Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Oct 2021 at 6:11 AM Last edited by Airazor65 : 27th Oct 2021 at 3:23 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default The Sims Castaway Stories Issues
All right, so I managed to get Castaway Stories mostly functioning. Look, I know this is the Sims 2 help section, but it literally uses the same game engine. So anyway, I’ve got my custom bodyshop content (hair, eyes, even custom sims) working for the most part, but...

None of my cc objects work and the neighborhood save data keeps getting purged (for Wanmami Island, at least). Does anyone have any pointers? I’m really enjoying the game, and I’d rather not throw in the towel.

EDIT:
Quote: Originally posted by topp
Have you tried making another player profile in the main menu? This should generate the stock Wanmami Island, but try first playing that version before you switch it out for the clean version. See if making a new profile helps.

What about CC?

Protip: by site rules, it's not allowed to double post. If you have some new information you'd like to share in a thread, and your post is the last post, use the edit button to add info to it.

Uhh... I put the clean version in the program files, and everytime I create a new profile, the game yeets it. So... anyway I can get the default? Of course... I could just reinstall. And delete the document folder. I mean... I moved my downloads (except for defaults and anti-corruption mods) after I heard to not use the mods before I finish story mode. Thanks again, and I’ll get back to you!

Edit 2: The purging seems to have stopped. I think I did some stupid things to the previous install, and also the Neighborhood folder got stuck as read-only (never set your files as read-only unless you want them to stay that way, I guess. Stupid Windows 10!). I'll let you know if it stays okay. Thanks again!
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 25th Oct 2021 at 9:04 AM
See if you're using OneDrive. Purging save files sounds very similar to a problem I had, and it stopped when I disabled syncing of the entire documents save game folder.

As for the CC not showing up, go to the screen where you'd normally click the save game button. Then, click the gear cog (Game Options) and there should be framed option in the upper right corner reading "Show custom content dialog at startup." Make sure the option is off. Then, click the star icon * next to it, and in the window tick Enable custom content and click ok. Then close the game (don't need to save) and try loading it again.

Make sure your CC objects are made for at most Seasons (EP5). Objects made for Bon Voyage and newer won't work.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 25th Oct 2021 at 11:13 AM
And we have a dedicated forum for all Stories Series questions and discussions, with many useful infos and threads already available there
Space Pony
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Oct 2021 at 3:10 PM
Thanks guys! I'll see if it helps. And I really, really hate OneDrive sometimes...
Space Pony
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Oct 2021 at 3:16 PM
See if you're using OneDrive. Purging save files sounds very similar to a problem I had, and it stopped when I disabled syncing of the entire documents save game folder.

As for the CC not showing up, go to the screen where you'd normally click the save game button. Then, click the gear cog (Game Options) and there should be framed option in the upper right corner reading "Show custom content dialog at startup." Make sure the option is off. Then, click the star icon * next to it, and in the window tick Enable custom content and click ok. Then close the game (don't need to save) and try loading it again.

Make sure your CC objects are made for at most Seasons (EP5). Objects made for Bon Voyage and newer won't work.

Oh wait, though, how do I change the OneDrive settings without signing in? I don't really have an account...
Space Pony
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Oct 2021 at 3:30 PM Last edited by Airazor65 : 25th Oct 2021 at 3:55 PM.

I uninstalled OneDrive since I don't use it, so I'll see what happens.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Oct 2021 at 3:58 PM
Oh yeah, and I have the fixed template for Wanmami Island, and I had the one for Felicity Island but removed it because it broke story mode.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Oct 2021 at 5:31 AM
I have unfortunate news. The saves are still getting purged!
Theorist
#9 Old 26th Oct 2021 at 8:44 AM
Have you tried making another player profile in the main menu? This should generate the stock Wanmami Island, but try first playing that version before you switch it out for the clean version. See if making a new profile helps.

What about CC?

Protip: by site rules, it's not allowed to double post. If you have some new information you'd like to share in a thread, and your post is the last post, use the edit button to add info to it.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 26th Oct 2021 at 12:20 PM

What about CC?

I have the following Mods and other CC in my Downloads folder in The Sims 2 Castaway Stories, everything works fine: ffsdebugger.package
ijTeleporterSeasons.package
Painting_MaskTiki.package
quaxi_pets_censor_v1.package
Sculpture_Wall_DriedFlowers.package
Sculpture_WishingPot.package
Sim Blender.package
stuckobjremover.package
TableDining_Tiki.package

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.