Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#1976 Old 23rd Sep 2021 at 1:24 PM
i had tons before i started creating recolors and meshes . i modified things which i liked and created variations of them. Rest which i didnt use i deleted them. for example if i liked a dress for my fit chick body shape sim and the originall one is in different body shape. ill convert it to use for the desired body shape. So basically its me micro managing which cc's should show up in inventory or bodyshop. Now most of my data is in 'Savedsims' rather than in 'downloads' folder.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#1977 Old 1st Nov 2021 at 11:14 PM
8277 file
2,98 gb
753 folders

Please, sorry for my bad English..
Forum Resident
#1978 Old 2nd Nov 2021 at 12:31 AM
2.55 GB and that's half due to hundreds of outfits and skintones CC that I made, altered, or recolored. The other half can be contributed to mods.
Top Secret Researcher
#1979 Old 2nd Nov 2021 at 12:53 AM
6.60 GB in my game right now.

My Simblr
He/They
Field Researcher
#1980 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 12:47 AM
5.07 GB at the moment. Mostly custom hair.

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Forum Resident
#1981 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 2:19 AM
1.01 Gb.

I am Error.
Field Researcher
#1982 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 4:32 AM
My Sims 2 Downloads folder is only 32 MB. LOL!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1983 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 4:55 AM
About 14gigs in my modern game, 12gigs in my medieval. Don't know how people manage with a handful of files.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#1984 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 11:30 AM
With my relatively modest folder size, just thinking about having several times more of it makes me overwhelmed. I'm a minimalist at heart. I like to keep a very curated collection. With mods, I'm very selective about what I add, mostly corruption-preventing stuff and things to remove annoyances. With things like hair and clothes, I don't need a huge number of it being around at the same time since I don't have a lot of households, especially since I use a lot of the Maxis clothes. I remove stuff constantly and introduce new cc a little at a time instead. Focusing on a small number of characters at a time certain styles get so associated with specific that I won't use them for anyone else in the future anyway.

I am Error.
Test Subject
#1985 Old 30th Nov 2021 at 9:51 PM
55.5 GB in my game right now.
Top Secret Researcher
#1986 Old 30th Nov 2021 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AyaneKitsuki

How long does it take your game to start?

My Simblr
He/They
Test Subject
#1987 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedjr89
How long does it take your game to start?

First screen is loading about 40-50 min
Then family is loading about 20 min

I can do a lot of stuff, while it's loading, like have a dinner or take a shower, haha :D
Mad Poster
#1988 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 12:58 AM
First screen is loading about 40-50 min
Then family is loading about 20 min

I can do a lot of stuff, while it's loading, like have a dinner or take a shower, haha :D

I wish I had your patience... I can barely deal with the 3 minute load time I have currently.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Forum Resident
#1989 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 4:25 AM
Wow! 55 minutes to load sims 2? Mine loads in about 5 minutes. 2 minutes if there's nothing else running. Then I shut it down and restart it and it takes 30 seconds because the resources are already loaded. And I have a lot of mods and CC and a crappy laptop.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1990 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 4:58 AM

How do you not have pink flashing?

That is the only reason I now only have 14 gigs ugh.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#1991 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
How do you not have pink flashing?

That is the only reason I now only have 14 gigs ugh.

Oh, I have it, but not only after loading screen There are different ways to see pink flashing and different ways to avoid it.
For example, I always have all previews of every object/recolour/hair/cloth/etc. in my Thumbnails folder
Also I avoid a neighborhood decor and lots with more than 4 floors. It's my choice to have a lot of stuff and use less deco in a hood. Of course there are other subtleties.
I have 15 suburbs, 4 university and 2 downtowns in my Megahood.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#1992 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 7:13 PM
Currently 11 GB and with very basic things for me. When I'm done making custom neighborhoods and playing normally again, I'm sure that number will grow. About the pink flashing ... it still appears if load a lot of heavy lots, or I change to lot, neighborhood or family so many times, whether they have cc or not. With a little care I can play normally and go to many community lots, the key is understand what causes the overload ... I guess when I'm done with my projects, I'll reconfigure the game with the new fixes that came out this year, to see if I can make it work better.
Mad Poster
#1993 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 8:04 PM
Around 5GB
That includes the Ultimate Fruit Collection from Sun and Moon, which may be the biggest folder.
However, I did threw out some very nice cc (apart from walls and floors that I am convinced I will use some day) because I have not used it in years. And I need to replace my default clothing, since when I removed it to try other defaults, my folder was apparently deleted by somebody (me).
I don't mind the loading time, or that. I mind looking through a hundred pics or even collection folders trying to find something
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1994 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Around 5GB
That includes the Ultimate Fruit Collection from Sun and Moon, which may be the biggest folder.
However, I did threw out some very nice cc (apart from walls and floors that I am convinced I will use some day) because I have not used it in years. And I need to replace my default clothing, since when I removed it to try other defaults, my folder was apparently deleted by somebody (me).
I don't mind the loading time, or that. I mind looking through a hundred pics or even collection folders trying to find something

I stick that sort of thing into my large folder for keeping. Just a folder someplace like desktop. Unless you desperately need the hard drive space it really doesn't take much to store outside of the game.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#1995 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 8:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I stick that sort of thing into my large folder for keeping. Just a folder someplace like desktop. Unless you desperately need the hard drive space it really doesn't take much to store outside of the game.

Yes, I do keep them in a folder named Sims 2 Extra Stuff. Especially since, when I may need it some day, the site and the creator may be gone. That is where my clothing defaults folder should have been too
I just don't like to take out the walls and floors, because, at times, I just want to quickly change the look of a room because I - I mean, my sims - are tired of looking at it
Field Researcher
#1996 Old 19th Dec 2021 at 9:41 PM
7942 file
2,81 gb
715 folders

Test Subject
#1997 Old 27th Dec 2021 at 1:46 PM
1gb but I managed to downsize it to 500 mb, but sometimes the game doesn't pick up some things...
Inventor
#1998 Old 4th Jan 2022 at 6:32 AM
Hardy any content. I have 5 megabytes in the Downloads directory of mostly Bhav mods, unlocked outfits, a fridge and a sink. A few houses in the lot catalog around 20 megabytes. I feel intimidated by graphics formats and models, and find that they provide little value per byte spent. Custom people usually have oily, specular skin in a different style from stock, and houses come in formats that extract a bunch of packages with hexadecimal digits into my Downloads that take time to sort out.
Field Researcher
#1999 Old 9th Apr 2022 at 10:20 AM Last edited by Nightlight : 9th Apr 2022 at 10:32 AM.
Little update

At the moment I have:

- 7104 file
- 2,57 gb
- 611 folders

Field Researcher
#2000 Old 9th Apr 2022 at 3:40 PM
I have 27.5 gb ATM and still can't stop always being on the lookout for new CC
Page 80 of 81