Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Tons of Telescopes: TS3 Conversions **Updated 4-11-13**

by Honeywell Posted 13th Dec 2012 at 7:23 AM - Updated 11th Apr 2013 at 5:38 PM by Honeywell

41 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 27 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 6:51 PM
Very cool, but I have a problem using them My sims get pushed away and they don't use them. Any help?
Theorist
Original Poster
#27 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Leyrie
Very cool, but I have a problem using them My sims get pushed away and they don't use them. Any help?
Are you using the files that are right for your expansion packs? If your profile is correct and you only have the basegame installed you need the HW_ts3-telescopes_BG zip.

You can also double check that you only downloaded one of the two files listed. If you downloaded both of the files the game is going to use the FreeTime version which will cause a jump bug if you don't have it.

If that doesn't work for you let me know exactly which expansion packs you have installed and which version you're using and we'll go from there.
Test Subject
#28 Old 10th Apr 2013 at 10:12 PM Last edited by Leyrie : 10th Apr 2013 at 10:45 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
Are you using the files that are right for your expansion packs? If your profile is correct and you only have the basegame installed you need the HW_ts3-telescopes_BG zip.

You can also double check that you only downloaded one of the two files listed. If you downloaded both of the files the game is going to use the FreeTime version which will cause a jump bug if you don't have it.

If that doesn't work for you let me know exactly which expansion packs you have installed and which version you're using and we'll go from there.

Alright! I'm doing it wrong, I downloaded FT FreeTime files. I use only the Base Game Thank you, now I'm going to try them again with the Base game files. The thing is English is not my mother language, and I was a bit confused with the letters FT and BG. Now it's clear, thank you!! Going to try!

EDIT: Ok... the strange thing is that my sims use the telescopes at day (they work perfectly), but at night they jump back when I put them to watch the stars... that's really strange! O_o Anyway I found I was using the base game files even before, but I used them just at night not when it's light.
Theorist
Original Poster
#29 Old 11th Apr 2013 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Leyrie
Alright! I'm doing it wrong, I downloaded FT FreeTime files. I use only the Base Game Thank you, now I'm going to try them again with the Base game files. The thing is English is not my mother language, and I was a bit confused with the letters FT and BG. Now it's clear, thank you!! Going to try!

EDIT: Ok... the strange thing is that my sims use the telescopes at day (they work perfectly), but at night they jump back when I put them to watch the stars... that's really strange! O_o Anyway I found I was using the base game files even before, but I used them just at night not when it's light.
I had the exact thing happen when I tried to use these at night too. I've updated all of the basegame telescopes with the FreeTime BCONs and that seems to have fixed the problem. If you re-download they should work for you now.

Thank you for bringing it to my attention so it could be fixed. I hope you enjoy them.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 2:58 PM
Thanks
Thank you for the update
Test Subject
#31 Old 20th Apr 2013 at 9:50 PM
I had the exact thing happen when I tried to use these at night too. I've updated all of the basegame telescopes with the FreeTime BCONs and that seems to have fixed the problem. If you re-download they should work for you now.

Thank you for bringing it to my attention so it could be fixed. I hope you enjoy them.

Thank you! I'm looking forward to use them all! *_*
Forum Resident
#32 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 6:12 AM
FYI, my game was crashing on lot-load and the issue stopped when I removed these files. All your other stuff I have works fine.
Theorist
Original Poster
#33 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by harlequin_eyes
FYI, my game was crashing on lot-load and the issue stopped when I removed these files. All your other stuff I have works fine.
Thanks for posting, harlequin_eyes. I can't reproduce it in my own game but if you want to try and troubleshoot what's going on I'd be happy to help.
Forum Resident
#34 Old 29th Jun 2013 at 2:49 AM
It's no problem. I just reinstalled for the first time in months and I've gone a little crazy trying to replace all the CC I lost so I think I can live without this one thing. I still have a lot of other great things you've made!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#35 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 2:10 PM
Amazing! Love the individual styles.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#36 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 10:08 AM
I always feel the game doesn't have enough telescopes. Thank you for making these!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#37 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 1:32 AM
thank you
Scholar
THANKS POST
#38 Old 9th May 2015 at 2:45 PM
Thank you so much
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 15th Jul 2016 at 9:27 PM
This is great! I was so tired of the boring Maxis telescope with no personality. Thank you for these TS3 conversations; they definitely have what I was looking for!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 5th Nov 2016 at 9:55 PM
muito obrigado
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 5:24 PM
muito obrigado
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 6th Jan 2019 at 4:33 PM Last edited by tancred : 4th Aug 2019 at 6:21 PM. Reason: Update re: FT version
With the basegame version, I've always heard you had to use the expensive telescope in order to be abducted so if that's true then no you can't be abducted with the BG telescopes.

I can report that one of my Sims was abducted last night while using the yellow Atomic Azure Skies Telescope. Since I didn't think this was possible with a BG telescope, it was a hilarious surprise.

One of my favorite (and most lucrative) shops in BWV is Ivy Copur's telescope store, Ad Astra, which features your telescopes. Thanks for these beauties!

Update 8/4/19: @Honeywell, I recently added M&G to my game. As I still don't have Freetime, I used the BG version. When Sims on two different lots tried to use the telescopes, the jump bug occurred. Switched to the FT version, and they worked properly. Not at all a complaint, just FYI!
Page 2 of 2