Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#7451 Old 22nd Jun 2022 at 8:47 AM
@FranH -That was great to get what you'd wanted off that old hard drive and it looks like we're both playing historical versions of Pleasantview with both your game and my Pleasantview Epic Challenge which unlike your version is taking place as the town was founded at the turn of the 17th century as an early American colonial settlement.I'm populating it manually and will play it rotationally as the sims start to arrive and settle in.All of he early settlers will travel on woode sailing ships and take the risks of that journey to start better lives.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#7452 Old 22nd Jun 2022 at 12:36 PM Last edited by FranH : 22nd Jun 2022 at 8:09 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
@FranH -That was great to get what you'd wanted off that old hard drive and it looks like we're both playing historical versions of Pleasantview with both your game and my Pleasantview Epic Challenge which unlike your version is taking place as the town was founded at the turn of the 17th century as an early American colonial settlement.I'm populating it manually and will play it rotationally as the sims start to arrive and settle in.All of he early settlers will travel on woode sailing ships and take the risks of that journey to start better lives.

I have the easier task of populating it-according to the files, there are 212 characters in this town, most of whom are the pixels inhabiting it. The worst problem is that once I get them all into their houses, I have to put down the road, set up the house (certain items have to be set for play), change clothes for some of them (they don't automatically change into medieval dress, I have to make them) and other necessary items. It can be tedious-and only play the neighborhood properly when it is set up again to my liking.

There are 20 families, most of which are of parents and at least 3 children. More than a few have at least 5, and I only hope the house I put them in has enough room for them all!

I'm using the 'improvements' that I am doing in Arundel, but I know I'll have to reset all of the careers because the ones I used were taken out due to too many duplicating careers.

But it's fun! Now I gotta go and give the Plantagenet family enough money to buy their castle. Their previous one is far too small. I hope Eleanor approves of it!

Edit: I also kinda forgot why I left: it was getting really complicated..and required close paying attention. Maybe I can now.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#7453 Old 23rd Jun 2022 at 1:05 AM
I would have the easiest task in my PEC because I only get to move one couple in at a time and the first one will be all alone for at least the first year and might spend two years alone before another couple arrives.I'll be adding in the Pleasantview ancestors one couple at a time and a few extras who are part of the ancestory of the families like Eli and Ami Jankowsky who are one of the brakches of the Goth family's ancestory.The next sims will be Andy Plasant with her husband Carol who arrive a year or two later.
Field Researcher
#7454 Old 23rd Jun 2022 at 2:27 AM
Revisited my current hood, Vale. I got to meet Gaia Varanon, who is my first Generation 4 child. Nice.

She's a part-elf newborn, but all she does is poop. I am confident she will get far more interesting.
Mad Poster
#7455 Old 23rd Jun 2022 at 11:34 PM
I've made myself pay a visit to my Pleasantview game known as the Pleasantview Epic Challenge to update my water wells at both the service center and on the homestead where my first resident couple is to live.I've been working on getting it set up for when the first colonists arrive on board the wooden sailing ship that transported them over.
Screenshots
Scholar
#7456 Old 24th Jun 2022 at 6:57 PM
I had to restart my Strangetown. Things were getting out of hand, what with zombies and feeding Sims to the cowplant. But also, several of my Sims had Ninjas, Unsavory Charlatans, and other NPCs in their phone books. I'm not sure how it happened, but I thought it might be best to do a clean start. This time, I think I'm just going to focus on one household for each family and let the others just be townies or townie equivalents (i.e., not play them). I'm hoping by limiting myself, it might encourage me to take more time and keep the rounds from becoming so long that they get overwhelming.

I've set the new Strangetown up with a downtown this time, so there are more teens to hang out with, and the Travellers have bought a roadside motel where single Sims can rent room while they figure out who they're going to marry. I rushed all the current kids through college so I can get started. Of course, Johnny and Ophelia have bought a house and have plans to marry. (Johnny chose not to go to college, and Ophelia did have a brief fling with Buck Grunt of all people while they were in school, but she went back to Johnny once she graduated). In college, Tank seemed interested in Jill Smith, but once he graduated and moved into the Traveller motel, he promptly burned himself to death cooking a toaster pastry, so either Ripp or Buck will carry on the Grunt name. Right now, I have both of them in the motel with Jill, and I'll see if any couples form. I have yet to play the Beakers or the Curiouses.
Mad Poster
#7457 Old 25th Jun 2022 at 12:34 AM
I played the Royal Palace today in the Medieval Kingdom..and am pleased to say that Her Majesty, Eleanor, Queen of England and Duchess of Aquitaine, was very happy and pleased with her new accommodations.
She and the King proceeded almost immediately to have carnal knowledge of one another on the sofa in the Throne Room-they both want another child, because having only 1 son is not securing the kingdom (historically, they had 4 living sons).
Then they tried out the Royal Bed, and thus were successful in their effort to expand the line of heirs. Eleanor will give birth on Tuesday. God willing she lives through the ordeal.

Pictured: The Royal Palace-home of Eleanor and Henry Plantagenet.
If you look closely, you will find the family in front of their home: Eleanor, Henry, their son, Geoffrey, daughters Matilda and Emily (toddler).
Screenshots

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Lab Assistant
#7458 Old 26th Jun 2022 at 5:55 AM
New Port is slowly growing. I am currently at 112 actual sims, a SM 4, making total population of 448. I have two CAS points and I want to add them as two individuals. The only issue is, how do I make them? There are two half-alien teen girls that would like to get married, but no one really suits them well. Should I make two single sims for them? But I could also use the community lot points if I move them in as separate households. Perhaps only one gets to marry? Sad, but a reality.

Sadly, the first sim to move to New Port, putting it literally on the map, died this week from old age. John Bauer leaves behind his widow Gladys, three children, and eight grandchildren. His garden now sits empty with no more delicious vegetables to be picked. His children have no interest in growing their own food since the gas station has a small grocer.

Side note: It cracks me up how my sims randomly interact with each other, waving to each other across the lot or randomly flirting with their spouse in the middle of a crowded room at a party. My house parties are crowded and hilarious.

No chemicals or GMOs in my sims' food.
Scholar
#7459 Old 26th Jun 2022 at 4:19 PM
So the next iteration of Strangetown is going strong. Here are the families.

Johnny and Ophelia got married and had two daughters: Janice and Jayden. They are pretty successful, as Johnny is a journalist and Ophelia is a party DJ, and they have a small house. Johnny spends a lot of his free time fooling around with other women, which Ophelia knows nothing about it. She did catch Johnny and Kristen Loste flirting at a party, and that made her angry, but it was just flirting so they are trying to work out by Johnny doing plenty of groveling.

Ripp, who works as a Sous Chef, ended up dating Jill Smith after Tank died and got her pregnant so they had to get married. Their son (one of only two boys in the neighborhood!) is named Duke. They moved into their own little house, and then the bad luck started with two terrible fires on the same day. The first one was outside, and even though the firefighters were on the scene, it burned all day. It's a miracle it didn't kill them both. Then later that same night, the nanny set a fire in the kitchen. It turns out Jill was pregnant again and this second fire caused her needs to drop so she collapsed and died. Ripp made a go of it as a single dad for a while. He got himself out of aspiration failure by starting an affair with Erin Beaker, but he has no intention of remarrying. However, the nanny was setting a kitchen fire pretty much every night while Ripp was at work, and it got to be too much. After General Buzz died, Ripp and Duke moved into the old Grunt house, where Buck was already living so he could get rid of that awful nanny.

At the Curious house, Pascal had his alien daughter, Octavia, and then VIdcund got a abducted and had a son, Isaac. Around this time, Pascal and Nervous decided to marry, and Nervous moved into the house. Nervous wanted to adopt a baby, but Pascal thought the place was too crowded already and nixed the idea. Then Lazlo got bitten by a wolf and became the alpha werewolf of the neighborhood. He started out by turning his friend Loki into a werewolf at Loki's request. One night Vidcund set a terrible fire in the kitchen. I forgot they didn't have a smoke detector. By the time the firefighters were able to put it out, the contents of the entire kitchen and living room had burned, and everyone but Octavia (who slept through it) was in the red. It's a miracle no one died, but they pulled through. However, Lazlo turned Vidcund into a werewolf as revenge, even though Vidcund wanted to be a werewolf anyway. Around this time, Nervous's problems with Lazlo began. Next, Lazlo decided to bring Jill Grunt back as a zombie--he thought she might like it, as he sometimes wants to be a zombie. She was not happy. She stuck around long enough to have her baby, Lila, and then went off to wander perpetually in the desert. Nervous decided to adopt the baby, but unfortunately that didn't satisfy him--I think he suspected it was wrong to keep someone else's baby--and he is now in aspiration failure. He and Lazlo were fighting so much that Lazlo decided to moved into the Traveller hotel. Through all this, Octavia became the first teen and took the Knowledge aspiration, and Vidcund turned Pascal into a werewolf at his request.

In the Traveller motel, Trisha was dating around behind Trent's back--first Johnny, then Vidcund. Trent caught her, and they started fighting all the time. Tina became a teen and took the Fortune aspiration. Lazlo moved in and turned Trent into a werewolf. Then Trent broke up with Trisha and moved out. Trisha started seriously dating Vidcund and wants to marry him, but Vidcund doesn't seem to have any interest in getting married.

Loki and Circe Beaker had a daughter, Hela, who is really gorgeous. They spent all their time focusing on their careers and raising Hela in their image. She is certainly not at all nice. Loki had his friend, Lazlo, turn him into a werewolf, which fulfilled a long-standing want of his. I just found out Circe is pregnant again, very late in life--I was not expecting that! So there will be another Beaker baby soon, and I hope it's a boy.
Top Secret Researcher
#7460 Old 26th Jun 2022 at 7:58 PM
Malcolm Landgraab IV - First time i'm playing Malcolm and while I was playing other Sims he managed to make an enemy, piss off/be pissed off by another person but they aren't enemies, and made 3 friends. I forgot to use the IntProp cheat for more visiting sims because it'd been too long since I played so his businesses were struggling with no more than 2 visitors at a time, no matter what. But a struggling business in the beginning is normal, so whatever. He hired a sales person for the electronic store that mostly did nothing, so he got fired. The sales person for the club works just fine though so it's not broken. Initially I had Malcolm try to sell stuff but he made it worse 3 times in a row so I assumed he was just too grouchy and it'd never work, hence hiring the dude. But after I fired him Malcolm was just fine selling stuff. Musta had bad luck in the beginning. Him and Jason Larson got a thing goin' on. Crushes at the moment. I didn't even have to start it. I was going to but then they auto kissed all on their own. 2 bolts. Sims keep complaining trying to get into the hot tub. They can eventually but it's annoying. They also thought the front door was the door in the garage. I deleted it so that's fixed now but I think i'm going to have to rebuild the entire house, and the businesses. He's a fortune/popularity sim that just wants to use people to his advantage and so far he's doing good aspiration wise. He had a roof raising party with a few friends. Stella Roth wouldn't buy anything despite all his sales pitches helping she failed item after item after item. The electronic store is level 2 and the club is level 3. And that's with only 2 visitors at a time because I forgot the cheat.

My Simblr
He/They
Link Ninja
#7461 Old 28th Jun 2022 at 5:57 PM
Writing stories, making townies, re-arranging hood deco, the usual. I can't wait to get back in and play now that I have a new PC!

In fact, I finally did a big update on my old hood thread that's kind of a dumping ground for info of what's going on in my game.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Top Secret Researcher
#7462 Old 28th Jun 2022 at 9:02 PM
Tinker Household - Since Wanda has a higher toy making badge she'll be the toy maker for the toy business. Melody hopes to get into college. Stephen works on their logic to help get the cashier badge faster. Apparently Wanda wants to be the cook of the household as well because her OTH is cuisine. People were over and they started showing they were hungry so Wanda made a nice dinner and as soon as it's done, they leave. How rude. Since Melody wants to go into science they stargaze a lot. Since I don't want to take the toys out of Wanda's inventory one by one to put into Stephen's inventory one by one I made Wanda start the business. As soon as she opens the business the open/closed sign magically flips to open and what does Wanda and Stephen do? Time to ACR Woohoo! Like, no, y'all really need money stat now is not the time! But sure, whatever, i'll make your child Melody go close the sign so y'all can woohoo. I have a silent pregnancy mod and pregnancy test now but the way her needs were going down fast it was obvious she's pregnant lol. She did take a test to confirm and is now showing.

Larson household - They are part of the naturist religion so they forgo certain technology. Jason (she/they) takes up painting and Jodie takes up writing (I have a mod notebook so they don't need a computer to write a novel). The welcome wagon plus greeting everyone that walks by means they have a full day of company and a full house. Nervous, Lazlo, Don, Hi Thyme, Gilbert, and more townies I don't know their names. Since Jodie has secondary grilled cheese she gets 2 cooking skill points and makes everyone grilled cheese. Kicky ball and water balloons were played. Gilbert kisses some townie, cheating on Dina Caliente. Jodie takes up bug hunting. Jason goes on a great date with Malcolm at the Lulu Lounge and they ACR woohoo right away, trying for baby. They are not pregnant. Jodie goes on a date with Andrew Martin at the bowling alley. They woohoo/try for baby on the sofa. She's pregnant. Rocky Beech gets his first kiss with a townie while they are there. Andrew wakes Jodie and Jason up at 1:30am. They kiss on the front lawn while Malcolm sneaks up to leave a tv for Jason. They don't want a tv but they sell it so they can pay their bills. Initially Jodie's pregnancy test said she was not pregnant but 2 seconds later, she threw up. And now she's showing. The mod has a 5% chance of it being wrong. Checked pregnancy details, says 1 baby. Small chance there is 2, so we'll see later.

Julien Cooke - Gets out to use a community lot chess board at what is basically the community center because he needs logic for his job. Also greets some walkbys. While he's at the community center Almeric Davis kisses a townie. A townie I made with kids that I put into the adoption pool and then made her a townie. I might have them get together and who knows, maybe ironically adopt one of the kids that was hers for a brief moment in time. Aaron Baxter and Hunter Bigfoot are potential partners for Julien but there's no chemistry with either of them. He also caught Aaron eating out of his trashcan. Being a chef this appalls Julien. Julien has been promoted to waiter. Julien threw a good time party.

I am finally (took over a year) done round 1!

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#7463 Old 29th Jun 2022 at 6:04 AM
I've loaded my game up and decided to revisit one of my older apartment builds from my old computer to see how it looked as I've not seen it in almost ten years.
Mad Poster
#7464 Old 29th Jun 2022 at 5:18 PM
The Group Home in Emerald Heights got sick. Cold and flu at the same time. And just kept passing it around, over and over. None of them have a spare aspiration point for comfort soup (frowns at the family sims) and none of them could get one by getting a first kiss or whatever because sick. So I played them through the weekend (I like to play 5/2 rotations) and made them all stay home and those who were sick in bed, until finally Sunday night got the popup that the last one (Claire, the guardian) was better, double checked with the batbox, and saved and exited. So much for getting to go out and meet people on community lots on the weekend! Getting sick really has a way of wrecking your plans. Of the whole lot of girls the only one who was healthy enough long enough to do anything fun was little Rhonda, and she called up Ripp Grunt for a sidewalk date (locked the gate to household only so none of the sickies could get out) and made her little romance sim self happy. Even with the double plagues, the girls managed to all get up to passing grades and all of them except Rose got to level three in their careers, she's in education so had no chance to work after Friday. Claire's pretty darn proud that they're all looking likely to qualify for LFT, LGU, or SSU (and none of them have LTWs that require ALT). I'm a little more lenient on education requirements with the premade teens because they didn't have the childhood advantage of the aging mods. Paige even glued herself to the chess table for enough hours to get a logic scholarship!

The other sim who got sick so far this rotation was Chloe Curious-Smith in Strangetown, and Jenny Smith had her over and fed her comfort soup, so that was an easy cure. (And gave Kristen a bowl to take home, because seriously!)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#7465 Old 29th Jun 2022 at 8:56 PM
From Medieval PV:
Tiffany Burb, expecting one baby, had twins instead-and while her husband Brad was putting them into their cribs, she succumbed to childbirth illness (stress of moving).
Though deeply saddened, Brad was relieved when her insurance payouts happened, and he was set for life to care for their 4 children. Later he called up Countess Avicia Vladinya in hopes of rekindling their relationship.
He succeeded so well that when he booty called her later, she promptly came over. Then they fell in love with one another and Brad was so overwhelmed with love for her (and some money, plus status) that he proposed to her.
She accepted.
There is no date set for the wedding, although they are both anxious to get married-he for that mentioned reasons, and she for the fact that there's nobody else available. She'll make do with Brad, even with the brats.

Mad Poster
#7466 Old 30th Jun 2022 at 7:26 AM
I got a look at another one of my older apartment lots built when I was playing TS2 with disk installs on my older computer.Both condo units available for rent in this complex are dual entry and exit as I figured out how to make that possible.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#7467 Old 30th Jun 2022 at 8:13 PM
Erin Beaker - She calls her friends Chloe, Kristen and Lola who have moved in with their partners, leaving her alone. Lazlo gets summoned, I mean walks by, and Erin's turns ons/off magically change so they have chemistry. They chat. Blossom Moonbeam, JoAnn Gutenberg and Stella Terrano do happen to walk by and are greeted. Erin is promoted to lvl 5 Medium in the paranormal career. They have a party which is a roof raiser. Chloe wouldn't stop poking Kristen though while Erin was obvlious and flirting with Lazlo and then bragging to poor Kristen about their kiss.

Beaker household (loki, Circe and loki's alien spawn Mark) - Loki is angry at his toddler Mark for some reason. He does love him though, for now at least. Not sure about once he realizes poor Mark is full of 10 nice points! The shame! Mark does learn his toddler skills. Circe is in the law career and lvl 5 paralegal so far. She focuses on her career.
Then, i'm on round 2 now, in round 1 I had Circe fall in love with Vidcund and they even woohooed. I tried twice to invite Vidcund over being confused at his denials.

So, pretending that didn’t happen, I went over to the Curious household and moved out Vidcund and his alien spawn Nova. The first time there was an error and I had to exit without saving, poor Nova got left behind. I think because she was doing something as the second time I turned off free will temporarily, had her crawl outside and do nothing, then had Vidcund use the computer to move out and it worked just fine.

I moved them in that way but then saw their relationship bars went way down! I’m thinking all this has something to do with the scripting. Since Strangetown IS my main hood in my megahood that means the scripting is intact (unlike all the subhoods).

I just used sim manipulator to make their relationship maxed out, mutual and in love like it was. It all seems to be fine now. Hopefully I didn’t mess anything up *knocks on wood*.

I have plans.

So Nova and Vidcund now live with them. Vidcund loves his alien spawn Nova. Vidcund and Loki are often taking care of their toddlers while Circe ignores them all and focuses on her career. Nova does learn her toddler skills to. Loki and Vidcund have a ton of chemistry so they have a crush on each other right now.

My Simblr
He/They
Scholar
#7468 Old 1st Jul 2022 at 3:00 AM
A lot has happened in Strangetown in just a few rounds.

In the Traveller household, Tina went to college. I'm waiting to play her there until I get at least once more Sim in college.

Circe and Loki had their second child and it was a boy, so they named him Beowulf. Hela became a teen and took the Fortune aspiration. Loki became an elder. This is surprisingly my most drama-free, normal family, as they just focus on one another and their own careers.

After moving in with Buck, Ripp started an affair with Chloe Curious. While on a date with Chloe, he had a want to get married to... Erin Beaker. So OK, he went for it, proposed, and they got married right away. Duke became a teen and took the Popularity aspiration. Buck got turned into a werewolf by his friend, Trent Traveller, and then got a girlfriend, Klara Vonderstein (also a werewolf). After Ripp got married, Buck got a want to get engaged to Klara, so he proposed and moved her in. At this point, Ripp decided it was better to be on his own, so moved his family out to a new house, taking a sizable portion of the Grunt money with him to get started.

In the Curious household, Isaac became a teen and took the Romance aspiration. Both Octavia and Isaac got D grades in school. However, Octavia took it seriously, buckled down, and is doing her homework every day. Isaac took a different approach--ignoring it and hoping it will go away. Lila became a child and met her brother, Duke, who she recognizes as her sibling even though she was adopted into the Curious family. Nervous is still in aspiration failure, while Pascal became an elder. Vidcund had a bad date with Trisha and decided to break up with her.

In the Smith family, after being rejected one time too many, Johnny fell out of love with Ophelia, and they decided to divorce. Ophelia immediately wanted to get remarried right away, which she did, to William Williamson. William was very successful in the Slacker career, so Ophelia moved into his very nice house and left Johnny to take care of the children. Janice became a teen and took the Family aspiration. She wanted a boyfriend, so she and Isaac Curious started dating and eventually decided to go steady (yes, I know he is a cousin of some kind, but the game doesn't recognize him as related, which is fine with me--there are not a lot of people in Strangetown!). Jayden also became a teen and took the Pleasure aspiration. Johnny, now single, reconnected with Trisha Traveller, and they decided to get married.
Mad Poster
#7469 Old 1st Jul 2022 at 10:30 PM
I was in Pleasant Valley to prepare my Pleasantview Epic Challenge lots for the first couple to arrive.I installed some new content and wanted to see it in my game.It's near the time that the sailing ship with my first settlers is due to arrive in Pleasant Valley to unload the couple.
Screenshots
Scholar
#7470 Old 2nd Jul 2022 at 4:42 PM
What's happening... The Curious brothers had Lazlo and Loki over, and they had a werewolf hot tub party! Lazlo and Loki both prefer naked hot tubbing.

Also, thanks to the Sim Blender, I was able to give Lila Grunt familiar relationships with her brother Duke and her father Ripp despite being adopted by Nervous and Pascal. She and Ripp have become best friends. She is a mean little Knowledge Sim but appears to be very loyal to family.
Mad Poster
#7471 Old 2nd Jul 2022 at 8:09 PM
Quote:
What's happening... The Curious brothers had Lazlo and Loki over, and they had a werewolf hot tub party! Lazlo and Loki both prefer naked hot tubbing.

I hope someone had the presence of mind to clean up the hot tub after. Werewolf fur will clog up drains...

Scholar
#7472 Old 4th Jul 2022 at 1:28 PM
Ripp Grunt has been my favorite Sim to play in this iteration of Strangetown. I always like him, especially when I play him against type. This time, he had more children than anyone else--two by his first wife, Jill Smith (who was later zombified), and two by his second wife, Erin Beaker--and he was good friends with all of them. He was also friends with his nephew by marriage, Beowulf Beaker, who they took in when he was orphaned. He was very much in love with Erin and never thought about cheating on her. He was very successful in the Culinary career and owned one of the nicest houses in Strangetown. On his next to last day, he threw a birthday party for his youngest son, Skip, which was also a family reunion and a roof raiser. On his last day, he woohooed with Erin twice and died in platinum.

My second-generation families are all established now and they are:
- Hela Beaker (Fortune/Loki & Circe) and Jayden Smith (Pleasure/Johnny & Ophelia) and their adopted daughter, Esme
- Tina Traveller (Fortune/Trent & Trisha) and Lazlo Curious (cured of being a werewolf by Tina) and their son, Taj
- Jasmine Smith (Family/Johnny & Ophelia) and Adrian (Fortune/dormie) and their children, James and Jackie
- Duke Grunt (Popularity/Ripp & Jill) and Stella Terrano (who changed to Romance in college), baby on the way
- Octavia Curious (Knowledge/Pascal) and Trent Traveller, both werewolves, baby on the way
Lab Assistant
#7473 Old 5th Jul 2022 at 3:02 AM Last edited by MHS0501 : 8th Jul 2022 at 4:10 AM.
I'm currently on the last sims of my neighborhood round: University. Out of 14 potential candidates who could have gone, only 4 rolled the want to go, and I forced two to attend because their father is a huge Knowledge sim who I feel like would require his kids to go to college. I divided them into three pairs and here's what's happened so far:

Piper and Ulysses: Longtime friends, recently discovered they had feelings for each other. I decided to use the Junior year benefit to change their aspirations because a while ago I switched over to Sophie the Puffin's Weighted Aspiration Calculator and these two were the last sims to become teens for my old aspiration system. I figured if they didn't fail out or drop out they'd earned the right to better determined what they wanted out of life... the biggest thing to happen the first year was I'd sent them to class on the first day: they were leaving, went off screen as if they had left the lot, and then suddenly the camera panned over to a random corner of the building. I go up a few floors and somehow, the fire escape was on fire. Only the fire escape. I have no idea how or why... maybe someone got struck by lightning? Piper and Ulysses, stupid as they were, ran to panic and were on fire when I found them. I wrote them off as dead only for another dormie to die first, and for Grim to appear and magically extinguish the fire. By the time he finished reaping the poor dormie, the fire spread again and killed another random dormie and not Piper or Ulysses, who went to class after Grim finished the job because the fire was finally gone. They scraped by the rest of the year and managed to pass, declaring their majors and moving along... then Ulysses rolled the want to see a ghost and be saved from death. He had done everything he needed to in order to pass into Junior year, so I decided to indulge because there just so happened to be two dormie tombstones on the lot. I have several mods to make Death by Fright easier, so I decided to take care of his needs before sending him out to ghost hunt. After eight sim hours, in the wee hours of the morning, he managed to provoke one of the ghosts to scare him... turns out his needs were too low, and he dropped dead. Piper ran outside to plead for his life, but since I have a mod that lowers the chance of pleading success, she ultimately failed. I then decided "screw this, get her inside." On her way, at the top of the front steps, the same ghost scared her with her needs being low. She did not die, for some reason. I think the reason was that since she was facing a weird direction, the ghost animation that triggers the needs dropped glitched and failed, so she barely managed to survive the night. She went to her final, became a junior, and realized after failing to save her true love, her passion in life is now to find her one true love as a Hopeless Romantic sim... I have no idea if she'll ever get there. I expected when I changed their aspirations they would ultimately not be attracted to one another. Turns out the game had other plans for keeping them apart.

Sienna and Griffin: Sienna (Friend of the World, Popularity) is at college on her own: her boyfriend aged up without wanting to go to college. Despite that, she got woefully unlucky because she was knocked up by him upon leaving for college, and had a boy, Gray, halfway through her Freshman Year. Griffin is just a nice, well-meaning Knowledge (Good Scientist) sim who just wants to do his best and needed a place to stay. He's basically been turned into a maid/nanny while Sienna only wants to serve food, play the piano, and make friends with her professors. During a tryst with her boyfriend, they autonomously woohooed, and she became pregnant again, giving birth to a girl, Uma. Now with two children she's basically running herself ragged just trying to care for them and herself. That being said, she failed her sophomore year. She is currently on academic probation and barely managing to teach Gray any skills, while Uma constantly cries for some undetermined reason with a green icon. I recently put in a mod to reduce starting relationships between newborns and their parents, so this may actually wind up being the first family with a dysfunctional dynamic with their mom stretched too thin and their dad completely absent from their lives. The last time there was a baby born during the college round there was a literal village within the dorm and the girl had an army or cousins willing to babysit and raise the child with the father back in the main neighborhood, and since Griffin is very clearly interested in passing and only has a couch to sleep on, he's beginning to lose patience with Sienna begging him to clean and take care of her children.

Elena and Chadwick: Genuinely boring compared to the last two households, but they're both still alive and unproblematic, so I may be editing this post later if they wind up finding some drama I may be editing this post...

EDIT: The beginning of their Senior Year, Griffin and Sienna autonomously started flirting with one another. I was surprised but let it progress. They ended up woohooing, and on the eve of Sienna's graduation (she got put on probation several times) she actually wound up getting pregnant by him, but unfortunately miscarried after being determined to beat her professor in a chess match. Regardless, they've pooled their money and moved in together, and both seem happy. Sienna's "The One" according to ACR is still her baby daddy, but she hasn't rolled any wants for him yet so we'll see how it ends up going.
And Chadwick the more carefree Pleasure sim, wound up passing with good marks and although unconventional, has managed to outshine his twin sister as the more favored child to inherit his father's massive mansion because Elena, ever the Family sim, decided to woohoo with her boyfriend so many times that she got knocked up senior year. Trouble is her boyfriend decided to join the neighborhood religious order and is now likely going to be committed to that, so Elena is currently living in a little shack on the rural, woody side of town to raise her child/children alone. That said, nature is her one true hobby and she's interested in bug collecting, so somehow, this seems to suit her.
Instructor
#7474 Old 5th Jul 2022 at 1:38 PM
I am in the process of renovating Strangetown. I took a little break as I had family visiting but this weekend it's back into it again. I've also been going through my cc and mods to see what I really want to keep as I like more of a vanilla game. I have default replaces a lot of clothing and left the hair alone.
Scholar
#7475 Old 5th Jul 2022 at 11:15 PM Last edited by sturlington : 6th Jul 2022 at 3:24 PM.
A lot of craziness is happening.

First, in the Traveller-Curious household, some shocking events. Just after Tina and Lazlo's second son was born (Tahoe), Lazlo brought Crystal Vu home from work. They were talking in the kitchen, and out of nowhere, he laid a huge kiss on her right in front of his whole family. I didn't even know he still had feelings for her. Even though Tina slapped him, he went right on flirting with Crystal and dancing with her. Just completely brazen about it. Tina finally had to kick Crystal's butt and then send Lazlo packing. He moved back home and moved Crystal in right away. But he still comes over to the Traveller house uninvited every day to spend time with his kids and argue with Tina.

And then in the Smith household, and I swear I did not cause any of this to happen on purpose, but Janice Smith is pregnant, has the flu, and has food poisoning all at the same time--and then she set a huge fire in the kitchen. Does she have some kind of death wish? I really feel sorry for her. She tries to eat but pees herself and then falls asleep in her food. I hope she pulls through, but this is a lot to deal with all at one time.

Update: I played the Smith household again. Janice set a kitchen fire, gave birth, and then set another fire. This time she literally set herself on fire, and there was no saving her. How can I read this as anything but suicidal? Maybe the big family wasn't what she wanted after all? Regardless, the next time I went over to the Curiouses', Isaac Curious had a want to resurrect her. (Isaac and Janice were secret lovers.) He had access to the bone phone and the money, so he did it. As a result, Janice changed her aspiration to Romance and is now living with Isaac.
Page 299 of 351