Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#2826 Old 26th Nov 2021 at 6:41 PM
When you see an NPC and just see the maxis face template. "Ugh another Komei Tellerman looking dude.."
Advertisement
Scholar
#2827 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 3:29 AM
When you briefly consider going into full-time lotus-eater mode in response to yet more potentially plan-wrecking world news (you can probably guess what it was, and if it wasn't that for you, I'm not spoiling your relative peace) and start planning out a daily routine involving at least 10 hours of Simming a day before remembering that you already tried that last time and only made yourself feel worse by failing. Sad thing is that I used to be able to do that kind of thing, but gave it up in favour of being a full-time functional adult. Kids (or anyone who has the ability to go into lotus-eater mode despite outside chaos), don't grow up. IT'S A TRAP!
Seriously, if you have the ability to escape into a hobby to the point that outside catastrophe is a good excuse to devote more time to it, keep it even if it is an addiction -- because it's too easy to lose the gift along with the time-sink. It's probably more permanent than any rewarding outside life can be, and even if things don't go horribly wrong, those rewarding lives tend to foster their own, nastier addictions. The bills won't pay themselves any more if you're in the Fortune 500 than if you're someone whose greatest achievement is in gaming, and if you're the latter you can play the incompetent-at-real-life card to get others to look after you because they wish they could be you (*cough* streamers *cough* oh wait, fake coughing isn't funny anymore...I'm not sick, just choking on those sour grapes a bit! ). Obviously, this doesn't only apply to Simming, or gaming in general. Solitary escapism in its own right is a worthy ability.

(I just remembered seeing a "weird destinations" article featuring a rather nice hotel room in a deep cave, which weirdly looked like a TS2 build in cutaway-walls mode surrounded by a deco cave. Maybe that would be a good lotus-eater's den...)
Mad Poster
#2828 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 10:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Freefalldreams
When you briefly consider going into full-time lotus-eater mode in response to yet more potentially plan-wrecking world news (you can probably guess what it was, and if it wasn't that for you, I'm not spoiling your relative peace) and start planning out a daily routine involving at least 10 hours of Simming a day before remembering that you already tried that last time and only made yourself feel worse by failing. Sad thing is that I used to be able to do that kind of thing, but gave it up in favour of being a full-time functional adult. Kids (or anyone who has the ability to go into lotus-eater mode despite outside chaos), don't grow up. IT'S A TRAP!
Seriously, if you have the ability to escape into a hobby to the point that outside catastrophe is a good excuse to devote more time to it, keep it even if it is an addiction -- because it's too easy to lose the gift along with the time-sink. It's probably more permanent than any rewarding outside life can be, and even if things don't go horribly wrong, those rewarding lives tend to foster their own, nastier addictions. The bills won't pay themselves any more if you're in the Fortune 500 than if you're someone whose greatest achievement is in gaming, and if you're the latter you can play the incompetent-at-real-life card to get others to look after you because they wish they could be you (*cough* streamers *cough* oh wait, fake coughing isn't funny anymore...I'm not sick, just choking on those sour grapes a bit! ). Obviously, this doesn't only apply to Simming, or gaming in general. Solitary escapism in its own right is a worthy ability.

(I just remembered seeing a "weird destinations" article featuring a rather nice hotel room in a deep cave, which weirdly looked like a TS2 build in cutaway-walls mode surrounded by a deco cave. Maybe that would be a good lotus-eater's den...)

Ah, I am in the time sink you call that obsession, and it's because I've got about 9 months to go before I retire. I'm developing my lotus eater stance for playing my game, and it feels good.
Pandemic or no, I've always been a homebody, and having an excuse for idly passing my time away playing a game that I love is the best use of my time during this awful time, especially since I'm essentially alone without kith or kin to relate to.
It keeps you young, I think, to play a game, instead of dwelling on the outside world where you cannot change the course of destiny, or other people's lives. But before you say I'm a child, I am not-being an adult for so many years was all right, I did my job, paid my dues and if I want to sit at home, eat snacks and play pixels all day long, it's nobody's business but mine. I've earned this.

And nobody is around to scold me for doing it.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#2829 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 4:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
And nobody is around to scold me for doing it.

===
I relate. The world seems to be such a mess. But I remind myself that that sort of thinking has been around...as long as people came out of caves? I remember when I first retired; had not had a computer at home, or played games. Got so obsessed, would often play all night, or wake up anxious to see what they had been doing (yes, I really thought that). Husband used to say I shouldn't be doing this; I would reply "Why NOT?"...now I wish he was here to tell me to go to bed.
Still, we are Sim-like, and have needs to "talk to", "play with". Some people have problems interacting with others even before covid, and now with covid MOST of us are not getting their daily smile & a hug. So I paint a smile on my mask. And I send a warm, Gramms-smells-like-a-cookie, hug to all.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#2830 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 12:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
===
I relate. The world seems to be such a mess. But I remind myself that that sort of thinking has been around...as long as people came out of caves? I remember when I first retired; had not had a computer at home, or played games. Got so obsessed, would often play all night, or wake up anxious to see what they had been doing (yes, I really thought that). Husband used to say I shouldn't be doing this; I would reply "Why NOT?"...now I wish he was here to tell me to go to bed.
Still, we are Sim-like, and have needs to "talk to", "play with". Some people have problems interacting with others even before covid, and now with covid MOST of us are not getting their daily smile & a hug. So I paint a smile on my mask. And I send a warm, Gramms-smells-like-a-cookie, hug to all.

Yes, we all have our need to talk to other people, and play with others in real life-but you adapt to the circumstances you live in. Let me be clear, I do miss my husband, but life does go on, and I have to learn to adapt to that change. I don't play games all day, every day-I have appointments, and things I must do to continue being here, but the game and my computer do connect me with the outside world in a way that would not be possible otherwise without them.
Right now I'm supposed to be testing a new mod (and no, I can't tell you what it is) so I do have a legitimate reason for playing right now...
I like that kind of excuse. It keeps me from feeling guilty at playing the game sometimes...

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Mad Poster
#2831 Old 4th Dec 2021 at 6:25 AM
All I see is Plumbobs. My celing is Plumbobs.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#2832 Old 4th Dec 2021 at 8:44 AM
@Bigsimsfan12 It looks like your Sims are having a party in your bathroom!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2833 Old 4th Dec 2021 at 9:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
All I see is Plumbobs. My celing is Plumbobs.

Are you on the maternity ward???
Mad Poster
#2834 Old 4th Dec 2021 at 12:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample

Sorry @Bigsimsfan12 ! I should have thought of that. I thought that rail hanging from the ceiling was for a shower curtain, hence me thinking it was a bathroom ceiling. I didn't think of it being for the curtain round a hospital bed.

Best wishes to you, to your baby-to-be, to your partner, and all your Sims! (If those are all plumbbobs, it looks like they've all come to visit you! )

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#2835 Old 4th Dec 2021 at 1:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample

Yes he was born just after midnight.

It was a reasonable guess though Andrew

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2836 Old 4th Dec 2021 at 2:17 PM
@Bigsimsfan12 Hooray! Glad you are okay! Congratulation!
Mad Poster
#2837 Old 4th Dec 2021 at 2:43 PM
Congratulations Bigsimsfan! And Welcome to the New Arrival!

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Top Secret Researcher
#2838 Old 4th Dec 2021 at 4:52 PM
Congratulations!

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#2839 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 4:56 AM
Wait..what? That picture is your view..having a baby?Yea! (insert party balloons, confetti, sparkly something). What's his name? So precious...sending you much good wishes.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#2840 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 10:40 AM
Congratulations-of course you'd see plumbobs! You're a pixel pusher!

Mad Poster
#2841 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 3:11 PM
Congratulations!
Mad Poster
#2842 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Wait..what? That picture is your view..having a baby?Yea! (insert party balloons, confetti, sparkly something). What's his name? So precious...sending you much good wishes.

Thank you! He's called Elden Isaac. He came out looking like a mini version of my first born, so someone must have forgotten to roll the pacifier

Haha it was the birthing suite. I took the picture post-birth I'm not that hard-core... but while giving birth the midwife was talking to my partner about video games and he was telling them all I love Sims and I'm "a well known modder in the simming community" I made 1 mod several years ago and nothing since but ok

Alchemist
#2843 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 5:26 PM
Congratulations!
Mad Poster
#2845 Old 6th Dec 2021 at 6:52 AM

It was a reasonable guess though Andrew

Congratulations!
Test Subject
#2846 Old 6th Dec 2021 at 12:23 PM
I always visualize a low fun meter when I'm feeling stressed and a red plumbob
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2847 Old 6th Dec 2021 at 1:08 PM

Congratulations Bigsimsfan and Littlesimsfan

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#2848 Old 6th Dec 2021 at 8:21 PM
Congratulations to Bigsimfan and Elden! May both of you be permaplat, with all your needs met and many happy birthdays!
Theorist
#2849 Old 7th Dec 2021 at 10:03 AM
I recently got an advertising about how long play in the sims. So I translated it to English and decided to share it.

Quote:
Natalia Egorova lost her job in 2004 and was never able to get a job in life. To keep herself busy, she started playing The Sims 2, the newest game in the series at the time. Spending an average of 18 hours a day at the computer, she spent 17 years honing her skills and rocking her characters, not even hoping to ever get through the game. However, the woman's efforts were rewarded.

Once, having come, as usual, to the supermarket for shopping, her character met the main boss of the game - a demon named Diablo. Applying all the skills accumulated over many years in cleaning and cooking, Natalia's character was able to defeat the main villain, after which a screensaver appeared on the screen, announcing the victory. The woman decided that this was a mistake and contacted the game developer, but EA Games confirmed that she had actually completed the game.

“It's incredible. We thought The Sims 2 was the most difficult game of all time and it was impossible to defeat the final boss in it. However, the Russian Natalia coped with this incredible task. We invited her to California and presented here a check for $ 1 million, as well as the belt of the world champion in The Sims 2. According to the winner herself, she will spend the money on repaying loans and paying off the accumulated debts for housing and communal services, "- said EA Games Deputy Director Roger Peters.

Information by panorama.pub

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2850 Old 7th Dec 2021 at 10:43 AM
Footnote:
Quote:
Все тексты на этом сайте представляют собой гротескные пародии на реальность и не являются реальными новостями.

Translation: All texts on this site are grotesque parodies of reality and are not real news.

What a shame, I was ready to go shopping!
Page 114 of 115