Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Former Incubator of Tiberius
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Mar 2009 at 3:52 AM Last edited by linuslover30 : 11th Jun 2009 at 1:31 PM.
Default Neighborhood Landscape Pictures (v3)
In this thread, we try and improve our landscape picture taking techniques using the neighborhood camera. Show off your latest here!!

Neighborhood Landscapes (v1)
Neighborhood Landscapes (v2)

SIXAMSIMS @ TUMBLR
SIXAMSIMS @ LJ
- S2/S3 Sims For Download
Tiberius Arthur Glover - 06/09/09 / Atticus Oliver Leigh Glover - 08/12/09
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Mar 2009 at 7:33 AM
Suburban View into Downtown Summerset

~*~

Babolat85... WOW! That second shot of Shimizu's freeway is just awesome. And I think the haphazard farmlands are so unique! Great work!

Formerly known as boolPropped
Test Subject
#3 Old 11th Mar 2009 at 1:08 PM
Posting in this thread for the first time.

I've been playing with building my own terrains for a while. I just finished this one and I have never been more pleased. I tend to favor very small buildable areas and I had to have a couple beach lots.

This was the result:

The beachfront area is totally flat and allows for flat beach lots. The upper area is raised a bit and also flat to allow for an airport.

As soon as photobucket stops maintaining itself I will post the decorated neighborhood.

I need a name for this little hamlet too.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 11th Mar 2009 at 3:03 PM
nice job you guys!

"I'm too booty-licious for ya, babe!"
Check out my DND Designs
Instructor
#5 Old 11th Mar 2009 at 9:52 PM
I am starting to rebuild Pleasentview!!!

I am Brazilian but I live in Switzerland!!!!
Call me Paula if you want :)
My Tumblr =)
#6 Old 12th Mar 2009 at 12:07 AM
Jargon, that terrain is really nice. :-)
Test Subject
#7 Old 12th Mar 2009 at 5:10 AM
So this is my little neighborhood decorated so far.

I am drawing a complete blank on a name though. I can't keep calling this place Testing.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 12th Mar 2009 at 3:48 PM
Wow, Jargon... I love your little hood!! And you did an amazing job decorating it! The center looks a little like a flower... (hint for name)
#9 Old 12th Mar 2009 at 8:42 PM
Babolat85, I love the shot of the train coming around the corner. Your neighborhood looks like a great place.

beeps, Great shot over the balcony, love the towers.

Jargon That neighborhood is wonderful, I always get stuck on names. Sometimes I try to name it with something to do what's in the neighborhood map. Very well thought out neighborhood!
Test Subject
#10 Old 12th Mar 2009 at 11:01 PM
Thanks! I'm really proud of it. I tend to stick with small lots (nothing over 3x3) because my computer is on the slow side and gets laggy with anything larger.
#11 Old 12th Mar 2009 at 11:08 PM
Nice 'hoods all!

Babolat: Great as always and a nice idea to put the motorway on top of the railway bridges.

Jagon: Nice, compact looking neighbourhood, I can never think of names either! If you want to go with the flower idea suggested by CinnePin, I thinks Florasville sounds nice.

Elwood (last post of v2 thread): That looks like it's coming along nicely, a good start!
#12 Old 13th Mar 2009 at 3:15 PM
@ amora_selvagen - Awesome rebuilding of Pleasantview! You've given me a few ideas (and inspiration!) from what you've done using Criquette's neighborhood deco. :D
Instructor
#13 Old 13th Mar 2009 at 3:32 PM
Default Thank you Mel!!!
Quote: Originally posted by melrosegirl
@ amora_selvagen - Awesome rebuilding of Pleasantview! You've given me a few ideas (and inspiration!) from what you've done using Criquette's neighborhood deco. :D

I decide to play all new again...Criquette made Pleasentview less boring to me!! :D!!!!!

My Tumblr =)
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 13th Mar 2009 at 3:46 PM
Babolat - Amazing as always! I love the second shot and the way you used the hightway pieces. They just won't fit in my hood.
Boolpropped - very cute! I just have to admire the crisp clear photos you make *green with envy*
Jargon - Very nice hood! I guess you don't have to worry about gamelag or wait for it to load. I try so hard to keep my hoods small, but when I'm playtesting them I think they could be much smaller. Good job!
Amora_s - I love seeing pictures like this, they are such a great inspiration!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 13th Mar 2009 at 9:55 PM
Great work everyone!

Jargon - Your neighborhood looks so adorable yet realistic. It just goes to show how decoration can make a huge difference to a hood. I can't think of any names though, I'm awful at that. I've been mulling over a name for my own hood for ages. Maybe you could use a town name generator?
Babolat85 - Beautiful neighborhood, so realistic. I love the freeway thingy stretching on for miles in the second pic, and I love how it looks more like a piece of land than a little isolated hood. Most hoods look like a bundle of houses in a large empty field of sort, whereas your hood looks like one part of a much bigger world. That sounds weird, I can't explain it well, either way I love it!
boolPropped - I like that shot; it looks really calm and serene. I've never been able to set my neighborhoods up in such a way that urban/suburban fit seamlessly together. Can you show us more of Summerset (that's the name, right)?
amora selvagen - You've really made Pleasantview look really different, very nice! I'm rebuilding Pleasantview myself, and I like that instead of moving the houses around and such (like I've done) you've focused on the neighborhood decorations (which I've been shamefully neglecting) instead.

We are the lucky ones
Your mother's daughters, your father's sons
Don't you grow old before your time
#16 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 4:31 AM
Babolat85, I love the highway and how you've placed the farmland! You always make awesome 'hoods. <3
boolPropped, I love your graphics, and the city looks amazing. :D
Jargon, that terrain is so cute, you've decorated it perfectly. I suck at names too, but it looks like it'd suit a floral name, as someone above me said. Good work on it. :lovestruc
amora_selvagen, that looks so awesome! If only Pleasantview always looked like that. I love how you've used things by Criquette. :D

Here's Milly, but I renamed it Riverbrook.. so here's Riverbrook. :P
It's still empty, but I'm slowly getting it filled up.

retired moderator
#17 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 5:44 AM
Summerset (Overview)
For you, maeve!

As you can see, Summerset is sparsely populated at the moment. I've set it up so that residential lots are located west of the river, and the city area (including community lots and apartments) are located east of the river.

~*~

maeve... You're right with the name; it's called Summerset :D

gonebynow... Thanks! Riverbrook is an adorable town. I love the farmland areas!

Formerly known as boolPropped
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 9:18 AM
boolPropped Wow, Summerset looks amazing! Is that were the Luckabees live?
gonebynow Love Riverbrook! Amazing job at decorating it!
Test Subject
#19 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 10:01 AM
Babolat: Geez. You never fail to amaze me. Love the highway shot,
BP: Summerset is adorable, <3
Jargon: Its so tiny!! Very cute.
Amora: Love how you redid Pleasentview, very creative.
Gonebynow: In one word, gorgeous, :D

Amazingly awesome neighborhoods everyone.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 12:35 PM
bP: That looks so great. Especially with that rainbow. ^_^ Which terrain do you use?
Instructor
#21 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 2:29 PM
Oh Guys I love to hear all those compliments....I am so in love with pleasentview at the moment too!!! :D
Thank you!!!
The principal entrance from pleasentview is the river...And the Missing Bella park (I am looking for a new name)

My Tumblr =)
Field Researcher
#22 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 5:29 PM
gonebynow and boolpropped - God those hoods are gorgeous :lovestruc
Instructor
#23 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 5:34 PM
Gonebynow- Wow...amazing job!!!!

My Tumblr =)
Test Subject
#24 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 5:43 PM
Wow - I'd love to move into any of these hoods posted here! Amazing!

Currently playing HP's Uber Megahood - check out http://simstate.wordpress.com
#25 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 1:12 AM
Wow, third thread allready and some great shots too, neat! :D
Pity i can't find the question i've read few days ago in the previous thread, bus somebody was asking about appartment lots from my last pics.. I must say that yes - these buildings are from Old Fokshire 'hood and it's actually a residential lots since i have created it about a year ago when appartment life wasn't released yet
And Wildchild was also asking about a bus station from my last couple of pics.
Yes, yes it is - a bus station from my last set that is allready under moderation at MTS2 I even have another picture of it combined with a railway station

Hope they will not moderate it too long, lol :D
Page 1 of 35