Replies: 4114 (Who?), Viewed: 130068 times.
Page 165 of 165
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4101 Old 25th Nov 2020 at 6:16 PM
Meh.  All of my neighbors decided to have their yards done today. I've been listening to leaf blowers all morning.

My plan for dealing with paper clutter that I put into place at the end of last year has worked.  I did my yearly clean out the file cabinet; it took all of 5 minutes to do.  It's stupid keeping a paper shredder in the kitchen, but I no long have to spend hour plus shredding stuff. If junk mail comes in, it gets shredded before it has time to land on the kitchen table or my desk. At the end of each month, I shred all other things such as paid bills and whatever.

Now if I would do the same thing with all the crap that accumulates with my computer, that would be great instead of leaving the mess which means hours of sorting, deleting, trying to figure out what stuff is, blah, blah, blah. 

Simgurugraham on the future of the sims 4
EA's strategy, when filling a long-time request for more depth, is to occasionally subvert expectations. - Graham Nardone
Footage Not Representitive of Actual GamePlay
Mad Poster
#4102 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 2:42 AM
I've been putting off mowing the lawn. Today provided the perfect excuse, too. It snowed. It'll be raining the rest of the week.
The weather god is good to me.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Mad Poster
#4103 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 5:42 AM
Well my family of me, my parents, and our cat are going to have a decent Thanksgiving. They got the food.

As for me: in my dreams...
"A new beau has appeared"
Lover approaching
(PQ defeats beau)
Richard Gere joins the Crushosphere

Yes, I have normal men entering my daydream world of crushes.

I should be the only one to shine,
I am the Golden Queen of Shadow Galactica
(Translation of a line from image song Golden Queen Galaxia)
Scholar
#4104 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 6:25 PM
Great day! Slept well and have the Turkey in the oven! Fed the dogs who were very thankful!
Then wife wakes up starts complaining about things, even about Thanksgiving. oddly, this tirade made me even more thankful! I have a family (tho' I can't see most of them because of covid), I have a roof over my head, dogs that love me, a cat that abides, pension money that's enough, good Pastors, a good parish, and a wife and child who keep me humble and remind me that happiness comes from within and not something I or anyone else can give them.
And it's a nice day to work outside.
Maybe I'll sit on the porch and give pray a bit to thanks to God and yell at the children to get off my lawn.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4105 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 6:59 PM
I've done almost nothing, all day. I took shower; that has been the highlight of the day thus so far.  The dudes in the house will be having ham with mashed potatoes and veggies later, I'll be having pizza.  We usually get a apple pie from Whole Foods, but since I wasn't interested in making the trip or dealing with peoples' creeping crud, we're skipping the apple pie.  Maybe next year...

Other than that, today has been quiet. 

EA's strategy, when filling a long-time request for more depth, is to occasionally subvert expectations. - Graham Nardone
Mad Poster
#4106 Old 27th Nov 2020 at 2:19 AM
Although I am not posting like I used to...I at least come by after taking my pills and before brushing my teeth.

We had a great Thanksgiving, I'm currently getting my added sugar addiction under control, so far I now work with my parents on incentivizing the process of brushing one's teeth because my teeth are worthy of a book for British and British-American rotten teeth.

I had to go through dental surgery 3 times in my life. If I ever get the money, I am going to send away for false teeth that can be installed with a label say "Made in Lichtenstein"

Lately, tonight is one I will sleep in during the morning.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4107 Old 27th Nov 2020 at 4:12 PM
To all the companies and businesses that are up in my grill today,

Telling me that I need to buy all the things that I don't need is not going to get you what you want.  There are only two things I want this year; neither are expensive. Headphones that I've been talking about replacing for over a year now and still haven't bought and a transfer cable.   There was talk yet again about buying a robot vacuum cleaner, but that's just a fantasy.  I'd buy one, then regret it when the battery no longer holds a charge like the Dyson vacuum cleaner.  Why bother going through that situation again; it's not worth it.

As for the rest of the household, there are other cables needed / wanted so that all the things are connected to the TV and The Boy will want a steam card.  The rents will be sent a gift card so they can buy whatever they want or need.   Since they now have a puppy, it will probably be spent on dog toys and that's okay.

This is the extent of Christmas shopping in this house.  We've already shelled out a few thousand to have the house re-plumbed and another couple thousand to have the car fixed.  I'm over the whole spending money thing, thankyouverymuch.

I know you [companies and businesses] are going to continue to bug me from today up until well after the new year, but ya'll can talk to the paw because the ears are not listening.

Lab Assistant
#4108 Old 27th Nov 2020 at 8:02 PM
Kinda rough today. I'm going to be doing some shopping online, but first I have to finish my remaining schoolwork. I'm so behind that it makes me sad... I worry about PCS becoming a thing because my concussion is just not getting better. I can't go into my dream career if I have PCS. I'm trying not to think about it too much, though, in case I hypnotize my body into making it happen lol.

Annnnnd that's today's thought distortion.
Mad Poster
#4109 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 2:36 AM
Today was a bust.

No one cleaned the drip pans and smoke filled my eyes. I was trying to boil water so I could boil matcha soba (green tea buckwheat noodles). Had to put the bundle in a baggie and wait for someone to help me clean the burners, drip pans and all.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4110 Old Yesterday at 2:58 AM

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4111 Old Yesterday at 1:48 PM
Conversations in my house.

GC: I'm making out the grocery order. Do you want and or need anything?

Dingus: No, you added what I wanted already

GC: You sure?

Dingus: Yup, I'm good

Grocery order is placed and will be delivered tomorrow

10 minutes later....

Dingus: Hey, can you order a rug when you do the grocery order?  ( We buy groceries at a wholesale club. They sell rugs and other stuff.)

GC:

GC: I asked you if you wanted anything, you told me no. I'm not ordering a rug, it can wait until next week.

Dingus: Okay

I'll be the first to admit that I've been in a mood for the past few weeks, but seriously?

Scholar
#4112 Old Yesterday at 8:38 PM
I could be wrong, But I think dingus means "worthy".
Do you order stuff because of the Covid lock-down? I don't go inside the store anymore. Just order it on-line and then pick it up. They load up my truck and I don't even roll down the window. Then I drive off to the far end of the parking lot and load it inside the cab so it doesn't blow away as I drive down the road. Free service, but if it's vegetables I always get the veggies that are brown when they should be green (lettuce) and green when they should be brown (potatoes).
It works pretty good but I have to plan what I want for a week ahead of time. Usually that works, but you know the old saying: "What's yours is ours and what's mine is mine", so sometimes I run out of eggs or fish or something.
Then there's refrigerator space. I didn't have room in the fridge for my stuff. We had a decent sized fridge, and my wife has a mini-fridge, and then there's the chest freezer. Well, no space for my stuff. So, when the refrigerator gave up the freon and went to appliance heaven, I got a BIG fridge, as in "I can't get it in the front door" Big. Yeah, it's crammed full and there's still no space for my food.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4113 Old Yesterday at 10:06 PM
I don't know what he meant.  We're not looking to cover the whole room or anything, just a small area rug to put under the coffee table downstairs. I'll find one; it will give me something to do.

Yes, we order online because of the plague.  We could do pick up, but I have everything delivered instead.  I drag everything in the house, then clean everything as I put it away.  We also have a problem with getting veggies. Some of the 'shoppers' are good, others not so much.  I also think some of the big warehouse stores freeze their veggies and possibly fruit. I get bananas from them that are green when they're delivered, but as soon as they start to ripen, they turn to mush.  I don't have this problem if we get fruit and veggies from a regular grocery store.  I've also lost count of how many bags of green beans I've had to pitch because they get slimy which is really gross.  Now when I buy green beans at least, I buy them them frozen.

Regardless, I thought shopping this way would blow up the grocery budget because of the delivery fee.  On average, we spend between $50.00-$70.00 a week. With the delivery fee and 5% tip ( this isn't required, but I like to give the person that does the delivery something)  it comes out to between $80-$100 per week.  If I add in the monthly meat delivery and break that down by week, it adds about $50.00 a week and I don't get that delivery every month.  When both freezers are full, I cancel deliveries until I'm ready for them.

This is actually a huge improvement from beginning of last year when we could easily spend $800-$1,000.00 a month on groceries, for 3 people.  Impulse shopping, it is a terrible, expensive thing.  If and when Covid goes away, I just may continue to have stuff delivered.   The meat delivery service stays regardless.  They're a awesome company that supports to local farmers. 

Test Subject
DELETED POST
Today at 8:15 AM
This message has been deleted by Sharpie0.
Test Subject
#4114 Old Today at 8:40 AM
Today was a fairly nice day but I would want to be more productive tomorrow.
Test Subject
#4115 Old Today at 3:42 PM
I am fine
Page 165 of 165