also, I don't know how a child can be a technophobe. Give a child a tablet or park him in front of a TV and he'll be glued to it. And teens are all hunched over their phones.

I think it should be replaced with 'Computer Illiterate' and maybe split into different traits, like 'Dislikes TV' where they might enjoy using computers but hate TV, 'Retro Fan' where they enjoy old electronics like the old timey telly and those bulky computers, and they have a special Prism phone instead of a smartphone, so they can't watch videos, and they may or ay not like the multitab. And what if the multitab itself is modded so those who are technophobic or computer illiterate will be just fine using the multitab? (real technophobes like Judy Scheindlin actually like using tablets and smartphones because they are so simple to use and operate by touch instead of mice and keystrokes like computers) And maybe sims with the 'Bookworm' trait will hate TV and not gain any fun from it.

As for the reaction, could the 'freak out' reaction to technology be replaced with an angry reaction instead of acting all scared of technology that the sim was probably raised around? As for the Technophobe trait itself, it could be renamed 'Anti-Technologist'.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 26th Sep 2021 at 5:53 PM
I agree with you some traits need to be revamp especially the Hot-Blooded if we can delete the part the sims become crazy if they use a computer ( that's perfect for Technophobe) and the Born Salesman(woman) trait as well.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Sep 2021 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LucieSims
I agree with you some traits need to be revamp especially the Hot-Blooded if we can delete the part the sims become crazy if they use a computer ( that's perfect for Technophobe) and the Born Salesman(woman) trait as well.

Indeed! And there should be a feature where when a sim reaches elderhood and didn't use computers or watch TV all that much, or Loves the Outdoors, is Neurotic or Insane, etc. has the chance of developing this 'Nervous About Technology' moodlet that lasts for awhile and if the person doesn't get some counseling or take a course on technology, the person becomes a Technophobe. There could also be a trait called 'Retro-Fan' where sims will get more enjoyment from the Old Timey Telly and Retrotastic Television, and CRT computers. Retro-Fans could have Prism-Phones instead of smartphones in their inventories and these phones won't have camera or internet features. Technophobes won't mind movies either, and it does seem realistic that Technophobes don't mind playing with their phones in the vanilla game (saw that in another thread).

Multitab should be modded to also not trigger any technophobia since technophobe elders in real life don't mind using tablets and smartphones. Instead of acting scared of a computer or TV (unless the sim is a coward) the sim should instead shake his or her fist at the electronic device and/or grumble/yell in frustration at it.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 2nd Oct 2021 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
Indeed! And there should be a feature where when a sim reaches elderhood and didn't use computers or watch TV all that much, or Loves the Outdoors, is Neurotic or Insane, etc. has the chance of developing this 'Nervous About Technology' moodlet that lasts for awhile and if the person doesn't get some counseling or take a course on technology, the person becomes a Technophobe. There could also be a trait called 'Retro-Fan' where sims will get more enjoyment from the Old Timey Telly and Retrotastic Television, and CRT computers. Retro-Fans could have Prism-Phones instead of smartphones in their inventories and these phones won't have camera or internet features. Technophobes won't mind movies either, and it does seem realistic that Technophobes don't mind playing with their phones in the vanilla game (saw that in another thread).

Multitab should be modded to also not trigger any technophobia since technophobe elders in real life don't mind using tablets and smartphones. Instead of acting scared of a computer or TV (unless the sim is a coward) the sim should instead shake his or her fist at the electronic device and/or grumble/yell in frustration at it.

I am for the retro-fan trait and it will be so well with the atmosphere of the sims 3.Everything is so "old-fashioned".

I totally agree with how you want to improve the mods.Very clever and interesting that will bring Realism but not too much and much Depth in the game.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Oct 2021 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LucieSims
I am for the retro-fan trait and it will be so well with the atmosphere of the sims 3.Everything is so "old-fashioned".

I totally agree with how you want to improve the mods.Very clever and interesting that will bring Realism but not too much and much Depth in the game.

I wonder how it would be implemented though. Would it be difficult to do it?