Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Site Helper
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd May 2013 at 6:49 PM
Default Rename Special Families
I find it really annoying that the special families have arbitrary family names, especially when they conflict with the names of my playable families. It would be nice to have a small program which renames the special families, so that they are easily recognizable. The program should suggest names, allow the user to specify their own names, and keep track of what the user changed for the future.

Special Family IDs:
0x7FFF = Service Sims / NPCs
0x7FFE = Townies / Dormies
0x7FFD = Orphans (Sim Adoption Pool)
0x7FFC = Downtownies
0x7FFB = Bob the Builder
0x7FFA = Pets - Strays
0x7FF9 = Pets - Orphans (Pet Adoption Pool)
0x7FF8 = Pets - Display Pets - Available
0x7FF7 = Pets - Display Pets - In Use
0x7FF6 = Seasons - Garden Club
0x7FF4 = Bon Voyage - Tourists
0x7FF3 = Bon Voyage - Asia
0x7FF2 = Bon Voyage - Mountains
0x7FF1 = Bon Voyage - Tropics
0x7FE3 = Apartment Life - Gearheads
0x7FE2 = Apartment Life - Bohemians
0x7FE1 = Apartment Life - Jocks
0x7FE0 = Apartment Life - Techies
0x7FDF = Apartment Life - Socialites
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 13th May 2013 at 11:56 AM
This is the tool I would be specially interested In. And I agree totally with the descriptions you gave. It is exactly this way I name the families and I'm really fed-up of having to open every New hood in SimPE to rename them every time. In fact I would like that those families were created automatically even if they do not have any sims in it. My game doesn't produce NPCs and I use these families to temporary Move my own sims that are not playable at the moment. Explain: For example I want my sim family to have a boy (or girl) with an specific look. The only way we have in TS2 to produce a boy or a girl at demand, is to make a sim to have a baby with self. Then the baby will have its opposite gender. It is a bore. If I have a sim with special look and want to have a baby with the same look but the same gender, I have to make a baby and then make another baby from the baby. Too complicated because then I have an extra baby that I don't want at all. So I throw this extra baby in the Orphans family and forget it. If one day I want its look, I adopt it. The big problem is that he is going to create a family with its name and it will conflict with the families that I have already. Such a mess. The same happen if I throw an extra sim in whatever family. I have to rename them to Joe Townies, Mary Downtownies, Peter Gearhead, Snoopy Strays, etc. So a bore!
Thanks.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th May 2013 at 7:02 PM
It should be fairly easy for me to add an option to create the families if they don't exist. Thanks for showing interest in the tool, and thanks for the suggestion.
Instructor
#4 Old 17th May 2013 at 4:30 PM
Oh, it is not simple interest, it would be a must for my game. Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 16th Jun 2013 at 8:31 PM
I'm very interested -- I hate the random last names on the special families!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 14th Nov 2013 at 4:50 PM
I know this is an old thread (because I am getting the "you suck, you necromancer" message) but I just wanted to say that those are almost EXACTLY the same names I always change those families to as well & would most definitely be interested in a way to make those changes permanent!

**** Leader of the MoonBats! ****