Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#101 Old 15th Jun 2014 at 1:40 AM
^^ You don't. You put free will on as high as possible and let them take care of their own damn selves.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 15th Jun 2014 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
^^ You don't. You put free will on as high as possible and let them take care of their own damn selves.

Okay thank you, the rules said you need to keep them all happy so I was confused. Thank goodness! I hate taking care of any Sims that are not my main.
Test Subject
#103 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 5:01 AM
I am doing this one! It'll be really good. I'll film it and add it to my YouTube channel.

LM-N Sims900 Is my channel for anyone who is interested. Thanks for writing this out. This'll be the best challenge ever.
Test Subject
#104 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 10:29 PM Last edited by T'Ponn : 20th Oct 2020 at 7:31 AM. Reason: added discovery/advice
My result:

35 days
skill points: 43+23+21+10+19+18+14+10=171
lifetime aspiration points: 111,887
no deaths, no repos, 4 friends
171+111+4-35=251 points total

Notes:
I think I shouldn't have put in the wildflower spawner. One Cosmos is worth 600 simoleons, and they respawn at least once a day! I never had problems paying the rent (except when I forgot to check the mailbox - wish there were some warning!). It generates so much income that unless you're playing with a really fancy place you'll be coining money. My bills averaged 250-350 even with character generated artwork and caged butterflies.
Handy characters don't spontaneously fix stuff. I had one guy fix one sink the very last day!
Green thumbs will water, but I never caught them weeding and no harvested fruit showed up in anyone's inventory.
Nobody will read skill books if there is ANYthing else available. They'll reread "Where's Bella" day after day rather than read a book in a skill they are developing already by using skill objects. They won't even read recipes.

Edit: They also won't use the University street art kit. Even the Avant Garde one has left it sitting in the middle of the living room floor for 2 1/2 weeks so far! They love musical instruments, the easel, the chess table and the pull-up bar.
-------------------------------------
Asylum Challenge Part 2: The Inmates Take Over the Asylum!

Now that Judy (named in honor of Symbiote's main character) is cured, she can go anywhere and do anything. But she has a new lifetime goal: to cure all her roommates. She won't leave until everyone else is free. This means she can't move out or go to university or on vacation or to the future. She can trade her Insane trait for something else (I used a cheat, but I could probably have used up the pile of points she got for completing her lifetime goal). She'll still be a loser until everyone else is cured.

The first thing she does is spend much of her accumulated salary on improving living conditions -- 8 beds, 8 seats, TV AND computer, a few more skill objects, whatever she can afford.

Step 1: Get everybody over their agoraphobia (hates outdoors) so they can leave the building.

It is now allowed to click on anybody any time and freely promise/deny wishes. I originally thought that once a day (preferably when their needs are in fairly good shape) I could queue up to 8 actions to get them to fulfill those wishes so they can rack up points, but it proved way too hard to keep track of. When they have enough to change a trait (midlife crisis), they can dump the "hates outdoors" for something else. I choose it myself, but random rolling for it would make it harder, since they might end up with something even worse.

Step 2: Get a job.

Once an inmate can leave home, they should get a part-time job to begin integrating into the community. They still wear weird clothes and have to come straight home after work, but they are contributing to the family budget and this builds self-esteem and coping skills. Judy can also take one other person at a time (grouped up to provide some control) to community lots for field trips -- parks, library, art gallery, etc. For now, I don't think they're ready for nightclubs or house parties. I don't know what the threshold should be for that.

You can now micromanage their actions.

Step 3: Get over it.

Get them to their lifetime goal and set them all free!

As each one is cured, remove the insane trait, get them promoted to level 3 of their part-time job, then get them a full-time profession (and a new lifetime wish if you cheat).
Once everybody is "normal" you can remove the absent-minded and loser traits.
--------------------------------------
This is taking MUCH longer than I thought. I've been doing it for weeks and I've still got 3 of the 8 insane. Once I get them all cured I'm going to move them to the wrong side of Lucky Palms and use them for the Save the Children challenge.
Test Subject
#105 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 4:11 AM
I completed this challenge in two and a half weeks Sim time. My character's LTW was to be a Mad Scientist, so I let her buy books and used one of the skill object slots to buy a planter pot. Her handiness was maxed out pretty quickly considering the plumbing kept breaking every hour or so. I had one sim die because she walked right into the bloody roaring flames in the one kitchen fire I had, but everyone else was okay.
They apparently liked skilling, so I wound up with a score of 157. All of the other patients started dating each other, and one even got pregnant (autonomous woohoo in the shower), but my character left before that patient got her baby bump. Really fun challenge, and I may do it again when I finish one of the challenges I'm playing now.
Mad Poster
#106 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 4:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vanillabuzz
Okay thank you, the rules said you need to keep them all happy so I was confused. Thank goodness! I hate taking care of any Sims that are not my main.

Yeah that part's totally ignorable. Shit, playing like that makes it difficult to even keep the fuckers alive sometimes, let alone happy!
Test Subject
#107 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 2:03 PM
I don't do challenges that have to keep score, but I tried a type of challenge. I put an asylum in my town and made a Dr Jekyl Hyde with all evil traits to do experiments on his victims. I set the building up as apartments since I have university and put a separate quarters for my evil Dr at the front of the lot. When the mob of townies showed up to fill the "apartment" I locked the front gate! Now they won't get out. They don't have much and I don't know their traits and can't control any of them. I put only 3 murphy beds in the sleeping ward so they won't be getting much sleep and only the snack fridge for meals. I was debating which to make first, this or a prison that I can lock all the inmates in their cells. I needed a break from playing all the nice, cute simmies.
Test Subject
#108 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 6:14 AM
First challenge I've ever done and just completed it with a score of 202 which I didn't think was too bad at all considering 2 of my inmates died in a fire!
My LTW was the Jack of all trades one, so my sim had to reach level 5 in 4 different career paths (I chose scientist, law enforcement, culinary and medicine) which took quite a long time so I was playing for about 7 and a half sim weeks. The inmates earned so so many skill points though, the highest was 37 (not my sim) and the lowest 26, so that boosted my score a lot. No visits from the repo man because I had a steady stream of money from concentrating a lot on my careers. The Sims that died died in a stove fire which I couldn't get to fast enough to extinguish because they were all crowding round freaking out! They then haunted the asylum, and seemed particularly fond of taking showers...
Really enjoyed playing like this, totally different to my usual control freak method!
Test Subject
#109 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 11:21 AM Last edited by spikala : 29th Aug 2014 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Forgot extra details.
Hi, Challenge Rookie here. Thought I'd give you a recap of my take on the challenge.

I was definitely NOT faster than a galloping llama. It took me almost seven weeks sim-time to bust my guy out of the asylum because he (and the dice) decided that being Leader of the Free World was totally doable when you're a loser, insane, and can't leave the house except to go to work, or buy groceries or books. *rolls eyes*

My inmates were actually pretty damn good at taking care of themselves. My sim did all the cooking for the first couple of weeks until he was handy enough to fire-proof the stove, then the asylum inmates cooked tidied up after themselves. As a control freak, I was pleasantly impressed time and again at how capable they were -- then they would start an argument with the sink... No fires, burglars, or deaths. Couple of ppl passing out from exhaustion and a LOT of accidents which another inmate would mop up ^_^

I used the Soothing Hills Asylum set up. Forgot that gardening was an outside activity so I didn't count those skill points.

123 pts for lifetime happiness, 121 pts for all skills learnt, 7 living friends at the end, and 55 days in the nut house = 196 final score.

This was so much fun and I'll be definitely trying out more challenges in future.
Test Subject
#110 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 2:21 PM
Ok I just finished with a score of 184
my lifetime wish was perfect garden which was a bit of a bastard, but know I understand the perfect plant dynamics better then I have ever before, however I was in there a phenomenal 10 weeks 3 days. My biggest surprise was the number of romantic hook ups that occurred I think my main character was the only one that hadn't had their first kiss.
Test Subject
#111 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 3:45 AM
So I just finished this challenge.

I controlled Peter Veakman:

Genius, Eccentric, Great Kisser

LTW: Level 10 Ghost Hunter (Yes I picked it. Random only makes senseif you don't have a story in mind to tell also it doesn't really fit the scenario of a psyciatrist asigned goal. Realistically you'd have some input in the process.)

Roomates:
Egon Spengler
Ray Stantz
Winston Zeddermore
Dana Barrett
Lois Tully
Janine Melnitz
Slimer Slimer

Ray and Egon were both Genius/Handy, Winston was Handy/Athletic, Dana was Neat/Flirty, Janine Neat/Handy, Louis Mooch/Neat, Slimer Kleptomaniac/Couch Potato.

As several others have mentioned, I learned that Neat inmates were excellent, but Handy seemed to have no effect.

I choose a mid tier bed and everyone seemed to spend a lot of time reading in bed which seemed to neutralize the restriction of having few seats. Or is the seat restriction just supposed to minimize table chat while eating and social/fun/skill items like chess table?

It feels like having an Ambitions job takes a lot of the teeth out of the challenge as did working nights. I usually came home to a sleeping house allowing me to use the bathroom and computer at will then there were multiple beds available when I was ready to sleep. Also, it just doesn't make sense in a half-way house type environment.

Tinkering should probably be banned or restricted to self-cleaning only.

It's debatable that all “Portable” skill items should be disallowed. I know there's already a restriction on keeping items in your inventory just to deny them to the rest of the house, but it's really easy to “forget”.

Final Score
89 Skill points (I should have grabbed cheap 2's with Peter he ended at Logic 8/Handiness 8 with no other skills.
Peter had 2 outside friends.
73k and change achievment points on Peter.
27 days in the asylum
0 Repos
0 Deaths

Test Subject
#112 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 5:29 PM
This sounds so cool! I'm definitely doing this :D
Test Subject
#113 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 8:45 PM
Hello!

I'm trying to modify this challenge for Sims 4. It is offering some interesting challenges, with the sims being all moody and what not

Let me know what you think!

http://youtu.be/JTQe2GOEQ9c
Test Subject
#114 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 9:00 PM
Seems super fun! Might try it!
Test Subject
#115 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 1:07 AM
starting today i am so excited
Test Subject
#116 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 7:05 AM
I will be doing this amazing challenge, but I was going to say. In my challenge I use http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...lum/id/1175300/. Is that okay?
Test Subject
#117 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 7:47 PM
I haven't tried any sims challenge before ..
this one really caught my attention ..
i downloaded the asylum and will start playing now ..
really excited ..
thank you for the great idea .. :*
Test Subject
#118 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 10:49 AM
This is a really nice challange!
I going to do this but it seems that it will be to short so I decided to bend the rules a bit, after one sim is cured, I kick them out and make a new sim/s depending if any of them died and use one of the other patients, change their traits and play as them. Just so it can go longer.
Test Subject
#119 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 2:03 AM
I played this awhile back on a computer that's gone on to laptop limbo, but I intend on trying this one again. I'll probably download an asylum to play in though, seeing as I remember putting in two too many seats last time (chess table chairs) (only found out after the fact). Hopefully it won't turn out like last time where somebody died a couple of days in. >.>
Test Subject
#120 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 9:09 PM
It's bugging me how no one will fix things. Everyone just mops up the water from broken sinks....
Test Subject
#121 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 8:29 AM
If anyone is interested, here is the asylum I made: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=8712012
Test Subject
#122 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 4:25 PM
I finished this challenge a couple of days ago and it was great fun! I used a downloaded Nymphadora Tonks for my main sim and completey randomized the other inmates (except for gender and the traits they needed according to the rules).

Nymphadora's LTW was to become a grandmaster at chess and maximize the logic skill. It took me much too long (43 days ingame time) to complete it, since I wasted too much time having her go to work in the beginning. When she came home she ha barely enough energy left to eat something and use the bathroom before heading to bed.
When iniviting the ranked chess opponents they would often get stuck or just stand somewhere tapping their foot, because everything was too crowded. I put all of the skill items in one room and one of my inmates always played the guitar, so six sims would stand around her to watch in a small room and no one could get through to the chess table. It was really maddening and I had to restrain myself from taking the others over to go do something else.

When she had her LTW fulfilled the other inmates had grown on me so much, that I wanted to keep playing with them. I used T'Ponn's idea to continue the challenge by curing all 7 inmates. First my Nymphadora had to gain their trust (become Good Friends), so they could lose the Hates the Outdoors trait. They were then allowed to get a part time job and visit public places like the library together with Nymphadora. Also I started to lock wishes for them so they could earn points.
After reaching third level of their job, they lose the absent minded trait, get a full time career and I was allowed to start micro managing them. They also would be allowed to visit public places and houses of their friends on their own.
When they fulfill their LTW, they lose the insane trait, are cured and move out of the asylum.

So far I have cured 4 inmates, that are now living on their own or with their s.o. in town.
Lenny Lofton was the first to be cured on day 70 of ingame time. He wanted to become a Master of the Arts and had gained most of the points on his own before I even started micro managing him.
Next was Roscoe Ennis, who wanted to master the Logic and Athletic skills, which he also did mostly on his own.
Third and fourth with only one ingame day difference were Kirk Clifford (be a Star News Anchor) and Jarret Blum (be a Professional Author).

Next will probably be Wanda Smith, who wants to be a Hit Movie Composer and is currently at level 9 of the music-career.

The last to move out will probably be Rosemary Puckett, since she has the Heartbreaker-LTW (be the girlfriend of 10 different sims) or Adriane Zavala, who wants to reach level 5 of 4 different careers.

In short: Thank you for this fun challenge and thanks to T'Ponn for the idea to continue it.
Test Subject
#123 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 4:43 AM
I'm recording this challenge now but uploading in September

http://www.youtube.com/user/danielroxheaps
Test Subject
#124 Old 18th Feb 2016 at 6:01 AM
I have a question, can you put in a teen sim as a patient in the asylum or do they have to be all young adults?
Test Subject
#125 Old 18th Feb 2016 at 11:48 PM
This look super fun! I'll try this challenge might be a bit hard for me though since I'm a cheat type of gal xD lamo
Page 5 of 6