Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

'Let Kids Be Kids' - Lifespan and School Vacation Mods

by Phaenoh Posted 1st Jan 2013 at 2:00 AM - Updated 5th Jul 2014 at 1:52 PM by HugeLunatic

212 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 116 Feedback Posts, 95 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 9
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 6th Jan 2013 at 8:47 PM
I have Inteen and I played long enough to order groceries twice, and have a Winter's Day Vacation. I noticed 2 things, and just wanted to double check that they were normal - one child called a friend on Winter's Day, but the friend apparently was in school. And when mom's car pool arrived, I got all the Winter's Day messages pop up again. No big deal, and the school bus came the next day. Yay!!
Here are the flavor packs I have: Back to School, College Admissions, I love kittens, Risky Honeymoon, Risky Runaway, Risky Sneak out and Go out, Silent Pregnancy.
Thank you so much!!!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#52 Old 6th Jan 2013 at 9:31 PM
I didn't know about the child in school message, and I don't really know how to fix that, and I did notice the redundant pop up messages when the car pools show up in my own testing and again, not sure how to fix that yet. Everything is normal, enjoy the mod in your game!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#53 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 12:09 AM
Great! I just wanted to make sure those events weren't an indication of an Inteen conflict. I can't wait to have a summer vacation! Thank you again.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#54 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 9:24 AM
OH MY GOD!!!!!1!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!1!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!1!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!1!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!1!!!

SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!! *waves arms and runs about like a lunatic*

I will put this to very good use! ^_^
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#55 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 8:19 PM
Wow! This is great. Thank you so much Phaenoh. My sim kids will be very grateful.
Test Subject
#56 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 5:13 PM
At last! Kids get a summer vacation! Thanks
retired moderator
Original Poster
#57 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 6:00 AM
My summer vacation mod IS COMPATIBLE with inTeen. It just needs to load after inTeen, so download, place it carefully in your Downloads folder, and enjoy! Big thank you to jbeach34 and NixNivis for doing testing for me! <3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#58 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 11:57 PM Last edited by Mr. Newbie : 14th Jan 2013 at 1:29 AM. Reason: Typo
Wow! This is actually a good idea. I, myself, have always thought toddlers and children didn't get enough days to really enjoy life. The aging off cheat counts for all Sims, too, so I couldn't have my kids and toddlers live longer without having the adults, elders, teens, and babies becoming immortal, too.

And the vacation mod is also quite interesting. A fine touch to a good mod.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#59 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 5:06 PM
When I saw this I knew it'd be perfect - I'd never used a "holiday mod" prior as I didn't know it was possible to set by quad rather than simply season type. I picked up the other one you linked but kinda wanted the "Christmas holiday" as well...
Now I know it's InTeen compatible this'll replace the other one I've currntly got. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#60 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 6:47 PM
I have an age mod already that I love, but I'm definitely excited to try the vacation mod! I was always annoyed that my poor little Sim kids didn't have the time/energy to run around goofing off during summer weekdays.
Mad Poster
#61 Old 15th Jan 2013 at 9:00 PM
I guess the school phone message comes up because the game looks at the day of the week and the time to determine whether they should be in school or not.

However if you throw a party and invite your chosen sim, he or she should turn up regardless of whether he or she is meant to be at school! Or of course you could always cheat and teleport them in with one of the many mods which enables this :D

Thanks for the heads up via PM, Phae, it's much appreciated
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 16th Jan 2013 at 2:30 PM
What great mods - I love the idea of a summer holiday!

Just a quick question about the aging mod: I have Cyjon's eight day teen mod installed, will this overrule that or be incompatible? (I'll remove it if so because I really want to use both of these)

You lied to me…There is a Swansea!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#63 Old 16th Jan 2013 at 7:47 PM
Yes tallyb, that is an aging mod and it will conflict with my aging mod. You can only have one in your game. My aging mod shortens the teen span as well, but not by that much. Cyjon makes his teens more in line with the original Maxis lifespan ages, because teens are the only ones too long while everyone else is similarly short. I've made everyone a tad longer and reigned in the teens to match the new slightly longer numbers.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#64 Old 16th Jan 2013 at 9:11 PM
Hi Phae!
I'mmmm ba-aaack. And, now I find your wonderful mod! This looks exactly like what I was working on/searching for before RL took over last year. YAY!!! I can't wait to try it out ;-)

Someone above asked, "...would it be incompatible with any other school mods? Such as "bring friends home dialog" by twojeffs or cyjon mods?" I use these mods too - will it conflict?

Thanks - I'm glad you're still creating for us (us = me and my simmies; I'm being completely selfish here!) ;-D
retired moderator
Original Poster
#65 Old 16th Jan 2013 at 9:30 PM
As for other school mods, I really don't know yet. However, I can tell you that with the exception of big scary inTeen, no conflicts will be game-threatening. You can try them out and if you find that one isn't working as it should, switch the load order on the two and see if that helps.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#66 Old 17th Jan 2013 at 1:57 PM
Thanks Phaenoh!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#67 Old 17th Jan 2013 at 7:21 PM
Thankies!
Test Subject
#68 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 9:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jbeach34
Correct me if I read this wrong, but you said this will NOT work with inteen, but that you are going to make a version that will?!?! < crosses fingers! > I hope so!!!
Thanks Phae!!! *HUGZ!*

I didn't read this but I've got inteen and it works perfectly together I think you just have to make sure that inteen loads AFTER this vacation mod.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#69 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 10:53 PM
Actually stellinna, jbeach was integral as one of my inTeen testers, so she already knows how to get it working in her game. And you have it backwards, inTeen must load first, and my mod second.
Scholar
#70 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 7:17 PM
Hi Phae, just thought I'd let you know that the summer holiday mod throws a slight conflict with TwoJeffs' "Schoolbus-BringFriend-Dialog" mod. I see someone asked above...

It's nothing drastic, and all depends on loading order:
If yours loads first - you get the single "a school bus will arrive" dialog during Spring/Autumn/Winter and a BLANK dialog per child in Summer.

If yours loads second - you get the spammy "a school bus will arrive for XXX" dialog per child during Spring/Autumn/Winter and your "It's Summer! No School til Autumn!" dialog per child in Summer.

The actual "Bring Friend" dialog from TwoJeffs' mod works as normal.

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#71 Old 8th Feb 2013 at 3:30 PM
I didn't know how much I needed this mod before I tried it! I was so tired of never getting to know my legacy sims properly. That has been fixed now. Thank you once again, Phae!
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 13th Feb 2013 at 3:27 PM Last edited by KatKaleen : 24th Mar 2013 at 5:39 PM. Reason: Nervous breakdown. Kinda.
Hi Phae, the aging mod works great, but I smell some possible conflict in my game concerning the vacation mod.
I've read the comments so far but saw no mention of this, so here I go:
My Simkids and -Teens cheer on Saturdays and Sundays for the schoolbus not showing up, outside of Quad 2 and it's not winter's day either. But there is NO Pop-Up. Is that normal?
It's no big deal, but it bugs me a little.
Also, according to your description, I shouldn't be able to send a kid to school on winter's day. But when I clicked on the little guy (I intended to make him rope-jump) the option 'Go to school' popped up, and I sent him there (I'm so daring! Not really). And it worked.
Aaand once I got a Pop-Up, that my Simteen skipped school and got a bad mark during summer break.
I'm pretty sure it's a minor conflict (or several), since I have a ton of mods in my game.
I'll check it as far as I can, but I'd be happy about a hint if somebody already told you about this via PN.
Still, thank you very much for your awesome mods!

> Everything is fine for InTeen-Users! I don't have it, can't be the problem.
> The 'skipped school' and bad mark incident was caused by a conflict in my game. I'm still trying to figure out which other mod clashed with this one, but it will take a while.
Sorry guys and gals, but I found my mods folder so insanely overstuffed that I decided to make a clean cut. Unless your mods folder is packed with stuff that was outdated years ago/never supposed to work together/never working at all/from an unreliable source/unidentifiable you should be fine.
This mod I'm definitely going to keep in my game. :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#73 Old 22nd Feb 2013 at 3:46 PM
So..do teens have summer off too? (sorry if I was just lazy reading the description and didn't notice you mentioning it!)
retired moderator
Original Poster
#74 Old 22nd Feb 2013 at 6:32 PM
Yes, both teens and kids share in all the benefits of this mod. While you might be right that I didn't explicitly say 'teens and children', I lumped them both together with the term 'kids' and showed both ages in my images. Good catch.
Test Subject
#75 Old 26th Feb 2013 at 12:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Actually stellinna, jbeach was integral as one of my inTeen testers, so she already knows how to get it working in her game. And you have it backwards, inTeen must load first, and my mod second.

How would I make the inTeen load first? And also, are both the aging and summer vacation compatible with inTeen now, all the different comments are boggling my mind
Page 3 of 9