Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Car Relationships

by Buzzler Posted 10th Sep 2010 at 5:26 PM - Updated 15th Mar 2014 at 11:27 AM by Buzzler

93 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 59 Feedback Posts, 33 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Banned
#26 Old 14th Sep 2010 at 11:01 AM
I'm a car enthusiast and unless I smoked 10 kilo's of weed I don't think I'll be talking to my Firebird anytime soon. I find these kind of opinions that people have about car enthusiasts a bit offensive... and since Black Box created NFS they could put some more effort into designing these cars I mean WTF!

Eheh anyway...
Great mod, thanks.
1978 gallons of pancake batter
Original Poster
#27 Old 14th Sep 2010 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PwnagePanther
Well, quite a few people talk to their cars because for many, a car is your pride and joy and something alot of people live with. It's not surprising, then, that they might bond with it.
As far as I am concerned, valuing an object on more than the material level, is perfectly normal. Bonding with an object as in having a relationship with it, is psychotic IMHO. A relationship is per definition a two-sided thing. You can have a relationship with a cat, a dog, a pig etc., because they are able to recognize and remember a human individual. You cannot bond with fish, snakes, spiders etc. because these creatures are purely driven by instinct and lack the cognitive ability to even grasp their own individuality let alone the individuality of a human being. In cases like these it might be excusable if someone falls for the illusion of having a relationship.

For inanimate objects like cars, there is no excuse. Anyone with at least two working braincells must be aware of the fact that an object is incapable to return any sort of affection. That's why I despise this new feature in TS3 and made this mod to choke it. The fact that only friendly relationships are possible, doesn't matter in the least, because that's beside the point.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 11:46 AM
There are, apparently, people who do it. Personally I'll just be amused with being able to name my cars after Transformers I colour them as.
Test Subject
#29 Old 17th Sep 2010 at 8:23 AM
I never wanted to remember... The documentary that I saw... About the guy who was sexually attracted to cars... Never wanted to remember the things that they showed him doing to strangers cars... If I ever see him anywhere near my car, I will shoot him. It all came flooding back the moment I saw this mod.

I wasn't aware that there was even a new expansion out because my game stopped running a while back and I've been too stumped by the problem to deal with it. Who in their right mind thought this feature up?!
Forum Resident
#30 Old 17th Sep 2010 at 10:44 PM
Thanks so much for this mod. I didn't the get the stuff pack (only two or three families even have cars in my hood), but the did get the patch, and this was really bugging me. Cars are inanimate objects, dang it. And it annoying takes up a slot where I could be seeing a real friend. Or you know, a cop's spouse.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#31 Old 30th Sep 2010 at 10:44 PM
When i first saw my sim, was friends with his car i thought something was wrong with my game. because i don't have the fast lane stuff expansion,and didn't know you'd be able to friend your car. thought it was weird so thanks for this i only think sims, with the vehicle enthusiast trait should be able to be friends with their car.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#32 Old 10th Oct 2010 at 3:32 AM
Immediately after i saw that one of my sims had 'a relation' with a car i thought there was some mix-up with the thumbnails but it turned out it wasn't. So i thought maybe the character developed the 'Insane' trait and this is why he has a relation with the car and could have one with the stove or the fridge. I googled it and realized EA thought it would be cool to make Sims psychos who 'befriend' their cars and even measure their closeness to them in the relationship bar. Then i swept across the next pages of the google results and here i am with a solution to this weird issue. Thank you mate, its good to know sober and sane people are here to keep my game grounded
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 19th Oct 2010 at 6:08 AM
First, THANKS A MILLION!! I just noticed car relationships last night (after having Fast Lane for about 3 weeks) and I thought it was a glitch in the game, like a car had somehow taken on a human form. Thought it was just weird. I'll pay better attention next time but any relationship with an inanimate object is just strange to me in general. I just refuse to be attached to the material in life and to have a CAR relationship is never going to be something that will fit in my lifestyle. Now, if they decide to bring back PETS...I could understand.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#34 Old 23rd Oct 2010 at 2:46 AM
Thank you SO much for this mod! It's good to know someone else found this just as insane as I did. Good work
Test Subject
#35 Old 25th Oct 2010 at 2:41 PM
I love the idea of this mod. But its not working in my game. Do you need to have FLS for it to work? I am patched at 4.3.4 and my sims do have relationships with their cars. I don't like the extra space it takes up in my relationship panel and would love to get rid of it. Am I going to have to get the stuff pack for this to work in my game?
Original Poster
#36 Old 25th Oct 2010 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsally
But its not working in my game. Do you need to have FLS for it to work?
No, you don't need FLS. You just need to correctly set up your game to support scripting mods.

Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#37 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 12:26 PM
at first when I saw this car relationship, I figured.. hmm another glitch... But then I figured maybe the patch made that since there's that EP about vehicles. Thanks for this Mod! I find the realtionship creepy X)
Test Subject
#38 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 7:46 PM
Thanks for answering so quickly Buzzler, I actually am set up and have a few of your mods and they work great. This actually was working when I started my game up today. Go figure Thanks for the great mods
Test Subject
#39 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 5:21 AM
I could see a talented person turning this into a great steven king christine sim movie but yea a little freaky having a car as a friend
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 11:17 PM
Ty Ty Ty! I didn't even noticed it reflected in the relationship panel. I find it a bit weird and disturbing. I understand having a love for your car, lol but an actual relationship???
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 8:44 AM
First I thought this is all meant to be ironic and it's a mod that makes you form relationsships with your car... so that is a feature of fast lane stuff?! Everytime I think I know all good reasons not to buy stuff packs I learn new ones.
Original Poster
#42 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperFake
so that is a feature of fast lane stuff?!
Unfortunately not. It's a feature of the the patch that updated the game to code version 0.2.0.113 (1.15/2.10/3.6/4.3/5.0). Not buying FLS doesn't save you! I actually don't even have FLS.

Lab Assistant
#43 Old 8th Nov 2010 at 8:33 AM
first you are aquaintences, friends, good friends, best friends and then best friends forever. There is no 'LOVE' or sexual relations.

I tested it out to see what would happen. I didn't think ea would be so sick as to make sexual relations with a car. You cannot talk to your car or anything. It just shows as being best friends in the realtionships pannel. that is all.

And this post is for anybody who is curious as to what happens.
Original Poster
#44 Old 8th Nov 2010 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by luckynicole659
first you are aquaintences, friends, good friends, best friends and then best friends forever. There is no 'LOVE' or sexual relations.
Everyone who read this thread is already aware of that.

Test Subject
#45 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
Everyone who read this thread is already aware of that.

If you're fine having people go "lol ew ppls want have sex wif cars" for post after post then you should be fine with people correcting your slightly misleading initial description. You don't really lead people to think that it's sarcasm there - you might want to leave a note in the future.
Original Poster
#46 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kitsuiko
If you're fine having people go "lol ew ppls want have sex wif cars" for post after post then you should be fine with people correcting your slightly misleading initial description.
The name of the mod is already enough of a description, and the usage section objectively describes how it works. The pope will vote for gay marriage before I start to explain vanilla game features in my upload posts.

Quote:
You don't really lead people to think that it's sarcasm there - you might want to leave a note in the future.
I will never indicate irony, sarcasm or, like in this case, dramaturgic exaggeration even if the pope votes for gay marriage.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 8:54 PM
LOL, bang your car. That sentence was full of wins.
Cool mod. T'was really strange for any sims to be able to befriend car.
Test Subject
#48 Old 12th Dec 2010 at 2:53 AM
That thing is awesome. I was so creeped out when my sims' girlfriend moved in and loved her car more then her boyfriend (and later husband) -.-

Quote: Originally posted by knightguy82
i love that cars can be friends then if you get pissed at it you can blow up your friend lol

LOL
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 18th Dec 2010 at 2:29 PM
I thought it was quite amusing to become BEST FRIENDS with your car.
Its like, "Car! Will you marry me?!" LMFAO.
But on the other hand it was pretty annoying for people to become BFFS with your car.
Your mod will help a lot.

graphic designer. how in the world do i still have this account after so many years?
Zombie Socks
THANKS POST
#50 Old 26th Jan 2011 at 5:28 AM
I talk to my car when I drive it, but then again I talk to lots of inanimate objects. I love this mod and would totally download it, except I love being able to name cars.
Page 2 of 4