Replies: 3 (Who?), Viewed: 952 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Oct 2020 at 3:51 AM
Default TSO Convertions: Telemarketing Machine: Where to put the correct files?
Hello
I have downloaded a convertion of the sims online (TSO) telemarketing machine, but am a bit confused...

I know where to put most of these files like the cmx and bmp, but there are wav files, which are usually just for music in The Sims 1, but these wav files are for the actual mod to work properly. i don't know if i put them in the music folder or somewhere else and im just really confused. Hopefully someone knows and can help me out.

Thankyou
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Oct 2020 at 1:49 PM
Hi!

These objects with custom sounds and animations can get tricky. In my experience, there are some I wasn't able to make work, but let's try with yours. Have you tried putting the sound archives in the same folder as the custom object? That would be in the "Downloads" folder. Sometimes is as simple as that; if not, custom animations go into the "Skins" folder inside "Game Data"; try putting them there, but NOT on a subfolder, since sometimes it will go unread.

Could you also post a link to the object in question? Not only I am interested in it, it could also help me or whomever will try to sort the problem out, to look at it more closely.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Oct 2020 at 3:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed95
Hi!

These objects with custom sounds and animations can get tricky. In my experience, there are some I wasn't able to make work, but let's try with yours. Have you tried putting the sound archives in the same folder as the custom object? That would be in the "Downloads" folder. Sometimes is as simple as that; if not, custom animations go into the "Skins" folder inside "Game Data"; try putting them there, but NOT on a subfolder, since sometimes it will go unread.

Could you also post a link to the object in question? Not only I am interested in it, it could also help me or whomever will try to sort the problem out, to look at it more closely.

Yes i thought so, that's why i posted a thread about it hoping that someone might know, technical wise! Thankyou so much for your reply! I'll test it out the next time im doing downloads for The Sims 1.

This is the link:https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...arketingstation

Lab Assistant
#4 Old 28th Oct 2020 at 1:54 PM
Hi again!

OK, after finally gotten around to donwload the object and trying different things... I have been able to make it work! Turns out, you just have to put all the audio files in the "Downloads" folder. Not in any subfolder (thus, making it a bit muddy). Though you can put the object files in a subfolder. I don't really know that much about modding and files, but maybe there's a way of compressing all audio files into a single one. Otherwise, it works like a charm!