Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Sep 2020 at 4:22 AM Last edited by lemonshushu : 14th Sep 2020 at 4:42 AM.
Default Is there a way to merge multiple string tables into one?
Hi! I want to ask, is there a way to merge multiple string tables with different instance keys into a one with a single instance key?
Of course each strings in the tables have their own keys. I just want to merge all string table contents into a single string table.
I'm trying to merge almost 1000 tables, so I was wondering if there is an easy way.
I tried the Musher function of 'Easy stbl editor', but since I have so many string tables I couldn't manage to copy&paste all of them one by one..
(And I tried changing the name of the package file and putting it in the game folder, and using 'string table lookup' of Sims 4 Studio..... But it didn't work too.)
I'll be looking forward to your helps. Thank you in advance!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 14th Sep 2020 at 9:16 PM
I managed to do this with Deaderpools STBL editor + the Easy STBL Editor but I can't, for the life of me, remember the process. I was even planning a tutorial on how to do it too but never got around to it, lol.
But for the string table lookup it needs to be added to your S4S mods folder, not the regular game folder. So it will be in your documents under Sims4Studio > Mods I believe. That's actually a good idea and might work, as I had a mod recently in that folder that was an override of EA's strings and S4S was using those strings instead of EA's, so it definitely recognizes them. The process I used with the two STBL editors was very rough, and honestly adding the mod to the folder instead might work better, but if adding the mod doesn't work I can try to re-discover the process.

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 11:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MizoreYukii
I managed to do this with Deaderpools STBL editor + the Easy STBL Editor but I can't, for the life of me, remember the process. I was even planning a tutorial on how to do it too but never got around to it, lol.
But for the string table lookup it needs to be added to your S4S mods folder, not the regular game folder. So it will be in your documents under Sims4Studio > Mods I believe. That's actually a good idea and might work, as I had a mod recently in that folder that was an override of EA's strings and S4S was using those strings instead of EA's, so it definitely recognizes them. The process I used with the two STBL editors was very rough, and honestly adding the mod to the folder instead might work better, but if adding the mod doesn't work I can try to re-discover the process.

OMG it does work!!!! I moved my package into the S4S mods folder as you said, and I could find all my strings in string table lookup! And I selected all the strings and merged into a single string table by 'Add to Current Package'. I never thought it would be this convenient!!! You literally saved me. I'll surely use this method often from now! Thank you so much for all your help