Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#301 Old 24th Oct 2021 at 6:24 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 25th Oct 2021 at 5:48 PM.
Building some drawers (not IKEA but close enough), and of course the last couple screws (the round ones meant to fasten the long ones in corners) have one broken and one bent. And I think there's probably been a few other bent ones in there as well, because some have been very easy to screw in, while a few did all sorts of weird things before I managed to fasten them, and I'm not all too sure if those are stuck...

Can't work with the broken one, and might as well take the bent one with me to see if I can get some replacements.

On a positive note, save for being quite heavy (that thing is massive!) I think it's the easiest set of drawers I've built. The instructions are very clear and almost everything was numbered and separated/sorted, so that made things a lot easier. I did a couple of blunders (a couple wooden plugs went into the wrong holes which I didn't notice until the top went on, and I fastened some metal things the wrong way, but to my defense there were a couple ways those things could go on, and that's the only picture I didn't quite understand - and I did figure out something was off when the first drawer didn't fit... Good thing I'd just made one to test ), but all in all it was nice to see a set where you don't have to guess what goes where (I've built several different sets of drawers now, I think this one is number 4 or 5).

EDIT: Got given a hand full of new screws, no problem, so I'm happy
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#302 Old 25th Oct 2021 at 8:41 PM
I'm still ill. I got sent home from work at 11am. Slept 3pm-6pm and now its 8pm and I feel super dizzy. I don't know what's wrong. Maybe it's just the possible chest/sinus infection but its just really taking it out on me. I need to get better soon, I have 4 weeks until my due date and I honestly don't have the energy to have a baby right now.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Field Researcher
#303 Old 7th Nov 2021 at 9:54 PM
Got into a car accident on the 7th of October. Totally ruined my day, month, year, holiday, etc. Can't discuss too much because I've got to call the AG for the other person's insurance being absolute turds. Now I gotta get my door fixed. At least no-one was hurt, that's the important part. But the money i saved to get Xmas gifts? Pffffft car wanted it.

Dead Ringers
Discord: RedBaroness13
Theorist
#304 Old 12th Nov 2021 at 5:39 PM
I stopped being friends with this one guy today. We used to be colleagues, and kept in touch long after our student job. Since the forum's in for light-hearted discussion, let's just say that we had opposing thoughts about c*vid vaccination.

I didn't think of him as a lesser person than me for not sharing the same opinion, nor did I disregard everything he was saying. There were some (isolated) points on which we both agreed on. But one day, he sent me a screenshot of a facebook post and a provoking message regarding the topic. The discussion we had was light-hearted, me presenting my side of the argument, letting him present his. The conversation watered down as we were both busy during the day, and then in the afternoon, he followed up on his previous messages by saying that we should definitely carry on talking about this when we find the time, as "he enjoys making [people like me] get pissed when talking about these subjects with [people like him]."

I didn't give it much of a thought at the time - surely didn't reply that evening or ever -, but some time passed, and I moved our conversation to the archive and muted it indefinitely. As far as I understood it, the conversation wasn't about exchanging ideas and perspectives, it wasn't any more about showing each other a different perspective on the subject - it was only about getting a reaction out of the other person. Just how degrading and sad a person can become is beyond me.

What a bloody clown.
Mad Poster
#305 Old 12th Nov 2021 at 11:36 PM
And everyone's ill again. This time with an ear infection. Fantastic.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#306 Old 19th Nov 2021 at 6:34 AM
Well, the bridge is no longer out, but the road to Town Hall is closed.

Argh! Not only that, December is coming up and my money, since I started getting it, goes by the fastest in December. It is akin to setting it ablaze after dousing it in lighter fluid, because it is immediately spent.

About $50 total goes towards gifts to my parents. My parents, being more sympathetic to my financial situation...sometimes, they don't ask for gifts. But I want to reciprocate so I don't become some kind of jerk. I was always lousy with gift giving to my parents because of their "Jack and Jill of all trades" reputation they built as a couple caring for me. Originally, I was going to each give them $20, but the gift cards they asked for only had a denomination of $25. So, in spite of Supply Chain Issues, I upped their gift by 25%. Seemed fair, considering my mom bought one more doll to go with the four I would receive Christmas morning. So she upped my gifts by 25%.

To top it off, I have been getting dry mouth in the middle of the night and waking up for a drink or a lozenge.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Mad Poster
#307 Old 26th Nov 2021 at 3:48 PM
Snow (yesterday). But at least first snow isn't in October, like last year... :/

Just hoping there's a bit less sky cr*p this year (it can fill up the water reservoirs in the mountains/hills all it wants, but down on road level, no thanks. I don't want to wade around in 30+ cm of snow for a couple or three months this year, too ).
Mad Poster
#308 Old 26th Nov 2021 at 5:19 PM
Didn't give birth today. That makes 898 days in a row!

Mad Poster
#309 Old 30th Nov 2021 at 4:43 AM
Went to bed with backache and mild contractions. Woke up at 3:30am to... nothing more than acid reflux and a crying toddler.

I'm gonna be pregnant forever

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#310 Old 30th Nov 2021 at 9:43 AM
@Bigsimsfan12 Watch something on TV that makes you laugh. That's what did it for me!
Mad Poster
#311 Old 30th Nov 2021 at 11:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@Bigsimsfan12 Watch something on TV that makes you laugh. That's what did it for me!

Tried it, tried everything. I'm very jealous of all the "I did [xyz] and baby came out!" people. It seems I can do abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz and still get no closer to giving birth. I've wasted nearly a whole month of maternity leave already.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#312 Old 30th Nov 2021 at 12:26 PM
Aww, i can sympathise- I was two weeks late with mine and she was a biiiiig baby too. I admire you for keeping things together so well especially with a toddler, I hope you can rest and stay at least a little bit comportable until baby arrives!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#313 Old 30th Nov 2021 at 10:10 PM
My father injured his wrist at work yesterday and quit on the spot. Although this means I can get my doctor appointments fitted in, he suffers if he's not working. He's a workaholic. He enjoys being in the service of a supervisor.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Mad Poster
#314 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 8:22 AM
What the actual fudge was that?! Contractions from 4pm-10pm and then... nothing.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#315 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 9:23 AM
Oh no, I hope you managed to get some sleep @Bigsimsfan12
Mad Poster
#316 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 10:16 AM
@simsample I did, got a whole 9 hours in so I did well. I have to go to the hospital at some point today because I think my waters went yesterday but I have no way of getting there so I'm hoping the contractions start up again soon and actually progress this time.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#317 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 2:03 PM Last edited by simsample : 2nd Dec 2021 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Typo!
Sending you best wishes @Bigsimsfan12 I hope it all goes well and quickly, and don't forget to do a little twirl, hold the baby up high and proclaim 'A nooboo!' at the end. :lovestruc
Top Secret Researcher
#318 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 1:47 AM
Best wishes and a speedy and easy birth!
Mad Poster
#319 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 6:24 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 3rd Dec 2021 at 8:29 AM.
Best wishes, Bigsimsfan12 <3
---

Had a minor tantrum at my laptop for being ultra-slow while updating (kinda forgot to update before the update time limit ended, so it started without me doing the usual preps), and everything froze up as per usual.

Ended up having to restart the thing.

And whaddayehknow - the update that started the whole anger management issue nearly a year ago? It actually maybe, possibly, kind of installed, because it shows in the update logs for the first time in forever (or now that Windows got some time to think, maybe it didn't after all, because it still shows in the "ready to update" list. So does the regular November update, which also showed in the update log, so... maybe not. But at least they're running faster now that I did the fixes first).

But at least the November update is going through. The other one has been iffy for almost a year, I kind of got a sliver of hope today, so maybe? But we'll see after the prompted restart... Maybe - just maybe - I can start using this thing normally again (but then it'll probably start pestering me about the next update in that series, which I've only seen pop up and then fail once or twice several months ago - it never installed and never popped up again after that).

Windows is weird, and those updates are effing annoying...

EDIT: Nope. Sensed a new hope, but the update failed as usual. Says it's installed, but I don't know since it popped back up again

Also, restart stuck at 100% for over 2 hours at bedtime??? COME ON!!!

(ended up reading 100+ pages of a book I've got around for these occasions - lately, long bus rides and Windows updates with lengthy restarts is what gets me through books)
Mad Poster
#320 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 7:04 PM
I mean it didn't ruin my day... but it was kinda annoying:

So for weeks my bridesmaid has been trying to reason with me on a dress. I was fine with whatever as long as it was long and dusty pink. Literaly that was it. I don't care. She found a site with some fairly cheap dresses (around £70-£150 depending on dress) and they all agreed to buy the dresses from there so they'd be the same colour. They all picked the colour (from my colour palate: pink, green & silver. They agreed on pink). Then she messaged me privately a few months ago asking if she could have a different colour dress (she suggested black, or dusty blue/purple) because she couldn't afford a dress she was only going to wear once. I told her no, because she would look out of place and if she wants to dye/sell the dress after, she can. I figured that was reasonable.

Then a few days ago she asked if she could get a short dress because it will be cheaper. By this point I don't care, I just want them to HAVE dresses because the wedding is like 10 weeks away and so far none of them do and I don't know how long this website will take with shipping and I'm 100% expecting at least 1 of them to forget and have to find one last minute. So. Okay fine whatever, get a short dress. Its winter and you're gonna be cold but okay whatever. Idc anymore, I'm busy trying to have a baby and I still have to sort my own dress.

Today she was telling me about how she just spent £200 on a pair of boots. Like. Seriously?

Mad Poster
#321 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 3:39 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 4th Dec 2021 at 2:23 AM.
And now my internet connection keeps screwing around, disconnecting every 2 minutes. Thanks, updates (or whatever Windows mess it is now)

EDIT: And sometime after 1 AM (after refreshing the stupid thing every 2-5 minutes all day) it suddenly "works" again (or at least doesn't disconnect). I just don't...

But I still think something's wrong, because I noticed an issue that my phone is also picking up on (or rather - not picking up at all, but at least it isn't messing around), so I don't think it's just my computer.
Mad Poster
#322 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 4:23 PM
I actually hate everyone today. Like if I wrote down all the ways people have stressed me out today from estranged grandparents being invited round (not by me, or Adam) to people not picking up Ivy from school when they said they would. To just labouring at home on my own all day. It would just be such a long rant. I don't have time because now it's just me and Ivy alone and she's decided she wants to eat all the damn messy foods and wipe them all over my only clean pair of leggings.

Scholar
#323 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 10:48 AM
My fingers are inflammed again (11/10 circulation) and I attempted to squeeze some face cream out of the tube but ended up crying instead because not only did no cream come out by fingers felt like they were going to fall off. Later I went to the shops and was like oh lets see if I can get a pot of cream instead of a tube. But since there's like only 3 brands I can use, the answer ended up being no because they'd somehow all decided to put their products in the squeezey tubes where product doesnt come out easily. Which is very rude.

Also some kid just set off a firework. It's 11:46 and broad day light what do they even expect is going to happen?
Theorist
#324 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 1:00 PM
Not sure where you live, Noah, but there are definitely some cheap Chinese toys available from Amazon/AliExpress that serve the purpose of squeezing cream out of tubes (most common use to squeeze out remaining tooth paste). This is the concept I'm talking about:
https://www.amazon.com/Big-Squeeze-...r/dp/B079599V96

There are definitely some cheaper variants out there for less than $40 – this is a professional-grade squeezer so it says. The cheaper ones may not squeeze out all the cream, but should definitely help you out a bit.
Mad Poster
#325 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 1:13 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 5th Dec 2021 at 4:41 PM.
We had plans with my brother and the kids, but of course his new GF comes and says "oh but lets do other fun activities instead today!", and my brother is like, *forgets all other plans* "... yup, all in!"

It's happened so many times lately, it's getting really annoying, and this was something we're trying to get done ASAP because there's a time limit (taking pics for christmas cards, ordering, etc).

*Takes deep breaths* Why can't they do those things another day, and NOT today? Plenty of evenings when you can build-a-gingerbreadhouse or decorate the tree, but sheepherding the kids together at a time of day in the weekends when they're mostly in a good mood instead of tired after school/activities and/or not out of the house on said activities would've been ideal, especially when we've got a very limited number of weekends.
Page 13 of 30