Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 1:59 AM
Default Anyone else super excited about the new Cottage Living Xpac?
I've been wanting an expansion like this since launch and now we're finally getting one and it has llamas even! =o
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 2:56 AM
See the thread about EPs where this has been discussed quite extensively.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 3:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dark_Devious_Fox
I've been wanting an expansion like this since launch and now we're finally getting one and it has llamas even! =o

Nope.
I am not excited.

Taiwan Soul!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 3:54 AM
I wouldn't say super excited. But I am pleasantly excited. This is the second expansion in a row that I'm actually kinda looking forward to.

The Receptacle still lives!
Inventor
#5 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 4:05 AM
I'd be excited if it was a Game Pack. But it doesn't seem to have enough content for an EP price tag. As good as the trailer may it seem, there's a lot of asterisks. The world is tiny: only 12 lots; cows, chickens and llamas are objects and not actual free roaming animals; can't have a pet rabbit; picnic baskets can only be used on designated tables; only one new skill and there's no actual farming, only an expanded gardening system; no occults confirmed for now (and they would've at least teased them). It just feels like there's a lot of content but none of it has any depth, so I don't think it's that good of an Expansion.
Scholar
#6 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 4:13 AM
It not the pack I probably would of wanted, I seem to quite like this one and I am looking forward to it, but i'm not super excited for it.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 4:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
I'd be excited if it was a Game Pack. But it doesn't seem to have enough content for an EP price tag. As good as the trailer may it seem, there's a lot of asterisks. The world is tiny: only 12 lots; cows, chickens and llamas are objects and not actual free roaming animals; can't have a pet rabbit; picnic baskets can only be used on designated tables; only one new skill and there's no actual farming, only an expanded gardening system; no occults confirmed for now (and they would've at least teased them). It just feels like there's a lot of content but none of it has any depth, so I don't think it's that good of an Expansion.

All of the EPS are like this. Get Together is the worst for me. It has a club system, a cafe, and various gameplay objects. It’s a sad little thing.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#8 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 5:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
All of the EPS are like this. Get Together is the worst for me. It has a club system, a cafe, and various gameplay objects. It’s a sad little thing.

The only EPs in TS4 I'd consider as actual expansions of the game are (surprisingly enough) Get to Work, mostly because of the amount of content compared to nowadays, and Seasons. The rest rely on too many gimmicks or side content as the focus of the entire pack. Cottage Stuff Living seems to be shaping up no differently.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 5:08 AM
So many Debbie downers here xD
Forum Resident
#10 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 5:16 AM

So being realistic nowadays is a negative trait? Nobody here is bashing anyone for being excited about the EP. You're excited about it, great. But people here aren't going to grovel at EA's feet because they make a nice trailer and create a pack that's probably about 1/4 of what people actually wanted.

I assumed you wanted discussion about if people were excited about the pack or not, but it seems you only wanted people to comment if they mirrored your own opinions. That's the nature of an open forum. If knowing how to be wise about how I spend my money for the value I'm getting makes me a "Debbie Downer", so be it.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Inventor
#11 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 5:40 AM

Well, at least Get Together has a really big world (the biggest so far) with many unique districts and the club system is a game-changing GLOBAL feature you can use with every other pack. At that time, I also thought it was kinda mediocre, but compared to what's come after, it's kinda good.

The EPs I hate the most are the ones that confine the entirety of its gameplay to one area: City Living, Eco Lifestyle, Island Living, Snowy Escape and now this one.
Instructor
#12 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 7:31 AM
Well, at least Get Together has a really big world (the biggest so far) with many unique districts and the club system is a game-changing GLOBAL feature you can use with every other pack. At that time, I also thought it was kinda mediocre, but compared to what's come after, it's kinda good.

The EPs I hate the most are the ones that confine the entirety of its gameplay to one area: City Living, Eco Lifestyle, Island Living, Snowy Escape and now this one.

They've all sucked.

To be honest, the moment someone asks me to list off the best EPs, three come to mind: Seasons, Get Famous and Get to Work.

The common link between them...? They all have something to make Sims feel more unique. Seasons vastly improves the immersion of the world and also makes holidays more liked/hated by certain Sims, Get Famous has new perks and quirks for famous Sims, and while GTW doesn't do it to the same extent as the other two, I think the Scientist career is truly unique, makes Scientist Sims feel more unique due to the sheer volume of abilities they unlock, and if the Scientist career alone were a game pack or stuff pack, it'd be worth the price.

It really is incredible how much the team struggles with understanding that people want unique sims. If they simply aimed to give more layers of depth to Sims with each pack, people wouldn't complain so much. Instead they do lazy location-based packs (City Living, Island Living, Snowy Escape, Eco-Living) and when they do try to include such features, they still botch it by either making it too watered down, too without consequence, or with oddities such as the uniqueness being based on a Sims location or club status. (Realm of Magic, Eco-Living, City Living's lot traits, Snowy Escape, Get Together)
Scholar
#13 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 8:05 AM

I wouldn't agree that Eco Lifestyle is just confined to one neighborhood, you can make almost any world green or industrial, Like it or not there are NAPs to deal with almost everywhere which just makes Evergreen Harbor nothing special at all.
Theorist
#14 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 12:51 PM

I mean it's interesting enough for me to read about it and to wait and see exactly how they are going to screw this up (though I guess the cows/lamas hiding in the stalls and coming out only when you interact with them is a good start)
Still not gonna buy it.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 1:15 PM

So do you think everyone should be excited about the new EP?
Based on experience, people doubt it is reasonable.
I won't say it is a bad pack, but I won't buy it for $40.

Taiwan Soul!
Scholar
#16 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 5:56 PM
I get excited by a concept of a pack, and then there's always something limiting or incomplete or just simply unfinished that sticks out like an eyesore, and the possibility for true excitement fizzles away like a fart in a storm. And all the bugs, don't get me started on the bugs.
I WANT to like the packs so much, but they just won't let me.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Inventor
#17 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 7:52 PM

Yeah. Almost forgot why I stopped my activity on this forum. Jeez. Reading all these comments makes me so depressed lol.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 11:00 PM

I never liked Get Together, just some of the gameplay objects. Clubs are nice and they can create some very fun things and workarounds for things we're missing (like BUSINESSES), but if you don't use clubs, what do you have? Cafes (you can manage) and stuff to do in lots we already had with the base game.

Compare to Nightlife, the second EP of TS2 and quintessential expansion pack. So much content that enhances every part of the game for most age groups.

Same with Ambition: If you don't get a new career, there still other activities to engage in. You don't even need to go to Twinbrook to engage in the content. A bunch of new careers introduce new gameplay as well outside of getting a job. It's nice.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#19 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 11:07 PM Last edited by Eehna : 13th Jun 2021 at 11:18 PM.
It will be the same with this pack as with so many others - it looks nice and pretty and has features that stirrs peoples emotions and imagination, but there will be so many bugs and so little depth that it's not even silly-funny any more.

At this point, I'm only ever "excited" about build mode items, because building is pretty much the ony thing I use Sims4 for. That pond tool is very welcome back.

I will build many cosy little cottages, that's for sure.
Won't shear that many llamas though, nah-ah.
Inventor
#20 Old 14th Jun 2021 at 12:46 AM
I never liked Get Together, just some of the gameplay objects. Clubs are nice and they can create some very fun things and workarounds for things we're missing (like BUSINESSES), but if you don't use clubs, what do you have? Cafes (you can manage) and stuff to do in lots we already had with the base game.

Compare to Nightlife, the second EP of TS2 and quintessential expansion pack. So much content that enhances every part of the game for most age groups.

Same with Ambition: If you don't get a new career, there still other activities to engage in. You don't even need to go to Twinbrook to engage in the content. A bunch of new careers introduce new gameplay as well outside of getting a job. It's nice.

Every TS4 EP is a huge downgrade compared to its Sims 2 and 3 counterparts. Even Seasons, arguably the best EP released so far, lacks some weather types such as hail, snow depth and more seasonal activities.

I think it's best to compare Sims 4 packs to other Sims 4 to determine how good they are.
Smeg Head
#21 Old 14th Jun 2021 at 5:22 AM
I cannot imagine anyone out there with the name of Debbie takes kindly to such insensitive, stereotypical pigeon-holing. Have a care.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Scholar
#22 Old 14th Jun 2021 at 6:13 AM

Didn't you ask people's opinion? Now you've got it, they are "Debbie downers", whatever that is, Dark Devious Fox.

The best thing about a good thing is that it inspires a better thing. ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Field Researcher
#23 Old 14th Jun 2021 at 9:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
I get excited by a concept of a pack, and then there's always something limiting or incomplete or just simply unfinished that sticks out like an eyesore, and the possibility for true excitement fizzles away like a fart in a storm. And all the bugs, don't get me started on the bugs.
I WANT to like the packs so much, but they just won't let me.

You took the words from my mouth cause this is my thoughts but at the same time it's sad I really want to feel more positive about this game than I mostly do...

"Black is such a happy color" - Morticia Addams
Mad Poster
#24 Old 14th Jun 2021 at 1:53 PM
I ain't super excited. What's there to get excited about? Cows and chicken that we all get that act like in TS3? Shouldn't sequals do better and be upgrades? Equivalent of playing with babies we have in the sims 4. Even the rabbit isn't a pet, despite the popular fan request to make them. So yay for bare minimum? Spend on itand get excited if you want. My feelings towards it are valid as yours. I rather play horses around the world any day in exchange of those dull animals that most likely will be ruined by buggy engine and glitches lol. A llama does a one funny interaction and protects a chicken from a fox that won't even get turned into chicken at the end in this de facto E rated game doesn't convince me why I should turn to this game at all.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 14th Jun 2021 at 3:28 PM
Excited isn't the word I'd use. Mildly looking forward to having a world that looks like it jumped out of an episode of Emmerdale would be more accurate. I won't be buying it until it's gone live on the digital gaming sites where it will be cheaper.

Still no ferrets though. Why does EA hate ferrets so much?

.:: B2SIMS.com ::.
Page 1 of 3