Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#126 Old 1st Oct 2007 at 12:31 AM
1.10 gb. I've been trying super hard to downsize but I really want everyone not to have the same furnishings. I did cut it back from like 6000 downloads to about half that though.

edit: wiped clothes and hair folders clean then re downloaded hairs i use and almost all and only migamoo clothes and have gotten in down to 820mb
Advertisement
#127 Old 3rd Oct 2007 at 4:42 PM
4.64GB I'm trying to clean it out really I am but it is soo hard :weep: I think I will just delete the folder and uh try again.
Lab Assistant
#128 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 6:28 PM
289 MB. Oh yeah, do I have self-control or what? It's so hard to have all my Sims in mostly Maxis clothes, though! I think that's what I miss the most. I used to have so many downloads that my game hardly worked, but when my computer was reimaged I looked at it as a chance to start over. The game now loads in about five minutes, as opposed to about 30 minuted before the reimage.
Forum Resident
#129 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 6:38 PM
477mb and they are all organized into sub folders... yea..pretty good. loads up in 2 minutes..
Lab Assistant
#130 Old 5th Oct 2007 at 3:04 AM
Size 3.18 GB

Size on Disc 3.20 GB

Contains 16,867 Files
1,243 Folders

I know I have a downloading problem

LaTasha

I have tried, but have failed. What else is there for me do do?
Top Secret Researcher
#131 Old 5th Oct 2007 at 4:49 AM
My bodyshop downloads are now 1.04 GB 2676 files 278 folders.

It took 3-4 days clearing them out and organising folders , adding pics e.t.c Before that it was double that size and a complete mess.

Now i have to clean out my buy/build main folder.
Which is currently 1.27 GB 4.795 files.Need to cut that to half and organise it, but that will take time .

You will find my older and newest creations here
Lab Assistant
#132 Old 5th Oct 2007 at 6:47 AM
I have a slight downloading problem too...lol

Size : 3.66 GB

Size on Disc : 3.67 GB

Contains : 9,290 files, 37 files
Former Incubator of Tiberius
retired moderator
#133 Old 5th Oct 2007 at 6:55 AM
807MBs of CC, most of it recolours of Maxis items to be quite honest, skins and Holy Simoly Stuff!

BP - I have sub-folders to labeled by Creator (LOL)

SIXAMSIMS @ TUMBLR
SIXAMSIMS @ LJ
- S2/S3 Sims For Download
Tiberius Arthur Glover - 06/09/09 / Atticus Oliver Leigh Glover - 08/12/09
Top Secret Researcher
#134 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 11:58 PM
I admire all of you with less than 1GB! I'm very picky about CC quality-wise, but I have 1.85GBs in my game right now. With my new computer (yay for new computers!), it loads just fine in a couple of minutes, so I'm not planning major cleaning-out anytime soon.

retired moderator
#135 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by linuslover30
BP - I have sub-folders to labeled by Creator (LOL)

I only have a couple subfolders named for creators (migamoo and HP), but I really should just rename my "Sims" subfolder to "Keely's Sims and Stuff"

Formerly known as boolPropped
Test Subject
#136 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 12:09 AM
116MB (: after a reinstallation. Just a bit of make-up and the defaults (skins/eyes). I'm very happy with it so far... Maxis stuff isn't that horrible.
#137 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 5:24 AM
I have 14195 files, which would be 4.78 GBs taking up 4.81 GBs of disk space with 80 GBs of capacity...

I really need to do some spring cleaning... pronto! XD
#138 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 6:42 AM
Right now I have 46 Downloads which takes up 18.8 mb. I have about 9 hairstyles for the ladies and like 1 for the boys! I got one livingroom set which is amazing! I got a modern plant and a bedset. And I have two clothing pieces for the ladies 'n' none for the guys! I may download a nursery and some stairs but I'm a little bit busy see?
haha
retired moderator
#139 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 7:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by boolPropped
I only have a couple subfolders named for creators (migamoo and HP), but I really should just rename my "Sims" subfolder to "Keely's Sims and Stuff"

Well what I am about to tell you make me a tad anal....

I have every folder marked with the creators name. I am diligent about it. This way if I want to remove a folder because I am not using the items inside I can store it outside the downloads folder and in my *Sims Stuff* folder.

This being said.....it's the only place in my life that I am truly organized, this in turn makes me insane, but there you have it.

SIXAMSIMS @ TUMBLR
SIXAMSIMS @ LJ
retired moderator
#140 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 7:46 AM
This way if I want to remove a folder because I am not using the items inside I can store it outside the downloads folder and in my *Sims Stuff* folder.

No freaking way. I do the same thing, and I have a folder named "Sims Stuff" !!! Ive come to realize that we are all a little insane here.

Quote: Originally posted by DiamonteGirl
Right now I have 46 Downloads which takes up 18.8 mb.

WOW! Now thats self-control

Formerly known as boolPropped
retired moderator
#141 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 7:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by boolPropped
No freaking way. I do the same thing, and I have a folder named "Sims Stuff" !!! Ive come to realize that we are all a little insane here.

Sim Stuff, it's very succinct isn't it? I couldn't think of anything better though.

SIXAMSIMS @ TUMBLR
SIXAMSIMS @ LJ
Test Subject
#142 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 9:10 AM
I have 2.80gb, 9.103 files. Imagine what I'd be like if I wasn't on dial up!
My grandkids are envious and all want to play on my pc, yes I'm probably the oldest Sim player ever.... at 66yrs.
So you can all call me G'ma
Test Subject
#143 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 9:26 AM
... not enough. XD I never have enough. And heck, it's free, so why not!? (addict much??) I have 2.08 gigs, 7,122 files. Which is divided up into well over 300 folders. And I can find any object in my downloads folders at the drop of a hat. *happy sigh* The wonders of organization....
Field Researcher
#144 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 1:38 PM

I have every folder marked with the creators name. I am diligent about it. This way if I want to remove a folder because I am not using the items inside I can store it outside the downloads folder and in my *Sims Stuff* folder.

I too have a SimStuff folder on desktop. It mostly has pictures, stuff I've made, and SimPE and the Compressorizer.
#145 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 2:11 PM
I have a Sims Stuff folder too.

My Downloads folder is 2.07 GB. I've been trying to keep it under 2 gigs. I'm quite picky about what goes into my DL folder and even pickier about what stays there, so lately I haven't downloaded anything that doesn't look great, as I'd probably end up deleting it anyway...

I'm also quite organized with my downloads (I have 149 subfolders), I hate not knowing where a certain file is or what it is. I try to rename the files that don't have a proper name, so that I'll know where I got it or who made it. I also have an Unsorted folder, where all the new stuff goes, and if I'm happy with how it looks in game, I'll put it in the right folders.
Test Subject
#146 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 2:15 PM
I have 3889 Downloads, I deleted most of my stuff when I reinstalled my gme. Whch is 921 Go. All of them organised in 243 folders.
My dad says I am an control/organisation freak, but I can't help it.
Lab Assistant
#147 Old 8th Oct 2007 at 5:30 PM
I have 2.37 GB, 7.982 files and 283 folders! I used to have 11 GB, if that is even possible, but with every EP that comes, more cc goes.
Test Subject
#148 Old 8th Oct 2007 at 8:47 PM
roughly 5000 +/-

^_Q
#149 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 12:04 PM
Maybe about 1000, and my downloads folder is a complete mess. Most of the downloads are clothes.
Test Subject
#150 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 12:45 PM
I have 2.46 GB and 7,935 Files. And they are all in ONE big folder named Downloads...
Page 6 of 81