Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

New Year, New Sims (Rebuilt Worlds)

by prettypetalgirl Posted 17th Feb 2019 at 2:49 PM

54 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 35 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#26 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 8:23 PM
I will try your new save if nothing else for the lots you created however, I'll have to use MCC to delete all of your Sims, and move mine in. If one of your Sims is causing LE's as stated above. Then please let us know which sim quit the spotlight stardom, which is EA's fault/bug not anything you did.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 1:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jhumphrey1985
Where do you put this file at after you click on it to download?

Open it and extract it into your save folder.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#28 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmerJohn
This so much for this. Side note, do you know what sim you made quit the spotlight because it is causing me a last exception. Thank you.

I would say if a sim is causing this, try to remove Stacy Adventure. She is the only one who I have played more than just long enough to assign them jobs/fame if needed. Can a ghost cause that cause there were a bunch of ghosts that had been played. I have never had a sim do an activity called Quit the spotlight, at least not that ive told them to do.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#29 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 1:44 PM
Stunning, thank you for all your hard work on this
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 2:51 PM
so much work and you decide to share it with us Thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#31 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 5:49 PM
Very Creative! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 6:13 PM
This is amazing!! It loaded great and I can't wait to check it out fully. Your foresight is awesome. I've been getting tired of the same old sims everywhere...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 11:35 PM
I downloaded it and loved it but it said it was created with a newer version of the game? my game is all up to date its weird
Test Subject
Original Poster
#34 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 1:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Boo Bear
I downloaded it and loved it but it said it was created with a newer version of the game? my game is all up to date its weird

That is strange since it was created before the last patch. Hmmmmm
Test Subject
#35 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 6:22 PM
I have no idea how to get this to work
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 9:40 PM
I'm sure this would have taken ages! Thank you so much for sharing this with us! It looks amazing <3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#37 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 5:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ashleynkota
I have no idea how to get this to work

Extract the save into your save file and then hit Load Game. Look for New Year, New Sims save
Test Subject
#38 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 8:43 PM
Love what you did with the worlds but it's not working for me. I removed all sims, ghosts, pets and still getting LEs. Has anyone figured out how to use this mod? I keep checking for updates or someone mentioning how to get it working. Really excited to use this.
Test Subject
#39 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by prettypetalgirl
Extract the save into your save file and then hit Load Game. Look for New Year, New Sims save

so I don't save it in my mods folder? i'm completely new to the whole mods thing so Im not sure where the save file is or would be or do I have to create it?
Test Subject
#40 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 4:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ashleynkota
so I don't save it in my mods folder? i'm completely new to the whole mods thing so Im not sure where the save file is or would be or do I have to create it?

Nope. This is just a Save File so extract it to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Saves and it should work.

-

On another topic, I'm having some pathing LEs in the Secret Princess restaurant, should I worry about it or just ignore? Thanks. Great worlds btw
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#41 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 1:10 PM
This is really great work! I love it thanks
Test Subject
#42 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RynosGurl409
Love what you did with the worlds but it's not working for me. I removed all sims, ghosts, pets and still getting LEs. Has anyone figured out how to use this mod? I keep checking for updates or someone mentioning how to get it working. Really excited to use this.

I had that problem with the LEs also..so I deleted all the homeless ghosts and now im able to use the save world without LEs..I use MC cheat mod to delete all the homeless ghosts by clicking on the mail box to bring up the cheat box.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 2nd Mar 2019 at 4:01 PM
I can also confirm that deleting homeless ghosts with MC_cheats works. I also wound up deleting my localthumbcache.package and I think a couple other files in the Sims 4 documents folder during my troubleshooting, which may make a difference (as removing all of my mods entirely created an... impressive 14 MB lastexceptions file.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#44 Old 8th Mar 2019 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dorothy
I had that problem with the LEs also..so I deleted all the homeless ghosts and now im able to use the save world without LEs..I use MC cheat mod to delete all the homeless ghosts by clicking on the mail box to bring up the cheat box.

Thank you for figuring it out. I will fix it when I do the remake of strangerville
Test Subject
#45 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 9:45 AM
I really like this but need to know will this Delete this Sims you already have in the Game ?!?! An is there a way to have Both if you want this an you want your Old way !?!?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 20th Apr 2019 at 3:03 PM
Kinda bummed that I don't own any EPs for Sims 4 yet, but oh well...at least the Base Game worlds look interesting (especially Newcrest!)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 1st Jun 2019 at 9:56 AM
Thank you so much for all your hard work. Very much appreciated :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 7:36 AM
Will there be an updated version for Island Living? Thanks, awesome work!
Test Subject
#49 Old 24th Jul 2019 at 8:33 PM
No matter what I do, it isnt working. I put it in my save folder and did everything, but it's not doing what it's supposed to. Is there any specific way to make it work? It's just not showing up at all.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 31st Jul 2019 at 8:03 PM
I definitely want to try this. However I have a question....there are three worlds I do not own....Forgotten Hollow, Del Sol Valley and Selvadorado....can I still use the save or do I need to have those expansion packs?

edit: whoopsie, just read a bit more carefully and you answer that question in the first paragraph, my bad.
Page 2 of 3