Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#7576 Old 3rd Sep 2022 at 12:14 AM
Bianca Monty started her own business, a hair salon simply named Bianca's.

For some reason Consort Capp decided to visit, unfortunately Bianca didn't fail the makeover that time so he promptly got painted as a mime instead.

Before this, Bianca had visited a community lot and quickly become friends with the former garden club member Jill Smith (former because I haven't had Seasons in year, so the club's disbanded and they're just hanging out in Veronaville). At Bianca's, two people visited with whom she had two bolts and worked up a pretty good relationship score by talking and flirting. These turned out to be the garden club members Tiffany Zarubin and Allyn Thomason.

I don't know what it is with Bianca and garden club npc's, but now she's got a new buddy and two candidates for starting a family with. I think I'll have her date them both and see who she clicks the most with.

I am Error.
Advertisement
Instructor
#7577 Old 3rd Sep 2022 at 1:19 AM
On Orchard Isle, the O'Rourkes have settled into their new lives already. Micheal bought back the family's old commercial orchard and he and Evelyn were going there to get to work planting crops and sell some small shrubs, but on the morning they were going Evelyn felt so very, very sick and Micheal ended up going on his own. Could it be that they had ACR-woohoo:ed on the same day they moved in and tried for baby without my knowledge (I hadn't even started adjusting ACR settings)? Yes, yes it could. So Michael got the help of some cheating to keep the orchard and shop running and while they're still far from getting back what they have invested, at least they have started taking in money. Halfway through his community lot session he got to have a date with his wife and tent woohoo under the lemon trees got his aspiration up to platinum so he could get his silver gardening badge and his first two business badges. Evelyn had a quiet day with some studying and bubble baths and then helped Suzy with her homework. She also had her first bump and looked so innocently surprised. Dang it, Evie, you were going to focus on skilling and your marriage now that Suzanne is growing up! I hope the new little one throws up on you, I really do. Imelda is still keeping an eye out for old acquaintances but she got to date a much younger townie to get her aspiration points up and seemed to have an okay date. Suzanne is hunting bugs like a madwoman and viewing her antfarm and discovering new stars - no new teen friends so far, but she has her nan to hang out with when her socials get low.
Forum Resident
#7578 Old 3rd Sep 2022 at 4:42 PM Last edited by kanzen : 3rd Sep 2022 at 5:40 PM. Reason: added stuff
saw some very recent comments on my very old lot downloads here on mts so i got a lil sentimental. I booted up my game after years of inactivity and visited the lots I made over the years. they're all so pretty and i felt quite good about myself.

played 3 families who are friends with each other. the last family in my rotation had twin kids growing to teen and I worried about who am I gonna partner them with. one boolprop display gender pref later and poof-- they got no preference =))
not sure if this meant they're pan or ace but good for them, good for them.

I also discovered that I prefer playing in smaller lots - especially smaller community lots. They're more efficient as they don't distract sims with so many things and they're easier on my old PC
Mad Poster
#7579 Old 4th Sep 2022 at 2:41 AM
I have a fairly big thing to worry about right now, which worrying won't help in any way, so I've been spending some concentrated time alternating between tumblr and playing Turpitudia with a great deal more concentration than it really deserves. (It looks great, though.) At the moment, the Tinker household consists of Wanda (pregnant by Stephen) and Stephen, Melody and her wife Ivy nee Copur, Wanda and Stephen's twins Harmony and Threnody, who are children, and Wanda and Checo's twins Stephanie and Wendell, who are toddlers. Ivy had a trust fund, so their financial woes are over for the time being. Since Wanda wants to marry off six children, the plan was to move Melody and Ivy out after the current pregnancy comes to term, in hopes that this will keep the twin benefit from kicking in. (I have Larger Households, so it might not.) However, just now I took a peek in their inventories, and found that, in addition to all the furniture II'd already had Melody buy in preparation for moving out, Melody had bought a TV; and she rolled a "Have Baby" want. Ivy, meanwhile, had gone shopping at the Jacquet's bakery, and bought a cheesecake.

Okay, girls, I can take a hint...You'd think Melody'd know better, but maybe if they move in her other teen girlfriend or which ever one of the two teen boyfriends I grew up with her does the honors, it won't be that big a deal...

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#7580 Old 4th Sep 2022 at 8:08 PM
Oberon and Titania Summerdream skipped work and got married, inviting all of their respective friends. I stop playing at six so the gathering isn't over yet, but so far Kent and Consort Capp have both gotten into fights with Antonio Monty. Maybe they can have some father-son bonding over that.

Kent later came by to kick over Antonio's trashcan. He's such a hypocrite, pretending to be above the feud. Or, seeing as he and Antonio are two-bolters, he's just being like a schoolboy pulling at the hair of the girl he likes. Anyway, Benedick and Beatrice grew up so the Monty family plus Bottom Summerdream came over to celebrate, although Isabella and Romeo were the only guests in mood for cake.

Their aspirations randomized, Benedick became a knowledge sim and Beatrice a pleasure sim.

Isabella Monty is really getting into gaming, and got an invitation to the hobby lot. Mercutio invited Hermia over while Isabella wasn't looking and went to a community lot with her. I hadn't planned for her to follow him back home afterwards but she did, and Meructio went to work leaving Hermia to help herself to the food and video games. Isabella didn't mind her being there though and even tried to hug her, and later on they played SSX 3 together.

I am Error.
Test Subject
#7581 Old 4th Sep 2022 at 9:32 PM
I could not understand why Jules Tricou had no wants at all about Emmy Bar.Three bolts and that does not happen often in my game. I had just reset ACR to fix a jealousy issue on a lot. Maybe ACR was causing the problem and did I have to reset ACR again? I thought moving Emmy with Jules would fix it. But no. Maybe the neighbourhood was becoming corrupt? Was it possible that she was a forbidden NPC? She was a hostess in a restaurant where Jules met her.

But now that Emmy had moved in I could click on the Adjuster to check her stats. No options. Mmm. I forgot to give her a token!On the plus side she became pregnant right away. They are now married and have a baby son, Armand Tricou.
Field Researcher
#7582 Old 4th Sep 2022 at 10:18 PM
Three years ago this month(!), I mentioned a child of Titania Summerdream and Consort Capp born by the name of Ariana Summerdream. The last time I played, she got married to Mike Smith (a personal Create-A-Sim addition to the neighborhood). Sorry the picture is kinda dark, things got late in-game and they tied the knot after dark.

Mike took the Summerdream last name and the two immediately moved out of the Summerdream Estate for a quieter life on their own. They would otherwise be sharing the Summerdream Estate with Titania, her husband Kent formerly-Capp, Bottom, Titania and Kent's teen daughter Kaya and Bottom's teen son whose name escapes me at the moment.

What Mike doesn't know is unlike Ariana's ambitious and industrious family histories, Ariana has zero interest in working a single day of her Sim life.
Screenshots
Instructor
#7583 Old 5th Sep 2022 at 7:16 PM
Loads of things sem to happen at once on Orchard Isle. Suzanne rolled a want to get into private school and I decided to suspend the pregnancy for Evelyn and focus on other things for a while. For some reason, I'm really not feeling playing a newborn right now. So, headmaster was invited. Three times, just like in a fairytale, because I kept forgetting about him - Imelda has had a lot of dates and Michael has been over at the orchard a lot taking care of the family business. On the last attempt, after Imelda smooched him to oblivion, the headmaster finally allowed Suzy a place at his fine institution. Some other things happened meanwhile, though. First, Suzanne greeted a teen boy by the name of Corin Ladulås. They got on well at a start, then she noogied him. She should have some friends her own age, so I've kept inviting him over but they never get their relationship score up to friendship state because one or other of them always ends up noogie:ing the other. Corin gets along spendidly with all the headmasters, though, he kept distracting them by telling them jokes and one of them glitched out when Corin invited him to hang out. SIgh! Imelda seems to have found a love interest. She's had some so-so dates with some so-so matches, but on the same day the last headmaster came, there was an elder townie mane name of Fergus De La Pole who walked by and the headmaster visit was run in parallell with their dream date.

Michael is seriously misbehaaving but I am also proud of him. He's spent a lot of time at O'Rourke's Orchard and has got his gold gardening badge and all the monetary business perks and one more business badge, so well done him! The family has no more money trouble now, they were in a bit of a tight spot for a while. But during his time at the business lot, he met a uni girl called Yara Fossum and he struck up an affair with her. She was greeted during off hours to be cheated selectable as a help with gordening and they ended up ACR woohooing and it's now a full blown romance. I feel a bit sorry for Yara, it's all my fault she's involved with a married man a fair bit older than her, I was the one who thought she would be handy as a garden helper. But most sorry I feel for Evelyn, who suspects nothing and gets all the usual attentions from her husband. I hope the romance goes undetected! Yara should focus on getting her degree and Michael is about to become a father again, with five days left to elderhood.
I've let the pregnancy resume now. Whatever happens with Michael's romance, I think I'll at least let Imelda move out and maybe live with Fergus, that will free up a room. If Michael is caught cheating I think EVelyn would throw him out because she trusts him so completely now and will feel so betrayed. In that case, I will have the baby living in her room til they child up, so I can stay on top of its needs easier.
Scholar
#7584 Old 6th Sep 2022 at 2:37 AM
Kent Capp and Oberon Summerdream Monty are now a couple and they moved downtown into a swank townhouse where they can better enjoy their Slacker lifestyle. (Kent died early on in a fire but was resurrected by Oberon. Oberon divorced his wife Bianca for Kent when she caught them flirting together.) Their first visitor was my cafeteria lady turned Downtownie--her name is Kendal--who just walked in the house uninvited and hung out for most of the afternoon. Well, Oberon welcomes all visitors! He even makes out with a few of them--not Kendal, but he was certainly happy to see Regan Capp walk by, and showed it.

Also, Loki Beaker fulfilled his Lifetime Want and became a Mad Scientist! This came about somewhat by accident. He got fired and then looked for another job in the Science career and got hired back at a higher level, as Theorist. Thanks to his sister living with them and her wants to make friends, he was able to network enough to get promoted and is the only Sim in my megahood on permanent platinum. Of course, his very first night at work he took a bad chance card and lost all their money. But they wouldn't be the Beakers if they weren't scrounging to pay their enormous bills.
Forum Resident
#7585 Old 6th Sep 2022 at 6:47 PM Last edited by kanzen : 6th Sep 2022 at 8:15 PM. Reason: added stuff
working on my first custom university hood! It's looking good so far and I'm excited to build

sc4 map is tiny isle by sedgez https://modthesims.info/d/175807/ti...ghbourhood.html
building on the hill is Sports & Recreation center by Myst Angel https://modthesims.info/d/574564/sp...item-no-cc.html
Other than those, I placed 2 lots I made before aaaaand I plan to build everything else. CC free if possible so I can upload them

edit:
one of my old community lots in the uni hood have missing items so I went thru some old threads here to see if I linked the thing I need lmao
alas, that didn't work out. my beautiful warehouse brickwork deco facade is gone forever GONE I SAY
my last ounce of hope made me type the name of the lot on start and it located the pack file it was with me all along!

when I have the time to clean this up, maybe i'll upload it for safe keeping. phew!
Screenshots
Scholar
#7586 Old 7th Sep 2022 at 12:04 AM
I have had the first marriage of two born-in-game Sims in my megahood. They were Gino Caliente, son of Nina and Don Lothario, and Jade Smith, youngest child of the Smith family. They met and fell in love in college.

Jade had to drop out of college early because she got sick during the great flu epidemic, and she moved back home. Fortunately, she got healthy there and entered the working world. She stayed close with Gino while he completed his studies. When Gino graduated, he moved into the Curious house. He got close to Lazlo and Vidcund when he and his mother lived there while he was a child and Dina was married to Lazlo (they are divorced now). After Daniel left Nina and went back to Mary-Sue, Nina and Vidcund got together, and they are a very happy, if odd, couple--so Gino had another reason to move in with the Curiouses. However, when Gino moved in, he died very quickly when Vidcund set a fire with the barbecue grill. But because Lazlo is fairly high up in the Paranormal career, they were able to resurrect him--he came back with the Pleasure aspiration (previously, he was Knowledge).

Jade and Gino weren't able to afford a wedding party because a lavish wedding had just been held for Jill and Buck Grunt--their second attempt, this time successful. Jill is now expecting. Also living in the Smith house is Jenny's boyfriend, Darren Dreamer, and her stepgrandson? (or nephew?) Mickey Curious, a teen. Mickey (son of Lola and Ajay Loner) was an early casualty in the flu epidemic, but Jenny was finally able to resurrect him, thanks to Darren's help. (Darren is also high up in the Paranormal career). Fortunately, Buck's recently vacated condo in Pleasantview was still available, and that's where the young couple moved. They have no chemistry now (despite Gino getting glasses, and both of them drinking the ReNuYu), but love is love, and chemistry isn't everything. Gino took the Smith name, since he feels so close to the Smith-Curious family. I wish them the best plus a beautiful baby or two--with Gino's genes, that's a good possibility.
Forum Resident
#7587 Old 7th Sep 2022 at 12:52 AM
Modesty and Gurra Neighbour spent what I thought would be the last day for one or both of them hanging out in the Strangetown swimmingpool area, as well as in bed talking, cuddling and kissing. But it wasn't their time yet, so ultimately they just had a nice day. Their age bars are very full though, so I moved them out to put in another house next round so that their eventual gravestones can easily be moved to where the rest of the family lies. They'll probably go with one of Modesty's cousins.

Since Houdini Beaker and his father Crescendo Neighbour just moved into a new house, Houdini had a day off from school. They spent it on the game hobby lot. Crescendo's not above cheating against his own kid at chess, otherwise it was a good time and Houdini earned his own invitation to the lot. Their household consists of the two of them for a few days more, but what they don't know is that by now, Crescendo's a father of two and Houdini a big brother. A little daughter/sister is waiting for them in the adoption pool.

Houdini's mother Erin, meanwhile, was living it up in the collective for the elderly where she lives. She had a pajamas-date with Justice Larsen-Neighbour that was just ok, but after the date ended they started getting it on. Justice also dated Gilbert Jacquet the day before. (Justice, who just so happens to also be the brother of Houdini's aforementioned new sister, as is Justice's younger brother Monsoon who just moved into the collective, as is Justice's late first cousin once removed Nessie who died of old age many years ago.)

Tank invited all of his friends for his birthday. He's made quite a lot of friends throughout the years, and done a good job of keeping them, including BFF's I wasn't even aware that he knew as well as both of his brothers, Bella Goth and apparently Johnny Nigmos. I remember they chatted in the hot tub at the aforementioned Monsoon's birthday party, but I had no idea they actually became friends. In the foreground with red hair is Asta Kjellen, Tank's first ever friend.

The cool gang and eventually the whole party migrated upstairs where Tank also grew up to an elder. Johnny took a ridiculously long shower. Tank now wants to get married. Monsoon might be the most suitable candidate. Otherwise he's involved with Bella Goth, but I highly doubt she'd want to settle down like that, although I will miss them together if/when he gets married. There's also a woman named Silver who was his first date and kiss, they haven't met in a long time but she actually asked him on a date that he had to decline since it was his birthday and he was just gonna invite her over for that (at which point she apparently wasn't available). Monsoon and Tank do seem very in love though, whereas Tank and Silver are only at crush level. But he's still young for an old person, so there's time to see what happens. In the meantime I packed his belongings into his inventory, because he's moving back to Strangetown.

I am Error.
Scholar
#7588 Old 7th Sep 2022 at 11:58 PM
Sometimes it takes time and life experience for our Sims to see what should have been obvious from the beginning--which I guess is true of us humans, too. I could see that Johnny Smith and Ophelia Nigmos were each other's one true love when they were in college together, but I followed their wants anyway, and it took a failed marriage for both of them before they figured that out. Johnny seemed to realize the depths of his feelings for Ophelia during the baby shower he threw for his baby daughter. By this time, his marriage to Miranda Capp was falling apart, and Ophelia was long divorced from Tybalt and now engaged to Ripp Grunt. It was very hard for Johnny to see his two best friends together at the party, made even more difficult when they both volunteered to stay afterward to help clean up. Johnny tried to keep himself away from the couple, moving in to clean in the kitchen when they were in the living room, then moving to the bathroom when they came into the kitchen. But in the end, he couldn't hold in his feelings any longer, and Ophelia realized she felt the same way about him. Of course, Ripp got his heart broke, but you can't stand in the way of true love.

Don't worry--Johnny loves his friends. He was able to work things out the next day with Ripp, just by sitting down together and talking it out. I think even Ripp saw that they belonged together. Later, Johnny asked Miranda officially for a divorce, then asked Ophelia to move in with him and Jamie. Ophelia has had a tough time lately. She lost a lot of her furniture in a fire, and then her car was stolen, and she could barely make ends meet. So I made an exception to my rule that only married non-elder couples could live together--Ophelia really needs Johnny right now, although neither seems to be ready to jump back into marriage after being burned before. I really hope that those two will stop getting distracted by other potential loves and focus only on each other from now on.
Mad Poster
#7589 Old 8th Sep 2022 at 7:52 PM
Building a custom hood has taught me a lot already and I will probably learn a lot more as I build on. Knocking myself on the shoulder, for this builder has mastered the CFE cheat - Eureka moment today as I finally - and kind of unexpectedly - understood why some things work and others do not! I am having a lot of fun, actually - people are sending me pics of the real homes in the town I am building, as well as some of the community lots! Hopefully my hood will be ready at Christmas - one has to have a target, and it may be doable if all else works as normal
Forum Resident
#7590 Old 9th Sep 2022 at 1:31 AM
I deleted my Pleasantview. Seeing as I've moved on with my sims from there after recreating them in Strangetown, as the Pleasantview had begun to act off, I thought I might as well rather than have it sit there as clutter.
Before I did that, however, I had to go in and tour a particular house: a "Sporty Shack" in which a 13-year-old Kligma once moved in a fellow named Neighbour Neighbour to try out the features of the new expansion pack Freetime.

A house that Nina Caliente later moved into as well, in which the first in-game born generation Neighbours grew up, and four generations lived out their last days in maxmotived bliss before going to rest in the backyard (save for Neighbour Neighbour and his and Nina's oldest child Pony Neighbour, whose graves and indeed their entire character files disappeared without a trace at some point).

I found myself inspired by my younger self's carefree approach to home decorating. I find decorating houses boring for the most part and do it out of obligation, but then again it can mean anything. It can mean a room solely for housing a podium, a piano, a dalahorse and a robot, with some paint splatter on the floor for good measure. It can mean a flashing neon tile in the bedroom with a crystal ball move_objects-stolen from the fortune teller's hand on it.

In general, I used the move_objects thing a couple of times in this house as my way of creating "clutter" to make it seem more lived-in and messy. For instance there's a water bottle next to an exercise bike and a remote control on the floor by the television.
Going into the kitchen I recalled one of my forum posts from when I'd just joined MTS, where I mentioned a toy car blocking the fridge and that I had a sim go play with it to move it out of the way since it didn't cross my mind I could just move it myself. And there it was, once again blocking the fridge...

I'd bet more smustling's been happening in this livingroom than anywhere else in my game combined. (It's also where my profile picture was taken.) At some point, probably after I started playing on a laptop, I had to take away Seasons, and then I replaced the door with an archway leading right out into the backyard. I did the same in the current Strangetown house/burial ground for elderly Neighbours in honour of this one.
Fittingly, unfittingly, I'm not sure, everyone in the household had gathered a bit away outside the house leaving me to roam it one last time alone, as if they'd already left.

I am Error.
Forum Resident
#7591 Old 9th Sep 2022 at 9:26 AM
playtesting one of the dorms I made
one of the dormies claimed a dorm and just stood outside it. all the objects/furnishing in the hallway outside his dorm room disappeared as if he's inside his room - including a spiral staircase.
the objects are still there in buy mode, and other dormies can use/see them in a way i mean my guy is stepping on air here completely unbothered!

I'm gonna need to rework this baby
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#7592 Old 9th Sep 2022 at 10:59 AM
Her Esteemed Grace Juliette Capp, Grand Duchess of Veronaville, sends her condolences, and those of the inhabitants of the Grand Duchy of Veronaville, to the British Royal Family, and to the peoples of Britain and the Commonwealth.

From Capp Manor, Veronaville -- 9th September 2022

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Instructor
#7593 Old 9th Sep 2022 at 12:11 PM
I took a break from the O'Rourke's, who seem to stubbornly refuse any kind of planning or ideas from my side at the moment, and made sure some of their acquaintances were looked after. Fergus De La Pole, who dated grandma Imelda, was a "proper person" to me from the first time he interacted with her, so he got a backstory including a CAS sister. He and his sister Abigail now share the small cottage on Rencken's Loop 4, at the opposite of the island from the O'Rourkes. They both grew up on the island but left for uni and never really went back much until they both retired. Abigail has started painting like there's no tomorrow, because after a life of decorating newly opened stores she wants to express her creative side without restrictions. Fergus himself wanted to hang out with his old friends from his youth and spend his time fishing, but he soon found he couldn't really reconnect with the old crowd and fishing got boring. So now he's invested in a small boutique on the mainland (Pleasantview, to be exact) and built a small flat on top of it. His secret plan is to propose engagement to Imelda and then spend most of his time there with her, running the store and chatting to people who associate Pollock with paint splatter and not with saltwater. He used to teach art history in Veronaville, so that kind of thing matters to him - I hope Imelda can live up to his idea of her as a cultured woman!

Next step was checking in with Yara Fossum at Académie Le Tour. She was the student who ended up in a romance with Michael O'Rourke after I thought it was a good idea to make her selectable and have her help out at the orchard. I thought she deserved a life of her own, with options, so I made her a CAS friend, Emilia Nicholls, and let them move in two dormies, Svante Shastina and Axel Magnell. Emilia keeps stealing the show from Yara by doing spontaneous fun stuff, Yara spends most of her stuff skilling up like the knowledge sim she is, and Svante and Axel somehow managed to pass their first exams without ever making an effort of any kind. Most of the time they play the instruments I let them have, guitar and drums, so maybe they will form a band in the future. One really nice thing that happened was that Axel ACR-courted Yara from the day they moved in, and they have been flirting and having lower end romantic interactions since. I don't know if it will be enough to distract Yara from Michael O'Rourke (she had a want to date him and needed aspiration points, so they have seen eachother again), but at least she has options now, options that suit her much better. Before I ended last playsession, I just wanted to make sure pregnant Evelyn was doing okay, and just after I entered their lot she went into labour. I didn't really have time for a birth, so I saved the game and left, which means I have something fun to look forward to when I play them next time, and no more taking care of pregnant sim for a long, long time!
Forum Resident
#7594 Old 9th Sep 2022 at 3:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kligma
I deleted my Pleasantview. Seeing as I've moved on with my sims from there after recreating them in Strangetown, as the Pleasantview had begun to act off, I thought I might as well rather than have it sit there as clutter.
Before I did that, however, I had to go in and tour a particular house: a "Sporty Shack" in which a 13-year-old Kligma once moved in a fellow named Neighbour Neighbour to try out the features of the new expansion pack Freetime.

A house that Nina Caliente later moved into as well, in which the first in-game born generation Neighbours grew up, and four generations lived out their last days in maxmotived bliss before going to rest in the backyard (save for Neighbour Neighbour and his and Nina's oldest child Pony Neighbour, whose graves and indeed their entire character files disappeared without a trace at some point).

I found myself inspired by my younger self's carefree approach to home decorating. I find decorating houses boring for the most part and do it out of obligation, but then again it can mean anything. It can mean a room solely for housing a podium, a piano, a dalahorse and a robot, with some paint splatter on the floor for good measure. It can mean a flashing neon tile in the bedroom with a crystal ball move_objects-stolen from the fortune teller's hand on it.

In general, I used the move_objects thing a couple of times in this house as my way of creating "clutter" to make it seem more lived-in and messy. For instance there's a water bottle next to an exercise bike and a remote control on the floor by the television.
Going into the kitchen I recalled one of my forum posts from when I'd just joined MTS, where I mentioned a toy car blocking the fridge and that I had a sim go play with it to move it out of the way since it didn't cross my mind I could just move it myself. And there it was, once again blocking the fridge...

I'd bet more smustling's been happening in this livingroom than anywhere else in my game combined. (It's also where my profile picture was taken.) At some point, probably after I started playing on a laptop, I had to take away Seasons, and then I replaced the door with an archway leading right out into the backyard. I did the same in the current Strangetown house/burial ground for elderly Neighbours in honour of this one.
Fittingly, unfittingly, I'm not sure, everyone in the household had gathered a bit away outside the house leaving me to roam it one last time alone, as if they'd already left.

That mobile home, or trailer, is what I call them in the 2nd and 3rd picture looks almost exactly like the one I used to live in as a child. Looking at it made me really homesick and how I wish I could go back in time. Just one of those funny states of mind I get from time to time.
Forum Resident
#7595 Old 9th Sep 2022 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
That mobile home, or trailer, is what I call them in the 2nd and 3rd picture looks almost exactly like the one I used to live in as a child. Looking at it made me really homesick and how I wish I could go back in time. Just one of those funny states of mind I get from time to time.

Oh wow, I see. Yeah, I get that state of mind. I've been thinking about my grandparents' old house a bit lately, myself. (And now this sims-house gives me a similar feeling, albeit on a smaller scale).

I am Error.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7596 Old 9th Sep 2022 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Her Esteemed Grace Juliette Capp, Grand Duchess of Veronaville, sends her condolences, and those of the inhabitants of the Grand Duchy of Veronaville, to the British Royal Family, and to the peoples of Britain and the Commonwealth.

From Capp Manor, Veronaville -- 9th September 2022

:lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

Also:
https://modthesims.info/showthread....147#post5853147
Forum Resident
#7597 Old 10th Sep 2022 at 4:32 AM Last edited by kanzen : 10th Sep 2022 at 7:55 AM.
playtesting my dorm again and my tester sim, Grace has a LTW in Education career but for some reason wants to declare a Math major.
unfortunately, Math doesnt match well with Education career... (If she doesn't plan to be a Math teacher forever, I guess it makes sense.)
so I chose Psychology instead --then suddenly I heard this funny little noise.
lo and behold, she has a fear of declaring psychology! hahaha oh dear! i never expected the red -1000 aspiration points and somehow this made this playtest more enjoyable

update: Grace made 2 bffs and... well, I suppose if she managed to do that on her own while maintaining good grades in a dorm of 14 sims, perhaps the playtest is a success
Scholar
#7598 Old 10th Sep 2022 at 5:18 PM Last edited by sturlington : 10th Sep 2022 at 5:29 PM.
It finally happened. I had the worst yard fire I have ever seen in the history of my game. It was at the Monty ranch. Palm tree, lightning strike, rain stopped. The fire department was called but there was not a lot they could do to contain the flames. The fire truck itself burned to ashes (although interestingly, the family car was OK). It went on for (game) hours. Eventually, I just let it run and went on to do other things because it was making my game lag so badly. When I came back, only Banquo (son of Mercutio and DJ Verse) had survived, and I was pretty impressed that he did. Fortunately, there was leftover turkey in the fridge for Banquo to eat. After he recovered, I was able to grow him up to teen--he was almost there anyway--and move out all the graves and then move him out because that house is going to have to be bulldozed.

Banquo's closest living relative is Beatrice Capp (now married to Hal). They were living a pretty modest life in Pleasantview. With Banquo coming to live with them, Beatrice becomes the heir to the Monty fortune. That makes them richer than the Goths, now that the Goth fortune has been divided between Cassandra and Alexander. I don't think Hal and Beatrice even know what to do with all that money, but they started by moving into the nicest house in Pleasantview (that three-story one). I really like Hal and Beatrice--they're a sweet couple who have been together since college and are good parents. I hope all this money doesn't change them.
Forum Resident
#7599 Old 12th Sep 2022 at 7:37 PM
I called the fortune teller, I paid her to the maximum and she suggested my simself to date with the old Vladimir Goth...I am still in chocked . Both are three lightnings. Very high attraction.
I hope the things will change when I'll turn her into a witch...

But now I understand why he is always out when my simself is in town.
I think I won't open my game for a little while ahahah !!
I don't save

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Instructor
#7600 Old 12th Sep 2022 at 9:26 PM
In Orchard Isle, this happened:

"Hi! I'm Evelyn O'Rourke, a very annoying sim. I get risky-woohoo-pregnant before Watcher has a chance to adjust my settings, then I give birth to twins though the pregnancy scanner said the number of babies expected was 1. I also stand on my newborn daughter while I give birth to my son. That's how I roll!"

Yes, indeed. Twins. I've never felt so little up to taking care of sim babies before, but I'm getting used to the idea. The family took it well - Michael was telling his oldest daughter all about the birth - she missed half of it because she was out catching bugs - and then fed little Finnegan. Suzanne talked to Bridget, then walked off to get a skill point or something. She takes care of herself, that one. Imelda helped feeding Bridget, then started packing her stuff and preparing for the wedding. I have played with Fergus and he wanted to propose, so when Imelda rolled out of her fear or engagement, I let him. When I went back to the O'rourke's she wanted to throw a wedding party and when it started she got a fear of marrying Fergus. But seeing them smustle together in perfect unison gives me good hope for their life together.

Screenshots
Page 304 of 349