Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 2:31 PM
Default A modern introduction and on-going series to scripting for The Sims 4 starting with the basics
I've written a tutorial series here that starts from the beginning teaching you how to set things up, write a Hello World mod, and then begins covering more modding tutorials after that. It's an ongoing series I just started and am excited about and I properly package many of the mods made in each part of the tutorial up and send submit them as mods to Mod The Sims.

I know many people have complained about the state of tutorials for scripting mods and not just many of them being out of date but also a bit random. While there's Hello World tutorials out there and some advanced tutorials there's not much middle ground. Many people feel lost so I really hope to bridge that path by providing a series that does start at the very beginning but then moves past that into intermediate and then advanced in the future as I write more parts to offer a guided hand-on approach to learning and try to keep everything short, simple, and fun.

I hope you like it and I'm welcome to feedback.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Oct 2020 at 7:59 PM
This is amazing! I can't wait to read these! I have been trying unsuccessfully to get someone with Python modding for a while now but like you said, it's either the first step or super advanced. This is just what I needed. Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#3 Old 9th Oct 2020 at 5:14 AM
Thank you for the desire to teach scripting for basic simmers who really like to do more than just play the game. I look forward.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Oct 2020 at 9:25 AM
Your welcome! I hope you're enjoying it as much as I've had fun writing it.