Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

-Foundation Challenge- Artist Converted Train Station

by Phaenoh Posted 25th Apr 2012 at 5:13 PM - Updated 16th May 2017 at 5:12 PM by Phaenoh

75 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 46 Feedback Posts, 28 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 6:44 AM Last edited by tanoka : 9th Apr 2013 at 3:51 PM.
The same was happening to me, Asdwer34, and I redownloaded the items that showed in flashing blue...(some need master files to work), and it shows up well at neighborhood view, but it still crashes.
I'm not sure if it's the CC, because it doesn't show flashing blue anymore for me but I still can't load it. I tried installing just the lot with Clean Installer (as I already had the CC installed) but it crashed as well.
I have all EPs installed, and all SP's but Kitchen and Bath and Celebration stuff.
Test Subject
#27 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 2:05 PM
Shouldn't the MASTER files be included as well? (Just asking)
In my case, only some rocks were flashing, the rest was Ok. Downloaded separately the files and -as you said tanoka- they stopped flashing blue. It didn't fix the crash problem, though. This lets to think it could be a problem with the furniture.

P.D: Forgot to mention I have all EPs and all SPs installed.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 4:08 PM
I'm actually thinking its a problem with the lot file itself. I'll make a new copy of it and upload it shortly.

I didn't include the master file in giant sets because that gives you the opportunity (actually forces you) to go look at the original set and decide if you want the rest of it or not. You are already paying the price for the master, all the others are like bonuses at that point.
Test Subject
#29 Old 7th May 2012 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
I'm actually thinking its a problem with the lot file itself. I'll make a new copy of it and upload it shortly.

I didn't include the master file in giant sets because that gives you the opportunity (actually forces you) to go look at the original set and decide if you want the rest of it or not. You are already paying the price for the master, all the others are like bonuses at that point.

I noticed you uploaded it today, and I installed the file for the first time, and it crashed my game. So it didn't work for me. =(
Test Subject
#30 Old 7th May 2012 at 10:57 PM
I'm sorry to say the updated lot still crashes the game for me.

I installed the complete sets of all linked CC (after the update) and used Clean Installer to get the updated lot into my game, with all included CC. I have every expansion and stuff pack except Bon Voyage, but this has never caused any problems in previous downloads, even when BV was required.

For what it's worth, the Torrox & Victorian Greenhouse sets aren't causing the crashing, they work fine on other lots.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 9th May 2012 at 4:47 PM Last edited by elfpuddle : 9th May 2012 at 6:27 PM.
This is so stunning. I'm drooling all over the place! Thank you so very much!!

In unhappy news, trying to enter the lot crashed the game for me.
All the custom content was put in the game properly, I used CleanInstaller for the lot, and I have all EPs and all SPs.
Test Subject
#32 Old 10th May 2012 at 11:15 AM
sorry, not working for me either, which is so sad, because I looked at this lot and it really made me want to play again... I haven't played sims 2 in ages!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 10th May 2012 at 1:18 PM
I'll try again this weekend. I *will* get it working, please be patient. Has the flashing blue from the neighborhood issues been resolved at least? I have so much repo'd stuff in my game sometimes I forget about the masters.
Test Subject
#34 Old 11th May 2012 at 12:04 AM
after downloading the masters the flashing dissappeared in my game. just still crashing when I try to enter the lot
Test Subject
#35 Old 11th May 2012 at 1:15 AM
I didn't see any flashing blue.

Click this.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#36 Old 12th May 2012 at 7:32 PM Last edited by porkypine : 12th May 2012 at 8:25 PM.
Phaenoh. This is such a gorgeous lot it's a shame it crashes. Did you use special terrain paints for the railroad ties? I think I remember that if terrain paints are are removed from the lot upload it can cause the lot to crash the game. I'd look at that and see if that is the issue. I guess I can download this and see if it crashes my game...

I've been downloading all the parts needed and if people do not read Luny's rug installation instructions correctly, they may but the bin file in the wrong place. I don't think that will crash the game but it could be one of the problems.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#37 Old 12th May 2012 at 7:41 PM
I've known about the evils of terrain paint for a long time and stopped using it then. I think the problem is with CleanInstaller breaking the file when it saves it without some of the CC I had to take out. I'm going to keep working on getting this fixed. Don't worry
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#38 Old 13th May 2012 at 12:25 AM
Hi Phaenoh. Ok i finally got everything downloaded and correctly installed an placed the lot into Veronaville (because I want this lot). As soon as I tried to enter the lot, the game crashed and closed. I've attached the exception log, if that may help you figure out what happened. Perhaps you can give it to one of the programers to have a look at it.

p.s. I have every SP and EP.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  Sims2Exception 2012.05.12 17.10.48.7z (3.1 KB, 9 downloads)
Test Subject
#39 Old 13th May 2012 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
I've known about the evils of terrain paint for a long time and stopped using it then. I think the problem is with CleanInstaller breaking the file when it saves it without some of the CC I had to take out. I'm going to keep working on getting this fixed. Don't worry

I would like to say that I don't have clean installer. I installed the file and the extra CC and it still crashed my game.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#40 Old 14th May 2012 at 12:22 AM
It will DEFINITLY crash your game if you don't install it with CleanInstaller. I created it in a full game environment and without CleanInstaller it will require all the SPs that I didn't tick off. Is this working in anyone's game that has all EPs and SPs?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#41 Old 14th May 2012 at 4:14 AM
I've uploaded a version of the lot that only contains the house in the .sims2pack. Please make sure you already have all the necessary CC before loading this one. If you are absolutely certain that you have all the CC I've listed and and all the EPs and SPs and it still crashes, that tells me that there is a problem with how CleanInstaller is saving the file for me. If it loads, then I know the problem was with the CC itself and I'll try harder to track that down. Sorry about all this, and thanks for helping me get it fixed!
Test Subject
#42 Old 14th May 2012 at 3:37 PM Last edited by elfpuddle : 15th May 2012 at 3:01 AM.
I have all SPs and EPs. I installed all the non-included CC correctly. The included CC was either already installed or installed with Clean Installer from the second lot (post-first series of crashes, but not the new one).
I installed the new, lot-only, lot.
I saw no flashing blue from the neighborhood, but when I tried to enter the lot, in lot/building mode, the game crashed.

ETA:
I'll go through and re-install included CC from the links, and see if that works better. I won't have time until the weekend, so don't hold your breath until then.

Click this.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#43 Old 16th May 2012 at 5:18 PM
Ok, new version up. Give this one a shot please.
Test Subject
#44 Old 16th May 2012 at 7:27 PM
Neither of the ones you have for download now worked in my game. :/ Both crashed my game after they had loaded about halfway. And I have all EPs and SPs.

No more flashing blue though, now that the masters are all downloaded. ^_^
retired moderator
Original Poster
#45 Old 16th May 2012 at 11:26 PM
This is seriously rediculous. I'm running out of options. I've uploaded a version that has all the extra recolors of all the CC inside thinking maybe CleanInstaller was having trouble with something in there. After this one falls I'll be working on trying to move my artist lady out without losing all her belongings, and when that falls, all I can do is rebuild from scratch.
Test Subject
#46 Old 17th May 2012 at 7:10 AM
:c This is getting pretty ridiculous. The most recent one also crashed my game, but you may want to wait for more feedback - I have a ton of downloaded items, so it may just be my game.

If you do want to move her out without losing belongings, Simlogical has an object called the "Stay-Things Shrub" that keeps the buy mode items on the lot when a sim moves out.
Test Subject
#47 Old 17th May 2012 at 10:51 PM Last edited by elfpuddle : 18th May 2012 at 12:40 AM.
I just installed the newest lot and am about to start the game (expect that to take hours...my DL folder is obese!)

I noticed the Rug Fix hack was included in the package. That .package file (zz_HL_RugFixesBin) is not supposed to go in the download folder but in the bin folder.
Might this be the problem?

I'll check back when I see how the new lot works in-game.

ETA: the newest lot crashed the game.
I'll continue sorting through CC from the links.

Yes, what I have is in the correct folder. Bin in bin, etc.

Click this.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 18th May 2012 at 1:34 PM Last edited by tanoka : 9th Apr 2013 at 3:54 PM.
Now this is getting weird. I downloaded the Extra CC file, and installed it. I placed the house in Desiderata Valley and I was able to load it. But then I tried to place it in my custom hood, and it crashed again. I don't understand anything.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 25th May 2012 at 1:19 AM
Well poo, I'm afraid I'm going to have to join the ranks of "Crashes My Game Also" I've got all the EP's and listed SP's, I installed it using CleanInstaller. I've tried to load the house both by moving a Sim in, and not. I'm kind of at a loss now what to try next

p.s. I also have all the master files, recolors etc.

Namárië! Nai hiruvalyë Valimar!
Farewell! Maybe thou shalt find Valimar!
--- J.R.R. Tolkien

Lúthien's Middle-earth
http://www.luthien-tinuviel.net

Lúthien Doesn't Live Here
http://amyluthien.tumblr.com/
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 13th Jun 2012 at 9:53 AM Last edited by Tazzianna : 13th Jun 2012 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Additional Information
I'm disappointed this lot crashes. I was looking forward to playing it. I hope you can remove this thread until it gets sorted out. My daughter installed this lot prior to my reading the feedback and only then did I read it because it crashed the game.

I decided to try troubleshooting it myself because I don't have a lot of CC installed. When trying new lots we generally remove the CC and test the lots by themselves and then run the Download Organiser to check for duplicates. Usually we install a handful of lots at at time in their own subfolders within the Downloads folder in order to keep track of everything. We have all eps and stuff packs installed.

I removed all CC and started from scratch. I installed the CC for this lot first and then installed your updated package file using Clean Installer. I noticed the Rug fix version you used is a bin version. Mine is an "all" version. I'm curious what the "bin" means. However I did not have mine installed during this test, only your version

Anyways getting back to topic... I then tried the lot in Strangetown which isn't played in our game but used to test new lots as of late. It crashed half way through loading. I then ran the Download Organiser just to be sure there weren't any duplicates installed by mistake. Nothing came up and this is about as far as my trouble shooting expertise goes lol. I hope it's helpful in narrowing down what the trouble is. We would really like this lot. You did such a lovely job on the details!

Good Luck!

Additional Information: I would like to note when going back into the game to delete the lot it goes for $96,209 which differs from your original price quote. That tells me there is missing objects or something perhaps?
Page 2 of 4