Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#12126 Old 16th Feb 2022 at 5:02 AM
Putting light beetles through a radiation experiment with the science station can produce a plasma bug. Just like in real life I avoided the science lab until now.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#12127 Old 19th Feb 2022 at 3:30 AM
I didn't discover anything in the game itself, but I was looking at the old control sheet that came with the base game earlier today. According to it, TS3 is supposed to have a top down view for build mode just like TS4. Even says it's the same key, "T". But pressing it doesn't do anything. Guess it was cut or something.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Alchemist
#12128 Old 24th Feb 2022 at 1:06 PM
Another new one for me. I didn't know that your sim can die when doing the holding breath competition in the pool. My simmies did that in while in France and suddenly I got the mourning notification. I zoomed back to the holiday home and Treace was dead. He had drowned while having a competition with his husband. He did have the Steel lugns -award, so maybe he thought he could stay at the bottom of the pool the whole day if needed. I had saved the game just before the death occured, so it was easy to confirm why he drowned. I did reload the game because I didn't want him gone yet.
Forum Resident
#12129 Old 28th Feb 2022 at 4:26 PM Last edited by Jathom95 : 28th Feb 2022 at 9:51 PM.
I can't believe I've never noticed this since it's been in my game forever now, but I just noticed while my game was paused today that the Vorn Stallion (the bonus Muscle Car) actually has a different driving pose compared to every other car in-game. While most cars have sims just sitting straight up with both hands on the wheel, here they sit more "casually" with one arm on the wheel, slouched back slightly, and the other arm around the back of the other seat.

I'll take a screenshot soon.

Edit: Here it is.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Test Subject
#12130 Old 2nd Mar 2022 at 1:44 AM
I just learned about transfiguration via Carters Display Case - XL edition. You can make brand new sims if you transmute spirits, which, after more than a decade playing this game and owning the expansion, I've never even known. I started a save in which a sim basically repopulates a town using spirits that I make appear in his house every night. It's a little glitchy doing it that way, but it absolutely works and man, is it fun. It feels like every single time I play I learn something new.
Alchemist
#12131 Old 28th Mar 2022 at 11:25 PM
So my sim asked someone about their alma mater. The sim responded that they had gone to the same school and there was a negative relationship score, very ”you don’t remember me?”

I had a laugh

what does his name even mean?
Top Secret Researcher
#12132 Old 29th Mar 2022 at 6:48 AM
Not while playing, but discovered it on a youtube video about some hidden details in the game. Materials in CASt can actually have different sound effects when objects are placed against a surface. In the video, the example given was placing a plate on a counter. I was genuinely curious about this neat detail but never really bothered checking since I often play without sounds..

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Main simblr: aisquaredchoco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My downloaded cc: ts3ccreblogsbyaisquared
Buy-build defaults database
Inventor
#12133 Old 4th Apr 2022 at 1:07 AM
I discovered that I'm an idiot sometimes...So I've been playing in Island Paradise so I made a mod that makes it hugely playable (not without the help of every Nraas mod available) but I discovered I changed some settings in Nraas about Boats (did this in Go Here) so sims were not taking boats anywhere and swimming everywhere. So by the time my sim made it work she had worked half the day swimming to work. Well I also had changed another ITUN to do with boat routing that also had an impact (testing a new mod I might release) So I learned that sometimes I should leave the game alone LOL (never) I also discovered that they "forgot" to give us proper grass terrains for Island Paradise so I had to create them myself. I just want to know why they would release such a pretty world without the matching terrain paint? I mean the basics the grass...
Mad Poster
#12134 Old 8th Apr 2022 at 2:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
A major breakthrough with improving performance in my game. Actually I discovered it a few days ago, but I've been testing it out.

So, it appears that I've had an fps limiter to hand all this time and didn't realize it. And it's the same as I've been using for Skyrim. Well well! And if I hadn't stumbled upon this tumblr: https://simscctherapy.tumblr.com/ (where, if you scroll down a bit, there is an excellent guide to Sims 3 performance) I'd never have known about it. You can get it from here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mo.../skyrim/mods/34. Simply unpack it, drop both files into the Sims3/Game/Bin folder, and you're in business.

And what a difference it makes! Playing a test game in Sunset Valley was just like playing it for the first time, way back when I only had the base game, WA and a few stuff packs. Hardly any lag at all! And some of my bigger story telling lots that have more than eight sims living in them, and where I've laid on the cc with a trowel (which consequently lagged like hell) are now actually playable! And in CAS things were loading much more quickly, and there were no more long waits for sims to switch from one outfit to another. Wonderful!

Here to confirm that this works more than the plethora of other fixes I have to make my game run better! I never thought I'd see the day where it didn't take fifty years to load the accessories category in CAS. Thank you so much!

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
#12136 Old 8th Apr 2022 at 2:52 AM
Soooo I actually have them both. Though unless I'm using the smoothness patch wrong, it never really affected my CAS.

The Receptacle still lives!
Top Secret Researcher
#12138 Old 9th Apr 2022 at 10:01 PM
You can be frozen solid and singed by a nearby meteor fall at the same time.
Inventor
#12140 Old 10th Apr 2022 at 2:51 AM
@nitromon So my thought was just to stop the NPCs from Boating around autonomously and have them use water Taxis. So what I notice is that no matter where your house is that seems to be the spawning point for where NPCS want to drop a boat in. When I was doing some routing investigation I noticed where two of the houses built on the water very close to each other would have NPC boats that would get stuck in the because they couldn't get past my parking space in the water for my boat. (This produced a fun error where the NPC would vanish, leave the boat, I could sell the boat but Story Progression didn't like it but I made about 100,000 before I moved the spot to unblock the routing for them)

So yes they still use the same route they just swim it. So instead of having the boat issues I would have like 20 NPC sims swimming from in between our houses! It's actually quite pleasant if you want to run a small world where they have walk or swim lol and here's the fun part about this...If it's your Sim and you have to swim to work you don't lose motives. They must freeze them when you are routed this way. So my player sim worked at the Military Facility on the Main Island and my sim lived on one of the smaller Islands so I just followed her around and that's when I noticed her motives stayed static as she swam to the main Island.

Today I grabbed a lot I tossed down in the best part of the Island next to one of the beaches, tossed a fence around the outside edges and I watched the papergirl everyday run right down the fence and jump on her jet ski to go deliver papers to the islands. For some reason it routes NPCS to the edges of your property. I also noticed this strange behavior in Riverview they would literally run through my yard till I put up a fence to have them route around but I met a lot of new NPCs that way lol

I never thought to use subways because I never use them. I might try this again where I enable NPCs to use subways but disable their capability to use Boats. Go here is all or none on boat routing so I will go back to the Boat files from gameplay and try it this way and see if that gives me what I want. I wish each boat type had it's own category because I would let them have sailboats and row boats only. I think I found a canoe from someone I need to dig up the file. I suppose I could make overrides of the Speedboats with sailboats, rowboats, and canoes and set the speed on the speedboats manually editing the file.

Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
lol that's hilarious. but just curious, why would you not allow them to use boats in IP? Disabling boats for other worlds make sense, but IP really does need the boats unless you are only playing on the 2 largest islands in which I used a subway to connect them. I actually like the option of gohere's disable boat travel, but I don't want the whole gohere mod so I don't use it. But now I wonder, if it disable boats, does it mean sims will still use the same short cut and swim across water? In many worlds, I would prefer they use the pre-IP way of just walking the long way around or crossing a bridge. Boat travel ruined Riverview so badly and Egypt world.
Instructor
#12141 Old 15th May 2022 at 2:18 PM
I discovered that if a Sim started yelling fro help from your doctor Sim and she runs over the sim with a problem would rather ask for her autograph and gossip than get treated if your sim is also a five star celebrity.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Scholar
#12142 Old 7th Jun 2022 at 11:37 AM
A Matter of Grave Concern.

I've discovered that if I go into edit town mode and edit the graveyard, whilst my selected sim is off lot, some of the gravestones will get moved to my family inventory. I surmised that these were all the ones my active family had placed there and which had been in their inventories, so the game regards them as their property. This goes for anything belonging to the active household if I move it elsewhere and later edit that lot - e.g. the time portal, which I usually move to the science lot.

Actually I discovered all the above some while back, but I'd forgotten it when I tried decorating the Finnington cemetery last night. There are a lot of graves there now, and half of them got moved into the Fordyce family inventory before I remembered. But I see now where I've been going wrong (Lo! mine eyes have seen the light!): when I send a sim to the mausoleum to 'manage the dead' I must move the graves directly onto the lot and not let them get into my sim's inventory, which can happen by mistake if you click on them. In the present case I had to send one of the family back to the mausoleum with all the gravestones, move them all back into it, and then to their proper positions in the graveyard. That appears to have solved it. But I must be more careful in future.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Instructor
#12143 Old 18th Jun 2022 at 8:54 AM
If you go to edit town mode while the tv is on, when you zoom into the active house you can still see the tv going, it even has the sound and the animation. But the sims themselves outside of the tv are not moving.
Top Secret Researcher
#12144 Old 1st Aug 2022 at 4:32 AM
Just a little thing that I never noticed before. If every member of the household has a preferred vehicle, the carpool and school bus are automatically disabled. I never noticed since I don't think I ever had everyone have a preferred vehicle. Since 2009.
Scholar
#12145 Old 1st Aug 2022 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
Just a little thing that I never noticed before. If every member of the household has a preferred vehicle, the carpool and school bus are automatically disabled. I never noticed since I don't think I ever had everyone have a preferred vehicle. Since 2009.

So is a kid on their preferred bike more or less likely to actually get to school than a kid on the bus? It's a problem, I have to watch their progress very closely in the mornings to make sure they don't end up wandering the streets in front of the school, or worse. Sometimes it's lunch time before I actually get them into the school rabbithole.
Top Secret Researcher
#12146 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 2:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
So is a kid on their preferred bike more or less likely to actually get to school than a kid on the bus? It's a problem, I have to watch their progress very closely in the mornings to make sure they don't end up wandering the streets in front of the school, or worse. Sometimes it's lunch time before I actually get them into the school rabbithole.

Not a problem in my case. Luckily, my teenager had the fast bike, he was almost always on time and my adults had a short commute to work. And you get a message that it's time to leave! Eventually, I sold the bikes and scooters, and the carpools and school bus were back with their honking. 13 years and I still learn things with this game!
Lab Assistant
#12147 Old 19th Aug 2022 at 5:32 PM
Heckling

Well after I played the game I've noticed some traits will make Sims do autonomous heckling (or player-directed heckling), while other traits don't. It seems the heckling interaction appears in pie menu when they've at least 1 negative moodlet and 1 trait below:
- Hot-Headed (Obviously)
- Mean-Spirited (Obviousssly)
- Evil (Duh!)
- Brave (I don't know why this trait included, even your Sims are friendly. Possibly because they're so brave and don't fear to heckling someone (While Daredevil don't do it!))
- Social Butterfly (Wonder too, maybe because they just want an attention)
- Dramatic (Obviously)
- Diva (Obviousssly)
- Grumpy (They're just grumpy and hate the world all the time, so...)
- Insane (Yeah, they'll do whatever they want)
- Inappropriate (Duh!)
- Childish (Like Insane, perhaps they just want to do whatever they want)

It's strange that Daredevil didn't included since it's like crazier version of Brave. Don't know about Rebellious trait since I rarely use it when I'm playing Young-Adult or older Sims (If anyone notice they do it autonomously just let me know!). Dislike Children may not included because I never see Odin Crosby do random heckling to anyone. Snob and Supernatural Skeptic Sims don't do it too.

♒ Aquarius Sun, ♈ Aries Moon, ♈ Aries Rising

Sorry for my English :)
Alchemist
#12148 Old 24th Aug 2022 at 9:58 AM
I discovered a reason for why the toddler routing in my game was so bad: the interior doors needed to be replaced.

I recently built a two-level house where the second was partly over a pool, and worried that that would affect routing (it doesn't). Despite the house having a lot of space for routing upstairs, sims would do the "go downstairs and watch as toddler gets stuck at the top of the stairs" dance. I tried changing the direction of the normal stairs; I tried replacing them; I tried spiral staircases and ladders. Nothing worked.

Until I read on a blog that sometimes doors can get stuck routing-wise even if they aren't stuck in the 'open' or 'closed' geostate (i.e. they aren't visibly stuck).
Once I replaced all doors inside the house (for good measure), the problem went away and my sims were able to pick up the toddler again!
So, I hope this helps if anyone else is experiencing the same issue

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Forum Resident
#12149 Old 17th Sep 2022 at 8:37 PM
Yesterday I sent my simself to have diner at Van Gould Merchant House & Cafe and I had a kind of chance card that told me she was disgusted by the meal served so the waiter and the chief offered her 5 red apples as compensation for real, the apples are in her inventory and they probably served her an other meal more yummy. She had the yummy food moodlet.
At the end, she also had the nauseous moodlet, she puked outside.

I never had a such event before... maybe it's due to a mod or not. But I don't know because I am lost with all the mods I downloaded ahaha . By the way I love it.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Instructor
#12150 Old 17th Sep 2022 at 9:44 PM
Someone carrying a baby can walk inside the spa with the baby still in her arms.
Page 486 of 490