Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#6751 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 6:54 PM
OMG Crystal Vu Grunt just got abducted by aliens. Of all the people...

Pascal tried to console her with a hug. "It's kind of cool, isn't it? And at least you didn't come back pregnant."

But Crystal would not be comforted. "It is so undignified! I'm never touching that telescope again."
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#6752 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 6:54 PM
Sandra Roth graduated and briefly moved back home, but all she could think about was her fiance, Hugh Knowe. (Okay, a little thinking about her old boyfriend Jacob, but that's just nostalgia.) Stella, who has been feeling the strain of having two businesses even with a manager running one of them, and knowing that Hugh is unemployed with an impractical major (Mathematics? Who majors in mathematics? Really, dear!), gave her the beauty salon - level 9 with two employees - for a wedding present.

Meanwhile, Hugh had managed - with a little in-law underwriting and by having his best friend Cliff Notes and his sister Ida Juana move in with him - to purchase a house the Roths consider acceptable living space for their older daughter. Furnishing is still a little sparse, but Cliff has already hung out his shingle as a doctor and Ida Juana has a gig reading tarot cards, so they were able to set up a wedding arch and throw a roof-raising wedding party, consisting of the bride's family and a couple of sorority sisters, Jules O'Mackey and Hugh's old friend Sara Bellum. Ida Juana called in sick to her job so as not to miss anything (really, Hugh is hopeless at parties, while Ida Juana is an expert) and it was thrown late enough in the day that Cliff really only missed the ceremony. Cliff is anti-social anyhow and his contribution was to take the only child, Sandra's sister Amy, out front to play catch. Cliff doesn't like children per se but the oddballs in the group should stick together. Sandra's brother Xander, with whom she has never had a strong relationship, tried to hide away upstairs on the bubble blower that is Ida Juana's big contribution to the family furnishings, but Ida Juana knows a trick worth two of that and sent Hugh after him. Hugh now has a better relationship with his brother-in-law than his wife does. Both the chicken Hugh prepared and the comfort soup Sandra tried to whip up burned. (Hugh had in fact set fire to the kitchen shortly before calling the party, but shortly before is not during and they had everything and everyone cleaned up in time.) Well, lunch isn't everything!

Once everything was cleared away afterward, Cliff quietly departed. Sandra's old boyfriend Jacob Martin is still living at home in that enormous barn of a house that his father inherited from his near-aunts, with the only income from farming and Jacob's new job with the sheriff's department, and there's a room going spare, so they can use the rent and Cliff figured he should move out before the need for space in the house became desperate, rather than afterward. Sandra promptly outfitted his old room as her sewing room, though presumably it won't take long for it to be needed as a nursery. Sandra's a little anxious about her ability to run the salon, and especially her ability to manage the manager, Trisha Traveller, who has had things her own way there for a long time now.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#6753 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 6:57 PM
In the household of Love Thy Neighbour, Muffin Neighbour, Justice Neighbour-Larsen and Picasso Melinder, the latter two decided to get gender-swapped child-clones of themselves, because they didn't have anything better to do that day. This rounds off the fourth Neighbour-generation, and since the girls were born at pretty much the same time, they both, as per Neighbour-tradition, got names with "love" in them - Picasso's Lovelace Melinder, and Justice's Love-in-a-mist Neighbour-Larsen (queen of hyphens).

They get along well not only with each other and their respective dad's, but with each other's dads, too.

The house was getting a bit full, but after celebrating Love Thy, who turned into an elder, she moved to the elder-collective along with her older brother Caligari Neighbour, where she donned the Neighbour's heirloom-dress. Robin Logren was happy to have two kindred, playful spirits in the house.

All three of them want to get married, and decided to take a trip Downtown to Club Caliente. Neither of them found anyone who struck their fancy this time, but they had a good evening still.

I am Error.
Forum Resident
#6754 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 8:51 PM
I've been playing more of my custom hood at the moment, since I've been in the mood to get back to it. Some ages had to be fixed and things, but when that was done, I got to play.

So, the first house I played was a guy called Michel, who was looking after his two younger sisters, twins called Holly and Charlotte, after their mother had passed away. It all went well until Weekly Arsonist kicked in and burned the house to the ground just before the girls were set to go to college. Their domesticated wolf, Alegra, ran away during the commotion, too! Michel died and all the furniture was burned. The girls went to college, but I wasn't prompted on what to do with Alegra, so she's gone forever.

The next household I played was the Castellano household, where nobody has that surname anymore. In this household, there is an elder Bigfoot called Andrew, living with an adult Fricorith Tricou, his wife, and five children; the younger two are twins. There are also two cats. Bigfoot works in the music career lvl 10, while Annalise (Fricorith's wife) works as an education minister. Fricorith is a stay at home Dad, since he wanted to quit his culinary job after getting to the top last year... Not quite finished with this house yet, though. It's been fun. I also discovered that Bigfoot can scare away burglars, which has gotten Fricorith lectured and fined three times The twin boys are a handful as toddlers, but they are close to children now ^_^

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Scholar
#6755 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 9:55 PM
Sedona is full of sulky half-aliens, all throwing tantrums because they missed out on college. A prospective student needs at least $2000 up front for the airfare, and a further $2000 in cash or scholarships to have any chance of paying tuition for a full four-year degree even if they make the Dean's list every time and put in some hours in the cafeteria. Walter Atkins worked hard to get the scholarships, so his dad scraped together the airfare even though it meant he and Walter's brother, Ross, are living in very cramped conditions, but none of the others even came close, so it's pretty obvious they're more interested in getting out of Sedona than in actually studying.

Meanwhile, Jason Larson was delighted to become a father in his old age, when his wife gave birth to a boy, named Alvin after Jason's father. Jason was briefly Head of Construction just before his retirement, so he has a decent pension, and with him at home all day his young wife, former townie Amanda Carlson, has gone straight back to work as a Cement Mixer. Neither is Family aspiration, so there's a good chance Alvin will be an only child and will grow up comparatively privileged.
Scholar
#6756 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 1:14 AM
I was feeling kind of bad for my Sims who are just bit players in my main families' stories and then get shunted off to limbo land. Like Matthew Hart, notorious gold digger, who married Jenny Smith to have the easy life for a while and then disappeared in the night after her death. He took off with Marylena Hamilton, who was the fiancee of Jenny's grandson (!) and mother of his first child before she fell for Matthew. They need to live out their lives too. So I made a companion town to Strangetown, called Mesa Valley, where the side characters could live. It's far enough from Strangetown that you need a car to get there but close enough that there can be some cross-pollination. Most of my Sims there will live in apartments* and get the chance to live their lives to completion. I also may build a really swanky retirement complex there for elders who don't have family or don't want to live with them in their golden years. I know that now I'm giving myself more families to play, and maybe dooming myself to failure because of that, but this just feels right.

*I don't have Apartment Life because I play on a Mac, so really they are just living communally in buildings that are like apartments. So playing 6-8 sims (couples and singles mixed) at a time. I have pretty strict rules set on pregnancy, so if anyone does get accidentally pregnant, then I'll move them into a family home and play them like another family, and I guess that will mean more genes for the pool.

Just to add, my favorite couple--after Tank and Frances--Nervous Specter Curious and Irving Curious (alien son of Vidcund) have saved up enough to buy a small house and have adopted a baby, a girl named Alyse. They are such a cute family.
Link Ninja
#6757 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 1:25 AM
I know I said I was gonna make more motels but I ended up making an observatory and mini golfing lot today instead.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Test Subject
#6758 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 1:36 AM
After avoiding Strangetown for years when I first found out about corruption and how irreparably broken the premade hoods are, I decided to finally return and try a fresh run at the Curious household, obliging their wants as often as is feasible instead of trying to curate their lives as strictly as I used to. This time around, Pascal had a baby girl named Uza; the same night, Vidcund was swept away into the sky and came back pregnant with a son, Ixo. During paternity leave, Pascal decided to leave the science field and pursue his true dream of becoming an adventurer; Lazlo quit for similar reasons, though he hasn't had much luck breaking into the dance industry and is still unemployed as of now.

Around the time Uza and Ixo started high school, Vidcund achieved his life's dream of becoming a mad scientist. He seemed somewhat purposeless for a little while after completing his lifetime wish. All of his wants were fairly arbitrary things like cooking meals or talking about his hobbies, like he wasn't sure what to do with himself now that all his hard work had finally paid off. Then one morning, family friend Crystal Vu came to visit, and Vidcund suddenly rolled a want to flirt with her. I felt like this was a sign that he was coming out of his funk, and so I happily obliged. Unfortunately I'd forgotten that Lazlo had a one-sided crush on Crystal, and he just happened to be playing catch with Ixo mere feet away when Vidcund made his move. Lazlo's relationship with both of them still hasn't recovered, and I can't imagine it helped that Vidcund brought Crystal over for several more dates before inviting her to move in. The furious stage has passed, but it's sad to look at Lazlo's relationship with Vidcund and see -40 right next to the BFF icon.

All in all, granting the Curious household's every desire has had very interesting results. Pascal's hard at work following his dreams and supporting the kids-- every morning he rolls wants for both of them to get an A+ report card or go to college. Uza's going steady with her sweetheart Tina Roennigke and pulling straight A's, with Ixo not far behind academically. Vidcund achieved his life's dream and floundered for a bit seeking purpose, but seems to have found a new lease on life with his fiancee Crystal-- though at the cost of his relationship with Lazlo. Speaking of, poor Lazlo seems to have become the black sheep of the family. He hasn't had a job since the kids were born, he won't even interact with Vidcund during group activities like shooting hoops, and most of his wants have become minor and aimless like Vidcund's were when he first completed his LTW. I worry that in trying to give the Curiouses everything they want, I somehow managed to ruin Lazlo's life in the process.
Forum Resident
#6759 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 1:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cosmaline
I worry that in trying to give the Curiouses everything they want, I somehow managed to ruin Lazlo's life in the process.

If it gives you any sort of comfort, the Lazlo in one of my games had both of his brothers die in an arsonist attack, his girlfriend (Erin Beaker) die of illness, his friend (Crystal Vu) die during a storm fire at the Goth mansion, he got sacked, and his niece (Pascal's daughter, Venus), who he had been raising alone since she was a child, hates his guts, because he's sloppy.

He's close to dying of old age now. On the bright side, he got a job in Law through a townie and reached the top, so hopefully things start to look up for your Lazlo, too

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Scholar
#6760 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 1:58 PM
Lazlo is one of my favorites. In my most recent playthrough, he became a werewolf, which he actually enjoyed, and married Stella Terrano. Stella was much more attracted to his brother Vidcund, who lived with them. They got very friendly, although not romantic, and there was some trouble when Lazlo found them sleeping in the same bed together. Vidcund moved out after that to try to protect his brother, but when he became an elder, he figured life was short and started a full-fledged affair with Stella. During this time, Lazlo, also an elder now, contracted pneumonia and had to go into the hospital. In the hospital, he was cured of lycanthropy, which depressed him, and he also caught the flu. Meanwhile, Vidcund was taking advantage by visiting Stella pretty much every day. Lazlo never did get better in the hospital. He got in lots of fights with Zombie Nanny and eventually died, not of illness but of old age. It was kind of a sad ending to his life. However, he did greet the Grim Reaper in typical Lazlo fashion.

Several of my elders have been passing one right after the other. Before Lazlo, it was Circe and Vidcund within one day of each other, then after him, Erin and Lola went within one day of each other. Of the original adults, only Pascal and Crystal remain, because Pascal had days added to his life while he was living with Olive Specter.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#6761 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 2:01 PM
Ginger and her wife Priscilla gave birth roughly simultaneously. Priscilla went into labor first and was the only one to get a cinematic. Priscilla gave birth to a boy, Greg, with a darker skin tone than either her or sperm donor Gavin, so apparently I screwed up my skintone scaling somewhere. Ginger's daughter Glenda may be a little paler than either parent. Which at least makes it easy to tell them apart. I have baby baskets for them in one of the four upstairs chambers, but something was wonky about how they were placed. As far as I could tell they were accessible but it took seventy years to get Greg into a basket. We'll all be real glad when spring comes and they can build a lean-to off of the kitchen on the first floor, because having toddlers upstairs is going to suck big time in this house.

Although he keeps busy, with his dogs and his job as principal and his yard and his garden, Gabe O'Mackey is getting lonely. He had plenty to do on Saturday, and he did it, but his wants were all about having people over. Jules will graduate soon, and when she does will come home, but only for one night before she marries David Ottomas and moves into the big house he bought for her. When he went to Belle's to get a nice suit for Jules's wedding, he ran into Patricia and started flirting with her, rolling slow dance and date wants. She flirted back and appeared to think nothing of it, but after all she is a married woman, so he bought his tux and came home. Patricia truly doesn't think of this sort of thing as cheating on her husband Warren. The encounter didn't trigger any wants for Gabe. Apparently their lack of chemistry allows her to keep her Gabe feelings in a completely separate box. There's nothing sexy about Gabe kissing her hand - it's just fun.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#6762 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 1:57 AM
In my Pleasantview reboot (I've abandoned the megahood) Dustin is trying to turn his life around as he wants to get into private school and go to college. He has a want to get homework help so he's asked Brandi. Hopefully they'll finish before the school bus comes in....12 minutes

Mad Poster
#6763 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 10:59 AM Last edited by Bigsimsfan12 : 24th Jul 2021 at 12:20 PM.
Downloaded face sliders (I exclusively play premades and their decendants so I'm late to the party on custom sliders) and downloaded a cute little Island neighbourhood template with the intention of making a small community of about 5 households. I've changed computers since I last made a neighbourhood so I had to redownload empty stealth hoods. I made this AMAZING family, with 4 adult children - all look amazing and SO DIFFERENT from each other! I didn't realise how similar my premade sims all kinda look, especially across siblings. I gave them back stories and bios and careers, skills, aged them appropriately.... and then Benjamin Long wanders onto the lot

So now I could either go to the effort of extracting the sims, and doing all their bios, etc all over again... or just accept the Pleasantview townies and treat them like... tourists? I guess?

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
#6764 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 3:40 PM
Michelle Grunt did indeed have twins. While Ripp Grunt was at the diner trying unsuccessfully to hit on the waitress, he saw Michelle's fiance Peter successfully hitting on some random townie. Word got back to Michelle, there was a huge fight, and she left for a while to cool down. When she got back, Peter had cleaned the house out of everything valuable and vanished, presumably to Mesa Valley with new girl in tow. That's when Michelle gave birth.

She had to move in with her dads for financial and childcare help. It's a bit cramped in the trailer, but they are saving up for a bigger house. Tank loves being a grandpa. And David Ottomas, who has patiently been waiting his turn ever since Michelle was living in the Ottomas boardinghouse, has stepped up to let Michelle know about his feelings for her. Maybe he doesn't make her feel weak in the knees, but he's a genuinely good guy, and the boys need a father in their lives.

Here's Tank playing with one of his grandsons.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#6765 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 8:36 PM
Went to the effort of downloading SimPE, extracting my sims etc all because I want to make the perfect little self-sustaining neighbourhood with no damn townies! (Don't worry, I realised my mistake and fixed it. Hopefully.)
Could I have started from scratch, because I only made 1 family? No. Look how cute they are!

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Instructor
#6766 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 11:44 PM
Scholar
#6767 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 5:16 PM
Since I updated Tank's life recently, I thought I'd update my other original teens who are all now getting up there in years.

Johnny and Ophelia have had a long and fairly happy marriage. Johnny is a midlevel politician, and Ophelia was a SAHM for a while but went back to a part-time education job as an elder. They live in a large and very nice house with their adult son Shayne, who looks like his dad but with red hair and takes after his mom in personality. Shayne's college fiancee, Marylena Hamilton, dumped him for Matthew Hart and also left their baby, Arlie, with Shayne to raise. That's when Shayne moved back in with his parents. He then met and dated Monica Bratford, a much better match for him. They got married and had two more kids, Freddie and Delma. Arlie and Freddie have alien skin; Arlie is blond and the other two are redheads. Johnny and Ophelia's younger son, Cedric, moved out to get married to Armando Cox from the Garden Club. Cedric looks like his mom but with red hair and takes after his dad in personality. Then Cedric was suddenly killed in a kitchen fire. Armando wanted to resurrect him and nobly sacrificed himself to bring back Cedric. (Yes, it was a noble sacrifice and not because I dislike playing Garden Club Sims and also Armando's want slots kept turning up blank.) So Cedric essentially had to start all over in the Singles motel with a changed personality, and his aspiration got switched to Fortune as well. (Nobody is ever resurrected perfectly--that's just a side effect of being dead.)

Ripp had a fairly long and happy marriage with Johnny's sister, Jill, and they had two daughters together. They were very successful, he in the Slacker career and she in the Gamer career, and bought the nicest house in Strangetown. However, she died in a freak fire caused by a lightning strike when the girls were teens. Ripp kind of wanted to resurrect her but kind of wanted to not be married too, so he just interred her in the cemetery. Their oldest daughter, Mirella, looks like her dad but takes after her mom in personality. She just graduated from college, moved back home, and got engaged to Porfirio Beaker, son of Loki and Blossom. Their younger daughter, Mabel, looks like her mom but takes after her dad and secretly is his favorite. She was not at all interested in school, did not go to college, and moved out into the Singles motel the minute she came of age. After Ripp became an elder, he finally--after literally years of trying--persuaded Ophelia to woohoo with him, and now they are having a discreet little affair.

Buck is not an elder yet and is still married to Guy Wrightley. They live in the Grunt family home with his stepmom, Crystal, and her partner, Pascal Curious, who both just passed away within a few hours of each other. (One of Pascal's last wishes was to be a zombie, and his daughter knows how to do that, so he may be coming back--I don't know yet.) Buck is a very successful lawyer who pulls in a huge salary, and Guy does okay in show business. Buck's two adopted kids are basically both disasters, maybe because both Buck and Guy were more interested in being friends with them than parenting them. Ashlee is a pill to everyone, is about ready to go to college, and does not plan to come back. She's also very pretty and looks a lot like Crystal even though they're not blood-related. Odis is a handsome, spoiled, entitled jerk who's failing out of high school. He and Ashlee are constantly at each other's throats, and Buck does nothing about it. Now that there's a little more room in the house, Buck has invited his half-brother Hal, who's single, to move back home because the house he was sharing with his twin sister, Deneen, and her daughter was a bit cramped. (Deneen also died, during pregnancy, and Hal sacrificed the father of her child, a townie named Abhijeet, to bring her back.) Hal is sure to like moving home because the Grunt house is full of very nice things that Crystal bought.
Test Subject
#6768 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 8:14 PM
Some major milestones for the Curious family in recent days. Uza and Ixo went off to La Fiesta Tech with their respective sweethearts in tow, Tina Roennigke and Ophelia Nigmos (sorry, Johnny!), and the four of them are renting a cozy little house on campus as they pursue their degrees. The house is surprisingly tidy since Tina keeps rolling wishes to influence her friends' professors to clean every time they're invited over for schmoozing purposes. Both couples rolled simultaneous wishes to get engaged as soon as they aged up on campus, so there will be lots of wedding bells in Strangetown after graduation.

Back on the homefront, things are looking up for the brothers Curious. Lazlo finally managed to get a job in the dance industry, and his wishes have taken on more substantial goals like achieving the skills he needs for promotion. On the social side, Pascal aging up into an elder seems to have been a reality check for Lazlo; he's suddenly become willing to talk with Vidcund and Crystal again, though he'll only interact with Crystal in short spurts (usually during a group activity like shooting hoops). It was nice to see the brothers hanging out together on the kitchen floor like in the good old days. I do worry, though, as I play the Fiesta Tech household and the Strangetown household in equal rotation, that not all of the rapidly-aging brothers will still be alive to welcome the children home from college. I hope Pascal can hold on long enough to attend his daughter's wedding.
Scholar
#6769 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 10:28 PM
Peter and Samantha Ottomas of Respite/Sedona are grandparents at last. They haven't met baby Sam yet (I'm not sure they've met his mother, Mary, either), but David has a day off next rotation so will drive down to Sedona and bring his parents, plus Tommy and Bobby, to meet the baby. Eleven-year-old Bobby isn't sure which is more exciting: being an uncle or getting to see Respite!
Scholar
#6770 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 3:47 PM
None of Pascal's family wanted to turn him into a zombie, for which I am grateful. Sometimes what Knowledge Sims want is not the best for them. So he will rest in peace alongside Crystal.

I think Stella has gotten homesick since both Lazlo and Vidcund died. She spends every night gazing through the telescope. She tries to relate to her grandson, Thurman, but he's a lot like his father and she doesn't understand them. As for her own son, Ellsworth, he seems determined to woohoo his way through Strangetown, and she doesn't understand that either.

Ellsworth says, "I can't help it if the ladies of Strangetown find me irresistible. If someone invites me into the hot tub, what am I going to do? Say no?"
Link Ninja
#6771 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 3:41 AM
After crashing all day, my game decided to let me have this one. It was a weekend sibling road trip down to my less-traveled subhood of Pandora, a desert town I've been recently building up to revitalize it (for my own sake so I send sims to live there) and I took the Sanchez twins, Mercedes and Marquez, to Pandora for two nights and a day. First off, I needed a place for them to stay, so I downloaded a warehouse lot from here by @Bow_Chicka_Bow_Wow and turned it into a run-down hostel catering to teens. It was perfectly chaotic, it had a bunch of delinquents jamming at all hours of the night, NPCs getting into fights, and socializing.

The twins were play-testers for a mini golf course I recently build as a part of the 'Visit Pandora, We aren't all about Blackjack and Hookers' tourism campaign. and it was fairly fun, a better way of building charisma than standing in front of a mirror*

And then I had them visit another teen fun spot to play test that has remote control cars and helicopters and an arcade along the back of the property.

They came home with some great memories.

*When you have mods for community lot skilling , buyable career rewards , and invisible recolor of said rewards.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Forum Resident
#6772 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 9:21 AM Last edited by parrot999 : 27th Jul 2021 at 10:02 AM.
Big update!

To start off, Shady Gary has a new scheme of making hotdogs. Someone probably should tell him...

Secondly, Mortimer Goth decided to clean himself up for his daughter's wedding, trying to move forward for the sake of his family. And when Don ditched his daughter at the altar, he decided to spend time with her in the memories room, as they both try to pick up the pieces of their respective losses.

Meanwhile, in a castle on the hills overlooking Conjurer's Lake, the mysterious but charming Mr. Maldav has moved in out of nowhere, and may be eyeing the town election. A most consequential election considering MagiCo had recently opened the lake to the rest of the world so they could set up shop, and so all eyes are on this secluded dimensionally warped settlement.

Something is seriously up, as new suits have moved into a facility that appeared overnight in Strangetown. We were unable to get close to the secret facility, but were able to procure an image of it's new occupants, and a dossier of names. From left to right, Prof. Austin Effect, Eugene Black, Xoreni Stenxoreni, Sten Stenxoreni, and Security Bob

And finally, thanks to a massive education funding increase, La Fiesta Tech has updated itself to modern tech college standards, and has started to build a thriving college town around it!
Scholar
#6773 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 8:22 PM
So Peter Sims--that no-good rat-fink liar who told Michelle Grunt that he was wealthy, got her pregnant with twins, and then ran off to Mesa Valley with his new townie girlfriend Brooke after he got caught cheating--got Brooke pregnant! With twins! From risky woohoo! And then she promptly got pregnant again! Again from risky woohoo! So Peter had more kids than any other Sim in my Strangetown/Mesa Valley hood.

This story ended tragically, I'm sorry to say. Peter was gone all the time, so a very pregnant Brooke had to keep up with the twins all on her own. Then when the new baby was born, she still had no help, and she was exhausted and starving all the time. Peter came home one time to find her passed out on the floor with a baby in stinky diapers lying beside her and he--I'm not making this up--pointed at her and laughed. Seriously, I hate him. Brooke, unfortunately, could not keep up with her own needs on top of the kids' needs. After she died, all three kids were taken away by the social worker because of neglect, and rightly so! They will be put up for adoption. And Peter was committed to the insane asylum because clearly there is something not right with him.

Things are going much better for Michelle, who is now married to David Ottomas--he is a great dad to his stepchildren, and has indeed elected not to work so he could stay home with the kids--and they are expecting their own child.
Test Subject
#6774 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 1:46 AM
Life goes on at the Curious household while Uza and Ixo are off at college. All of the Curious brothers (and Crystal!) have become elders; despite their advanced age, all four of them have achieved their lifetime wishes and reached the tops of their fields: Vidcund in science, Lazlo in dance, Pascal in adventuring, and Crystal in business. Comfortably in their twilight years, they spend most of their days blogging, reading books, and calling all of their family friends to keep those relationships strong.

Unfortunately, Pascal did not survive to see his daughter Uza graduate.

He often rolled wants to call the kids to chat, but knowing his time was running out, I invited Uza to drop by the family home for one last visit. Pascal and his daughter spent the day hanging out in the front yard, talking about anything and everything... and then Pascal walked inside and passed away peacefully of old age as his brothers, his sister-in-law, and his beloved daughter looked on. Pascal Curious moved on at the ripe old age of 73, having accomplished everything he wanted to do in life. I knew it was coming, but the way it all happened tugged at my heartstrings.
Scholar
#6775 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 3:17 AM
Christopher Spurlock and Miriam Lari moved out of their combined families' townhouse together, leaving both fathers with Timothy Lari and Molly Spurlock. Chris and Miriam moved into a one-bedroom apartment and furnished it with a bed, table, two chairs and a telephone - then realized they didn't have quite enough left to pay the first set of bills and had to sell their cell phones!

Kennedy Leong has been living with Tessa Ramirez for a while, but their relationship seems to have stalled at 'going steady'. I considered having Kennedy break up and move out, but they have two bolts for each other and neither has a three-bolter with anyone, or even another close friend who isn't already in a relationship. It occurred to me that maybe they're feeling awkward because they're living with Tessa's parents, so I had them move out into one of the original little houses in Sedona. It was rather dark, so they spent a lot of money fixing it up with marble floors, fresh white and grey tiles in the bathrooms, and new paint throughout. Checo has eight days left and Lisa has ten, so Kennedy and Tessa have some time to rekindle their romance before Tessa will need to move back home to care for her widowed mother. Kennedy can decide then whether to go with her or stay on by himself in the new place.
Page 271 of 349