Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2021 at 11:34 PM
Default Family Friends for Work
I know that there are mods that eliminate needing friends for promotions, and I'll take it if there aren't any options, but what I want is what the Prima guide suggested:
as long as a sim is not in the household, they count as a friend count for promotion.
Even if they're related.
Because in Veronaville, of course there's going to be rampant nepotism. Why can't fostering good relations with family help your career there? I think it should!
Is there a way to remove the check for family flags, or however else the game discriminates against families?

I'm a young adult in poor health, trying to heal enough to complete my goals.
This is the song that never ends ~ It goes on and on my friends ~
my first ToT Challenge (which is actually indefinitely hiatus, I'm in a different TOT hood now)
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 21st Jun 2021 at 12:56 AM
The game does that ? If your cousin, say Miranda, who lives on a different lot, is also your friend, are you saying she doesn't count as a friend in the needed-for-promotions-friends count ?
Alchemist
#3 Old 21st Jun 2021 at 2:59 AM
Agree with Lili975--the game should already do that. It just doesn't count sims twice. So with the Capps for example. If Regan is friends with Consort, friend count doesn't increase if Cornwall and Kent also become friends with Consort. Consort only gets counted as a friend once.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Jun 2021 at 3:46 AM
Yeah, my game doesn't do that. I thought it was a common problem, seeing as another member also had the same issue. And yet another on gamefaqs. Based on those threads, it seems like a common issue.

I noticed because in Veronaville, almost everyone is related to each other. And I was playing Regan, Cornwall, and Kent. And none of their friends counted.
(Well, what friends they had left, which wasn't many, since relations had decayed long before I played this family.)
(They were a sorry sight.)
And even after I patched up with Regan's sister Goneril because I hoped that I could get a family friend back, but their friends-until-promotion remained stubbornly, consistently high.
(And my fortune sims languished, rolling the same Make A Friend want over and over because they wanted to get promoted haha.)

I already know that friends are shared across the household, so I promise I'm not double counting.
My game genuinely doesn't recognize relatives at all as friends, despite being from different households.

I'm a young adult in poor health, trying to heal enough to complete my goals.
This is the song that never ends ~ It goes on and on my friends ~
my first ToT Challenge (which is actually indefinitely hiatus, I'm in a different TOT hood now)
Alchemist
#5 Old 21st Jun 2021 at 6:55 PM
Hmm, then perhaps I have a mod that changes the behavior--I'll have to double check.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 21st Jun 2021 at 7:19 PM
Or perhaps Nottakenaway has a mod that changes that. I never noticed that family discrimination either. I'll have to test it first chance I get.

For reference, and even though the guides sometimes are wrong, here's what the Prima Guide for BG says:
If a Sim is friends with a blood relative who does not live in the household, that relative counts as a friend for job purposes. They are members of the Sim’s “family” (as in “blood relation”) but not part of the Sim’s “family” (as in “a Sim who lives on the same lot”).
Mad Poster
#7 Old 21st Jun 2021 at 7:41 PM
Family have never counted as friends for jobs in the game. The Prima Guide is wrong about most things, this is no exception.
Scholar
#8 Old 21st Jun 2021 at 10:49 PM
The Prima Guide is definitely wrong there. Family not counting as friends for promotion is vanilla behaviour.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 12:50 AM
I had to test it and, indeed, friend sisters in two different lots do not count as friends for work, what do you know.

I'm sorry I wasted your time, I wish I could make up for it by finding the mod you're looking for, but alas...
It sounds like the kind of stuff Cyjon would have modified, but I checked his mods and it's not.