Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#51 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 4:47 AM
I would love to be able to have seasons but they would definatly need to have more to it than just that.
Advertisement
#52 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 5:52 AM
I think seasons could flesh out an EP.

If they included a *lot* of stuff to do with the weather.

Like, whole other lives with it. Fishing is cool if you can be a fisherman or something. Neatbeans.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 6:19 AM
yay
actual weather :peace
#54 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 7:23 AM
To me, honestly: I don't think this is really seasons, as a constant thing. I think it would play more like the Vacation EP did for Sims 1. I think a lot of it will be decorative (terrain paint, snowdrifts, etc) and object-oriented, I don't think this is going to truly give us weather.

I'm having enough trouble keeping my game running in a dorm, I'd rather not have to deal with rain!
#55 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 8:53 AM
THE SIMS 2 SEASON - story is true!
The Story IS true.

We've added som english commentary to our original posting to back it up:

http://www.gamesection.dk/nyheder.asp?nid=1990
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#56 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 10:51 AM
As long as we get snowboarding, I'll be happy- oh, and the snowman kit!
#57 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 12:25 PM
I hope they make more parts of the day because there are only day and night :/ even old games like zelda (1998) have afternoon and morning...
#58 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 12:52 PM
I love the idea of seasons, even more than pets. I do hope it contains falling snow, and rain or even leaves falling off trees. It would be an added bonus for all the movie and storytellers here. I love it!
#59 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 1:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Faithlove13xxx
You people annoy me.

"OMG I WANT PETS, PETS PLEASE PETS!"
"Pets....only? That's it? Kinda lame..."

"OMG I WISH WE HAD WEATHER. SEASONS WOULD BE GREAT FUN!"
"In Season... Just....weather....not enough."

OmG... Shush.

It's the weirdest thing. Poor Maxis. Gives you what you want and then you moan over it?

lmao I totally agree with you Faith. I dont mind being it only pets, it's what I wanted really. I wouldn't want Maxis to deliver a half-done job because Pets would be only a side-thing.

People have been moaning about weather over and over again and now this comes out and they're all "wtfblah"
Be happy with what you get people, Maxis is trying to do their very best.
#60 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 1:45 PM
www.snootysims.com - the editor of the site (forgotten their name sorry) has confirmed the ad comes with pets as she herself as it and took a photo of it.
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#61 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kisatsu
lmao I totally agree with you Faith. I dont mind being it only pets, it's what I wanted really. I wouldn't want Maxis to deliver a half-done job because Pets would be only a side-thing.

People have been moaning about weather over and over again and now this comes out and they're all "wtfblah"
Be happy with what you get people, Maxis is trying to do their very best.

As the person who said 'only seasons' before the post you're responding to, although I've said weather would be nice not once have I moaned about wanting it.

I'll be happy with what I'm happy with. I'm a paying customer, I'm not going to pay for crap and be happy with it. I'll leave that to the pigs that like to roll in their own crap and are happy with it.

edit: I WILL be happy with pets, because outside of a couple things that rubbed me the wrong way (the whole no pet bodyshop fiasco) I think it'll be a great expansion.
#62 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 4:15 PM
I never was crazy about pets, and never stated anywhere on this forum that I was. I played sims1 unleashed, and I have pets of my own, including wildcare for two baby squirrels.I'm always interested in new animation.
However, I also like the sound of seasons, and since it's new we really don't know anything except rumors.
So far as maxis is concerned, they don't need to be coddled. They make a fortune of these games, and which we all pay our hard earned dollars to.
Anyway people are entitled to their likes and dislikes about expaks.
Forum Resident
#63 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 7:55 PM
Given that Maxis stated that Pets would never be released as just Pets, then they did it anyway, It may be that they meant for pets and Weather to come together as one Ep, but then had to break it in half to have the time needed to make it all work.

And that's what I care about most: I want it to work right!

Pets doesn't seem like much of an EP to me (if they had included farm animals...:P) but it's ok as long as it works. And the same goes for the weather, vacations would be nice, but I'll be happy if it just works right -- and isn't as mentioned simply terrain paints, etc.

I just want it all to work right -- right out of the box - I don't care if they do little bits (at $30 a pop) They NEED to take their time. The last Eps have been big PIBs they have been so buggy. Not any fun to play, down right disappointing and by the time the patch gets out, the EP is ....stale? Not fun. No more of that Please!
Test Subject
#64 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 8:29 PM
what kind of monster creature would come with this pack hmm
Forum Resident
#65 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by discordkitty
I doubt they'd make a movie maker expansion. For one the game The Movies nullifies that and for two, there are only so many movie makers in the game compared to the people that play it for other reasons/just to play it that it's not worth it for them in profits.

I disagree. A, because this, when asked, was the ep that Will Wright would most like to see in the game. And B, don't forget that there are twice as many storytellers that just use pictures than there are movie makers. Movies are just moving pictures anyway. And when you think about it, how many people make up stories for their Sims when they play, even if they don't turn it into a movie or post it as an album on the official site, I think storytelling is a HUGE part of the game.

And also, it doesn't have to be a movie-making ep, just an ep that added more features that would make for better movies. That's something everyone could benefit from--more animations (yay!), more interactions (yay!), more drama, more clothes, hairstyles, locations. All of this would make for great movies AND great gameplay. I don't make Sims 2 movies but I'd still love to see an ep like this just because it would enhance my gameplay dramatically.

@Faithlove: did you ever think that the people who begged for pets for years, aren't the same people who aren't excited about Pets the ep? I never asked for pets and I'm one of the "Pets....only? That's it? Kinda lame..." Frankly, I would have preferred if they had given us Unleashed 2 because Unleashed had more than Pets does. But then again, I don't care for customizing my own puggle with yellow polka dots and green ears so it would have been nice to see other things included in the ep.

And considering that all we know about Seasons is a picture with a paragraph in Dutch that has been loosely translated into English, it's too early to tell just what will be included. Though as the paragraph alluded to pool games and gardening, I'm a happy camper so far.
Field Researcher
#66 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by higgins534
www.snootysims.com - the editor of the site (forgotten their name sorry) has confirmed the ad comes with pets as she herself as it and took a photo of it.

I'm pretty sure that Snooty (that's what he's called on the snootysims forums) is male.

Quote: Originally posted by Mutantbunny
Given that Maxis stated that Pets would never be released as just Pets, then they did it anyway, It may be that they meant for pets and Weather to come together as one Ep, but then had to break it in half to have the time needed to make it all work.

And that's what I care about most: I want it to work right!

Pets doesn't seem like much of an EP to me (if they had included farm animals...:P) but it's ok as long as it works. And the same goes for the weather, vacations would be nice, but I'll be happy if it just works right -- and isn't as mentioned simply terrain paints, etc.

I just want it all to work right -- right out of the box - I don't care if they do little bits (at $30 a pop) They NEED to take their time. The last Eps have been big PIBs they have been so buggy. Not any fun to play, down right disappointing and by the time the patch gets out, the EP is ....stale? Not fun. No more of that Please!

I agree with, well, everything. If they needed to break pets and weather up into two so both work great, I have no problem. I'd guess that that's what they did, anyway, simply because we are hearing about Seasons from the Pet case, and when was the last time we heard about the next EP from the newest EP's case?

Althought, I'm glad we have some modders that find and fix problems much much faster then Maxis does. :D

Quote: Originally posted by Ralok_one

the Giant Pile of Leaves monster!
If you sims rake up leaves, and don't pile them into a trash bag, there's a chance they'll mutate into the Giant Pile of Leaves monster! It'll eat random passing sims! But don't worry about your unsuspecting child becoming dinner; the GPoL monster loves to play with kids!

...seriously, I have no clue.

Click HERE please, so I can up the sweet sweet page count. Thanks!

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#67 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 8:36 PM
they can make a 'movie maker' expansion - I won't pay for it.

I won't spend my money on something that's centered around weather, either.
Forum Resident
#68 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 8:39 PM
My guess would be the Yeti (as the "supernatural" creature).

Everyone has an ep idea that they "won't waste their money on". That's to be expected, you can't please everyone, all you can do is try. Weather being the #2 most requested feature, at least based on the ranting on the official bbs, seems like a slam dunk to me.
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#69 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 8:43 PM
I wouldn't call the BBS an intelligent fanbase :p
Forum Resident
#70 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 8:47 PM

Hmm, intelligent, I think maybe on some faraway planet where the highest thinking organisms are single-celled parasites, it could be considered so.

But it is the largest fanbase and the one that the gamemakers probably read the most. Let's just hope they take into account the average age on the BBS so we don't see a Sims 2: High School Musical.
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#71 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 8:50 PM
Okay that is something you will really NEVER see me buy
#72 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by olomaya
Hmm, intelligent, I think maybe on some faraway planet where the highest thinking organisms are single-celled parasites, it could be considered so.

But it is the largest fanbase and the one that the gamemakers probably read the most. Let's just hope they take into account the average age on the BBS so we don't see a Sims 2: High School Musical.

Oh, now I don't think they'd ever stoop that low!
Test Subject
#73 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 8:59 PM

Yeah, they're like the fanbase of Neopets....except a tad bit less rabid.
#74 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 9:49 PM
Hey,i liked the "High school musical" film!
But,staying on topic,i LOVE the weather idea,but not a expansion pack completely centered on it,maybe,with the vacation theme going on...
Scholar
#75 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ralok_one

abominal snowman? that would be cool..if they provided a mesh too and not just white skintone

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Page 3 of 8