Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

(UPDATE: 24-MAR-2017) Cook With Any Ingredient (Wood Fire Oven/Sauna/Teppanyaki Grill/Baker's Station compatible)

by icarus_allsorts Posted 2nd Apr 2014 at 9:42 PM - Updated 26th Mar 2017 at 7:01 PM by icarus_allsorts : Mod Update

353 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 251 Feedback Posts, 101 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 15
Scholar
THANKS POST
#26 Old 3rd Apr 2014 at 3:17 PM
Very nice, icarus! Very nice, indeed. Thank you. :)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#27 Old 3rd Apr 2014 at 5:47 PM
Love this and want to try it. Where is the normal download link? I see something new, The Start Download Free version but I never used this before and am afraid it's going to add extra things onto my computer. Never used this type of Download before at Mod The Sims.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#28 Old 3rd Apr 2014 at 5:59 PM
Oh, this is so awesome! I can't wait to try it out. Maybe now I'll let my sims survive on something other than canned soup and ice-cream. XD
Test Subject
#29 Old 3rd Apr 2014 at 8:04 PM
Ahhh! You're a godsend. I've been wishing for a mod like this ever since I got The Sims 3. This is going to make cooking so much fun. Are you familiar with the cooking process in Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland? It'd be cool to have a mod like that, where certain ingredients mixed together just makes slop. Haha.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#30 Old 3rd Apr 2014 at 9:41 PM
Thank you!! This looks very cool.
Test Subject
#31 Old 3rd Apr 2014 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icarus_allsorts
Thanks for the translation! One thing I want to confirm though since I don't know portuguese, but did your translation take into account the sim's gender or will it work for both male and female sims?

Yes is for both genders
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 4th Apr 2014 at 1:40 AM
Oh my god thank you so much for this mod! It drives me crazy that I can never pick ingredients for the recipes that call for any type of fish/fruit/whatever.
Test Subject
#33 Old 4th Apr 2014 at 2:38 AM
I am using Cooking and Ingredients Overhaul and No Shopping From Fridge mods (I'm using patch 1.67). Everything seems to be working fine, but I can't figure out how to use my own ingredients when I prepare a meal. I get the option, but I don't know how to select all 3 ingredients. It seems like I can only select 1. How do I select 3 different ingredients for my meals. Also, I was able to rename my new dish, but I don't see it when I want to make it again. Is this only a one time dish and I can never make it again. Is there something I need to do to make my new renamed dish appear in the list of options for dishes to make.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#34 Old 4th Apr 2014 at 3:08 AM
I love this mod just for the part with the stoves and allowing the cooking on community lots! I mean how silly is it, that Sims can't use a stove or the fridge when they are not home? This made my day and I will now continue playing my game THANKS A LOT!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#35 Old 4th Apr 2014 at 5:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by partyanimal333
Everything seems to be working fine, but I can't figure out how to use my own ingredients when I prepare a meal. I get the option, but I don't know how to select all 3 ingredients. It seems like I can only select 1. How do I select 3 different ingredients for my meals. Also, I was able to rename my new dish, but I don't see it when I want to make it again. Is this only a one time dish and I can never make it again

Click and highlight 3 (or 2 or 1) different ingredients in the list before clicking OK, does that work? And yea, you are only naming the one plate of food made by your sim, it doesn't change the name of the recipe itself so you'll have to choose to cook the original recipe and name the food you make every time unfortunately.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#36 Old 4th Apr 2014 at 1:56 PM
I'll try to post a Dutch translation as soon as I can. But first, I have to figure things out with S3PE, since I've never used it before (:
Test Subject
#37 Old 4th Apr 2014 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MariTom
I'll try to post a Dutch translation as soon as I can. But first, I have to figure things out with S3PE, since I've never used it before (:

Is pretty simple, you download the S3PE, download this mod and open the mod using S3PE then you find the Dutch file and edit it using the english one for example.

I hope that will give you some guidance.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 4th Apr 2014 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PhelipeDeon
Is pretty simple, you download the S3PE, download this mod and open the mod using S3PE then you find the Dutch file and edit it using the english one for example.

I hope that will give you some guidance.

Alright, thank you! I'm going to try (:
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 4th Apr 2014 at 9:12 PM
Thanks for this awesome mod!!!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Choose Your Ingredients Cook With Any Ingredient[SPANISH ES-MX TRANSLATION].rar (853 Bytes, 15 downloads)
Description: Spanish translation (STBL files ready to be included in the package file using s3pe).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 4th Apr 2014 at 9:37 PM
Really great idea, can't wait to try it out (=^_^=)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 12:40 AM
I would really love to use this mod. Yesterday added bakery set from the store, so this question. Will this be OK with that bakery stuff from the store. Thankyou for all your beaut mods
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#42 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 1:25 AM
You did it again Icarus. Thank you for this.
Test Subject
#43 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 2:51 AM
Default Danish Translation
Wow! thank you sooo much for this mod You made a girl very happy
Attached files:
File Type: zip  icarusallsorts.CookWithAnyIngredient - danish.zip (25.0 KB, 7 downloads)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#44 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 6:27 AM
Wow, this mod is really awesome.

I always thought it was necesary a system like this in the game.Thank you
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#45 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 6:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lainey
Will this be OK with that bakery stuff from the store

I can't say for sure because I don't have that set, but they shouldn't conflict with one another so you should be able to use them together BUT you won't be able to choose your ingredients when cooking on the new Baking Oven from the store though
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 2:38 PM
I was just thinking yesterday how much I wished I could have my nectar maker/cook choose ingredients (so she can stop making pancakes with life fruit and fancy grapes). Thank you so much!
Top Secret Researcher
#47 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 2:47 PM
Default German Translation
Thanks for this great mod!
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  CookWithAnyIngredient._Strings German.7z (461 Bytes, 12 downloads)
Description: German Translation
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#48 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 2:56 PM
Thanks to everyone who's provided a translation so far

Quote: Originally posted by Vincent T.
Thanks for this great mod!

Thanks, but there seems to be a missing string - the one for "Buy From Store"?
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#49 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 1:37 PM
Thank you very much.
I need to ask. It can be add the backery oven? Practicaly will be a complet backery store.

I didn't tried yet, but it work on the fridge and wood oven located in a community lot (because the backery oven isn't added)?
Or, the mod is made it only for cooking at home.
Test Subject
#50 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 4:30 PM
Thank you. Great mod.

Can you add Frost-Bite Pro Ice Cream Machine and Chun Co. Teppanyaki Grill too?
Page 2 of 15