Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1026 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yvi-sama
HELP

I don't know who my heir is...

I love it.

It depends: is this for a fortune (an estate, money), or for a fief?

If it is for a fortune/estate: Richard inherited all of Marcus's fortune already, right? So the next heir is Corinna (the first legitimate daughter), then Shanna (even though she is eldest). If Richard chose to recognize her, she has inheritance rights to a fortune, but cannot be named heiress to a fief or inherit an estate without having been fully & legitimately adopted, with the fees paid for her to be eligible to succeed to the title(s) conferred (see Table 60, p. 82). She does not have the full legal status that her sister has unless she was legitimately adopted: recognized is not enough.

If it is for a fief, then Jonathan is first, then Corinna, then Shanna. For the same reasons given above. Jonathan would have a right to his father's fief before his brother's daughters--if Richard had a son, that would all be different.

Great story.
Advertisement
Scholar
#1027 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 12:47 AM Last edited by Florentzina : 2nd Feb 2017 at 12:57 AM.
Hey, Have a new question regarding Favor Point and Royal Appointments which I can't figure out.

After I couple of trials of playing the challenge, I finally grasped how to calculated favor points (although, I simplified some of them and rounded them up for easier counting, such as 5-25 points more or less shouldn't ruin the system too much, right? ;-) ), but the aspect of the challenge to a sim getting ahead were a bit confusing to understand, particularly the lower ranks, as many of my peasants seems to gathering points quickly from the behavior/outcome table, but there is also notes about NOT peasants shouldn't rise above their class.

An example: Several of my male peasants farmers has 520 RFP and 2000 CFP (well 1800, but they is almost there) and ca:40 points in education scores (mostly from skills/badges), but regarding education level and appointments, how far can these sims get ahead in Education and Appointments when it comes their favor points.

Although this sims could get to level 7 in education (2000) through royal points with 6 less in education skills - Does it matter when it reversed, if a sim has LESS RFP than required at that level, lets say 1200, such as would this sim still be promoted to rank 7 or would they be stuck at 30 if they don't have suffient RFP? Basically, does a sim need both Education and CFP to get a certain career level? (Just examples as I probably wouldn't want the lowest ranks advance that much, but I do use low pay Custom careers for services and farmers).

Then there are Table 67 about the "earn royal appointment" - how does this one work when it comes to getting ahead? Can peasant sim with 500 points take a gentry appointments such as going from rank 2 to 6 (if other criteria's are met) or did I missunderstand something about usages of royal favor points?
Test Subject
#1028 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 11:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by M3g7e
Great story.

Thanks to you and your rules

Marcus is still alive. Therefore I will have him legally adopt Jonathan and we'll need a different solution for Shanna... Thank gods her granddad loves her so much :lovestruc

Thank you!
Inventor
#1029 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 3:10 AM
Well, my computer died last Friday, and it looks like it might have taken my Warwickshire save with it. I'm not sure whether it did or not, and if it did, I'm not sure when I'll get up the time to make another. I do want to eventually, though, since it was a lot of fun to build that save!

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Instructor
#1030 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 10:57 PM Last edited by Lady Scarlet : 25th Feb 2017 at 7:33 PM.
So, I've been writing (a lot). I just can't find the time (or the inspiration) to take the pictures for those chapters, but I'm really trying.
Here's a little spoiler for a future chapter. I won't say too much, just that he's Alleken estranged husband, Gregory.

EDIT There's a small new chapter posted I promise to come back with more.

♕ Interlude ♔
"We accept the love we think we deserve."

"You know ... I think you were right."
"Well, I am right about many things, but I have an awful inclination of making the worst decisions when it comes to my own issues. What are you referring to?"
Read more...

EDIT Guess what! Now that the semester's over and I finally took a pause from all the studying (who would have imagined all this doctoring stuff would be so complicated? ), I seem to have found my inspiration. Two chapters in a day! This time, more about the friendship between Alleken and her sister-in-law, Agnes. Nothing major here, just more pictures, but I promise that the next chapter will have more action.

♕ Interlude II ♔
"Let me tell you what I wish I'd known when I was young and dreamed of glory. You have no control: who lives, who dies, who tells your story."

"You should consider coming with us this evening, you know? It's only a dinner organized by a Viscount. And his wife is a very good friend of mine, she wouldn't mind you joining us at all. She is quite an original character, so I think she would be rather delighted to have you among us. It would make everything much less dull, for sure. I don't think I can stand one more of the Viscount's anecdotes about his early days."
Read more...
Test Subject
#1031 Old 6th Mar 2017 at 8:32 PM
Wow, Lady Scarlet, the pictures are awesome as always! Great story

My King died! Juhuu XD
Now the king's brother is regent, happily marrying his niece to his son and the queen can finally leave the convent to be with her daughter and future grandchildren <3 <3 I'm sooooooo pleased!

(But just to keep things a little interesting in the future... there is a royal bastard hidden away somewhere... )
Instructor
#1032 Old 8th Mar 2017 at 6:14 PM
Yvi-sama, thank you! I wasn't exactly happy with how the pictures turned out and I had to change them a couple of times (and then I discovered that I made a mistake in the last post *hint* it has to do with the last 3 pictures), but I'm glad you like them.

Wow, I can't wait for my King to die! His heir is totally unprepared to rule and his health isn't great at all, but the Crown Prince's heir looks very promising (he's in great health and quite handsome too).
I'm happy to hear about your queen. What happened to her? Why was she in the convent? For me, the Crown Prince's spouse, the future Queen is quite dull I really need more drama in my royal family!
Have I mentioned before how I love royal bastards? They make everything so dramatic! My game is full of them too, unfortunately they have no idea who their father is )
Test Subject
#1033 Old 10th Mar 2017 at 8:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lady Scarlet
I'm happy to hear about your queen. What happened to her? Why was she in the convent? For me, the Crown Prince's spouse, the future Queen is quite dull I really need more drama in my royal family!
Have I mentioned before how I love royal bastards? They make everything so dramatic! My game is full of them too, unfortunately they have no idea who their father is )

She "dared" to have only one sick, shortlived son and too many miscarriages, which made her daughter the only heir to the throne. To escape the king's wrath, she locked herself away in the convent, having to leave her child for over 10 years The king tried to have bastards with his mistress (whom he really loved, so sad), but the sons all died and the little girl (daughter of a housemaid) is the only child surviving infancy.

Royal Drama is the best
Instructor
#1034 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 2:54 PM
She "dared" to have only one sick, shortlived son and too many miscarriages, which made her daughter the only heir to the throne. To escape the king's wrath, she locked herself away in the convent, having to leave her child for over 10 years The king tried to have bastards with his mistress (whom he really loved, so sad), but the sons all died and the little girl (daughter of a housemaid) is the only child surviving infancy.

Royal Drama is the best

Uuu, that sounds like my kind of drama! <3 I've had a problem like that in my royal family too, but, fortunately for the Crown Prince's wife, in the end she gave birth to a (very) healthy son. First, she gave birth to a stillborn son, then she had two daughters who were sent to live with their aunt (too many female members in the royal family and right now there's no use for them; might find something for them later or I might simply keep them to raise their brothers' children), then she miscarried twin boys, then she gave birth to the heir. Another pregnancy might be her death sentence, but in these circumstances there's really no need for a spare.
Bastards with his mistress? Well, that sounds interesting. Would he have legitimized such a bastard? Your situation reminds me a lot of Henry VIII, but with less wives I can't wait for something like that to happen in my kingdom!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1035 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 3:18 AM
Great stories, as always Lady Scarlet. Beautiful pictures, too. :lovestruc Indeed, royal drama is quite delicious. For now, I shall have to settle for ducal drama, but it is not so bad either. I wish I had the time and inspiration to write, but I am always busy with some other thing. Maybe this summer, I will.
That picture of Alleken's husband really has me wondering. I hope you'll tell us what has befallen him soon.
Instructor
#1036 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 11:34 PM Last edited by Lady Scarlet : 13th May 2017 at 10:08 AM.
Hey there! M3g7e I'm happy to hear that you liked the stories and pictures I have a few new chapters already written, but I just can't find the time to take the pictures for them too And I have so many ideas! Lots and lots of plots and subplots for my characters!
For example! I've been playing with quite a big household. There's the master of the household, old Thomas Beaufort and then, there is his beautiful young wife, Lady Enndolynn. Together they have... 5 children I believe. Well, only 4 of them are... made together, because the youngest daughter is fathered by a charming young nobleman. But the Lady is quite skilled in keeping her affairs private, so everything's good in the family. Or it used to be, until the children's governess got pregnant with the Master's child. It was quite a surprise for me too, because they've been together for years without any unfortunate accident. The Lady wasn't pleased at all by her husband's indiscretion, so she fired the governess and sent her away. Now they're looking for someone else. Too bad, because it's so hard to find capable servants to educate children.
The poor governess was rejected by her family too, because of her inexcusable behaviour, so she ended up in a house for unwed mothers, where she gave birth to a daughter, Anna, who didn't live long. Now the governess' reputation in ruined. She won't be employed by any respectable family and she certainly won't find herself a decent husband. She'll probably end up becoming a bitter old woman. And poor too!

Then, there's this family that I've mentioned before. A woman and her husband, living on their little farm. Very idilic. The only problem is that out of 9 or so children, only 2 survived. 2 daughters. No sons, no heir for the farm. Well, they came with a solution: the eldest daughter must marry her cousin, the one who will inherit everything, so she, her mother and her younger sister will be safe and will have a place to live in the event that her father will die. Said cousin was found and the marriage took place. They've actually been married for a season or so, but there's still no baby. Or... more exactly, they don't have a baby. The bride's mother finally gave birth to a son! At the eleventh hour. He's not exactly in great health, but there's a good change he'll survive to inherit everything. You can imagine what the eldest daughter and her husband must think right now.
The youngest daughter also got married recently. Not exactly a great match, but they do get along and her husband's a cook at the royal castle. And she also gave birth to a son (her older sister's still childless). They used to get along so well back when they were children and now they almost can't stand one another. Too bad the younger sister is in such terrible health. I fear another pregnancy might be fatal to her. And she's only 21.

I just finished furnishing a new lot of apartments and I want to try something new! Sailors! I've already got some noblemen in mind for the new fleet and even some lowerborn. I was thinking something alond the lines of vikings, only less bloody. Men will be at sea for a long time, women will stay ashore and take care of the household. God, these women will have to be really tough. I want them to have a different status than the other wives (farmers', merchants' and nobles' wives). Maybe more authority.
And I just recetly started rewatching "The Tudors", so... I really want a monarch like that! Too bad my Crown Prince is so... plain. Pointless. He doesn't even desire a mistress! I really hope his son will be more fun to play with when he grows, because this generation will suffer from a serious lack of royal bastards (the Crown Prince's father more than compensated for that, but still!).

EDIT Just when I was beginning to think that everything was too perfect to be true... I guess I jinxed it Here are a boy and a girl, young and a little bit in love. So they take the next step and get married. The thing about the boy and the girl? They're part of the aristocracy, the high society. Noblemen. They're actually first cousins, but that's not unusual at all. The girl is part of the Royal familly (her mother is a Princess, daughter of the old King and her older sister's actually married to the Crown Prince) and the boy is... well, his lineage's a little bit more complicated (his father's a recently titled Marques who married one of the King's daughters; so... the boy's step-mother is a Princess too). One way or another... they're cousins. Twice! From thei mother's side and their father's too. But that's of no account right now.
The girl gets pregnant on their wedding night and she births a son! Everyone takes delight in the fortunate event. The mother's strong and the pregnancy and birth barely affected her, so I'm quite certain she will bear many srong sons and beautiful daughters. The baby's healthy too.
She gets pregnant again, two years later. She gives birth without any complication, but... something's not right with the baby. He has the wrong skin tone. And with it being the Middle Ages - Renaissance period... there's no such notion of genes and genetics (recessive genes, domminant ones... and so on and so forth). The problem? The baby actually has an unnatural skin tone, and that's even worse in a society that banishes and kills all unholy creatures (like mermaids, elves, demons, dragons and selkies). Everyone comes to the same conclusion: if the mother isn't lying and she was faithful to her husband, then somehing must be wrong with the mother and the Lord must be punishing her by giving her monstrous offsprings. Then, there's only one solution: a Declaration of Nullity must be obtained and the wife must recede into the background and let her husband take another wife.
Oh, and the baby? Strangled And everyone must pretend that it never happened.

EDIT #2 I was in the mood for a little family portrait, so... Here is the Beaufort family.
From left to right: Louis Philippe, Nicolas Henri, Stephanie Felicite, Duke Thomas Beaufort, Duchess Enndolynn Beaufort, Marie-Louise and Marie-Adelaide. Little Marie-Louise's father isn't the Duke, but that's the Duchess' secret.

EDIT #3 Back! I guess I'm simply in the mood for family portraits, because... here's the Leinster family. Yep! That one's Alleken's younger brother, Albrecht. His wife too, Agnes. And their ever expanding brood, of course. There's Alleken too, with her youngest, Charlotte. And Agnes is pregnant again, of course (the two babies are hers; there's little Edward, in his mother's arms and Constance, in Alleken's arms; they're not twins, they're just born less than a year apart).

EDIT #4 Well... now there's an epidemic of sweating sickness Anyone in with a THS of 61 or above has 2/3 chances of survival. Those with a worse THS have 1/2 chances of survival. It's the 16th rotation. Let's see who will survive and wich families will perish Let the games begin!

EDIT #5 First victims of The Great Sweating Sickness 5 victims after playing with the first two households. I lost the Crown Prince and his youngest sister, but his heir survived, so the dynasty is secured. For now. Then I lost a farmer, but his wife and child survived and they are taken care of by her brother and sister-in-law, who are very nice to her and her children. Then there are two newborn baby girls, who died shortly after their birth.

EDIT #6 More victims. Almost entire families.
Test Subject
#1037 Old 11th May 2017 at 2:11 PM
I love your stories, Lady Scarlet! ^^~

As before, I come bearing questions, this time about wishes. They're mentioned in Table 64 on page 95 as rewards for virtuous Sims' collecting CFP, but I can't find any other reference to them. Am I just blind, or are wishes still TBA/TBD?

My Sims 2 Test of Time Challenge Blog - Here - Updated 6-10-2015
Instructor
Original Poster
#1038 Old 16th May 2017 at 2:56 AM
Hello, faerie6099, the mention of wishes in that chart simply means that you may fulfill a sim's minor wants--500 pts or less--for every positive 250 CFP. The thing is, I often don't pay much attention to those minor wants--maybe they get fulfilled, or not--but the idea is that if the sim is "good," then you can sweep those minor wants quickly and hopefully roll some higher wants. It should say "want" not "wish."

@Lady Scarlet: love the updates, as usual. :lovestruc You have beautiful families and such great stories for all of your sims.
And Wow. Your sweating sickness epidemic looks likely to carry off quite a few sims. Are you using one of the Warwickshire diseases or did you make one of your own? (secretly hoping you've made a new disease! ) I started last winter to make six new diseases, but never finished them ... I should really get back to that (...scrambles around the room, rummaging through piles of started ideas and projects...) Right now, I'm away from home (my brother and his wife just had their first baby! --And Heloise is now an Aunt for the first time!) I plan to get back to working on Warwickshire again later this summer, but for now I'm enjoying the new baby and a short stay away from home. It's a nice change of pace for me.
Test Subject
#1039 Old 17th May 2017 at 8:05 PM
Oohh, okay, thank you. ^^ I fill their wants or not in general as per my own inclination and if they need it to retain positive aspiration because I hate dealing with moody sims. xD

My Sims 2 Test of Time Challenge Blog - Here - Updated 6-10-2015
Theorist
#1040 Old 17th May 2017 at 9:10 PM
@Lady Scarlet you should post your story in the "What's goin on in your game" that way you can have your own thread and it'll be easier to follow.

I'd really love to see ALL of what you've done, but I don't relish the thought of goin back and scannin through 11 pages worth of posts to find them :/
Instructor
#1041 Old 20th May 2017 at 9:32 PM
@CaliBrat That's actually a great idea! I didn't know I can have my own thread there (I guess it's finally the time to give up on viewing this forum in the old theme and switch to the new one). I have to do that as soon as I have the time I'll post here and leave a link when it's done.
Test Subject
#1042 Old 25th May 2017 at 6:45 AM
I have just started playing a variation of your WRC, Heloise, where I am combining aspects of it with the MCC. I had initially tried to build an entire playable 'hood, to get straight in to the WRC, but was itching to play. I'm essentially using Lesley's MCC as my base, but incorporating bits of the WRC, such as social stations, THS, RFP, CFP, and all of the rules regarding marriage, education, health, tax, law &order etc.

I can't believe the amount of time and effort you would have had to put in to this challenge. It is absolutely epic. It's taken me several months of reading, planning, re-reading, reading again, to really get my head around it.

I have a question about the THS and the optional modifiers. I have an adult sim who has just come down with food poisoning. Do I use the modifier for food poisoning at her middle age roll, even if she is no longer sick, or does it only apply if she currently has the food poisoning?

Thanks for your help!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1043 Old 26th May 2017 at 3:03 AM
@Niam_h, I'm glad you're enjoying the challenge. I agree that Warwickshire pairs really well with the MCC: the two are a good fit for each other. To answer your question: the modifiers are always optional; however, if you use them you will want to be consistent in their application to get the best sense of their effects. In general, if you do decide to use them, they should be used for whenever the event occurs during that entire life stage, so that the roll reflects the overall health state during that stage of life--so yes--use the roll if you are using the modifiers.
Test Subject
#1044 Old 29th May 2017 at 11:37 AM
Hi there!

Call me nuts, but I started a short-version of this challenge in a new hood despite the fact I love my Warwickshire-hoods! But it is soooooo much writing involved I really needed a break

Now I only use the THS, life-stages and pregnancy statistics to determain all my sims' health on a single sheet of paper, very refreshing They are desert-normads and it is quite difficult to keep them alive (there is always a 0/-3 THS reduction whenever a sim leaves camp to hunt or collect stuff and even inside the camp - depending on age - no-one is entirely save )

The most difficult aspect? While there is midwifery, aside from gaining points via aging, there is NO WAY to improve one's health

Well, everyone, have fun
Lab Assistant
#1045 Old 29th May 2017 at 1:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lady Scarlet
So, I've been writing (a lot). I just can't find the time (or the inspiration) to take the pictures for those chapters, but I'm really trying.
Here's a little spoiler for a future chapter. I won't say too much, just that he's Alleken estranged husband, Gregory.

EDIT There's a small new chapter posted I promise to come back with more.

♕ Interlude ♔
"We accept the love we think we deserve."

"You know ... I think you were right."
"Well, I am right about many things, but I have an awful inclination of making the worst decisions when it comes to my own issues. What are you referring to?"
Read more...

EDIT Guess what! Now that the semester's over and I finally took a pause from all the studying (who would have imagined all this doctoring stuff would be so complicated? ), I seem to have found my inspiration. Two chapters in a day! This time, more about the friendship between Alleken and her sister-in-law, Agnes. Nothing major here, just more pictures, but I promise that the next chapter will have more action.

♕ Interlude II ♔
"Let me tell you what I wish I'd known when I was young and dreamed of glory. You have no control: who lives, who dies, who tells your story."

"You should consider coming with us this evening, you know? It's only a dinner organized by a Viscount. And his wife is a very good friend of mine, she wouldn't mind you joining us at all. She is quite an original character, so I think she would be rather delighted to have you among us. It would make everything much less dull, for sure. I don't think I can stand one more of the Viscount's anecdotes about his early days."
Read more...

I see you there, Hamilton quote!
I'm thinking about getting back into this challenge.
Instructor
#1046 Old 31st May 2017 at 5:53 PM
@M3g7e Yes, it's actually a 'new' disease. Well, the rules aren't exactly complicated, because I try to keep those as simple as possible. I just read about its high mortality rate in England at that time and I tried to import those into my game. I decided that any sim with a THS above 61 has 2/3 chances of survival, while those with a THS below 61 have 1/2 chance of survival. At the beginning of this rotation I roll the chances for everyone and after that I play with every household. If a baby os born during this rotation, then I roll for them too.
Test Subject
#1047 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 8:03 PM
Hi, All! First of all, thank you SO MUCH for putting together this incredible challenge. It must have taken so much time and effort, and it is probably the most detailed and well thought out challenge I've ever seen. I'm so excited to see that people are still playing this challenge and are active. I've been trying to climb onboard over the past 3 days; it's just a LOT to take in and learn! I've been playing a little bit then introducing bits and bits at a time.

One thing that I just can't wrap my head around is how so many people are having babies die so quickly? I played through 15 births, and not a single baby or mother died, which leads me to believe that I'm calculating something incorrectly. And I think because of this, I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around other calculations, as well.

From my understanding, at the babies birth, I'm to roll a number between 1-100 to determine health. Then, I'm to roll between -25 - 25. If the number is positive, I'm to add that health to the original health rolled. If the number is negative, I'm to subtract that amount from the health.

The women's health table is very straightforward, and I believe I've got that down. It's mainly the babies that I'm feeling I'm doing something incorrectly.

I'm using random.org to calculate everything instead of dice. Thank you so much for any help, I greatly appreciate it! And again, thank you SO MUCH for creating this!
Test Subject
#1048 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 7:34 PM
A new face, welcome xkelseydawno!

There is nothing wrong with your calculation as far as I can see. Let's make an example calculation:
Baby Boy Foster:
Roll 1-100 = 41 (average health)
+ -25/25 = -11 = 41-11=30 (poor health)
30 is the health score after birth.
Now add the "infant"-roll -20/20
30-2=28 (baby is still in poor health)

If a midwife is present during birthing, you MAY add +5 to both ends of the roll (-25/25 then becomes -20/30), that is up to you. Just remember to use this kind of modifyers equaly throughout your neighborhood.

The chances of a baby dying at birth are given, it all depends on chance. Women died a lot easier in the old edition (without THS), but since they give birth every (or every other) year it is still hard to keep them alive.

Have fun exploring the rules and don't feel shy to ask questions whenever you feel like it. I'm playing this for over three years and still have not used all of it ;-)
Test Subject
#1049 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 12:56 AM Last edited by rosiered : 31st Jul 2017 at 6:43 PM.
A new face, welcome xkelseydawno!

There is nothing wrong with your calculation as far as I can see. Let's make an example calculation:
Baby Boy Foster:
Roll 1-100 = 41 (average health)
+ -25/25 = -11 = 41-11=30 (poor health)
30 is the health score after birth.
Now add the "infant"-roll -20/20
30-2=28 (baby is still in poor health)

If a midwife is present during birthing, you MAY add +5 to both ends of the roll (-25/25 then becomes -20/30), that is up to you. Just remember to use this kind of modifyers equaly throughout your neighborhood.

The chances of a baby dying at birth are given, it all depends on chance. Women died a lot easier in the old edition (without THS), but since they give birth every (or every other) year it is still hard to keep them alive.

Have fun exploring the rules and don't feel shy to ask questions whenever you feel like it. I'm playing this for over three years and still have not used all of it ;-)

Hi everyone! I'm pretty new to this challenge and i come with a few questions!

My main one is if anyone has advice for privately adapting the rules to fit the sims 3? The reason i ask is mainly because I want to take advantage of the nraas story progression mod which would allow me to focus more on my founder and the challenge at hand, mainly letting the other families develop according to their personalities and only interfering during affairs and the like (during my test run of this, i had to do that alot cuz the king was having babies with everyone xD).

The second question i had is what are the rules regarding the age of the founder? Personally I've been running a teen since the teen years were considered adulthood back then, but if anyone has any advice i'd appreciate it, thanks for the help! ^^

and as a third (based on experiences i've had in my test runs) what are the rules for interaction when someone above your station crashes your party? xD
Test Subject
#1050 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rosiered
... i come with a few questions!

... if anyone has advice for privately adapting the rules to fit the sims 3?

... what are the rules regarding the age of the founder?

what are the rules for interaction when someone above your station crashes your party?

Hey rosiered,

it's been a while since I saw a response on this thread so call me a necromancer, but, I'm going to have a go at answering your questions.

- No, I do not have any advice on adapting the rules to The Sims 3.
&
- When someone above your station crashes your party there is not much you can do within the rules of the challenge. (I say 'within the rules' of the challenge because role play and imagination may provide the solutions you seek.) In the end I would say it depends on the kind of stations both involved parties find themselves in. A king with his sovereign claim on all his lands and the land's bounties can never be denied the right of hospitality without incurring his wrath, a petty noble such as a nobody-knight may be kicked of a freeman's land with minor consequence though, when the freeman has a good excuse (perhaps the knight was misbehaving). Additionally a noble of any level can be kicked out of the estate of any who is not directly or indirectly his vassal.

For example if the knight from barony A. is causing trouble in barony B. he may be told to leave or even forced too, and sufficiently rude behavior (raping and pillaging) could even lead to a war between both baronies.
If however, the duke, in charge of both barony A. and barony B. comes a-knocking there can be no valid reason for anyone who lives in his land to turn him down.

So in summary: there was a notion of a right of hospitality, the extent of which varied greatly from home to home. But the lord over specific lands had the right to do as he pleased in those lands, which included demanding hospitality, however unreasonable (though perhaps his superior may disagree or the people may organize a rebellion and even outright deny him if he doesn't bring some armed thugs).

As for my own challenge experience so far, I finally finished one of my uni degrees, and my world building is coming along steadily, already played a cycle with my primary neighborhood. It is an endless project however, maybe I'll show some images later.
Page 42 of 44