Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

B.o.K (The Book of Knowledge)

by cmomoney Posted 30th May 2010 at 8:35 PM - Updated 15th Oct 2012 at 3:24 PM by cmomoney

111 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 88 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Field Researcher
#26 Old 31st May 2010 at 5:18 PM
Oh, perfect for cluttered homes and for the furnitureless as well, love this and that you can change the colour!

"Gag me with a reticulated spline!! You're not my cup of tea!" - The Nightlife Prima Guide
Forum Resident
#27 Old 31st May 2010 at 5:50 PM
B.o.K. got what people crave... it's got Creativity!

-> My "Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines" Sims: > CLICK <
-> "My Fav music" playlist: >> Listen <<
-> Liquid Drum & Bass at it's best: > Liquicity <
-> Swiss Groove - the world's grooviest webradio! Music which moves your body & soul: > SwissGroove Website <
Scholar
#28 Old 31st May 2010 at 7:46 PM
Cmoney,you are a Sims 3 hero ! This B.O.K is amazing.Very useful and precious + so BEAUTIFUL.A huge Thank you.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 12:23 AM
Ideas
This is great but here is an idea. wut if u could make a bookbag for any person like children or world adventure explorers that could keep books, home work, and small items in it. its like a smaller version of the inventory buy u can where it as an accesory and you could make it recolorble. if only...
Test Subject
#30 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 1:04 AM
This is freaking awesome! Thank you for sharing.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 2:08 AM
I love this idea, but I can't get the option to "click" when I hover over the book. Not sure if I am missing a mod. or script that others have??

Anyway, I like it just for the stack-ability and the CAST features. I can use this to "clutter" up my loner-Sims house ...
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#32 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by donnellhouse
I love this idea, but I can't get the option to "click" when I hover over the book.

Where do you have the book placed when you're trying to use it?

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#33 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 4:37 AM
wow what a genius creation! love it so much! thanks for sharing. hugs.
Test Subject
#34 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 5:28 AM
This is such a cool idea! Good on you. :D

"May a thousand nests of sand fleas declare a new homeland in your underwear."--Captain Zakari
Instructor
#35 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 8:30 AM
If your sims get the wish "buy bookcase" or whatever, and you purchase this, is the wish fufilled?

Smile.
It's easier than explaining why you're sad.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 1:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cmomoney
Where do you have the book placed when you're trying to use it?

I had it on a desk.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#37 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 2:28 PM
x-tashi-x: I'm not sure but I would guess yes.

donnellhouse: Then it should work. I only asked because it doesn't work on my bookcases if you've updated them. What does it say when you click on them?

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#38 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 2:57 PM
Thanks! It's very interesting and useful thing!
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 3:08 PM
cmomoney -- when I hover over it, it says cmoShelfBook.ShelfBook -- when I try to click I get "no interactions available" -- I tried with a couple different houses and placements (table, counter, floor)
Instructor
#40 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 9:02 PM
Exactly what I was looking for! *hugs*! ;-D
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 1:20 AM
Guess what! I took all my CC out, loaded up Ambitions, reloaded my CC and accompanying files and now the Book works!! I must have put something in the right place finally

(possibly a dll file ??)
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 10:25 PM
This seems to work fine in Ambitions and I find I am already relying on its use. But I would feel safer if you verified that your new script doesn't conflict with anything in Ambitions or the latest patch. When you are sure, could you please make a notation that your book mod is verified safe? Thank you!

For every King, there is a Queen ...

http://www.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=25203
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#43 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by donnellhouse
when I hover over it, it says cmoShelfBook.ShelfBook -- when I try to click I get "no interactions available"

The script doesn't get loaded. You don't have the dx9whatchacallit.dll or you don't have it in the right place.

Quote: Originally posted by amjoie
But I would feel safer if you verified that your new script doesn't conflict with anything in Ambitions or the latest patch.

Custom scripts cannot conflict with the game code. Custom scripts can conflict with other custom scripts at the most. That's very, very unlikely, though. Virtually impossible even.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Test Subject
#44 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 2:36 AM
I think this is a great idea... thanks for putting this together for us...

I have a thought/suggestion... I'll throw it out there... but I think it would be cool.

Instead of this object looking like a book... how about it look something like an iPad or any other ebook device. Those types of devices are supposed to hold many books in them so it would be a good fit.

Either way, thanks for this... it's great!
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 3:05 PM
Normally, I would have thought that too, Buzzler. But this is the only mod I am using that has kicked up the nag screen in Ambitions, on start up. The other mods I have (the ones already updated or declared safe) remain unlisted and under Ambitions's radar. So, despite the fact that the book seems to work if I dismiss the nag screen, I still would like it verified by the creator as safe.

1978 gallons of pancake batter
#46 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by amjoie
But this is the only mod I am using that has kicked up the nag screen in Ambitions, on start up. The other mods I have (the ones already updated or declared safe) remain unlisted and under Ambitions's radar.

Are these other mods scripting mods? The game almost definitely only checks the new version header in the script resources. The significance of that nag screen is close to non-existant IMHO.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 5:49 AM
Is that all the game is doing? I assumed it was actually checking for compatibility/conflicts. I probably should have known better ....

˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#48 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 3:50 PM
Updated: 6.6.10
Added interaction to add books from family inventory
Added version updated for Ambitions

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 10:00 PM
Thank you for the speedy update! :D

Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#50 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 8:38 PM
Awesome Cmo.....at this rate I shall have to start calling you Cmonor.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Page 2 of 5