Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jan 2023 at 4:52 PM
Default [Mod Constructor V5] Possible for social interactions to change flow depending on traits of target?
Hi all. I am new to using the Mod Constructor, so I apologize.

I am making a custom trait with social interactions, and I want the interaction(s) to have different outcomes depending on whether the target has one of a few specific traits. I want the tree to go basically like this:

Start trait interaction -> does the target sim have [my custom trait] or Geek trait? -> if yes, success!

Target sim does not have those traits -> is the friendship level 20 or higher? -> if yes, success!

Target sim does not have the aforementioned traits, friendship is not 20 or higher -> failure, uncomfortable conversation

I have messed around a bit with the social interactions menu, and it seems like the only conditional flow supported by the constructor has to do with a friendship level threshold. Would I have to write custom scripting in order to achieve the desired effect? Is it possible through some tinkering in the Advanced settings?

Thank you!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2023 at 2:35 AM
I'M GONNA HAVE TO MAKE A VIDEO TO ANSWER THIS AND YES YOU CAN
accidental caps lock
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jan 2023 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CuteCuteSimChild
I'M GONNA HAVE TO MAKE A VIDEO TO ANSWER THIS AND YES YOU CAN
accidental caps lock

Awesome! Thank you! Looking forward to it as this is one of the major setbacks I've had in developing my trait
Field Researcher
#4 Old 31st Jan 2023 at 10:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by luckyk
Awesome! Thank you! Looking forward to it as this is one of the major setbacks I've had in developing my trait

THE TUTORIAL IS DONE: https://youtu.be/PwAA9qNvDzo
Field Researcher
#5 Old 31st Jan 2023 at 10:46 AM

Remember to watch the video on the HIGHEST LEVEL OF HD POSSIBLE. It makes the letters clearer.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 31st Jan 2023 at 10:47 AM

Don't forget to set the video to full screen as well.