Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Sim Bouncer - a trampoline for fun and body skill

by NixNivis Posted 21st Apr 2013 at 2:08 PM - Updated 12th Nov 2014 at 12:56 PM by NixNivis : Added requirement info

127 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts, 104 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 6
Theorist
THANKS POST
#26 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 3:55 PM
You know how much I love this but it never hurts to tell you again. Especially since I've enjoyed playing with it for so long. Thanks, Nix!
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
#27 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 1:38 AM
You know, I'm trying to keep CC to a bare minimum on this game install I'm running on this little netbook...but I had to have this. Maybe Sims aren't bored by endless walking/running on a treadmill, but it bores the heck out of me to watch them for simHours. This will be much more fun, I think, and like others have said, I love all the thought you put into this with all the various features. I think about the only thing that would make it more fun would be if there could be a fail when using it and the Sim would go flying off and crash, like when they fall when using the treadmill or when they get tossed out of the dance sphere thingy, but I'm guessing that'd be custom animations and...Yeah, I don't blame you at all for not going there!
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 1:11 PM
Again, thank you, everybody!

@iCad, that's a v. cool idea that I really wish I could turn into reality, because it would be fun if, say, Sims with too low body skill fell off the trampoline if they tried to do back flips. But you're right, it would require custom animations (or some heavy editing of existing animations, and that's almost as painful than making custom ones), and since I'm me, I'd want to set it up so that the chance of failing decreased as the Sim's body skill increased, and I'm not quite BHAV-savvy enough to pull that off (yet ). So yeah, I'm going to back away from that one very, very slowly and try not to make any sudden movements.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 4:37 PM
I love it!! Now the kids can earn their body skills early! Thanks again.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 6:16 PM
This is brilliant! i love it! do you reckon you could make a bigger version? like what people have in their gardens, and on the bigger one could you make it so more than one sim can bounce? just a thought for child sims! that would be so cool!
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
Original Poster
#31 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 8:57 PM
@sims2fan473, glad you like it! But there are already big trampolines where several Sims can jump at once out there (even though I don't think they build body skill) - that's one of the reasons I wanted to make this a small one-tile one. So no, I won't be making a big one, at least not at this time.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#32 Old 25th Apr 2013 at 7:25 PM
Awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome, awe...well, you get the point!

This is absolutely beyond cool & I can't wait to see it "in action"...although I dunno what some of my less active Sims will have to say about it!

It is comforting to see cool stuff like this still being made for Sims 2 for all the old curmudgeons (like me!) who are still doggedly fighting the Sims 3 invasion. Yay for the curmudgeon resistance! Fight the power! Viva La Sims 2 forever!!!!

Anyway this is truly spectacular & I am thrilled to add it to my collection of goodies!
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 25th Apr 2013 at 7:53 PM
@Zirconia, thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm so very glad you like it.

And thank you for reminding me of something that I've completely forgotten to mention about this trampoline! Unlike other exercise equipment, it favours playful Sims, not active ones. So if your Sims are lazy but playful, they'll think it's brill. (That's something that cracked me up every time it happened when I tested this: playful Sims would make this little "yes!" gesture before they started bouncing, but serious ones would hang their heads and look like they'd much rather get hit by a falling satellite than engage in this ridiculous activity. :giggler
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#34 Old 26th Apr 2013 at 4:59 AM
My Sims have too much fun on this. Thanks!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#35 Old 27th Apr 2013 at 9:47 AM
This is so amazing, thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 27th Apr 2013 at 5:57 PM
Love this! My Sims daughter, who was sadly overweight, HATED working out and dieting! Now its fun! Thank you so much! Favoriting~!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#37 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 3:35 AM
I love this so much, thank you! I've caught one of my elders on free-will using it, so its not just for the kidlets Again, I love this
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 5:11 PM
Great job, your hard work is appreciated.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#39 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 6:34 AM
Love the mini trampoline object you've created, NixNivis
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
Original Poster
#40 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 4:18 PM
Thank you, everybody! I'm so glad you and your Sims big and small like it.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#41 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 9:09 PM
This is so cute! I want one for myself in real life. Thank you for this!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#42 Old 1st May 2013 at 10:30 PM
Ack! It's so fabulous looking and I want to stick it in all my sims' gardens, but I can't find it, and I can't see the catalogue/price info in the main text. Am I just being blind? :/

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
Original Poster
#43 Old 2nd May 2013 at 1:51 PM
@whiterider, at the bottom of the post, it says: "You'll find the Sim Bouncer under Hobbies -> Exercise for the price of 95 Simoleons."

In bold and green for emphasis and with a little arrow to call your attention to it.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#44 Old 2nd May 2013 at 6:01 PM
D'oh! Thanks for that. It's nice to know that momentary blindness is egalitarian.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
Original Poster
#45 Old 2nd May 2013 at 7:26 PM
Indeed. I must admit was a bit confused there for a while; if you'd been Jane Average Downloader, I'd just assumed it was a case of tl;dr, but you're not, so I was starting to think I must have messed up somehow. Don't scare me by being human like that!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#46 Old 4th May 2013 at 11:31 PM
sweeet thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#47 Old 7th May 2013 at 4:35 PM
My Sims are in complete agreement, treadmills are for gerbils. They like the trampoline, but it takes up so much space in the yard. They are going to love this!! Thank you! [:
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator THANKS POST
#48 Old 10th May 2013 at 9:55 AM
:P
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#49 Old 11th May 2013 at 1:15 PM
Looks great, the perfect Mother's Day gift for a couple of my Sim Moms, thank you so much for sharing.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#50 Old 25th May 2013 at 7:43 AM
I have literally always wanted this for my Sims 2 Sims, thank you! I loved it when I found out The Sims 3 had one added, now I have another! :)
Page 2 of 6