Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Titus Industries (Playable Tomb) - UPDATED 10/30/13

by Diwtay Posted 26th Jul 2013 at 12:02 AM - Updated 22nd Nov 2013 at 4:58 PM by Diwtay

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 2nd Aug 2013 at 6:26 PM Last edited by Diwtay : 6th Aug 2013 at 4:15 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Leksense
^.^b [Good Job , Guy's] Can You Give Me A Tip .. How to Design The House Future-ish But With A Old Fashion Style ^^

hmmm off the top of my head no, not really. I recommend just taking a look around online for inspiration. Google things like modern, technology, etc... The upcoming Into the Future expansion should give you some good ideas. Take a quick look at the video for it on the Sims 3 site.

New tomb lot is in its final testing. I'm tweaking loot then its onto screenshots.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Update: New Tomb is pending upload now
Test Subject
#27 Old 10th Aug 2013 at 7:59 PM
I was immediately intrigued by Titus Industries because it was visually impressive and it appealed to the part of my mind that had spent many an hour solving the World Adventures puzzles.

I added Titus Industries to Isla Paradiso and was soon poking around the lot and marveling at the attention to detail. I did note that the paved walkway to the front door seemed slightly shifted and didn't line up with the steps and doorway, though this may have been a side effect of sliding the structure around on a 64 x 64 lot.

I was quite impressed by the thoughtful lay out, the complex puzzles, and the triggers that you engineered into the lot.

I did have a perpetual problem with The Sultan's Keep-All on the second story catwalk and my Sim would reset every time they attempted to open it. I tried repositioning the Keep-All several times, but I was never able to successfully open the Keep-All.

Exceptional work, Diwtay... I can't wait to check out your other lots!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 2:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Wreck Diver
I did have a perpetual problem with The Sultan's Keep-All on the second story catwalk and my Sim would reset every time they attempted to open it. I tried repositioning the Keep-All several times, but I was never able to successfully open the Keep-All.

Thank you for your feedback. Is the chest in question is that the one at an angle next to hole in the rafter path?
Test Subject
#29 Old 17th Aug 2013 at 2:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Diwtay
Thank you for your feedback. Is the chest in question is that the one at an angle next to hole in the rafter path?

Yes, that was the only chest in the lot that seemed to be a problem. Not sure of the reason why, but even relocating it to a more open area on the catwalk or to the ground floor still seemed to provoke my Sim to jump to a new location nearby.

Everything else was flawless... awesome work!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Wreck Diver
Yes, that was the only chest in the lot that seemed to be a problem. Not sure of the reason why, but even relocating it to a more open area on the catwalk or to the ground floor still seemed to provoke my Sim to jump to a new location nearby.

I'm in the process of uninstalling and reinstalling sims right now. Once everything is up and running again I'll take a look at the chest and see what I can do to fix it.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 5:50 AM
Is Barnacle Bay absolutely necessary? I haven't got the money for it, and I really love the tomb.

~Welcome to the Satellite of Love...~

Inventor
THANKS POST
#32 Old 21st Sep 2013 at 11:21 AM
I have wanted this since I fist saw it ;)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 30th Oct 2013 at 6:05 PM
10/30/13 UPDATES
-------------------------
I finally got off my tush and updated this lot. During my initial upload there was a bug that prevented certain decorative items (like brambles) from showing up. Now that the bug has been patched I am uploading the version I wanted/intended to upload in the first place. Although the brambles do not effect the basic game play of my tomb, including them adds additional ascetic flavour so I encourage you to re-download this lot. I have updated my screenshots to reflect my new changes.

I have attempted to fix the issue with the non working chest on the platform. Please let me know if you find any additional problems.

I've also upload a second version of my Titus Industries Playable Tomb lot that does not require Barnacle Bay to play. Happy Treasure Hunting!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 5:56 AM
I'm getting a error message in the sims 3 launcher that is saying this has dependancies on stuff I don't have, but I have World Adventures, Late Night, and Ambitions, and I'm using the "no barnicle bay" version.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 1:53 PM
I'm getting the same error message in the launcher as Sales_Kital above - I DO have Barnacle Bay installed, I'm patched up to 1.67, and I've installed the updated version. Is there something I'm missing, or is the launcher just being paranoid?
Test Subject
#36 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 6:56 PM
I'm currently featuring it in a (german) Let's Play First step only here, and getting fried right away in the episode of the next day, but I can promise the upcoming episodes will be a bit more successful. So far I absolutely love it.
Test Subject
#37 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 6:08 AM
Hello! This is the first time I've commented here at MTS. I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed playing this tomb! It was very well made and thought out! I loved the details, and I've even picked up a couple things that I could use to make my own tombs...someday. XD

I did encounter some problems though, and they all involved treasure chests. Several of the treasure chests throughout the tomb caused my sims to be reset to their home lot when I directed them to open the chests. I noticed someone else had that problem with one chest too, but I encountered it with multiple chests. I don't remember them all right now, but if you'd like, I can provide screenshots of the chests in question. I have NRaas Error Trap installed, and when my sims reset, it generated a report. I'll copy/paste what the report said:

"Interactions:
1: Open
Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.TombObjects.TreasureChest+OpenWithAnimation+Definition
Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.TombObjects.TreasureChest+OpenWithAnimation+Definition
UserDirected
System.NullReferenceException: A null value was found where an object instance was required.
#0: 0x0004a callvirt in Sims3.Gameplay.ObjectComponents.TreasureComponent+TreasureInfo:PickTrashRelic (Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sim,int,string&) (2DF3DB00 [2D2C0400] [1] [2CEF0C18] )
#1: 0x00097 call in Sims3.Gameplay.ObjectComponents.TreasureComponent+TreasureInfo:PickTreasure (Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sim,int,string&) (2DF3DB00 [2D2C0400] [1] [2CEF0B54] )
#2: 0x00014 callvirt in Sims3.Gameplay.ObjectComponents.Sims3.Gameplay.ObjectComponents.TreasureComponent:PickTreasureFromTreasureInfo (Sims3.Gameplay.ObjectComponents.TreasureComponent/TreasureInfo,Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sim,bool,bool,int,string&) ([2DF3DB00] [2D2C0400] [0] [0] [1] [2CEF0B54] )
#3: 0x00016 call in Sims3.Gameplay.ObjectComponents.Sims3.Gameplay.ObjectComponents.TreasureComponent:PickTreasureFromTreasureInfo (Sims3.Gameplay.ObjectComponents.TreasureComponent/TreasureInfo,Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sim,bool,bool,int) (43D26540 [2DF3DB00] [2D2C0400] [0] [0] [1] )
#4: 0x00023 call in Sims3.Gameplay.ObjectComponents.Sims3.Gameplay.ObjectComponents.TreasureComponent:GetStandardTreasureInternal (Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sim,bool,bool) (43D26540 [2D2C0400] [0] [0] )
#5: 0x00007 call in Sims3.Gameplay.ObjectComponents.Sims3.Gameplay.ObjectComponents.TreasureComponent:GetStandardTreasure (Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sim) (43D26540 [2D2C0400] )
#6: 0x0006a callvirt in Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.TombObjects.Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.TombObjects.TreasureChest:FillWithTreasure (Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sim) (4F6B1880 [2D2C0400] )
#7: 0x00039 callvirt in Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.TombObjects.TreasureChest+OpenWithAnimation:Run () ()
#8: 0x000db stloc.u1 in Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.InteractionInstance:RunInteractionWithoutCleanup () ()
#9: 0x00348 stloc.u1 in Sims3.Gameplay.ActorSystems.Sims3.Gameplay.ActorSystems.InteractionQueue:ProcessOneInteraction () ()
#10: 0x0011c stfld.u1 in Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sim:DoInteraction () ()
#11: 0x00015 br.s in Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sim:Simulate () ()
#12: 0x00027 leave.s in ScriptCore.ScriptCore.ScriptProxy:Simulate () ()"

Sorry, I know that's a lot. But hopefully, it can help you determine the problem. Please let me know if you'd like to know which chests were doing that. Thank you! And I hope to hear from you. :)
Page 2 of 2