Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

'Let Kids Be Kids' - Lifespan and School Vacation Mods

by Phaenoh Posted 1st Jan 2013 at 2:00 AM - Updated 5th Jul 2014 at 1:52 PM by HugeLunatic

212 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 116 Feedback Posts, 95 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 9
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 2:47 AM
Oh my god! I am soo excited to test my game with this! Now my elder sims will finally be able to see their grandchildren go to university, normally they would all just die once their eldest grandchild becomes a teen.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 3:40 AM
Yay! I like this new system thanks! Other similar mods wouldnt match my taste but this is perfect
Banned
THANKS POST
#4 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 3:55 AM
Yes! No school in summer. Except in unusual climate hoods I always use spring-summer-fall-winter. Only one so far I don't (and haven't played yet) is a desert one that's either spring-summer-summer-fall or summer-summer-fall-spring. Don't remember which but doesn't matter for this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 4:01 AM
Aw man I always love your downloads! Thank you for these two wonderful mods! (Now to go find my seasons game!!!)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 6:38 AM
Correct me if I read this wrong, but you said this will NOT work with inteen, but that you are going to make a version that will?!?! < crosses fingers! > I hope so!!!
Thanks Phae!!! *HUGZ!*
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 6:45 AM
Sorry jbeach, it will not work with inteen and I will not be making a version that does. That was supposed to say that I was making an non-BV version (which is now up). I did link to the original ones that have compatible versions; you will just need to work your calendar around it and you won't have Winter's Day. I suppose I could change my mind if there is sufficient demand for it of course. >.>
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 7:01 AM
Thanks for the quick reply Phae! I guess I don't need to tell you that I would GREATLY APPRECIATE an inteen version! lol
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 11:03 AM
I was just thinking earlier this afternoon about lifespan mods, and how all the others I've found lengthen certain life stages too much, or cut others too short. (My main problem is that the oldsters live too long and the adults don't live long enough.) This looks perfect! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 2:57 PM
Quick question: Does the age mod affect existing Sims? Or does it just affect those who are aged up or created after installing?

Either way, these look great! Thank you!
Forum Resident
#11 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 3:49 PM
Will we get a pop-up notification about summer vacation and/or winter's day? Either way, already downloaded!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 5:41 PM
This is a great idea and since I use inteen too, i would appreciate a compatible version for that, too. But still this a wonderful addition to my game, so thanks for sharing with us. Happy 2013 everybody!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 6:17 PM
icf89, this will only effect a sim after they age up to the next age, as all lifespan mods do. I've heard of a lifespan age resetter, but I haven't found it.

harlequin, yes you will get pop up notifications about summer vacation and Winter's Day. Unfortunately you will get them per child, and they might also pop up when a teen's car pool comes to get them (not sure why, but it's just 2 days that it might happen). Summer vacation notification is only on the first day of summer, but if it's a Saturday or Sunday you prolly won't get it at all. There is no reminder yet that school resumes in the Fall, but the school bus showing up at your door prolly will remind you well enough.

That's 2 votes for inTeen...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 7:24 PM
Adults are 35 to 40? I thought it was usually just the Elders that had a variable age length. And am I correct in guessing that since Young Adults are not mentioned this doesn't affect them at all? I've been using inteen, but downloaded anyway. Next time I get a a chance to play I'll have to make sure all my Sims are ready for inteen to be removed.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 7:30 PM
OMG I can't wait to use these in my game! Thank you very much! :D

Question: Does the aging mod only affect Sims and not Pets?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 8:26 PM
Okay, I've never downloaded an aging mod before, but this one has my interest. (Not that there's anything wrong with the others out there. Just the timing seems like what I would want on this one.) And I love the idea of my simmies getting a summer vacation. Thanks!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 8:30 PM
j mcdougall, from what I could tell adults might also have that ability so I added it in, not sure if it will actually get used or not, but it was worth a shot.

XanderGC, no, I did not do a Pets age mod, but I know of at least one that is out there if you need one.

InTeen is only incompatible with the Vacation Mod, NOT the age mod.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 10:29 PM
I love love love the idea of summer vacation and winter holiday!! But at this point I don't think I can play the game without InTeen...so make that 3 votes!
Thanks for your great mods!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 2:47 AM
I love this!! You can add my vote for an InTeen-compatible vacation mod. In the meantime I am snapping up the age mod. Thank you very much. Have a Happy New Year!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 7:09 AM
This is a great mod, i love the winter's day thing. But i have to say that i would love a version that works with inteen, because i can't remove it now. One more vote for inteen...
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 7:15 AM
This is amazing, the aging has never seemed right to me either. With this everything is even and how it should be, the summer mod is just... ah i am so excited to play thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 8:56 AM
I normally use SimPE to age my people so I can vary the ages some but this sounds much too good to pass up! I use several of your mods and look forward to seeing how this one works out for me!

Thanks for summer vaca and 'Christmas' as well!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#23 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 12:37 PM
So excited to see this!! Especially the vacation mod~my two cats, 3year old daughter & husband all add their votes to mine in the hope of an InTeen version so 5 votes more?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 1:52 PM
Absolutely marvelous!! Thank You for sharing
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 3:25 PM
Thank you so much, Phaenoh! I've actually held off on putting in age mods because none really fit what I was looking for....until now! I really like the way you've distributed the days between the ages. Makes a lot of sense!

I also like the vacation mod. However, the current hood I'm playing is one I've set up to accord with the actual months in a calendar. Basically, my summer is in quadrant 3. So...will your age mod work with that other vacation mod you mentioned that has summer vacation in the third quadrant?
Page 1 of 9