Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#151 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 12:42 PM
Thanks to both of you for your advice. It's not like my life is over- I've made plenty of great friends on the newspaper who are excitingly more like me than any of the friends I had in the first place, and I'm glad to have kept a few of the old that I've known for ten years- I know that I can count on them for anything, and we always have fun. I've never really been one to fret about friends- for me, high school is about acing every class, and the rest of the chips will fall where they may. I don't need school or friends to guide me in finding out who I am, because I've known that for a long time, and I'm quite comfortable with it. In a way, it's a blessing, because I'm exposed to different people and I've come to realize even more pointedly the things about my older friends that I don't like, but still, it's just sad to see an era come to an end.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#152 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 8:12 PM
rabid, although it may be the end of an era, it might be the start of a new one as well, i hope you could maybe become better friends wit the poeple on the newspaper

As for my vent, here it is: A girl in my class, we shall call her Jill, has fallen out really badly with her group of friends, and is now hanging around with me and my friends, which is fine. However, the people from her old group of friends are being quite mean to her, Jill is just trying to ignore them, but they keep whispering and laughing, and it is making me upset too. I like Jill, and she is nice to hang around with, it's just that it is all sooooo dramatic in my form at the mo. At registration today, Jill's old friends were doing the whispering and laughing thing, and Jill looked as though she was about to cry, so I took her to the loos, and she creid quite alot, which made me want to cry aswell, so now i just feel horrible. Also, this gorgeous 4th year ( :lovestruc ) came into our form room, and all my friends know i have a mega crush on him (due to someone's big mouth, >:-( who i will never tell anything again)so they all started giggling and nudging eachother, causing me to go bright red and think I was going to die of embarressment.

I dOn'T sUfFeR fRoM iNsAnItY. i EnJoY eVeRy MiNuTe Of It. :D

Please call me Rachel
Mother Function
retired moderator
#153 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 9:45 PM
Jelkir1, oh man, that sound tragic. I've never really been in a situation that was that extreme (the laughing/whispering) but have you asked "Jill" what she did or what she thinks that she did to make all of her friends angry? I could bet that it's some huge misunderstanding that happened between her and her old crowd. And, although I hate to get in the middle of high school tiffs, go to up to the girls and try to mediate...or at least get their side of the story, then tell Jill what you heard.

If all else fails...hit with hammer. J/K If you still can't them back together then just let it go. Tell Jill that she needs to move on. Eventually the name calling and hen pecking will stop and those other girls will move on to ignore Jill. Just give it some time, you never know, the other girls might have a change of heart and forgive Jill for what (if anything) she did. Now whether or not Jill wants to take them back is another story

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Lab Assistant
#154 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 1:23 PM
Thanks for the advice daluved, i feel a bit better now Hopefully things will get better *crosses fingers*

I dOn'T sUfFeR fRoM iNsAnItY. i EnJoY eVeRy MiNuTe Of It. :D

Please call me Rachel
Instructor
#155 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 11:24 PM
Default This one'sa biggun
Maga-huge-rant-happy-fun-time-go!!!

So glad my brother is gone, he has his own apartment, but he tends to come back home to 'visit' and end up staying for months on end! He's so obnoxious and rude, he's always arguing over the littlest things, and then when no one gets upset, he starts to blame the person he's arguing with for starting the arguing. Like just yesterday, we where watching the Michael Jackson memorial thing; they were showing a stream of his songs, and just the other day BET had a marathon of his music. So I pointed out to the T.V and said "Oh, me and my sister was watching this." Everyone looked at me and I turned back to my computer (I'm always glued to this chair) my brother then asked what and I turned around and said "We were watching this." He then said, "Why do you always do that, I ask you what and you don't repeat yourself." Yeah he was just joking and I laugh along with.

I was thinking he meant that he thought I said more then that and wanted me to repeat myself completely. So I nodded along because I understand that you get the feeling that more was said and you want to hear everything; but then he kept ranting, he said, and I quote "Why when I asked you what, all you said was 'this'." I then realized what he was talking about so then I told him, "Oh, no, I didn't do that; I said 'we were watching this'." He then countered with a 'no you didn't' and continued to say all I said was 'this'. So then I tell him that he didn't hear me, all he heard was 'this'. I then proceeded to tell him that I didn't restate what I said, but I did give enough information for him to understand my statement. He didn't want to here none of it (like always) and then proceeded to tell me that he heard find and all I did was mumble my first sentence and then said 'this' after he asked. I then tried to tell him that I know what I said, he just didn't hear me, but all he says it that now I'm starting an argument. Now I'm pretty pissed because I don't like to be blamed for an argument when I believe an argument is either started by one person who purposefully want to quarrel, or two people (both at fault) who cant agree on something.

So my two sisters and mother is in the room and I turned to them to clarify what I said, my mother is right next to me so I asked her first, "Did you hear what I said?" I asked her, I'm now on an even team here because I don't know if she heard me 'mumbling' or not, but she's the closet so me. She nod telling me she heard me both times, so I turn to my sisters who sits across my brother and is farther away, one sister says she wasn't paying attention and the other says that she heard me. So I turned to my brother and tells him that he just didn't hear me, I then again try to tell him that its okay that he didn't hear me, because he wasn't paying attention when I said it. Actually, no one was, because my sisters kids we're yelling and dancing to the music and it was a big commotion when I said it.

Now, this man is bull headed, and just guess what he says. He says, and I quote again, "They didn't hear you, they just heard your mumbling and deciphered what you were trying to say." Now I got this twisted confused look on my face from the sheer craziness of what he just said, I turn to my sister and my mother and the proceed to ignore us because everyone knows how in everything he has to be right. So, I turned to him and ask how its possible that everyone wasn't paying attention and yet they all turned to 'decipher' my mumblanese. My sister then cut in and say that she heard what I said the first time, and she heard it quiet clearly. My brother then proceed to tell her that no she didn't. Now I turned to my mother, quiet confused that he knows what my sister hears, and asked her again if she heard, which she replies yes, and he says "They are lying." now it is my mother and sister who has a confused face and so they back out again because they know him, and they know he likes for his word to be law.

So now I'm pissed again, and so I say sarcastically, "Oh, right, they're working for the government and we're all lying to you." So then I teas more and tell them to stop 'lying' for me, that I'm a big girl and don't need their help. He still stay firm on them lying so then I turn truthfully, if not a little sarcastically, to my mother and ask her if she was lying, she says no and I turned to my sister who replies no as well, so then I turned to my brother and once again ask him how everyone else heard, but but he didn't. "I don't know what's wrong with you three, but for some reason you all like to start arguments with me for no apparent reason." Now to dig back to some older arguments, a month before he argued with my mother and sister(the same who said she heard me) about the babies in our house, my sister is their paid baby sitter and she's going to college for child care. I wont go into that argument, but let's say that he has never raised a kid and wanted to tell them what and how kids act. So now he got this idea that we're all just against him because he's male and we're female and that's what we do and other sexist crap he rants on because of what his past girlfriends do to him.

So after circling back and forth in the argument, he again states that I just like to start arguments, that he was only trying to point out something I did and I just wouldn't accept it. So then I told him no, that I wasn't starting an argument. He then countered that he made a statement and I refused it, so that was how I started one. I tell him no, that it was in fact him that started it, because he made a false statement about me and I had to correct his slander. Then he tells me that that's starting an argument; I tell him no, if you lie about something I said, I have all right to go against your word, and if you went against mine, that's when the argument starts. He tells me that he didn't lie, and so I say then you didn't hear me and repeated me wrong, he then said that he heard me, so then I tell him again that if he heard me clearly, and understood what I said, but then said it differently, then he's lying, thus making him a lier. So then we bounce back and forth on that until my mother tries to step in and try to explain that he just didn't here me, he then goes back to we women are against him and that females like to argue and for some reason back up other females. Now my sister is practically a feminists, so she start to joke and say, "Yep that's true, females are way better than males and that they're way smarter and better." and so on. So now I jump out of the conversation like I tried to do many times, but he keeps talking to himself about me and I don't sit by and let people do that, so when ever he mentions me, I'd jump back in.

My mother is trying to say it's my fault for keep going back in, and I tell her that I can't help it, that I just don't sit around and let people lie about me like that. Now I'm pretty stubborn; I don't let people get away with petty things they do to me, and I feel if you hurt me, then I'll hurt you back equally, then I go further to teach you a lesson for trying to hurt my feelings in the first place. So I start to count how many times he added me in his rant, which consist of how everybody he meets starts arguments with him and that they always want to be right, cant accept when they're wrong, and would start arguments on the stupidest of things; my name was included in that rant fifteen times. So then I cut in an say that he just explained himself. Now he thinks I'm stupid because of my age, but what people don't like to accept is that my brother and sisters are adults, and that I practically grew up with them. So he tries to use some big words to explain what I do, I take them, already knowing the meaning, and I call him dogmatic; which means: characterized by or given to the expression of opinions very strongly or positively as if they were facts. That whole sentence explained my brother perfectly, they should have his picture in the dictionary. He doesn't know the word, so he weakly shot back "Yeah, well use that word for yourself."

So now it then turned again to his petty 'females do this' ranting. So I turn to my mother and tell her that's why I never want him over here, they always ask me why I don't want him over, always saying 'he's your brother' or, 'he wants to come over'; my reasons consist of him taking the computer and playing stupid little time games (you know the games that you do something to your character and got to wait a certain real life time limit to do something else) that he never get off of, he also look up these trading cards and just ogle them over the internet, never buying them or playing with the ones he already have. Plus a spit in the face is that we have one computer (mine) and two laptops and he's always on mine with all my saved stuff locked on there. Then the other is the obvious, he's always starting an argument. He does this all the time, he'll start the argument with anyone near by, and unfortunately he resides in the recroom (which is where the T.V and computer is [which is where I'm at 24/7]) so I'm usually the one getting his arguments because I refuse to leave the room (like others of my house hold would do) to avoid his tantrums. Usually he only have it after fights with his girlfriend; she was a bitch and a whore, she got pregnant by her ex two times in their relationship and claims she had a 'miscarriage', she supposedly got pregnant by my brother twice and 'fell down the stairs'. She claim she that she was two months pregnant for five months, but that's all another rant. But now they are recently broke up, they split up and get back together constantly, so now he's just been in this twisted mood to harass people and blame women for the problem he causes.

Anyways, so now he's gone today and I feel a big weight lifted off of my shoulders, now I am in a happy mood =D I wish he never comes over, but alas, he's going to come back, and stay another six months, why they waste money on buying him an apartment (that was only requested because of his dumb ass girlfriend) and he's either staying at our house (making my life hell) or staying at our cousins (some dumb ass boys who like to drink and smoke). So yeah, sorry for the long rant, I just needed to vent to somebody and my family don't care to hear it.

I have cacophobia, hobophobia, menophobia, tremophobia, levophobia, dextrophobia, and phobophobia. I manage...
My city =D
Come Join me and become the ultimate Miss Bimbo =3
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it ~Voltaire
Instructor
#156 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 11:25 PM
sorry everyone, you don't have to read it, it's huge ^^;

I have cacophobia, hobophobia, menophobia, tremophobia, levophobia, dextrophobia, and phobophobia. I manage...
My city =D
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it ~Voltaire
Mother Function
retired moderator
#157 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 10:58 AM
Elice...wow. First off thanks for sharing! I love listening (well technically it's reading) to peoples problem.

Now don't be offended but I think your brother has a psychological problem. The reason why I say this is because in my uncle's late teens early twenties, he had the same problem your brother had. (I have a very young family and my uncle and i only differ eleven years in age) He grew up in a house full of girls two. And not only was he the only son but he was the youngest as well.

Anyways when he got older, he started to get real vicious and would light a fire under people just to get you heated, then he would turn around and blame you for "starting it ". At first we simply put up with it. You know, leaving the room, let him think he won the argument, etc. But overtime he just became more angry.

Eventually it got to the point where simple arguments were a blessing. Sometimes it would be all out fits of rage! So we had no choice but to take him to a psychiatrist. The doctor said that his reason for picking fights was a cry for all the attention he missed out growing up as the only male in the house.

And like your brother, he had an apartment but he always stayed with his mom. That too was a sign that as much as he knew it was time for him to leave the nest, he couldn't leave because subconsciously he was trying to regain all that mom-time his sisters hogged up.

Mother Function
retired moderator
#158 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 11:03 AM
Sorry this takes up two posts...

Anyhoos, I'm no expert but I really think you should sit down with your mom and really make her look at thr underlying picture of your brothers actions. I'm sure she knows there's a real issue but she just doesn't want to see it. She probably thinks that if she ignores it long enough it'll go away....but it won't. Trust me.

I hope I helped at least a little bit.

Instructor
#159 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 12:12 PM
Yeah, I know. He's not the only son but he is the first, we all know why he's starting arguments, and it's because of his 'late' girlfriend. When he was with her and wasn't upset with her he was actually okay to deal with, but also when he left her (he leaves her, not she leaves him) he's also bearable, but when he was with her and they would fight he'd get all bitchy again. So he's kind of stuck in this 'women are lies and cheats' because that's what his girlfriend is. I'd wish he'd get over her because she's not really girlfriend material; not just because we hate her-we truly can care less about whatever boy/girlfriends the people in our family choose-but she cheats on him and actually admit it but make up a lame excuse to justify it. no one knows why he's so hooked on her, we're not going to call her ugly because she could very well be beautiful to him, but she's spoiled and walks all over him, we can tell that she doesn't want to be with him because she's always going back to her same ex and when her ex break up with her, or my brother get's some money (usually from our mom) or find a new girlfriend she comes back. So, I can't understand why he 'loves' her so, seeing as I never experienced love to feel such mindless stupidity ( I'm joking), but I'm sure no matter how in love I am, I can't over look what she does to him. He's just being a prat and blaming the people around him for his crappy relationship. I wouldn't let him off so easily to say he has a psychological, he just don't want to yell at his precious girlfriend so he takes it out on the people around him.

He hasn't really been on the whole 'women against him thing' until he met her, he's always been a know it all and pretentious from birth and we deal with that, but now that his girlfriend broke up with him for a seventh time, he's been sexist and annoying. I also run into so many more men like him -.- that's why I'm sticking to hot rich men that's somewhere in their thirties and up, I just don't have time for little boys anymore (that rant is on a completely different story)

Thank you for listening , it made me feel so much better that someone actually understand. I talk about it to my family too but it's been happening for years (since he got his girlfriend) and I'm sure they were getting tired of my whining .

My city =D
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#160 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 4:25 AM
God, Menstrual Cramps are so unholy

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Instructor
#161 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 4:29 AM
Awe, poor dear D=. I'd take some midol, that helps for me, but it runs out in 12 hours and you can't take another until four hours later

My city =D
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#162 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 4:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KyleTheArtist
I am not on them right now, but I wanna went about them.

Periods. The thing i hate is periods. Especially in summer!You wanna go out and swim but nuuu motha nature gives them to you at the perfect moment. Like wth?! Also I feel horrible, especially if i'm under stress and I get them...Oh god....Normaly i don't have pms, I don;t even realise I have themmm

Amen to that, I just knew I was going swimming this weekend. I had already taken my bathing suit out. :p

Quote: Originally posted by Elice
Awe, poor dear D=. I'd take some midol, that helps for me, but it runs out in 12 hours and you can't take another until four hours later

Haha, yeah that's what I'm going to do. The worst part about it is that my period stays on for 2 weeks.

Mad Poster
#163 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 4:37 AM
O.O
For once, I'm glad I don't have a period yet. *.* I usually whine about it.

Oh, hi, how are you holding up?
Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Mad Poster
#164 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 4:37 AM
I know what you mean about weird periods, Dreamy. Most women's cycles are four weeks long and the actual period lasts three to four days, but my cycle is nearly six weeks and my period lasts a little over a week until it finally sputters to an end. I always wonder if it's because I'm young or if it's because my cycle is just weird.

About swimming- have you ladies tried wearing a tampon? I guess that if your flow is really heavy, it might not do the job, but it should work just fine in a bathing suit most of the time. You would be able to feel it if it started leaking, anyway, and that way you could make quick getaway to change it. I've never had any mishaps swimming with a tampon in, although, be sure not to spread your legs too wide .

My vent: I'm leaving on vacation for two weeks next week, so I want to hang out with my friends a lot this week to tide myself over during those two weeks that I'll want to kill my family. Much to my disappointment, they're all at their respective lakes! Talk about piss poor timing. We've talked on the phone, but that's not as fun. And another thing- I got my hairbrush stuck in my hair today and had to have my mom help me get it out, it was so tangled in, and it hurt like hell. It took her ten minutes to detach it, and I was screeching the WHOLE time.

Instructor
#165 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 4:45 AM
Awe, that sucks. I'm kind of wishing we could go on vacation but, yeah, it ain't gonna happen.

off topic, that is the best avatar I've ever seen Rabid. I don't even know who the guy is, but I love the picture

My city =D
Mad Poster
#166 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 4:51 AM
I wish I could go on vacation too.
I've never been to a beach =[ Or out of state. Much less out of city.

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#167 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 4:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rabid
I know what you mean about weird periods, Dreamy. Most women's cycles are four weeks long and the actual period lasts three to four days, but my cycle is nearly six weeks and my period lasts a little over a week until it finally sputters to an end. I always wonder if it's because I'm young or if it's because my cycle is just weird.

6 weeks? Good GOOGLY MOOGLY! You should go to your doctor and start using Birth Control. That's what my mom made me do although I don't use it. I dunno if its just me but Birth Control really makes me feel sick, I can't stand it.

Mad Poster
#168 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 4:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elice
Awe, that sucks. I'm kind of wishing we could go on vacation but, yeah, it ain't gonna happen.

off topic, that is the best avatar I've ever seen Rabid. I don't even know who the guy is, but I love the picture

Thanks ! It's Chris Pine :lovestruc.

The thing about vacation with my family is that my dad, my sister, and I are all about adventure and not stopping until we drop, but my mom and my brother see it as an opportunity to relax and lay by the pool. I say that I can relax just as easily at home, but I can't hit up Chinatown or go to the beach, at home, so why not do that? It could be fantastic if we could all agree .

casslass, you've never been out of the city? You poor, sheltered child. I'm sure you'll have lots of great adventures, one day- the people who never get away are the ones who seem to have the most eventful vacations.

Quote: Originally posted by Dreamy
6 weeks? Good GOOGLY MOOGLY! You should go to your doctor and start using Birth Control. That's what my mom made me do although I don't use it. I dunno if its just me but Birth Control really makes me feel sick, I can't stand it.

Are you kidding?! I love having a six week cycle! The week-long period isn't so fun, but I don't have as many a year as other women because my cycle is so long. The only problem is that I never know when to expect it, because there's nothing regular about the day it will strike. I wanted to do the birth control thing just because periods are terribly inconvenient, but my mom insisted that it was "tampering with mother nature" and that I'm "not having sex anyway, so why does it matter?" I keep telling her that she's missing the point, but oh well .

Scholar
#169 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 4:58 AM
Unless you have horribly painful cramping or super heavy blood flow, then it's perfectly normal for periods to fluctuate like this. I'm 24 and mine has finally settled into a decent schedule. I have it every other month for about 3 days, like clockwork. It'll settle eventually, until then, always carry extra tampons!

Creator of the Sparkly Things
In Soviet Russia, the Sims mod you!

ZOMG Patterns! ZOMG! Patterns! the Group!
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Mad Poster
#170 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 5:01 AM
On the topic of vacation, my mother booked us in for a week long holiday at the coast this summer, which I'm really excited about, but she didn't warn me. I'm graduating high school this year, and I might miss out on graduation because of this holiday.
I voiced my concerns to my mother, and she said that I might just have to miss out so I could spend more time with the family. Thing is, my brother isn't going, and when we do get there I'll be spending my time lounging around the pool or with a friend, not my family. I don't want to miss graduation!
Mad Poster
#171 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 5:13 AM
Omg. You could go on vacation ANYTIME, but graduation is one in a lifetime!

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Scholar
#172 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 5:26 AM
Highschool graduation or university graduation?

Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Mad Poster
#173 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 5:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PixCii
On the topic of vacation, my mother booked us in for a week long holiday at the coast this summer, which I'm really excited about, but she didn't warn me. I'm graduating high school this year, and I might miss out on graduation because of this holiday.
I voiced my concerns to my mother, and she said that I might just have to miss out so I could spend more time with the family. Thing is, my brother isn't going, and when we do get there I'll be spending my time lounging around the pool or with a friend, not my family. I don't want to miss graduation!

=] High school, see?

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Scholar
#174 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 5:41 AM
Ah, indeed. I usually just skim for the highlights. Anyway, you'll have another graduation is 4 years. It might seem like a big deal now, but it really isn't. Besides it's up to. Just decide whether you want to attend grad ceremonies and be a few days late to the vacation, or forget it and go fully enjoy your vacation.

Instructor
#175 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 5:48 AM
I'm not going to my graduation, I just feel it's a waste of time to me, I'll go to prom, but all but one sister missed their prom and grad

My city =D

Page 7 of 123