Replies: 12143 (Who?), Viewed: 1528073 times.
Page 485 of 486
Forum Resident
#12101 Old 29th Aug 2021 at 5:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromon
I discovered recently that with testingcheats on, you can shift click on a lot and have "season" options. I'm not sure if this is just testingcheat or of some mod I have. But this is so cool... you can instantly change all the weather conditions, rain, hail, and you can even have winter season with snow but change the temperature to 200!

Yep, those are testingcheats that come with Seasons. Before I got a mod to lower the intensity of it, I used to use those all the time to stop the endless waves of snow that kept falling in every world.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Scholar
#12102 Old 30th Aug 2021 at 3:17 AM Last edited by Elynda : 30th Aug 2021 at 8:24 AM.
Wish I'd known about that before. Ever since I installed Seasons it's been rain, rain and more feckin' rain! And then snow! I've had kids who have hardly ever been to school because every day is a snow day. And then they get scolded by their parents for skipping school on trip day. ("Hey Mom, look out the window! Never mind global warming, it's the feckin' Ice Age out there!") Sims are just crazy. And no wonder: its the goddamn weather that drives them round the bend. It does me. Pardon my rant.

Anyway, what did I discover today? Well, I finally managed to fix an invisible sim. Debug Enabler 'Fix Invisible Sims', never seems to work for me. An invisible magician has been haunting Gladbridge-upon-Stowe ever since I finished populating it. He was usually not to be seen at the cemetery. The trouble was finding out exactly who he was? Well, I couldn't click on him, but I could click on the wand he was using. I then discovered that I could use Debug Enabler 'Who Am I' to determine who was using it. So, finally, he had a name: Geraldo Sinclair. I was then able to use Master Controller to pop him into CAS and get a look at him. And when I went back into live mode there was Geraldo, visible at last!

Now, go home Geraldo! Nobody wants to stand in the cemetery all night watching you perform card tricks. Especially with all this rain we've been having.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Instructor
#12103 Old 30th Aug 2021 at 8:21 PM
I just wanted to play the sims 3 without stores,mods, custom sims I made and cc so I played in Appaloosa Plains (a world I cherrish too) . I did not the dad to be can have wish preference for the sex of the baby to come, the daddy wanted a an other boy. That's fantastic ! I never played with pregnant sims in a household before.
And the so much variety of unicorn the game has. I had one full black in Appallossa Plains, in some worlds they got different colours.

TS3 forever ^^ 10 years and I am always amazed !!

I am back with a new blog : http://simlishliars.canalblog.com/ ...Thank you for the visit.
Forum Resident
#12104 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 2:30 PM
I had this thing where I wasn't able to have my two Sims flirt. One would flirt but the other wouldn't flirt back. Nothing was wrong and she even had a promised wish to kiss him. Then I figured out that it was the Betrayed moodlet she had (from another relationship). I deleted it using cheats and the flirting worked after that! So I guess Sims with the betrayed moodlet can't flirt, even with a different Sim than the one that cheated? Has anyone else tried this?
Instructor
#12105 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 9:45 PM
I discovered that the corner cornice pieces are bugged and turn dark when placed against a wall, ruining my medieval build.

Mad Poster
#12106 Old 1st Sep 2021 at 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorsal Axe
I discovered that the corner cornice pieces are bugged and turn dark when placed against a wall, ruining my medieval build.

Hmm... when I get a chance, I'll take a look. I use those before in previous builds in University, but I've never seen this. I only use them for rooftop though, I've never tried it as a frieze... perhaps that's the problem.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#12107 Old 1st Sep 2021 at 4:19 AM
Quote:

You might try moving the corner pieces out and putting them back in or if that doesn't work possibly using move objects cheats to move corner pieces ever so slightly(like really incremental) diagonally away from building.
Instructor
#12108 Old 1st Sep 2021 at 6:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fascisthater
You might try moving the corner pieces out and putting them back in or if that doesn't work possibly using move objects cheats to move corner pieces ever so slightly(like really incremental) diagonally away from building.

Sounded like a good suggestion so I gave it a go, but unfortunately you have to move it quite a far out for it to appear normally. It seems that one of the back sides can touch the wall without issue, but not both.
Mad Poster
#12109 Old 2nd Sep 2021 at 12:34 AM
Quote:
Sounded like a good suggestion so I gave it a go, but unfortunately you have to move it quite a far out for it to appear normally. It seems that one of the back sides can touch the wall without issue, but not both.

This really should go into the builder's forum. Delete the corner frieze and just replace with floors to cover the holes. Then place the thingie back.

Problem:

Fix:

Result:

----------------

In fact, see this problem:

Remove the whole outer frieze:

Result:
Screenshots

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Instructor
#12110 Old 2nd Sep 2021 at 12:57 AM Last edited by cutsocks : 2nd Sep 2021 at 1:12 AM.
Quote:

What is actually happening is that the corner cornice pieces think they are inside in a sealed room with no lights. And technically they are, which is why they are dark. They are behaving according to inside lighting. The issue we can change is the sealed room. So if the frieze level is made with the frieze cheat and foundation tool, delete the frieze sections on each corner. If your frieze level is made with CFE walls, delete a wall section so the frieze level is no longer a sealed room. I prefer to build frieze levels with CFE walls because of this issue.

Why they are this way? I have no idea. Had they put a little more thought into it, EA could have made cornice pieces objects that attach to walls (instead of floors) that could be shifted up and down. Then cornices would be like 1000 times more versatile.

EDIT: Gah, I must be the slowest poster ever. Whilst trying to explain things without pictures, Nitroman has the solution and a presented a problem (and the fix) that I had forgotten about.
Mad Poster
#12111 Old 2nd Sep 2021 at 3:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutsocks
EDIT: Gah, I must be the slowest poster ever. Whilst trying to explain things without pictures, Nitroman has the solution and a presented a problem (and the fix) that I had forgotten about.

hehe, well I didn't bother with the detailed explanation, I was just like here you go.

Sanity is overrated.

There. Mystery solved.
Alchemist
#12112 Old 2nd Sep 2021 at 12:59 PM
Quote:

Ruined? You think medieval buildings like that were picture perfect irl? I think it looks even more realistic now

what does his name even mean?
Mad Poster
#12113 Old 2nd Sep 2021 at 5:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGarden
Ruined? You think medieval buildings like that were picture perfect irl? I think it looks even more realistic now

Corrective eyeglasses and contact lenses couldn't have been very prevalent back then either. Just imagine what these buildings must have looked like to the general population with far less than perfect vision at the time!
Inventor
#12114 Old 2nd Sep 2021 at 7:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by igazor
Just imagine what these buildings must have looked like to the general population with far less than perfect vision at the time!

They would have looked better. I know I always look way nicer to myself in the mirror if my glasses are off. Astigmatism is like a nice blurry beauty filter slapped on life.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Mad Poster
#12115 Old 2nd Sep 2021 at 8:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurderPrincessK
Astigmatism is like a nice blurry beauty filter slapped on life.

And the sky actually IS a different color in our little world, for those of us who can manage to see it at all, with thanks going to those whom I know were about to ask.
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
retired moderator
#12116 Old 2nd Sep 2021 at 9:19 PM
Quote:
And the sky actually IS a different color in our little world, for those of us who can manage to see it at all,

I quite often fall in love with people across a crowded room, and then when I put my glasses on I realise the error of my ways!

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -RADIO- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Mad Poster
#12117 Old 2nd Sep 2021 at 9:22 PM Last edited by nitromon : 2nd Sep 2021 at 9:46 PM.
I think you guys are not giving ancient people their due credits. I mean, much of what we see today of ruins such as in Egypt, Greece, Rome, back in their prime were the "modern" marvels of the time. They were clean, prestigious, etc...

Eventually everything age and if they're not kept in condition, they'll look like crap, even things in the modern age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
I quite often fall in love with people across a crowded room, and then when I put my glasses on I realise the error of my ways!

Ahh... it was... 12-13 years ago, I was on a subway in Seoul returning home after work late in the evening. Surprisingly the subway was full and I was just sitting there looking out the window. In Korea, everyone is stuck on their phones, minding their own business on the subway. Nobody even talks, like a cabin full of zombies. As I stared out the window into the dark night, in the reflection I noticed a pair of eyes staring at me.

When I turned around, I saw a young beautiful girl, still in her high school uniform. And that moment our eyes met, as if time itself stopped. I don't know how long we stared at each other, but like that time snapped back and she quickly looked down and blushed. I smiled as we sat across each other in awkward silence.

A few stops later, she got off, turning around and looked at me one last time before she walked out that door. I never saw her again, but that look on her face... stayed with me all these years.

Took me a while to find this, but like this:

Sanity is overrated.

There. Mystery solved.
Instructor
#12118 Old 2nd Sep 2021 at 10:19 PM
Quote:
This really should go into the builder's forum. Delete the corner frieze and just replace with floors to cover the holes. Then place the thingie back.

Problem:

Fix:

Result:

----------------

In fact, see this problem:

Remove the whole outer frieze:

Result:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutsocks
What is actually happening is that the corner cornice pieces think they are inside in a sealed room with no lights. And technically they are, which is why they are dark. They are behaving according to inside lighting. The issue we can change is the sealed room. So if the frieze level is made with the frieze cheat and foundation tool, delete the frieze sections on each corner. If your frieze level is made with CFE walls, delete a wall section so the frieze level is no longer a sealed room. I prefer to build frieze levels with CFE walls because of this issue.

Why they are this way? I have no idea. Had they put a little more thought into it, EA could have made cornice pieces objects that attach to walls (instead of floors) that could be shifted up and down. Then cornices would be like 1000 times more versatile.

Doh, I can't believe I did not think to do this! Such an obvious solution in hindsight, and I'm using a level skip marker for the frieze level so no one will ever see those gaps anyway.

Thank you both, it looks perfect now. :D

(also did you know that using level skip markers in every building in town makes it way nicer to view inside of them)
Mad Poster
#12119 Old 2nd Sep 2021 at 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample

You're doing just fine if this action is still reserved for people though. Have you ever started to ask what turned out to be a statue or a coat rack to dance or if they would like a drink from the bar?

Quote:
...A few stops later, she got off, turning around and looked at me one last time before she walked out that door. I never saw her again, but that look on her face... stayed with me all these years

That's a sweet story. But If I had been the one telling it, it probably would have ended with an admission that apparently I forgot to put my trousers on again before leaving the house that morning.
Mad Poster
#12120 Old 3rd Sep 2021 at 12:57 AM
Quote:
apparently I forgot to put my trousers on again before leaving the house that morning.

That only happens in dreams, right?! err...

Sanity is overrated.

There. Mystery solved.
Field Researcher
#12121 Old 3rd Sep 2021 at 2:16 AM
My Scientist sim Earned enough lifetime happiness points to get mermaid kelp. After eating it, I had her prepare potions at the chemistry lab, and she hasn't had an explosion once! (Methinks because mermaids cannot be singed)

EDIT: nevermind. She just had an explosion.
Scholar
#12122 Old 5th Sep 2021 at 12:44 AM
I discovered today that, even if you have the celebrity system deactivated, sims can still be publicly disgraced.

Some of mine are currently visiting France, and when they are staying at a base camp I always make sure to have it deactivated, because paparazzi have a bad habit of coming into rooms and standing there all night, taking pictures and scribbling things on a pad. I did briefly re-activate it earlier on, so one of them could get a discount on an incense burner (normally around 1250 freaking simoleons for one of those things! But she got it for free - just for being famous). But, anyway, the system was definitely deactivated when the supposed 'offense' took place. And what was this heinous crime? Woohooing in public. Oh FFS they were in an upstairs bedroom at the base camp, I don't call that very public!

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Mad Poster
#12123 Old 5th Sep 2021 at 2:57 AM Last edited by igazor : 5th Sep 2021 at 5:00 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elynda
And what was this heinous crime? Woohooing in public. Oh FFS they were in an upstairs bedroom at the base camp, I don't call that very public!

You may have noticed this, but Base Camp is a Community Lot designation. Any expectations of privacy are a mere fantasy. If you want privacy, build an igloo, or use a leaf pile or an elevator in one of your fancy shmancy office buildings back home and stop insulting our wildly exaggerated local sensitivities.
Mad Poster
#12124 Old 5th Sep 2021 at 3:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elynda
I discovered today that, even if you have the celebrity system deactivated, sims can still be publicly disgraced.

I discovered even with celebrity system deactivated, there are jobs which still require celebrity levels. So you can't really escape from it.

Sanity is overrated.

There. Mystery solved.
Scholar
#12125 Old 5th Sep 2021 at 12:49 PM
To disable paparazzi:

NRaas > Register > Global Roles > Allow Paparazzi.
Change the default setting from "True" to "False"

Now even if you're a celebrity, there's nobody to hound you day and night. Mind you, there still are other inconveniences, such as being interrupted for an autograph or whatnot, but even those can be set to no autonomy in Retuner.
Page 485 of 486