Replies: 8737 (Who?), Viewed: 426155 times.
Page 350 of 350
Theorist
#8726 Old Yesterday at 5:37 AM
My tub has three knobs mounted to the wall. One for hot water, one for cold and one that controls whether the water comes out of the spout or the shower head.
-.-- -.-- --..
retired moderator
#8727 Old Yesterday at 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omglo
My tub has three knobs mounted to the wall. One for hot water, one for cold and one that controls whether the water comes out of the spout or the shower head.
Once I managed to wash the walls in a hotel room that had one of those!
Mad Poster
#8728 Old Yesterday at 11:29 AM
My showertub has four taps, one faucet, and one showerhead. The upper pair of taps turn on the showerhead and the lower pair turn on the faucet, which has a lever on it to (theoretically) open and close the drain. The lever doesn't work very well but it doesn't really matter because, though the tub and fixtures are all relatively new, the pipes are the original iron pipes from when the house was built in 1910, and they're so clogged with rust and limescale it takes approximately eight hours to fill the tub. I haven't had a bath in years.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#8729 Old Yesterday at 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
Once I managed to wash the walls in a hotel room that had one of those!

Neat knowledge sim
-.-- -.-- --..
retired moderator
#8730 Old Yesterday at 1:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justpetro
Neat knowledge sim
It wasn't intentional... Sloppy fun sim
Scholar
#8731 Old Yesterday at 2:20 PM Last edited by Pideli : Yesterday at 2:33 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
My bathroom wash basin looks like this (only not so shiny ):

Very tiny so that a little water fills it for washing hands and splashing face.

To me it seems very impractical to have to fill the sink every time you wash your hands/face, not to mention unhygienic unless you clean the sink every day
It would make more sense to have the taps closer together in that case so the streams can meet. But even without that, turning two taps for one job is also impractical.
I've never understood the UK design lol. My uncle has it in his house in one bathroom but that's the only place I've seen it in Sweden. That's my least favorite bathroom.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
-.-- -.-- --..
retired moderator
#8732 Old Yesterday at 2:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pideli
It would make more sense to have the taps closer together in that case so the streams can meet. But even without that, turning two taps for one job is also impractical.
I've never understood the UK design lol.
There was a reason for it; most UK houses now don't have a storage tank in the attic (I do, but it's disconnected since I had my shiny new combi boiler fitted. I would have to dismantle the roof to get it out, or else risk setting the house on fire by cutting it up as it's made of metal).
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-42948046
Scholar
#8733 Old Yesterday at 7:20 PM
@Simsample -I tried taking a shower once and actually flooded the washroom and caused a big puddle in our basement which ended that idea and I never took another shower after that one which caused the flodding even after I used enough water to fill a small swimming pool trying to get my hair wet enough to wash it.I'm glad I never took showers after that one as I would've turned our basement in the next house into an indoor swimming pool just trying to wet my very thick hair under a shower.
I have only taken bathes to wash as my hair is way too thick to wet properly under a shower.
Field Researcher
#8734 Old Yesterday at 8:10 PM
I guess it depends on the water pressure, as I have thick hair and don't struggle to get it wet in the shower. As for the flooding, we (my family and I) had a similar issue in one of the older houses we lived in, except it was the kitchen that was having water leak into it.

Baths were fine, but showers were out of the question until sealant (or something similar) was put between the wall and the bathtub.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#8735 Old Yesterday at 9:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debby1957
I live in the USA (North America) and have lived in the Southeast and Northeast and have always had 2 taps (cold and hot). Even in newer homes.

Are you confusing taps (where the water comes out) with the turn-on handles?

Namaste... or "go"
Scholar
#8736 Old Yesterday at 10:37 PM
All sims don't have the same amount of patience in line to the register. Some will just whine a little bit and then without warning throw the bag. it's like oookay, anger problems much?
Also, every time a kid does that I'm always like "where's his parents?" Some kids are poorly raised, clearly!

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
#8737 Old Yesterday at 10:50 PM
When you first start up the Kim household, there's a mysterious pile of ash on the front lawn.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Theorist
#8738 Old Yesterday at 10:59 PM
Uni might be funnier with more dormies and more interesting outings.
Page 350 of 350