Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jul 2021 at 7:31 PM
Default Don't delete my items, please!
Is there a mod that prevents the TRAP of the deleting of all the items that are marked for sale when you shut down the business?
I can't tell you how many times I've forgotten to unmark every (single) item before I did that, and I hate it so much. I'd rather start the play session over than have to buy everything again. I was just about to save too.
Or does anyone know how to make one? I don't know how to make a hack from scratch, I just know how to edit them.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Jul 2021 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
Is there a mod that prevents the TRAP of the deleting of all the items that are marked for sale when you shut down the business?
I can't tell you how many times I've forgotten to unmark every (single) item before I did that, and I hate it so much. I'd rather start the play session over than have to buy everything again. I was just about to save too.
Or does anyone know how to make one? I don't know how to make a hack from scratch, I just know how to edit them.

When I played a home business I never had that happen.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jul 2021 at 8:12 PM
Well, that doesn't help me! Lol

Mad Poster
#4 Old 8th Jul 2021 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
Well, that doesn't help me! Lol

You have a mod most likely doing it to you.

So make sure all your OFB mods are up to date for your latest EP/SP.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Alchemist
#5 Old 8th Jul 2021 at 10:59 PM
I don't think I've seen that either. But I guess it would make sense for a home business. May I ask why you're making such a large business on a residential lot instead of using a community lot? I don't think that behavior happens on a community lot, but you can test it. Either way, if you build your mall as a comm lot, you can make a copy/save it to the lot bin, and then have your sims purchase it. That way, if anything gets deleted, you have a copy of the lot--you just have to set items for sale. Oh, I suppose you could build it as an unoccupied residential lot, too, and keep a copy of that.

Also, I would recommend manually unmarking the items for sale, if you want them to still be available after the business is shut down. Not sure why you would want to keep things set for sale after shutting down the business, but, in any case, usually when you set up a business lot that you can save and use later, you don't set the items for sale. The new owner has to manually do that, and I don't think I've seen a mod that changes that behavior, or makes it so that home business items are kept after shutting down. In a way, it does make sense that the game deletes it--if the household used a wholesale discount to buy the items, for example, you wouldn't get to use that for household goods.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Jul 2021 at 7:26 AM
Oh, I don't think it's a mod doing that to me, it has always been that way when you're shutting down a business (not talking about closing for the day), I mean shutting down it at level 10 so that I can start over at level 0 and earn more business perks on the same lot. You get a warning popup that tells you that all items will be sold (but I just forgot and clicked it away). Most of the time I remember to unmark everything for sale, but that also takes time to do every time so I ether wanted a mod that unmarks everything for sale at once or that prevents the selling altogether. Or that can transfer the ownership to another sim and start over at level 0. But it seems like neither exist then... Is there really no one else that plays like me?

I use residential lots because time doesn't pass on community lots, I always want time to pass. Also they can't go to work from a community lot.
It makes sense that they'd sell all items if you don't plan to open the business again 5 seconds after you've shut it down Again, it's just so that I can start over at level 0 and earn perks again.

Alchemist
#7 Old 10th Jul 2021 at 1:44 AM
Ah, I see now! No, I don't usually play that way. Getting all the perks again is actually a pretty cool idea, but that never occurred to me. If I wanted more money--I'm assuming you want to get the money perks again--I'd just open a ticket machine business. Once my sim earns a gold sales badge, I use Dazzle to charge obscene amounts of money (ok, like $1,000). Then I sit back and play on 3 speed until they make however much I wanted them to make, and then I close the business and never ever visit it again.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Jul 2021 at 12:20 PM
It's actually so that I can earn all 25 perks instead of just 10.