Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#12151 Old 18th Sep 2022 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LiliLiliLili
Someone carrying a baby can walk inside the spa with the baby still in her arms.

Were you expecting the baby to navigate into the spa him/herself to get that much needed pedicure?
Advertisement
Instructor
#12152 Old 19th Sep 2022 at 10:21 PM
I thought the sim is going to put the baby down. Maybe I got used to that from Sims 2. It was interesting that they can even have conversations while holding the baby in Sims 3.
Field Researcher
#12153 Old 20th Nov 2022 at 2:18 AM
I discovered today that if you make a house that's subterranean enough to be slightly below sea level, your sim can still walk through it and access all the furniture, but they'll change into their swimsuit and walk through the water as they do with shallow water at the beach. I'm honestly surprised it's rout-able at all, considering the bottom of the house is literally submerged in water and so are the bottoms of the many stairs I placed to get that far below. I did need move objects on to place the furniture though...

Could be cool for a mermaid house lol
Top Secret Researcher
#12154 Old 20th Nov 2022 at 2:38 AM
It's not good to have the ghosts of pets on the home lot around when one of the family is a coward and you have the New Death Types mod installed. Shanita Joy (Generation 8) just died before she even got to elder because her kitty ghost scared her to death.
Alchemist
#12155 Old 20th Nov 2022 at 10:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kylaaab
I discovered today that if you make a house that's subterranean enough to be slightly below sea level, your sim can still walk through it and access all the furniture, but they'll change into their swimsuit and walk through the water as they do with shallow water at the beach. I'm honestly surprised it's rout-able at all, considering the bottom of the house is literally submerged in water and so are the bottoms of the many stairs I placed to get that far below. I did need move objects on to place the furniture though...

Reminds me of when I accidentally built a park below sea level and couldn't figure out why I needed moveobjects on to place all the furniture...
Sims couldn't use it because it was too low underwater

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Forum Resident
#12156 Old 20th Nov 2022 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kylaaab

Perhaps a "mods I wish existed"? Sump pump???
Top Secret Researcher
#12157 Old 20th Nov 2022 at 5:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Reminds me of when I accidentally built a park below sea level and couldn't figure out why I needed moveobjects on to place all the furniture...
Sims couldn't use it because it was too low underwater

It looks beautiful, though. Like there has been a flood. With very clean water.
Field Researcher
#12158 Old 20th Nov 2022 at 6:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
Perhaps a "mods I wish existed"? Sump pump???

now I'm just rolling with it-- what was originally gonna be a normal house is now a home with a water level slightly above the knee on the lowest level Since my sims can still access all the furniture, it's just like any other level and the bottom floor will have a bit of "undersea" decor to fit with the flooding lol

I won't think of the implications of being able to open an oven underwater, or being able to sleep in a bed where the mattress and blankets are all wet ahahah

but hey, it works (:
Instructor
#12160 Old 22nd Nov 2022 at 1:20 AM
I had it happen in an older world, I was making the central park lower in the middle and it flooded.
Alchemist
#12161 Old 23rd Nov 2022 at 8:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
How did you end up with this? Because I've done similar builds but didnt see any water. For example the Acropolis Resort.

https://modthesims.info/d/615948/acropolis-resort.html

I think the world I built this in is Prato di Livori, but it's been years since then so I'm not 100% sure.
From what I understand, having never worked with it myself: the water level must be set high enough in CAW that this happens when you keep lowering the terrain on lots.
And if you're asking how I couldn't tell: it's because the water didn't show up in build/buy mode and I was still in Edit Town mode, so didn't get to see it in Live Mode until after I was done
I assume it wouldn't happen with basements done with the specialized tool, though.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Field Researcher
#12162 Old 23rd Nov 2022 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
How did you end up with this? Because I've done similar builds but didnt see any water. For example the Acropolis Resort.

https://modthesims.info/d/615948/acropolis-resort.html

Mine happened on the 26th step below ground level on the custom island Kokomo by nova park. I built 28 steps (or 7 sets of 4 steps) below ground level and the bottom three steps were submerged in water {:
Field Researcher
#12163 Old 26th Nov 2022 at 6:39 PM
Today (actually a few days ago) I learned that a decent way to get the people in a University dorm to take better care of their needs is to put down the deep fryer from the store.

Everyone gets pushed to eat earlier and it gives powerful moodlets (like most of the premium content does) so they will use the fryer before they'll use the stove. With them filling their hunger need before it bottoms out, they actually go fill their other needs instead of standing there waving and pointing at their mouths. It won't help them pass their classes but at least your roommates aren't as miserable.
Mad Poster
#12164 Old 28th Nov 2022 at 8:47 AM
I discovered that cc eyeshadow is my friend. It won't switch to random, ugly Into The Future styles or other unwanted styles when you have your sim change clothes. And I can even get multi-channel designs which are so cool and often just what I was looking for anyway. I tend to be rather light on cc, but cc eyeshadow (and possibly other makeup) is a must.
Scholar
#12165 Old 28th Nov 2022 at 3:41 PM
I learned to go easy on the graphics settings. I may have better hardware now, but more is not always better!

I had been fiddling about the graphics sliders and I must have forgotten to put things back the way they were. Imagine my horror when I next loaded up my game and saw the whole horizon in Moon Valley breaking up into a sort of heat haze (rather like the mirage effects you see in the desert) and distant objects and buildings looking as though they were melting. I thought something serious had gone wrong with the game, or with the computer.

The culprit turned out to be visual effects slider. which I usual have set to low, but I had it turned up full. Once I turned it down to medium things returned to normal. Phew, panic over!

The moral: if things are working okay, DON'T fiddle with them!

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Top Secret Researcher
#12166 Old 3rd Dec 2022 at 11:24 PM
I just had the "Shoo Peeping sim" interaction for the first time since 2009. Unless I've forgotten.
Mad Poster
#12168 Old 9th Dec 2022 at 9:02 PM
Well it actually happened a week or two ago, but I found out that James Iha writes music for The Sims franchise now. That's so cool!
Field Researcher
#12169 Old 11th Dec 2022 at 6:15 AM
If you have Late Night, the University lot types that match the 3 social groups (rebel hangout, bowling alley, and comic book store) all have happy hours. You know, in case you want to have a rave themed comic book store.
Top Secret Researcher
#12170 Old 17th Dec 2022 at 11:54 PM
That I should provide all the vampires in my town with umbrellas.
My sims was busking in front of the grocery store and had quite an audience. Unfortunately, the four vampires among them caught on fire and died before anyone could put them out. Sims screaming and fainting all over, even the Grim Reaper passed out for a moment, my sim peed herself, it was carnage!
Inventor
#12171 Old 21st Dec 2022 at 7:43 PM
I discovered that I forgot almost everything since I haven't played the game for quite a while. Today, I decided to reinstall it and I was not even sure which DLCs I used to install and which I did not. (The only things I did remember was that University was quite a mess at the end and that I did not like the futuristic stuff at all. Oh, and that Katy Perry stuff is a must.) So I installed everything except the futuristic DLC and started the game.

The vanilla game runs fine. I have two sets of mods, a small one that I obviously made the last time I ran the game (no idea why; it has essential Twallan and a few other mods) and the big one with all the stuff I used to use, including some from sites long gone. The small one causes no problems but the big one crashes the game.

I know what to do now, more or less, but I wonder if there are any programs that can find outdated/corrupt mods? Or if you have any other advice?
Forum Resident
#12172 Old 21st Dec 2022 at 8:00 PM
I've done this accidentally a few times in the past but didn't pay much attention to what I pressed to get it to happen until recently, like yesterday. To quickly copy any held object in buy/build mode press shift-ctrl click. Now I'm going to this command to memory because it's useful for its quickness than going the CASt route for items that will have the same appearance such as windows, beds, chairs, etc.

Previous Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition (Hard Mode: Y!? All side missions and Riddler trophies/riddles/physical challenges completed in the main campaign.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham Knight
Inventor
#12173 Old 23rd Dec 2022 at 2:03 AM
To continue my saga: my Sim writer could not self employ. I did everything I could think of, nothing worked. Finally I googled the problem and on this forum, I found a thread from 2011, started by someone with the same problem, and in it an answer by qpldmff - "You have Ambitions, right? Just checkin'." Blood froze in my veins, I screeched to the game directory and no, although I thought I installed all the EPs, Ambitions was not there.

I think I would not have made this mistake in 2011, but years have passed and ...
Instructor
#12174 Old 23rd Dec 2022 at 4:34 PM
workaholic sim doesn't like being asked about their alma mater, me wonder why? the wiki doesn't say anything about it.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Instructor
#12175 Old 27th Dec 2022 at 10:46 PM
my sim just drew this graffiti. I guess he really cared about how the earth is feeling at this moment. shame thou, humans could learn one or two things from this game.

Screenshots

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Page 487 of 490