Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims 3 Dashboard tool (Updated 1st July 2022: v1.3.8217.25892)

by Tashiketh Posted 15th Jan 2010 at 11:51 PM - Updated 1st Jul 2022 at 2:25 PM by Tashiketh

2153 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1627 Feedback Posts, 525 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 87
Test Subject
#26 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 4:55 AM
Running Vista 64 on one computer & Xp on the other, both With World Adventures on drive C: patched with V 1.8.23 or some such?
file ran fine in a sub folder on both computers with an exception of telling me i had no framework for WA on the vista machine, it tells me i have no corrupt files but i have installed
cyberopsallfoodalltimeswa.package
cyberopsnoweedand100percentrevivesucces100percentQualitywa.package
FruitAllBuyableAnywhereWA.package
Carrigon_NoRepomanHackTS3.package

I have all of a sudden experienced two bugs since installing these mods two days ago, the Dashboard tool is not picking up neither bug.

one being an invisible Repoman who does not leave the lot telling me when i close down the game that he is still taking my items, the other bug is all my veggies growing or fridge stocked with fruits and veggies have now disappeared along with what is in my Sims inventory.

the NoRepomanHack most likely is outdated? dunno? but shouldnt it still have picked it up? besides one of the other packages having a glitch?

Of course i have other files in like Hysterical's skintones and her no Custard face replacer and i can see all the barbies No-No's.

Home of most of my creations.

Custom Sims 3

http://www.sapphiresims2.com/
Test Subject
#27 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 5:02 AM
So I just ran the file and I am so surprised at how many blue lot corrupt files came up!! Not surprised because my game had become so slow in load time, wouldn't save and I haven't played in several days because it took me almost 2 hours for my game to load the last time I played! I also found like 25 Sims2 objects!!! That almost surprised me until I checked the dates and found most to be early on when the game was first released. Things weren't so tidy on some sites. All of Fresh Prince vehicles and I knew that I had a corrupt painting but almost every painting came up corrupt blue lot. I knew I had a bad picture because when I would try to click on a pic when decorating my game would crash. So now I need to find the blue lot fixer and run that and then run this file again!! Whew!!! Thanks Delphy for much that you do!!
*off to look for blue lot fixer*
Test Subject
#28 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 5:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShortyBoo
I just used this and it found several files that came up as Corrupt (Blue Lot), but what's strange is I use most of the objects regularly and I've never had the blue lot problem. I'll run them through the blue lot fixer just in case, though.

What I'm wondering about, though, is why did it pick up a hair file as a Corrupt (Blue Lot) file? I thought only certain objects caused it and it had to do with which object it was cloned from. So hair having this issue doesn't make much sense. The hair it's showing is the first male one from here. Does the Blue Lot Object Fixer even fix hair?

ShortyBoo I have ton's of Rose hairs that come up blue lot and was surprised. Even so I am going to run the blue lot fixer because some of that hair I use. I've not really experienced a huge blue lot problem only on a couple of game plays but it shows me how much was going on to make my game almost unplayable.
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 5:42 AM
Thank you! <3
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 5:55 AM
Good, I only have 1 bad file.

Thank you very much!
Test Subject
#31 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 5:57 AM
I can't locate the blue lot fixer. Can someone please tell me where it is and/or give a link please? I want to run it and then run dashboard again. Thanks!!
Field Researcher
#32 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 6:07 AM
HI, I am also getting the "corrupt file (blue lot)" with quite a few things that I am pretty sure aren't corrupt, like doors, windows and even cars. while I know these things work, I will continue to monitor them.

ClicknPsycho
Inventor
#33 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 6:14 AM
Thank you! With this tool I was able to identify a few files that hadn't previously caused blue lots but I know must have been causing slow down in the game, so I ran them through the blue lot fixer and the difference in my game is incredible. It was especially noticeable when trying to save and that time has significantly decreased.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 6:22 AM
I'd like to be able change where it's checking files, if that's possible. I've been compressing my .packages into a few big .packages, so I keep back ups of the individual files in a different place than the Sims directory.

So far this program is awesome! Thanx Delphy!! We love you!
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 6:32 AM
I'm not sure what this means, I just know it happened when I pressed refresh and wanted to let you see the error I'm getting.

See attached picture.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#36 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 6:58 AM
It told me I have 14 corrupt files.... but they are all things i have been using..with no problems....!? Also, I get a different error msg than the person above got:
Screenshots
Test Subject
#37 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 7:01 AM
thanks-thanks-thanks! I adore things you create!
there is only one error I found - on my computer "clear all" button causes program crash anyway, it's not difficult to delete cache files one by one.
thanks again!
Test Subject
#38 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 7:04 AM
and yes, i forgot to ask: does this tool check .sims3packs (at least, installed to DCBackup folder)? when I installed WA, I had a problem exactly in DCBackup and deleted all files from the folder
Test Subject
#39 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 7:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ciane
I don't know what I did wrong. I used jzip to unrar the package and double clicked on the .exe file. I get a message right away that there was a problem with the program and it had to be shut down. I have a vista 64.

I had the same problem, it does the same thing that the multi installer program does too. I restarted it and it worked for me.
Test Subject
#40 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 7:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Missa
I'm not sure what this means, I just know it happened when I pressed refresh and wanted to let you see the error I'm getting.

See attached picture.

I get the same message too, everytime it scan my folders.
Test Subject
#41 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 7:14 AM
I got the same problem as Helaene, it then said "Not Responding" and I had to end process through task manager.
Test Subject
#42 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 7:22 AM
Hey Missa, that error you are getting incase you havent figured out yet, your supposed to put it in your computer/program files/electronic arts/the sims 3(or sims 3 world adventures)/game/bin. it didnt get any errors after i placed those file in there.
Field Researcher
#43 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 7:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cecesaun1
I can't locate the blue lot fixer. Can someone please tell me where it is and/or give a link please? I want to run it and then run dashboard again. Thanks!!

Here is the link to the BlueLotFixer: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=381540

I hope Delphy puts it into the download section as well because I'm sure he's going to be asked to do so about a jillion times,
Banned
#44 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 8:41 AM
Alright, it's DEFINITELY not doing what it should be.

Here's what a town with non-corrupt(according to this) files:

The roads are 100 feet above the land which is 100 feet above the lots and deco. The camera is still situated on the land. also, that's sunset valley. Note that it is also riverview. At the same time.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 8:49 AM
I would like to see it read the Resource.cfg file to find all the files. I have no files in my Packages directory.

My Directory structure:

PackedFile Mods/Cloths/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Others/*.package
PackedFile Mods/MyMods/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Sliders/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Hair/*.package
PackedFile Mods/NRaas/*.package

Tim
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 9:04 AM
This Is really helpfull Thanks for takeing the time to make it ^_^
Test Subject
#47 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 9:06 AM
I don't understand how it works. What will hppen when I disable a file?
Will that file be deleted?
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 9:10 AM
Does this program also substitute for the Process Monitor, or will you still need to weed out the repeatedly loading packages? And will this also fix the corrupter blue lot packages like BLOF or merely identify them?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#49 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 9:13 AM
Yes, I'm answering for Delphy here, but meh, he's sitting right beside me, he can smack me if he's bothered by it. :P

Claeric - It doesn't detect ALL issues, just two specific ones (files cloned with S3OC that can cause the blue lot issue, and Sims 2 files). It's not a "detect everything that might possibly be wrong with everything" tool. There may still be other stuff going on. This doesn't do anything for world files - just stuff in Mods\Packages.

Martine - Evidence seems to point to the same file wonkyness that caused the Blue Lots thing causing the inexplicable slowdown with some TS3 content - but it's not 100% for sure yet, so... sort of? IMO, I'd still go ahead and periodically use Process Monitor just to be sure, since this only detects two specific issues that might cause the game to get hung up. There could still be other issues that arise in files that this won't detect, but that the game won't like. This will allow you to disable the problem files but won't fix them (yet - that's probably a good feature idea though, to add the blue lot fixer code to this). Though the TS2 content should really just be deleted, and can't be "fixed".
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#50 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 9:42 AM
Claeric,

Go back and read the first post instead of thinking that you know what it does and doesn't do. It ONLY CHECKS FOR CERTAIN "CORRUPT" files. If you have other problems with your game then do as the opening post states:

Quote: Originally posted by From the actual description, which you obviously didn't read
I ran this tool but it didn't tell me I had any problems!

This tool only identifies particular issues - not everything. So if you have issues, and have nothing in red in this tool.. well thats what we have a help forum for.

Now, if you have packages that you KNOW are causing issues in ProcMon (on the order of hundreds of thousands of file IO requests) - send them to me, or tell me where to download them. As I have mentioned, this tool ONLY checks for specific issues, so anything else that causes game lag will need to be investigated.

I really wish people would read the whole post before asking questions.

Martine,

Most of the problems you'd need to use process monitor to check are down to 2 things: Sims 2 content, or Blue Lot stuff. This tool checks for both, so it can be used instead of Process Monitor to weed out files that can cause package lag.

badbear,

The file isn't deleted, it just gets renamed to "whatever.package.disabled". This effectively stops the game from loading it.

ZippyZX3,

I'll consider it, but reading the resource.cfg is a lot harder than just reading one folder.

lilooolik

It doesn't do anything with Sims3Packs. What, if anything, would you want it to do?

Missa, erinmiller,

Can you figure out which files this happens on? Then I can try and scan them and see what happens here.

Ciane

Try redownloading .NET again (3.5 should do it). This is tested on Windows 7 x64 so should work on all systems.

Aya_Alexa

To be honest, anything that comes up as BlueLot corrupt should be fixed, regardless of if your game runs ok now. It may not do so in future.

Helaene

I'd rather not have this tool actually delete files - since in most cases the bluelot stuff can be fixed with one of my tools.

ShortyBoo

Thanks for the hair link. Might be a false positive on the hair but I'll check it out.

Fire~

This tool does not check for bugs with mods, or errors with your game from specific mods, or general issues with graphics, etc. It is simply not designed to check for those kind of issues. It's a very narrow focus tool.

If you have issues with your game that fall outside this tool (as the opening post states) then please post in the help forum.

ClicknPsycho

Please link me to some examples of windows and cars that come up as BlueLot.

emoarian19

Actually you are NOT supposed to put the program in your Sims 3 bin folder. It runs entirely independantly of any Sims 3 folder.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Page 2 of 87