Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#76 Old 24th Mar 2021 at 12:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by redandvidya
Hood has been updated!
Main file updated on SFS again
Is this the same version as the one uploaded today? Because some of my names have broken again; Takanuva is now called Alan and Launce's father is Brenda Fuchs!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 24th Mar 2021 at 1:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by redandvidya
By the way @Pixouo, do the notifications work for you? The game may have difficulty letting the scripted events run due to lot resets, however, the notifications should be agnostic and work with every game, modded or not. The only thing that could stop it is if you've had an older version of the hood in your documents. If you generate a new TS2 documents folder, I am 99% positive that the neighborhood will allow notifications again. This is due to a bug in the actual game, not my hood where the game thinks that because you've already played this hood before, you can't get the notifications anymore. I've experienced this bug a few times while creating the hood, this is something that can't be fixed, sadly

Yes, my notifications were fine. They gave me a good starting point for each family. It's just the events that did not occur by themselves, but I was just ok without them too (unlike poor Darcy who got fired instead of promoted).
Test Subject
#78 Old 24th Mar 2021 at 2:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Amairani
@Pixuou: Takanuva was a robot, it was shown in family's story in pictures.

Yes, that much I gathered, I was just surprised there was no mention of him anywhere else. I'd imagine he was also Abraham's creation, maybe even a "brother" to Ironman. But maybe he was just one of many robots he created and let roam free in the neighbourhood and live their own lives. Idk. (I just like making theories!)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#79 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 11:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Is this the same version as the one uploaded today? Because some of my names have broken again; Takanuva is now called Alan and Launce's father is Brenda Fuchs!

HELPPPP I forgot that the upload was in the queue and the uploaded version IS the broken name version. This has been fixed as soon as I saw that they approved my post and I was like "WHAT THE FUCK OMG WAIT I FORGOT"
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#80 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 11:52 AM
ARKHELIOS - FINAL UPDATE FOR ALL

Thank you to everyone for playtesting this neighborhood! The final neighborhood update is out- this includes a majority, if not all, of the bug fixes reported to us by multiple playtesters. It hopefully should be the final version! I am so proud of what me and my collaborator have made here- we are so happy that a lot of you guys experienced, enjoyed, and SOLVED the neighborhood.

Changelog goes as follows:
1. Memory inconsistencies of Salem Bellamy has been fixed
2. Nathan’s beta name “Ridley” has been fixed
3. Kaeileen’s beta name “Kaielynn” has been fixed
4. Darcy’s scripted event has been overhauled so that she DOES get the promotion she deserves when first loaded in IF you follow the scripted steps
5. Removed Helios “aquarium” as it was causing too many problems for playtesters
6. Language bugs have been fixed, thank you to @simsllama

Please enjoy! You can download it using the SFS link, or on the new ModTheSims upload

https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=653871
Forum Resident
#81 Old 30th Mar 2021 at 6:30 AM Last edited by teafortwo : 30th Mar 2021 at 10:38 PM. Reason: I am old and slow
(Playing the latest version of ARKHELIOS)

Oh no! Moving troubles. As time has gone by Sims have moved in and out of homes. Sims who have either graduated or dropped out of University have moved back home. A few Sims have moved out either into a new home or a shared home. And then there was an odd problem with Darcy Mishra, Adam Bellamy and thier infant daughter. They attempted to move into the Helios lot (Jealousy is a Disease). Cain has passed on, his daughter, her partner and twin children moved to a home in another town. The vacated Helios home was renovated specifically for Darcy and Adam. So, they moved out of the apartment and into thier new home. For some reason although they had moved in the lot remained in build mode making it and the family unplayable. So, I moved them our and into another recently renovated home. No problem. At the same time Narcissa Soileh moved out of her apartment and into the Fontana lot with no problem.

I'm thinking that the problem lies with the previously occupied Helios residence despite the fact that the Lot Inspector found there to (possibly) be nothing amiss. Decided to leave it vacant.

LATER: Attempted to add a new household to the community by moving them into the vacant Helios lot. Same thing happened. Map shows them living there, however, the lot remains vacant of Sims and in build mode. So, it is the lot (in my game) and not the Sims.

IMPORTANT LESSON: It was suggested that the mail box and trash bin may have been missing. These were present. However, the trash bin was at one side of the home and the mail box sat away from the curb. Moved both to the curb which allowed a family to complete the move in. Because many of us refurbish vacated lots this it is good to keep in mind that placement (location) of these objects can matter.
3/31/21
Test Subject
#82 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 12:17 PM Last edited by Odahviing : 18th Apr 2021 at 4:07 PM.
Hello there !
I'm playing on the French version of the Ultimate Collection. (Sorry for the wanky english, good listener/reader, bad speaker/writter here)

So as I was saying on the mod page comments, I tested both SFS and MTS files where the name fix is supposed to be applied. On both, most names are still localized with the same names, no matter what order the families are loaded. It doesn't register the gender. I didn't check for all the sims, only thoses who are playable. (But I clearly saw Oriana's father being named Madeleine Enriquez and her brother Léa Dias...). It is also applied to animals.

- Fontana :
Ironman > Adrien Lemaire

- Rivales :
Emilia > Darren Beranger
Giovanni > Hugues Menard
Fabio > Fabrice Berger
Jolanda > Jean Peltier
Pia > Baptiste Prevost

-Amstrong
Luna > Cabriole
Tina > Newton
??? > Toufou

- Bellamy
Salem > Bénédicte Suwankiri
Malika > Julien Coste
Omar > Nicolas Oger
Roman > Jimmy Jones

- Durant
Launce > Bénédicte Schneider
Tabitha > Lucie Dubois

- Hydes
Peggie > Alain Corsillo
Wanda > Adrien Mendoza ("la sorcière" instead of "the witch", but this part is normal)
Zane > Marie Faure
(I forgot to note the cats)

For other playable sims, the names are ok. I thought it was something due to the scripted event, but that desn't seem the case. Same for load order. No mod issue. Maybe EP templates and stealth hood ?
Or the files weren't updated properly and it didn't register all language available, or one version of it (like English US and UK, or French and French Canadian).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#83 Old 26th Apr 2021 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Odahviing
Hello there !
I'm playing on the French version of the Ultimate Collection. (Sorry for the wanky english, good listener/reader, bad speaker/writter here)

So as I was saying on the mod page comments, I tested both SFS and MTS files where the name fix is supposed to be applied. On both, most names are still localized with the same names, no matter what order the families are loaded. It doesn't register the gender. I didn't check for all the sims, only thoses who are playable. (But I clearly saw Oriana's father being named Madeleine Enriquez and her brother Léa Dias...). It is also applied to animals.

- Fontana :
Ironman > Adrien Lemaire

(cont.)

For other playable sims, the names are ok. I thought it was something due to the scripted event, but that desn't seem the case. Same for load order. No mod issue. Maybe EP templates and stealth hood ?
Or the files weren't updated properly and it didn't register all language available, or one version of it (like English US and UK, or French and French Canadian).

ARKHELIOS - FINAL FINAL PS VERSION PROMISE <3

Hey, thanks, the files have been updated to fix these specific sims. Apologies if it took too long.. I had two weeks of painful finals that I all had to cram and study for, it was super stressful, 0/10 experience haha. School is probably more important than Sims The new, updated fixed version has "x2" added to it, just so it's clear that it was an update. The names should all be fixed now.. took me a couple of while to get but it's all good
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#84 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 8:16 AM
Lmfao wait my dumb ass actually forgot to fix lot bios. Updated the x2 version to fix lot bios for diff languages as well, no more "the household possibly needs a robot or a kid" stuff. Ty!
Page 4 of 4