Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#201 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 5:07 AM
Advertisement
Alchemist
#202 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 11:13 AM
Does Brainania come with a secret society lot?

Just call me Nikel
Theorist
#203 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 11:23 AM
@nikel23
Yes, it does.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#204 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 12:26 PM
Essa, is there some way to make dormies members because it only spawned me 8 dormies and none wear the jacket.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#205 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 2:14 PM Last edited by Essa : 21st Mar 2016 at 2:33 PM. Reason: Edit after seeing Jo's post
Jo I'm afraid I can't help on that one.
AFAIK dormies in my game are all members of the SS. I don't know why. My playables barely interact with dormies.
They only wear their jackets on the SS lot.

Back in the days I had this cheat
Quote:
intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 20
set to 50. My sim was abducted and my game lagged. Then my sim was on a SS lot full of SS members.
Scholar
#206 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 2:25 PM
My dormies don't wear their member outfits at the dorm, not sure if it was a game update or caused by a mod. They do wear it when I meet them at community lots though so you might have members already.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Field Researcher
#207 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 3:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Essa, is there some way to make dormies members because it only spawned me 8 dormies and none wear the jacket.

If you turn on testing cheats and shift click the mailbox, create townies while in the Uni hood, it creates YAs - 50 I think. I just added to my pool, but I could be off on the number.
Field Researcher
#208 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 3:45 PM
mailbox- force create townies, creates 30 townies. I think it creates the same amount of YAs when done in a Uni hood.
Theorist
#209 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 4:16 PM
The way I found Secret Society members was going to the Uni community lots, watch the zones and pause as a sim just begins to show up. Mine never actually wore the uniform on lots. If you catch them fast enough, you will see the uniform which changes to normal clothes once they fully spawn. Another thing I noticed was a member walking by dorm about 10 PM while in the uniform. This might be a check to see if anyone there has the requirements, then the limo would show up about an hour later. It might be possible to talk to them too. If you happen to know who they are, match their picture to the college option to call any sims, you can gain points talking to them by phone. An easier way to get into S.S., other than cheats, is make friends with adult graduates before going to Uni. Of course, this only works if you have adults who have graduated. (: I haven't played Uni for sometime now, this info I learned in game prior to UC and don't know if things changed when other packs were installed.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Scholar
#210 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 5:40 PM
@Duine: Actually, those adults don't need to have graduated. They merely need to have been in college - even if they just bummed out or were expelled -, *and* they need to have been introduced into the SS.
Alchemist
#211 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 6:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
@nikel23
Yes, it does.

Alright, thanks! I'm pretty sure there's a way to turn a dormie into SS member, but it's been years since I last played TS2 so it's gonna take a while for me to figure it out. There's no dormie in my Brainania though. I never met one because it's populated by playable Sims already.

Just call me Nikel
Forum Resident
#212 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 10:25 PM
Is there a hotkey to switch through the slot placement on items? I'm watching speedbuilds and I noticed this builder in particular just keeps going through the slot placements, so there must be some sort of hotkey, I'd imagine.

"God created dinosaurs. God destroyed dinosaurs. God created Man. Man destroyed God. Man created dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs eat man...Woman inherits the earth."

- Michael Crichton, Jurassic Park

My Simblr | Hadi Family Tree
Link Ninja
#213 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ather
Is there a hotkey to switch through the slot placement on items? I'm watching speedbuilds and I noticed this builder in particular just keeps going through the slot placements, so there must be some sort of hotkey, I'd imagine.

'M' is the key you are looking for. I watch speed builds too and someone asked about it and the person said it was 'M'. Starting using it myself

P.S - thanks for the follows on tumblr!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Forum Resident
#214 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
'M' is the key you are looking for. I watch speed builds too and someone asked about it and the person said it was 'M'. Starting using it myself

P.S - thanks for the follows on tumblr!

Thanks for the help!

And you're very welcome. Your gameplay is... might I say... charming?

"God created dinosaurs. God destroyed dinosaurs. God created Man. Man destroyed God. Man created dinosaurs.

Link Ninja
#215 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ather
Thanks for the help!

And you're very welcome. Your gameplay is... might I say... charming?

Thank you and you are welcome! I hope to see more posts on yours in the future, and considering your spring breaks schedule...I think that may be true!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Forum Resident
#216 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
Thank you and you are welcome! I hope to see more posts on yours in the future, and considering your spring breaks schedule...I think that may be true!

Field Researcher
#217 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 11:20 PM
Here's my random/stupid question. I went on a search for eyeglasses to download and was surprised at how few I found. Are they hard to make compared to other cc, or do other people just not like to have glasses-wearing sims?
Alchemist
#218 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 12:34 AM
party questions::
can a party type be changed in the middle of a party (through any means)?
party Wants; do they get fulfilled regardless of who hosts the party or would the host need to be a specific sim for the Want to be fulfilled?
can 2 or more parties occur at the same time (through any means)?
Mad Poster
#219 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 12:47 AM
Party type can not be changed.
Only the person making the phone call to call the party gets the aspiration points for it.
You can overlap parties with dates and outings (even by the same person) so you can probably overlap parties with parties called by other household members. I've never tried it, but they should each get their own party meter, only seen when t he person throwing the party is the active sim.
You might as well try it.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#220 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 12:51 AM
Speaking of parties, what exactly is a "sports party"?
Forum Resident
#221 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 2:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Speaking of parties, what exactly is a "sports party"?

Just as it sounds. Sims watch sports on TV, their friends grab snacks from the fridge, and they watch the box and cheer a lot. Doesn't always work like that for me, but really works well with uni students.
Mad Poster
#222 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 5:21 AM
Thank you.

Another quick question: I'm considering upgrading my Windows 7 installation to 64-bit. Does the Sims 2 have any problems running on this?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#223 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 5:53 AM
Plenty of us use Win 7 64 bit, so no, but of course your millage may vary depending on what else you have set up.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#224 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 7:24 AM
Thanks. Might take a little longer than I expected. External hard drive's power adapter just went kaput.
Field Researcher
#225 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 1:20 PM
Years ago I downloaded a lot with an arch in front that the creator made with CFE. The triangles on that arch drive me crazy but I can't tear it down. I've tried all the normal delete functions and used the sledgehammer on it, but it doesn't move. Is there a trick to getting rid of something built using CFE?

Is there a general way to change things made with CFE? I have lots that were built using CFE that I'd like to modify but cannot figure out how.
Page 9 of 1346