Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Men's recolourable trenchcoat outfit - Adult and Young Adult

by Esmeralda Posted 3rd Nov 2009 at 12:35 AM - Updated 27th May 2013 at 2:53 PM by Esmeralda : Just slight changes to text

80 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 62 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#51 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zexion65
ok how do i download this? i have downloaded items and houses before but whenever i download clothes, hair, or a sim it never shows up in my game? how do u download it please help me!

I'm not sure what you mean - do you mean you don't know how to download a file from here to your computer, or do you mean you don't know how to install it in your game once you've downloaded it to your computer?

To download it from here, go to the Download tab of this page, click on the name of the file, and save it to your computer.

To install it in your game once it's saved on your computer, click on the Overview tab of this page and read my Installation Instructions, and/or click on the Install Instructions tab of this page and read that.
Test Subject
#52 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 3:18 AM
yes i have downloaded it to the right file, programfiles/electronicarts/mods/packages but when i go into the game and into CAS its not there?!

also when i download items for build mode, custom hair and premade sims the same thing happens i get into the game and their not there
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#53 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 10:18 AM
yes i have downloaded it to the right file, programfiles/electronicarts/mods/packages but when i go into the game and into CAS its not there?!

also when i download items for build mode, custom hair and premade sims the same thing happens i get into the game and their not there

In that case, you need to post your problem in the Help forum for assistance, as it's a problem with your computer setup and not my item.
Test Subject
#54 Old 31st Dec 2009 at 5:50 PM
Hmm. I'd actually have rather had this for teens than for adults. This is too goth for me to put it on a working member of society - I mean, I don't know any adult men who wear coats like this - but it would be perfect for a kid. Maybe if I put it in a tweedy pattern and pretend it's an overcoat? Not to pressure you to do a teen version, or anything, I can't begin to imagine the work that must be involved.
Test Subject
#55 Old 19th Feb 2010 at 9:57 AM
This is perfect for my Walter Sullivan sim (silent hill 4) ^.^ Thanks
Test Subject
#56 Old 16th May 2010 at 5:11 PM
I can finally make my Albert Wesker sim! Thank you
Test Subject
#57 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 9:42 AM
I just wanted to say THANK YOU! OMG, I been dying with that silly steampunk outfit trying to make it look decent enough for my Capt. Jack Harkness (Torchwood/Doctor Who) sim. It's just not working. So THANK YOU!
Field Researcher
#58 Old 12th Jan 2011 at 4:12 AM Last edited by Mouse : 13th Jan 2011 at 8:13 AM. Reason: Because someone has to hint obnoxiously. And it might as well be me.
Quote: Originally posted by EsmeraldaF
Re doing a female version, no plans at the moment, but might do something similar for females at some point in the future, if someone else doesn't do it first! There is such a dire lack of content for men that I prefer to concentrate on that first - there are loads of talented and experienced meshers out there making new meshes for women, but very few for men for some reason!

Ah, but there is such a dire lack of covering, non-clingy clothing for women!

Great work, though.
If you ever do decide to convert it for women, I'll be one of the first to download.

Update/Mental Note
I recall that in the earlier days of TS2 there was a conversion made of the male Maxis/Matrix trench coat for both men and women. The neat thing was that it was incorporated as an Accessory—which is much more fitting, seeing as some people are not fond of nice, long, loose-fitting coats being paired solely with skirts.

The Possibilities are Endless

-----------------------
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#59 Old 12th Jan 2011 at 7:14 PM
This is a great addition. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#60 Old 13th Feb 2011 at 4:48 AM
Not exactly what I wanted, but this is really, really awesome and close.

Can I request for one that is half-buttoned up?

Thanks for this wonderful coat.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#61 Old 6th May 2011 at 12:32 AM
This is an outfit my sim will definitely parade around. Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 18th May 2011 at 6:34 PM
This will be good for my vampire sim (angel off buffy) ;D thank you so much
Instructor
THANKS POST
#63 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 3:12 PM
Super, thanks for sharing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#64 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 12:03 AM
Oh my gosh, I've been looking for something to use for my Castiel Sim and this is perfect, thank you so much!
Test Subject
#65 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 5:50 PM
I really want a teen version! Seriously, this coat is perfect for teens. *-* I would love to use it on my Edward Elric. Why don't you make a teen version? pleeease, everybody wants it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#66 Old 26th Jan 2012 at 10:21 AM Last edited by EsmeraldaF : 27th Jan 2012 at 9:07 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Jullytta
I really want a teen version! Seriously, this coat is perfect for teens. *-* I would love to use it on my Edward Elric. Why don't you make a teen version? pleeease, everybody wants it.

As I've already said a few times within the comments, I won't be making a teen version of this mesh, because it is beyond my very minimal level of clothes meshing 'skill'. This outfit was a modification of an adult career outfit which is not available for teens, and I am not skilled enough to remake it into the different body size and shape for teens. However, there is a teen outfit that came with Ambitions that might be possible to remake into a similar outfit - if successful, I'm thinking of doing it as part of a set of trenchcoat outfits for elders, teens and women, hopefully in the near future.

EDIT: Hmm, have just spent the best part of the last 2 days trying to convert a few teen meshes to trenchcoat outfits with no success, so I won't be making a teen version after all, sorry. But I did succeed in making adult female and elder male and female outfits, so hopefully will submit those soon.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#67 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 2:24 AM
Great! I'm curious, though. Is it possible to have the trench coat without the shirt?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#68 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 10:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by beyondsight
Great! I'm curious, though. Is it possible to have the trench coat without the shirt?

No, unless one makes considerable modifications to the mesh (which I won't be doing).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#69 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 3:00 AM
Hopefully this is a reasonable question, but will you update this (and the women and elder ones) for Seasons? Some of my sims need a snazzy trenchcoat for their outerwear.

Anyways, awesome outfit. I get a lot of use out of it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#70 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 11:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by QuandaryOfJigsores
Hopefully this is a reasonable question, but will you update this (and the women and elder ones) for Seasons? Some of my sims need a snazzy trenchcoat for their outerwear.

Anyways, awesome outfit. I get a lot of use out of it.

I don't have Seasons and don't know when I will, but when I do, I'll see if it's possible to do that. Hopefully it might be just a simple editing of the .package file to enable the Outerwear category, but if it's more complicated than that, then it will depend on how complicated.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 6:12 PM
Guy Fawkes is about to set someone's house on fire.... ;)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#72 Old 3rd Mar 2014 at 11:06 PM
nice
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 28th Mar 2014 at 11:40 PM
Thanks.
Test Subject
#74 Old 24th Jun 2014 at 2:57 PM
Default the answer
ok how do i download this? i have downloaded items and houses before but whenever i download clothes, hair, or a sim it never shows up in my game? how do u download it please help me!
mod the sims can tell you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#75 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 7:54 PM
Awesome, for mysterious or supernatural sims. Thanks!
Page 3 of 4